University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The one thing that has set you free..
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Louise
Posted 4/12/2008 5:42 PM (#4323)
Subject: The one thing that has set you free..

UMS Student

Hello - I've been thinking lately about how there seems to be a lot of talk (in my world, not particularly on this forum) about changing ourselves, changing our lives, finding purpose, becoming 'free', being happy, finding love..wanting to be somewhere else, other than where we are, or what we have now. I know we can talk, philosophize, theorize, suggest all sorts of things related to this. I know there is a time to reflect, to be still, to be be in the now - to be, not to do. Yet - there is also a time for action.

I wondered whether you could tell me one thing that you consider or feel has made a difference in creating change, in bringing yourself closer to inner harmony and in alignment. What exercise did you do? What difference has it made? How did it help? For example, one thing that I will never forget is the transforming personality meditation I did as part of the UMS course - I experienced a profound shift from being separated, to becoming whole by reflecting on all parts of my myself, and rebalancing, and reassigning my subpersonalities with a new mission that would create joy in my life, not pain. If there was one thing I could choose to give as a gift, it would be this.

What actions, exercises, tools have helped you to manifest change?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 4/12/2008 9:45 PM (#4324 - in reply to #4323)
Subject: RE: The one thing that has set you free..

PhD Alumni

I went through all that about 9 years ago. I was so unhappy that I could have easily left this realm. I had to change everything about my life. I did just that. I started listening to my gut. I decided that I was better than what I was allowing in my life. I made my children number one. I left my husband, who was abusing me. I changed jobs, went to school, and just changed everything i could. It was a very scary ordeal, but I am right where i want to be now.

I AM where i want to be.... sure I want more school.... cause i love it. But I have a great life now. One that I cherish... especially after the last few days. (read my last post).

I suppose the minor things just don't bother me anymore. My children matter, my family matters and my spiritual belief matters. The rest..... it's just fiction.

Thought is REAL, Physical is Illusion. The best thing I could have learned, which is in the movie "What Dreams May Come". What a beautiful movie...... Yet, is it fiction? i think the writers sunk in their own belief system.....

My belief system has indeed set me free. UMS has helped.....
I pour my heart out to all....
Love your own, enjoy your surroundings, create wisely.
mruppert
Posted 4/13/2008 12:29 AM (#4325 - in reply to #4323)

Hi KiwiLou, Docster et al...
     A profound change in my life that caused me great discomfort, but ultimately extreme comfort is that I gave up a quest for material things.
     I don't have a Beamer or an Escalade, I have Scarlett (she is a 2000 Chevy Lumina that I bought from CarMax for 7k bucks). And, I feel no need to pimp her.
     I don't want a 800K house, because it generally sits a mere ten feet away from another 800k house.
     I don't buy stuff that advertises the fact that I prefer Nike, NorthPoint, Adidas,or any other over priced garment or other apparel, because I don't need to show off the fact that I can afford the overpriced price.
      I do spend more money than others on certain things...but these are things that I like, not things that I am told that I like.
      Seeing the inherent self interest of advertising, and eschewing material wants of little comparative value will certainly change your perspective.

Yours,
Marty and Cats (who don't eat ScienceDiet, or Iams, or any other designer food; and who almost always outlive any cats that do).
Tracy
Posted 4/14/2008 6:41 PM (#4352 - in reply to #4323)

Student

If I were free .....(and free from what? the illusion of my limited perspective that causes me to suffer?) there is not one thing..except perhaps the ability to hear and act on my own inner wisdom/intuition/divine will/love. This has been an ongoing process, which has become more conscious over the past few years. I recognize the leading and guidance it has given me throughout this entire lifetime, but being able to connect consciously is a joyful blessing! The abilty to connect with this inner voice has been set in motion by a variety of 'things' and among them is meditation, affirmation, gratitude, a willingness to shift and change, support from those who I have attracted into my life, study, self-love...etc.
Kashia
Posted 4/15/2008 3:42 AM (#4354 - in reply to #4323)

What actions, exercises, tools have helped you to manifest change?

Great question, thank you. will be good to hear what others experience
Just in a brief list format

Internal cleansing program
Raw food fasts and juicing
In a guided form or class, conscious breathing
yoga meditation
Reading and contemplating. Listening to spiritual guides in audio format for centering and reminding myself
Spending time in nature everyday, walking meditations.
Creating signs and placing in view reminders or questions., mostly questions like mantra's (example) " Am I still breathing"
Astrology
Consulting Goddess guidance cards and tarot cards.
Connecting to others
And being open. learning.
As for what changes I seek to manifest, only one. enlightenment.
actions would arise from that state, may be the greatest form of peace work, to help change frequency of human
condition just by changing our own. then who knows what we might do?? :-)

you also ask ''the one thing that has set you free"
there is only one thing that can set us free and that is simply the present. learning to remain there is , for me, a process

Edited by Kashia 4/15/2008 4:04 AM
MollyB
Posted 4/15/2008 9:57 AM (#4356 - in reply to #4323)

Student

Hello Louise,

There are many tools I have found helpful, but I have to say the one action that brought on the greatest transformation for me was painting. It was a vehicle for releasing as well as an accurate reflection of what I really needed to see from within myself. I anchored myself in music while I was in the creative mode and just allowed my Soul to take the lead. In less than 2 years I did 25+ paintings, never having painted before that time. Afterward, I emerged more myself than I had ever been in this life.

Ironically, I haven't been able to paint since late 2005 and I have possession of none of what I created in that time. I walked in another world then, and it changed me forever.

Molly
Louise
Posted 4/15/2008 5:02 PM (#4360 - in reply to #4324)

UMS Student

Thanks DocJ - your comments remind me of a line in one of the City Slickers movies, where a lone cowboy (sorry if anyone knows this film well and my interpretation is dire )) was asked why he didn't pursue the love of his life and was happy to be alone - he said something to the effect "when I discovered the one thing that truly mattered, all else didn't, all else could be let go of". When he was asked "what is this one thing". he replied "that's for you to find out". I thought that was brilliant!
Thanks for reminding me!
x
Louise
Posted 4/15/2008 5:24 PM (#4362 - in reply to #4323)

UMS Student

Thanks to everyone - your posts are so enjoyable to read. Thank you for sharing!
Marty (and cats) talks of the profound place of discomfort - when I refer to that place as 'the dark night of the soul' something deep stirs and resonates with me - a primordial depth, a place where I sat in the dark long enough until I was ready to move on. I find this 'place' truly fascinating. Thanks for the KiwiLou Marty, I love it. From the UK, now in kiwi-land - funny, I always introduce myself as Louise, but I'm Lou..thankyou.

It's so interesting to read that there seems to be a similar truth about where the real power in 'freedom' lies (the eternal, the absolute, what is, fall of the ego), yet we are also celebrating our human-ness and doing/creating/expressing things that bring us joy on an individual human level - which is so unique. What amazing contrast lies within us! They say opposites attract, do you think this eternal consciousness exists only because we have the ability to be conscious of this consciousness??? Even in this place of stillness, we are still human, experiencing this stillness...?

Edited by Louise 4/15/2008 5:34 PM
Louise
Posted 4/15/2008 5:28 PM (#4363 - in reply to #4356)

UMS Student

That's an amazing journey Molly, I would have loved to have seen those paintings - a true reflection on your soul. If you ever feel like painting again and feel like sharing, I'll be first in the queue! x
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/1/2008 9:32 AM (#9876 - in reply to #4360)

PhD Alumni

The line you quote Louise reminds me of the last line of "The Wind and the Lion", where Sean Connery as an Arab Sheikh, having lost everything is asked by his brother, as they are watching the sun set, "we have lost everything .... everything is drifting on the wind", Connery's character replies,

"Have you never had anything in your life worth losing everything for?"

.. and the film closes on their laughter ...

..... not sure if I have yet found the one thing that has set me free, in absolute terms anyway (thinking here too of Tracy's response)

Edited by Paul Joseph 9/1/2008 9:38 AM
Rose
Posted 9/1/2008 10:15 AM (#9880 - in reply to #4323)

Student

GOD...he has made all the difference.
Supernatural3
Posted 9/1/2008 12:07 PM (#9881 - in reply to #4323)

PhD Alumni

Another thing that has feels different now to me is: my three kids are now 18 (in 5 days). For some reason, I feel free now. I feel like my mom job is finally complete, while I am sure I still have plenty to go (grandma stage), however, since I still have step kids that are younger, so I still have mom job. LOL  It's still a relief to me that my kids all made it to that point happy. I am now totally released from the forced interaction with my ex too. While tension is no longer there, it's nice to know that the pressure is off me.  I know I still have plenty of years left to be there for my kids yet. But the milestone marker for me is a good one.

Other than that, I am now contemplating moving. Since I cannot lose custody of my children now for doing so. I want to go to the Ocean, in warmer climate. I have been in one city all of my life, in Ohio.... time for change, geographically. I feel free over that too. Even If I don't go, the thought that I now CAN, is refreshing.

Paul Joseph
Posted 9/1/2008 2:34 PM (#9893 - in reply to #9881)

PhD Alumni

Love everyone's replies. Thanx & blessings on All

But DocJ, (and please remember, I know I know nothing):

Before you move to the seaside, check out the rising sea levels. I would love to live near the sea.

But as dear old Edgar Cayce's trends have proven so right so far ... be mindful that being too close to the sea could mean you might finish up under water !

Though life is short and we must take our chances and follow our bliss .. this mountain could become a desert; who knows ..
Supernatural3
Posted 9/1/2008 4:04 PM (#9898 - in reply to #4323)

PhD Alumni

Ahhh, I understand exactly what you mean. I wouldn't go to low lands near the ocean, but maybe on top of cliff, near the ocean. Something we could hike down to see, but I would like to smell the air, feel the breeze. Something I have never been able to LIVE! Maybe I desire change once again. Or adventure... it's just the pull inside of me that say's it's time. LOL

Research will be done.... Meditations and asking the spirit guides about it would be a plus too.

It just feels good to know, we can go anywhere really.

Paul Joseph
Posted 9/1/2008 4:56 PM (#9899 - in reply to #9898)

PhD Alumni

Dear DocJ

Thanx again ... in the Uk we have cliff tops that have fallen into the sea; we are into managed retreat, though housebuilders out for a 'fast buck' don;t appreciate that.

Your post reminds me of the poem by John Masefield (knowing too, poetry is not 'your thing' ) - 'I must go down to the sea again' - Sea Fever. I suffer it too.

I think geography & spirit are paradoxical, somewhat. We can be wherever we want to be; and yet, we also ARE where we want to be. Or could be. The inner journey and the outer one become One. Inner vision. But I am still working on all of that one. All-One ..

Oh yes, and, Jill, congratulations on your impending completion(s) x

Blessings
Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 9/1/2008 5:01 PM
Tracy Martin
Posted 9/1/2008 6:41 PM (#9903 - in reply to #4323)

Alumni

Parts of Arcata are in the Tsunami zone. There are signs up and down the coast warning that you are in a hazardous tsunami zone! Then you get to about 7th Street and see a sign saying you are leaving the tsunami zone! Also, you can go into certain stores in Eureka and see warnings about earthquake hazards for those buildings. 
Christine Breese
Posted 9/1/2008 7:42 PM (#9906 - in reply to #4323)

UMS

As per the original question, what has set you free? My answer is that finally I stopped thinking so much and just became attentive in every moment, that was what set me free!
Supernatural3
Posted 9/1/2008 7:55 PM (#9907 - in reply to #4323)

PhD Alumni

Yes, Christine, I know what you are talking about. I have been very attentive in each moment lately. An overwhelming feeling of appreciation about each moment we do get.

Welcome back Christine, Good to feel your presence. You are loved by many who have never met you, including myself. What an inspiration for us all.

Healing HUGS to you!

searching
Posted 9/1/2008 8:00 PM (#9908 - in reply to #4323)

Regular

it is almost imposable for me to stop thinking. i can only do it in spurts. any suggestions
Supernatural3
Posted 9/2/2008 1:01 AM (#9911 - in reply to #9908)

PhD Alumni

I don't think you want to stop thinking, but maybe try to let the mind calm? Is that what you are talking about? The true mind never stops processing, until our physical bodies give out, so we need it to process. However, one also needs to be able to clear the mind, or just let go of worry, which causes stress. It's just that worry sometimes can save a life, or give a psychic warning of a problem. So you don't want to never hear the warnings either.

I think my own problem used to be "dwelling". I would think about everything, and sit and wonder how I could have done it differently, or could still fix what I did.... yada yada yada, it's endless.

I think what Christine has explained was that she was able to clear the mind well enough to focus only on the moment of now. Feel it, love it, know it. Give blessings and gratitude to it. I have personally been doing a lot of that myself lately, too. Perhaps it was caused because of the recent trauma's in my life, or past trauma, combined with metaphysical studies.... who knows for sure, but I sure feel blessed on a daily basis and want to keep it that way.

I believe another thread on clearing the mind called "clicking" that made a lot of sense to me, if you want to check out that thread.

When I give readings to clients, i have them visualize or imagine going into a waiting room that is built like a bright white glistening diamond filled round room , and the only thing in it is healing warm energy that resonates all that is good. It's healing and will refresh their mental state to be crystal clear. Then I tell them to ask the first question that pops into their mind. Cards work very well with this method. I prefer that their thoughts are clear in this process. Works like a charm.

Blessings~

Rose
Posted 9/2/2008 1:08 AM (#9912 - in reply to #9881)

Student

Doc, you're blessed to have so many children around you.
Rose
Posted 9/2/2008 1:11 AM (#9914 - in reply to #9908)

Student

searching, I use meditation to stop thinking. And I focus on God...see God as a light and just pour every fiber of your being into that light.

It works for me.
Supernatural3
Posted 9/2/2008 1:16 AM (#9916 - in reply to #4323)

PhD Alumni

Thank you Rose.

Yeah, I do have great kids. I lucked out... key ingredient... LOVE!

You give great advise too!

Blessings~
Louise
Posted 9/2/2008 3:39 AM (#9920 - in reply to #4323)

UMS Student

interesting how I come to answer my own question...the ONE THING in my experience of the physical world has been the pain of coming to terms with not having children (as per my latest posts). This experience, as painful as it was set me free because I finally became so sick of my own ego, in wanting to control, in wanting to know why, in demanding answers from God because I considered myself a spiritual being - and fom the ego perspective of being spiritual, it must mean we have a direct calling line to the answers..and when they don't come, we experience a fall...and in that fall, I became free.
Love to you all, Louise
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/2/2008 4:05 AM (#9922 - in reply to #9920)

PhD Alumni

Hellooo and nice to see you back Louise !
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software