University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Time Travel - Is it possible?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Supernatural3
Posted 4/20/2008 11:18 AM (#4507)
Subject: Time Travel - Is it possible?

PhD Alumni

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBUv4j3DINE&eurl=http://paranormal.about.com/od/timeanddimensiontravel/youtube/yt_time_travele.htm] Time Travel

I watched this and i am not so sure I am convinced, but I wanted to share. I do think something happened.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tracy Martin
Posted 4/20/2008 1:18 PM (#4511 - in reply to #4507)
Subject: RE: Time Travel - Is it possible?

Alumni

That was very interesting! I believe in the ability to time travel through the mind or spirit.
schenn
Posted 4/20/2008 1:24 PM (#4513 - in reply to #4507)

The flow of time is an illusion. Time is a series of nows and your brain assembles the nows into a flow of time. If you properly focus your mind (not easy) you should be able to remove yourself from the now and reenter another now.

Difficult

Or you could just use a tiny black hole, the gravitational warping of space and time around the black hole, when controlled through magnetic fields, could allow people/things to traverse time. CERN is kinda working on this at the moment....
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/21/2008 4:02 AM (#4516 - in reply to #4507)

PhD Alumni

Thanks for the post Supernatural ... my response is, he seemed genuine, though some of the comments were interesting (eg, about the tattoo & respective heights, for example). He doesn't say how he got back.

So far as i am aware, we still do not fully understand the idea of wormholes, and given the outpouring of consciousness, anything might be possible. My sense though is that time travel is more feasible, possible and/or available to us in the astral realm.

Aren't CERN also trying to generate a 'black hole' ?
Paul
mruppert
Posted 4/22/2008 2:55 AM (#4527 - in reply to #4507)

Hi all:
    I haven't devoted as much to this as I would have liked to, as I am working on another, more lucrative (and less costly) project, but tell me why time travel is NOT possible.
     We have all ready established that two potentialized quanta can maintain communication from point 0 throughout the entire expanse of the universe, each completely and totally aware of the orientation of the other, NO MATTER how far away they get......soooooo, what is the time factor? Is it Einstiens??????
      I have often stated on this website that I believe that time is NOT relative to the perceiver, but that it is, indeed, a state in and of itself, of which it is a quantum force or fabric or energy...I am not certain how to name it. True, when at zero point, there is no relative time, BUT, there is still TIME!
       Ya know, it's funny in that no one has ever answered my question. Maybe it can't be answered......but, if we did, indeed have a "Big Bang", what was before?????? And, WHAT TIME WAS IT????????????

Peace Profound,
Marty and Max Planck Cats, Lucky, Poppy, and SpinozaSissy
mruppert
Posted 4/22/2008 8:10 PM (#4562 - in reply to #4507)

Oh....and also, Paul, "they" (various U's and study labs like LL and CERN) are building a super accelerator..or at least starting to based on funding........they might potentially be able to create a black hole like moment...just enough...just that nanosecond enough to destroy the world!

Dr. Ian Malcomb:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
-Juraissic Park

I say go for it, afterall, with punctuated equilibrium, we will go anyway, even if we can reverse the damage we have done to the earth, which we can't. Imagine, we won't even outlive the dinosaurs, as smart as we are!

Peace,
Envious Marty, because my cats have nine lives!
P.S. There is a physicist among us....JWK.....I wonder what he thinks?
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/23/2008 5:37 AM (#4567 - in reply to #4507)

PhD Alumni

I had heard something about the potential consequnces of a black hole on earth, thanks Marty - also that someone was trying to mount a legal action against the research in light of that risk ... as you say, it might simply accelarate us onto the next level of cosmic meaning - or time ! - if that were to happen.

Interesting that it is in, I think, the Bhagavad Gita where it refers to the Divinity as being a light brighter than a thousand suns ...

See you in the future ....
schenn
Posted 4/23/2008 12:50 PM (#4573 - in reply to #4567)

Actually, because of Hawking radiation, the microscopic black holes will evaporate within a few nano-seconds. Its the same thing that goes on constantly in our upper atmosphere as solar particles collide with the Earth.
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/23/2008 1:34 PM (#4581 - in reply to #4573)

PhD Alumni

Oh we'll be alright then. Phew. Back to the future.

Namaste

Paul
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software