University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

VICES
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

sunflower
Posted 4/30/2008 4:12 AM (#4885 - in reply to #4738)
Subject: RE: VICES

Elite Veteran

hi pj,you make me smile when i attempt to read your posts sometimes,like,wot u takin bout then.my ignorance of the big words i suppose,i must become more learnred,ha!,i think you are right on a medical level,physocis can be the result of drug abuse,personaly,with my experience of the medical pros,i haven,y much faith,there are some who get it right,but another subjrct,anyway,i think the risk,on a spiriual level,is when we take drugs,drink,etc to exess,we become in an altered state,we do see things that are inspiring,but,i think it also opens a door for darkness,and we may be being guided,or misled,by a a not so spiritual soul,as we are not grounded at that time,and pass through many layers,but may get trapped,just as a spirit guide,who purportes to be true,who we are calling upon,just mimmicks the true spirit,and opens a portal,not good,this is just my thoughts,my eldest son dabbled in his teens,i used to wait up for him at night,whwn he said he was just going out with pals,wen he didn,t come home at the time i asked,give or take half hour here or there,he expected me to b in bed,but this time i caught him,he was off his head,i thought he was drunk,but after gentle persuasion,he broke down and admitted he,d been taking drugs,saying about the things he,d seen etc,somw were enlightening,some were bad,everyone has free will,to experiment etc,caution is needed i think,at all times,in my sons case,a deeper understanding as to why he was unhappy,a cudle and love,communication,goes a long way,love goes further.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/30/2008 4:21 AM (#4887 - in reply to #4885)

PhD Alumni

Hi Sunflower, big words are my problem, not yours; I am trying to cure myself, and be clearer, hence some self-imposed limits on my lengths of posts.

I agree with what you say and after sending my earlier post, in fact thought I should have mentioned that too as a caution - ie, opening up our spirits up to unwelcome spiritual visitors that in conscious meditation we can easily invoke protection from.

I also didn;t mention alcohol as a psychotropic substance !
Louise
Posted 4/30/2008 6:55 AM (#4889 - in reply to #4317)

UMS Student

This is an interesting subject - I know very little from an academia perspective - however, I have a view that substances such as alcohol, drugs, herbs - anything that lets the guard down, let things go, release the worry, let the ego 'go' have had a place in metaphysical history. The most sensitive people I know of, the people with the most potential on this earth plane could not deal with the realities of the human condition and have found a way to escape - if only we were skilled enough to help these people find a way out from their unconsciousness - I wish I could find the key...
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/30/2008 8:12 AM (#4891 - in reply to #4889)

PhD Alumni

Louise I really agree; that is also why I mentioned in earlier posts why powerful substances are best used under the guidance of cultural mentorship/guidance.
MollyB
Posted 5/3/2008 12:48 PM (#4963 - in reply to #4799)

Student

ongoingbattle - 2008-04-28 8:28 AM

Moll,
I never really considered any of the substances i used to be part of my way of life either. Their were just something i consciously did along the way. And yes, they are definately only for a small percentage of people. Not everyone will be able to take the positives that i was able to from such experiences.

Hi ongoingbattle,

I meant to reply to this earlier in the week, sorry for the delay. I'd love to hear about the positive experiences and wisdom you have received, if you care to share.

Hope all is well!

Molly
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software