University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Realization
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

dottie
Posted 4/15/2008 8:16 PM (#4371)
Subject: Realization

After getting a disappointing messege today, I had to find ways to keep myself busy and my thoughts positive. A bottle of wine, some pills, perhaps the more "hippie" approach all instantly sounded better to alieviate my stress and fear. Although, I decided to buy an oil burner and lavender oil instead. As the evening approached I was getting excited to try out my knew purchase. After inhaling the lavender, and cooking a yummy meal(feeling much better than earlier) I had an epiphany!! I was programed for a quick fix. I was taught to take a pill if you did not feel good, or even if your mind did not feel good!!! I am a true American!! Eventhough I thought I was not your typical American(as far as my thoughts go), I might as well have been a blonde, and a blue eyed girl!!! What is so wrong with a little stress..... and what about fear..... Humans are designed to over come mental and physical barriers! Look at what our country has programed in its people!!! Now, I think I need to take something just thinking about it!! Can you imagine how much a person could grow if they didn't try to "get rid" of the problem right away. How about recognition, trouble shooting, and then an execution. The american way recognition---->take a pill. I don't know ab anyone else but it sounds like denial!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Louise
Posted 4/15/2008 8:32 PM (#4373 - in reply to #4371)
Subject: RE: Realization

UMS Student

Hi Dottie - yes I agree, what is it within us that makes us want to be somewhere other than here if what we experience is perceived as negative? If we spoke hoestly and a friend would say "I feel great today"- I might say "good, tell me about it". The next day, she might say "I'm feeling really low today", and I might say "good, tell me about it". Its good to be in connection with yourself, to explore and discover, and when we don't feel like exploring, just be, and allow. I'm getting better at it, and when I think I'm not, then I remember I'm human and it's ok to be in that place..

I hope you had a 'good') evening, thinking of you..x
sunflower
Posted 4/16/2008 1:55 AM (#4376 - in reply to #4371)

Elite Veteran

hi,i think you hit the right spot,and listened to your intuition,so many people get stressed,and face loads of problems,traumas,etc,as they cannot cope,the fight or flight factor takes over,and to emotionaly hide from the problem that distresses us,we tend to go for the quick fix,from alchol,drugs,food,as they provide an instant ,but short fix,much better to live in the moment,which life is all about,and find natural fixes if you like,i.e bach flower remedies,natural oils,meditation,and so on,we all need to face up,and acknowledge our problem,as it is there for a reason,it is then we are learning,so how we act at that time,helps,or hinders our progress,pills,alchohol,etc,hide it for a short time,when worn off,the problem is still there,so we take more artificial comforters,then addiction is a danger,even with the simple headache pill,we get addicted,nature in all its glory,provides us with natural relaxents,i.e.lavender,relaxing,and so on,even the colors in nature,provide healing,so,its a case of living in the moment,as that is all we have,and learning how to cope with it,by stopping,and listening to our true healer,our inner self,our intuition,luv,and hugs,ps,there is something in hugging a tree,healing,also huging each other,not enough of it around.
schenn
Posted 4/16/2008 3:00 AM (#4380 - in reply to #4371)

I understand, I too am working on moving away from the quick-fix solution to troubles to the more thorough, healthy, spiritual approach. I didn't look at it as though I was preprogrammed for it. Its an excellent point. I'm going to change my ... math... if you will... and get more proper code in there :-)
Supernatural3
Posted 4/17/2008 8:20 AM (#4415 - in reply to #4371)

PhD Alumni

I am finding that even with the "quick fix" it's not so quick. It doesn't always work either... Many people "think" it does, and it helps them get by, but it's temporary and they end up having to face the issue anyway. However, I know there are times when there is no way i couldn't have gotten by without modern medicine, and times where I think modern medicine has delayed the healing.

Its different for each case, and it's different for each person. All pending on what the problem is....

NothingEverything
Posted 4/19/2008 10:15 PM (#4479 - in reply to #4371)

UMS Student

I heard someone once say,
"There is no good or bad, only thinking makes it so."
Supernatural3
Posted 4/19/2008 11:10 PM (#4483 - in reply to #4371)

PhD Alumni

TRUE, so true. What a great statement.

I think, there for I am. What you think continues on..... So think bliss....
schenn
Posted 4/20/2008 12:02 AM (#4488 - in reply to #4371)

exactly. Good and evil are relative to the person judging the content.
Supernatural3
Posted 4/20/2008 12:20 AM (#4493 - in reply to #4371)

PhD Alumni

Exactly indeed.... i remember a course in UMS that stated how back in the day, good was one team and evil was another. Both were equal and not considered better than another. I understand this concept.....

I think we underestimate evil and try to be good all the time, which is impossible. Good cannot always win, one MUST have the other, or no game would exist.

Game = life
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/23/2008 7:53 AM (#4570 - in reply to #4479)

PhD Alumni

"There is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so" is, I hazily recall, from Shakespeare's Hamlet. Serendiptious coincidence dipping into this post today, as it is old Will's birthday. Also funny as I sent a letter to Time magazine on Monday, in response to an article there last week as to how the Bard's work was relevant today in terms of the diversity issues, but also power issues, medicine and healing, and many others that can be found in the plays. I used Hamlet for one of my ums pieces of course work, and King Lear for another, and going back into him after distant years of school work, opened my mind to the complexity and transferability of his thinking ... if I had my dictionary of quotes with me I'd offer a few; but Hamlet especially ranges across so many metaphysical themes that it's as if Shakespeare was a time traveller [student of ums!]... there is some suggestion that he had contact with the Perennial Religion of the mystery schools, Masters (and Mistresses!) of Wisdom, etc; such that an ambition of mine is to view all his plays consecutively to see if my consciousness changes .... could go on forever about that, so better stop now.
Exit, pursued by a bear [Twelfth Night, I think!]
Paul
Tracy Martin
Posted 4/23/2008 1:05 PM (#4575 - in reply to #4371)

Alumni

This realization also applies to our emotional and mental discomfort. When we learn to sit with it, listen, find the need, give ourselves acceptance and compassion,  our emotional weather will change.
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/23/2008 1:24 PM (#4577 - in reply to #4575)

PhD Alumni

Aah now Tracy, another Shakespearian quote is evoked by your post, reference our 'emotional weather' from the sonnets (written, interestingly, to 'The Dark Lady" , physical identity never determined- see another post of mine ! )-
"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate;
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May
And summer's lease hath all too short a date
[...doing this from memory and the next lines have blanked out, into the last ones, which go:]
But thy eternal summer shall not fade
So long as eyes can see or men can read
so long lives this, and this gives life to thee"

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software