University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The one thing that has set you free..
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Paul Joseph
Posted 9/2/2008 6:40 AM (#9925 - in reply to #9906)
Subject: RE: The one thing that has set you free..

PhD Alumni

Christine's post reminded me of the British psychoanalyst W R Bion, who said we should approach each psychotherapy session 'without memory or desire'; so that we become free to be with and respond to each patient fully and wholly attentively.

Wondering on now, prompted by Rose ... if true mysticism is to attain union with God, absorption into the Divine Spirit, is that a paradoxical freedom, ... 'whom to serve is perfect freedom' ?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
searching
Posted 9/2/2008 5:01 PM (#9930 - in reply to #9911)

Regular

yes just calm. i start to meditate and i keep thinking about work the next day or what im going to fix for supper. that type of thing. i have allways been a thinker and i enjoy being one. but now have trouble slowing it down.
Tracy Martin
Posted 9/2/2008 6:34 PM (#9933 - in reply to #4323)

Alumni

Jerry, try this http://umsonline.org/FreeMdtnDownloads.htm Deepening The Silence Meditation

The 'trick' to meditating and coming to a still mind is not to struggle and strain against yourself.
Allow the thoughts to appear, be aware of your thoughts, and let them pass by. Reassure your ego self that you will get back to those important appointments in a few minutes. When a train of thought appears, get off the train and let it pass. Don't punish yourself in any way for having thoughts and imaginations when they come up. It is a matter of not being 'attached' to the story. Continually return your attention to the meditation or mantra.

Practice, practice, practice. There are meditators who have been at it for decades who must acknowledge that thoughts and imagery still appear, they are just not attached to pursuing those thoughts while in meditation.

Finding within meditation that state of primal silence and stillness will assist you in other meditations/visualizations by giving space for the intuitional imagination to speak. But, for stillness and silence meditations, aim for peace. There is an experience of expansive and clear awareness available for you.

Paul Joseph
Posted 9/3/2008 4:14 AM (#9948 - in reply to #9933)

PhD Alumni

The UMS meditations really helped me, and are one of the things that set the course apart - elevate it ! Also noticed yesterday quite a few more You Tube vids including a ten minute interview with Christine. Really interesting. She (You!) is (are!) amazing. Thank you.

Namaste
mikesw7202
Posted 9/5/2008 6:50 PM (#9995 - in reply to #9925)

PhD Alumni

Hey Paul-As a psychotherapist, i would agree with Bion's quote. The times I have felt that I have been most effective in my clinicial work have been times when I've been aware of my strategies, tools, and plans, but also let go of all of that and did my best to listen as closely as I could to the client. In that space, I could respond with my heart, soul, spirit, and mind

IMO I don't feel there's a huge division between what is clinical and what is metaphysical. Metaphysics are an extension of the clinicial.

Extending light and peace-
Mike
mruppert
Posted 9/5/2008 8:22 PM (#9997 - in reply to #9880)

Rosemary Thyme:  "GOD...he has made all the difference."

Well, I am a very religious person, and in name only choose to call myself a Roman Catholic, but the hierachical RC church has only tertiary meanings for me. However, I cannot discount or deny that a voice told me to go out and save my "Burning Nellie" at the height of a Roman Catholic Mass...when the host is consecrated, when the bread is transmogrified, our most fundamental belief.......a voice told me to go and save my car! Had I not, there would have been a major fire, that would have cost not only mine, but many other vehicles.

I believe this to be a miracle.....I choose to think that it was the voice of "god".....and I choose to think that god understands that although I am many times in defiance of the Roman Catholic Church, I am a true catholic....as were those who gathered in sanctuaries in ancient times....in other words, those that came together for enlightenment....as catholic means universal!

Some might say that this kind of belief is enslaving.....that proclaiming a fundamental faith in the essence of RC'ism is a chain and bondage. BUT, here I am....and here I find great wisdom and insight....insight into why I am who I am!

Peace and Love,

Marty and AnaBaptist Lucky, Quacker Poppyhead, and Lumerian SissyGirl

Paul Joseph
Posted 9/6/2008 5:15 AM (#10009 - in reply to #9995)

PhD Alumni

I agree with you Mike, hence why,as a psychotherapist, I've done these UMS courses. I think too that in that still silence, God - the universal, higher, deeper energy - and the angels feel themselves to be permitted to enter and lend their contribution to the healing x
Namaste
Nefertiti
Posted 9/7/2008 11:59 PM (#10068 - in reply to #4323)

I just made up my mind to be free.

Thought is real -
Physical is illusion!

I want to think myself skinny now.
mruppert
Posted 9/8/2008 2:06 AM (#10070 - in reply to #10068)

EgyptianEye:

You were and are always free....you just didn't and don't see it!

You say that you " want to think yourself skinny now" and I am not certain that I know what that means to you.

I want to be back the way I was before I was severely injured, energetically injured, stupidly playing with things that I didn't and others didn't understand. I was a healthy man, and then....I am looking at surgery for my heart.....we did the thing from the movie....KB2.

When the doctor and the nurses started to have a big argument over whether they were gonna do what they were gonna do....and the omens that surrounded the whole scheduling.......the delays, the retesting, the dual testing, the morning paper that said as a headline "Don't Go There" the dropping of my mirror.....it didn't break...but it was close......I destuck the IV and said, Folks, you can stop your argument, because I am outta here! I had made provision for my kittykats, because I thought I might be an overnight........and I had a bold plan in case something went radically wrong, which could have happened.....all vibes were far worse than any pain I was experiencing.

So, I JUST MADE UP MY MIND TO BE FREE!, NeferTT.....and away I went to my apartment and my kitties, whom I love a whole bunch, and...in return...love me as much as they can. They knew something was wrong all along, they were acting very strange....constantly hovering around me and rubbing me and purring...their form of healing. I am here with them now, and there is no place in the world that I would rather be! I don't think I am going to do as much traveling as I thought when I retire....heck, I don't know if I will now make it to retirement. But, I can work and come home and play with my girlies, so I am happy and free!

You can be free, too, in any way you want.....

Peace and Insight,

Marty, Luckylee, Poppyhead, and the Sissygirl

Paul Joseph
Posted 9/9/2008 9:53 AM (#10092 - in reply to #10068)

PhD Alumni

There is a limerick, attributed I think, to Anon., which goes:

There was a faith healer of Deal
Who said, "Although pain isn't real,
When I sit on a pin
And it punctures my skin
I dislike what I fancy I feel " !!
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/9/2008 1:55 PM (#10093 - in reply to #10092)

PhD Alumni

There has been a song buzzing in my head since I read this thread title, and today found it on You Tube - sorry 'bout the video - but great song ... though

Silence

is always close to the Infinite Vibration, also xx, if we can permit ourselves to hear: here

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-hH5E271OF8

Rose
Posted 9/11/2008 10:06 PM (#10179 - in reply to #10009)

Student

that's a beautiful thought Paul....

Something fulfilling getting close to God, having a Father and a Mother Earth tends to exude the feeling of a warm embrace coming at you from all sides. Always to remember that there is a higher and happier place that is free for us all to exist in. Peace, steadiness, calmness...serenity...
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/12/2008 3:58 AM (#10180 - in reply to #10179)

PhD Alumni

Right on, Rose x
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/12/2008 1:11 PM (#10190 - in reply to #10180)

PhD Alumni

Postscript .... not having been able to enter my wild spring to swim for a month cos of a stupid kitchen accident makes me realize how much wild cold water swimming set me free ... aiming for early next week ... couldn't risk infection ... or Weil's Disease .. !
NothingEverything
Posted 9/15/2008 11:16 AM (#10214 - in reply to #4323)

UMS Student

Disolving of the illusion of "not-free" has set me free.
Only Will remains, not mine, but universal.
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/15/2008 11:18 AM (#10215 - in reply to #10214)

PhD Alumni

Nice to hear from you NE.

dissolving illusions is always good
NothingEverything
Posted 9/15/2008 11:22 AM (#10216 - in reply to #4323)

UMS Student

Hey Paul.
I was waiting till the water was the right temperature.
Now I'm back in the Wild Spring.
How was your swim?
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/15/2008 12:09 PM (#10219 - in reply to #10216)

PhD Alumni

Ha !

Well remembered old friend .... we went to the coast over the weekend and I went into the sea, thinking the salt water would be better than spring water, as there were no rats for Weil's disease etc ... but the scab still clung on, and there was still a bit of red seepage under the flayed white raw flesh !!! So much for the Flayed God .... the baking tray must have taken out a chunk ... so I had the first swim for 4 and a half weeks in the cold autumn sunlight, which was wonderful, but i fear, no Pond water for a few days yet ... and to add insult to injury our London Times newspaper carried an article on Saturday of a visit by Michael Phelps to our Hampstead/Highgate Pond !!!

Dissolving neither scabs nor illusions !

Thanks for asking x

Edited by Paul Joseph 9/15/2008 12:10 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software