University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

mother nature fights back
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

sunflower
Posted 4/18/2008 4:20 AM (#4427)
Subject: mother nature fights back

Elite Veteran

because of breakthrough in medine,we are all living longer lives,than our ancestors,wether that longer life is robotic,i.e.medication is helping to lengthen lives,but are they really living,or just existing.So,the population has grown enormously,but it doesn,t go hand in hand with hapiness,fullfilment,most are depressed,dissatisfied with their lives,wondering whats the point,even the very young of today.It seems to me God,the creator,whomever you call the divine spirit,has given us the minds and technology to create more and more amazing tools,gadgets,bigger televisions,plasma,constantly new comuters,each bigger,better,than the last one,mobile phones that now do the job of everthing combined,i.e.take photos,use the internet,watch telly,so much more,in one small package,and yet,more invention,coming thick and fast,before we have the chance to get used to the original one,it seems if we buy the latest gadget,its already out of date,next day someone has taken it one step further,so the world is swamped with all this tecnology,and competing witheach other to better it.Some may call it progress,i call it destruction. Everything is instantly,"new and improved".at what cost,satelite,rockets to the moon,to gather new info,its all too much too fast.I beleive all this tecnology,etc,is,has ruined the world,the universe,the air we breathe.Who knows what effect a camera crashing on the moon to collect latest data,causes in the shift of things,the vibrations,the aftershocks.There is no such thing now as a walk in the FRESH AIR,the unseeen pollution from the above mentioned,is bound to affecting not only the atmosphere,but the health of humans,everything is instant,the touch of a button.and so it goes on.We have no seasons any more,the wildlife,birds etc,are even confused,the plants and flowers,don,t know if its spring summer,winter,theyre confused,mankind chopping down trees,to make way for bigger highways,houses,so much more.We reap what we sow.Mother nature has had enough of the cruelty,and destruction,of her beautiful creation,so she fights back,in anger,floods,hurricanes,earhquakes,she is not being cruel,she is angrgy that man is destroying her,and is fighting back,she has the power to end this world in a nano second.So,stop abusing,trying to get one up on the last invention,or there will be no world to live,learn,enjoy.we have been given the tools of the mind to better our stay here,but it is being used in the wrong way,greed,competitive hunger,so on,if we don,t listen,our children will not enjoy what we did,when our elders lived naturaly,taking for the good of nature,only what was needed.Time to wake upand smell the coffee,not the pollution,luv,and hugs
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rose
Posted 4/18/2008 5:23 AM (#4428 - in reply to #4427)
Subject: RE: mother nature fights back

Student

Good observation. I believe that there are those that really forget the Earth is a living organism, and like any living organism it will fight if it's being destroyed. It will fight to preserve itself.
Chotuni
Posted 4/18/2008 5:27 PM (#4438 - in reply to #4428)

Regular

I'm on the Earth's side!
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/18/2008 7:55 PM (#4447 - in reply to #4427)

PhD Alumni

For the Greeks, Gaia, the Earth was the mother of the gods. This whole cycle, going back of time, is very interesting. We just have to ride it out with the best goodness of heart - to the earht and each other - we can muster, I feel.
sunflower
Posted 4/19/2008 3:44 AM (#4453 - in reply to #4447)

Elite Veteran

yes paul,i agree,it may be interesting to some,but if we put our faith and love in god,the supreme spirit,the father,whatever,should we not have that same respect for the mother too,earth.Just riding it out,see what happens,is denial of resposibility on the human,who can and should do something about it.Heaven,and earh are connected if you like,i.e.mother and father,we pay much attention dedication and love to the father,the spiritual,but ignore the motheres pain,earth,and as i say,it is mans doing,therfore,to balance things out,man needs to heal the earh,not destroy,this is in our hands,and we should take resposibility for it,to ride it out,as u say,and se what happens,is denying responsibility,we are too attached to our modern technology,phones,computers,cars,microwaves,to let them go,so we make excuses,and blame something else,meanwhile the earth is suffering greatly,if technology were to break down irreparably.mobile phones,computers,etc,the world activity would cease,as we no longer communicate by letter,by person to person,just a robotic world,as i say,we would be lost,as we are losing the natural means of communication,using calculators in school to add up,were once we used our brains,now,our brains are being mushed if you like,kids now would be totaly lost without phones,calculators,etc,losing the art of one to ne comunication,even cooking food,the art is being lost,we microwave,so,the reason for peoples despair and apathy,is they are ignoring the rules of the creator,and mother earth,and the price will be paid,if there is an ending to this earth,it will be by man,s hand alone,shame,he has the power to save,sorry paul for going on,i get ver passionate about what i beleive in,and it may come across as anger at the person i am talkin to,i apologise,i have read your other posts,and feel you are of a very high spiritual level,i just don,t agree on this,like the yoths attitude of today,SO WHAT,WHO CARES, i do,and so should everyone,if they want to be true tospirit,love and light to you my friend.
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/19/2008 4:45 AM (#4455 - in reply to #4427)

PhD Alumni

Sorry that I did not make myself clear. By 'goodness of heart', I meant excatly what you are saying; by riding it out, I equally meant, not giving up, but enduring steadfastly. I was just trying tbe concise and clear. In other words, we must do what we can to endure as children of the Divine, by loving the earth, each other, and the Divine within. On the other hand, there are great cycles at work, I believe. Namaste.
Rose
Posted 4/19/2008 11:48 AM (#4467 - in reply to #4453)

Student

this is the problem with the promotion of narcissistic personalities in our society. Narcissist's should not be allowed into positions of power. To a narcissist the earth is nothing more than a piece of furniture to be used and discarded at will. Those that have no respect for the Earth and her living creatures should not be appointed to positions of power. And yet it's their callous aggresiveness that usually wins their positions.

How could anyone bomb anything knowing that there are small helpless creatures residing there. If you've ever seen Mother's of all kind with their young, watching them nurturing and protecting them you know what a beautiful sight and what a heartwarming sight that is; how anyone could not want to help them out is beyond me. Those that wish to destroy that natural balance, wouldn't it be safe to say that they have some sort of mental illness? Why are people with apparent mental illness's being elected into positions of power all over this earth?

Our leaders should be those who are compassionate, but firm. They should be those who protect their people not leave them out to dry in times of trouble. There are two and half million families losing their homes this year and it's not because "their stupid" or they didn't "know what they were doing". They were hoodwinked and bamboozled! And there's another 1.2 million estimated to follow with new foreclosures. Now where are the compassionate leaders? Who will protect these people? How many of these children will end up living on our streets? A countries prosperity is it's people and this is how America is going to treat it's prosperity?

So I pray that Mother Earth will respond and will take care of them. That's how America started with frontier people and Mother Earth provided for them. Perhaps we will see a new group of frontiers that will be more in harmony with Mother Earth and bring their children up to better protect her.

Just one idea of a possible safe future for our Earth Mother.
NothingEverything
Posted 4/19/2008 10:19 PM (#4480 - in reply to #4427)

UMS Student

Action and Reaction.
It's a two way street!
schenn
Posted 4/20/2008 12:07 AM (#4489 - in reply to #4427)

Humanity's biggest problem... is overpopulation. There are too many of us for Gaia to support. Those in control know this and are working to remedy it. Watching a lot of people die is a painful experience, but it's a nessassary one in this era. "How can anyone bomb a place knowing people will die" Because they also know that they'll reincarnate and so whats actually lost? Stop thinking in 3 dimensions.
sunflower
Posted 4/24/2008 6:27 PM (#4641 - in reply to #4489)

Elite Veteran

shenny,your favourite saying,stop thinking in3 dimesions.As for the people dying from bombs what about the relatives who have lost a husband,wife,child those who have lost loved ones in such a tragic,delibearate act of violence,mans,deliberate act of evil,they may well reincarnate in time,but what of now,in the moment,the pain they are suffering NOW,saying goodbye,not knowing its for the last time,not everyone knows,or beleives in the afterlife,or reincarnation,all they know is,their heart is bleeding NOW,this moment of time.
Tracy Martin
Posted 4/24/2008 11:12 PM (#4648 - in reply to #4427)

Alumni

I have heard that the Earth can sustain the population as it is, abundantly, and I have heard it can't.
It seems like oil dependant giant agri-businesses have control over the majority of food supplies and the price of basic foods has doubled for many people in the world. I have heard that the food is available but no one can afford the prices.

This is not the whole solution, but there are other ways for us to get food than just relying on commercial farming to help us sustain ourselves, a few are indoor and outdoor gardening, community gardening, roof top gardening. From the sound of the news around the world it might be wise to start planting seeds. 
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/25/2008 3:49 AM (#4649 - in reply to #4648)

PhD Alumni

I think, Tracy, you are absolutely spot on ... good advice.

I'm sure everybody knows this by now, but it seems that grain grown to feed animals that we eat, we would be better eating the grain... (that idea been around a long time, but folk only have seemed to have taken notice as the tide draws nearer to tehir own feet).

I also dimly recall a, possibly Native American peoples interpretation, that oil is the earth's life blood that we are draining too dry. A powerful symbol.
Chotuni
Posted 4/27/2008 6:33 PM (#4770 - in reply to #4427)

Regular

yes my friend P.J. i have heard that myself and it seems to be absolutely right .see you all soon love and light to all.off and running T.T.F.N.??????? ????????
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/28/2008 3:56 AM (#4776 - in reply to #4770)

PhD Alumni

... and Chotuni may your journey be safe over the skin of the Earth ...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software