University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

End of the World: Secret Miracle
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/23/2008 3:22 PM (#4588)
Subject: End of the World: Secret Miracle

PhD Alumni

Dear All

The world will end, sometime, possibly. Possibly tomorrow, possibly in a zillion years time; big bang time; unless we are into steady state stuff, in which case, things just change; prophecies are intriguing.

Yet, outwith prophecy, we have the Now.

'Give ye no thought for the morrow' (JC, paraphrased).

We have our own gift of goodness in the Now-time, not even the dream-time. But it takes trust. Today I was eating an orange at a bus stop. I am old-ish, white man. It was a hectic bus stop in a place of mixed identities. A little Asian Indian girl suddenly appeared in the corner of my eye - maybe seven years ? I felt her longing for the orange I was eating. Looked up. She was with her young mother, and younger siblings. What to do ? I drifted over to mother and said, 'excuse me, ' she looked perplexed - why was this white man talking to her ... 'your daughter maybe looked like she wanted a piece of this orange... here .. ' she said 'oh yes, thank you ' ... the little ones readily took the fruit - it was a hot afternoon - I made sure to address mother rather than children so as not to appear a sexual predator - how difficlut life is these days - but the miracle for me happened. One day, learning still to be an Angel ...

Namaste
Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/23/2008 3:24 PM (#4589 - in reply to #4588)
Subject: RE: End of the World: Secret Miracle

PhD Alumni

Sorrrry - point of story, is, we are the end and the beginning of the world, in all we do. Perhaps, possibly ... quite frightenting really, at least, challenging !!
Tracy Martin
Posted 4/23/2008 3:52 PM (#4590 - in reply to #4588)

Alumni

Yes! This is it! Right Now we choose, life or death, give or take, awake or asleep. Thank you for the delicious orange!

Kashia
Posted 4/23/2008 4:21 PM (#4592 - in reply to #4588)

Thank you for sharing such a nice story.

These isolated moments where we are present...enough..to see what happens around us. I suppose the more presence we

dwell in the more amazing life is... all the way to absolute stillness and our perfection as beings.

Jesus said so many things pointing to state of enlightenment. such as your quote...give no thought for the tomorrow

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/23/2008 4:48 PM (#4593 - in reply to #4588)

PhD Alumni

Thanks for responses.

St Theresa of Avila also:

'All the way to Heaven is Heaven' !

Love & blessings

Paul
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum