University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calculate Your Life Purpose
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Louise
Posted 4/6/2008 7:53 PM (#4270)
Subject: Calculate Your Life Purpose

UMS Student

Dear Friends,

For my Bachelor's Creative Project (not yet submitted) I have created a blog of self-discovery. I wanted to share in a non-commercial way, who I am, and what my soul longs to express. My journey with UMS has encouraged me to strip away the layers of myself that wanted to 'fit in' - when I was contemplating what I could offer to the world, I spent a long time thinking about what other people offered, and how I compared. Whatever answer I came up with, it never felt like the truth. So, rather than trying to squeeze myself into some prepackaged box, I slowly started to create my own. The result, and the ongoing expression is http://thelantern-bearer.com

One thing that fascinates me; drives me, is numerology. I have created a page with some simple calculations to help you to discover purpose in your life. If you feel drawn, please visit and let me know your experiences: http://thelantern-bearer.com/2008/04/06/calculate-your-life-purpose...

Much Love,

Louise
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 4/6/2008 9:09 PM (#4273 - in reply to #4270)
Subject: RE: Calculate Your Life Purpose

PhD Alumni

Here are some coincidences that i thought were pretty wild.

My name equaled to a 2, as well did my birthday.
My husbands equaled an 8, as well did his birthday.

Both of us are doubles.
Together we create a 10 which equals 1.

We feel we are 1.... (soul mates)

I already knew this stuff, but I enjoyed doing it again.
Thank you so much~
Louise
Posted 4/8/2008 3:50 PM (#4285 - in reply to #4270)

UMS Student

Hi Doc J - thank you so much for visiting! It is great that you have got the insight you have about your relationship - I love how you feel your wholeness in partnership is reflected in the numbers. Your sensitive and intuitive nature is undoubtedly a great combination with the power of the 8 - what a great team..My Life Path is 9 - service to others, wisdom & integrity (a life based on faith) - My husband is a 7 - finding truth and trust (a life based on finding answers) - in someways we are so different because I find my truth within, not needing rational explanation whereas my husband loves to find factual and rational evidence. It has made for great debates! We work well because I no longer have the need for him to agree with me! )

Louise
x
MollyB
Posted 4/8/2008 6:12 PM (#4290 - in reply to #4270)

Student

Hello Louise!

Just thought I'd pass along....my name and birthdate both total 9. Interestingly enough....so do my driver's license and social security numbers! In everything I've read, including what you have put forth in your blog, it fits me to a T.

Another interesting note, I got a reading today from an extremely talented Psychic friend of mine. He said my middle name (he doesn't know it) held much power and magick for many different reasons. I calculated my middle name by itself and it equals 11! I love confirmations like that! =)

Thanks for posting this!

Molly
Louise
Posted 4/8/2008 7:22 PM (#4292 - in reply to #4270)

UMS Student

That's amazing Molly, as you've probably read, the 11 is the gateway to higher consciousness so it truly is a powerful number!
xx
Supernatural3
Posted 4/14/2008 10:38 AM (#4347 - in reply to #4270)

PhD Alumni

I didn't even catch that my 2, was an 11 before breaking it down one last time.

Ever just go so fast, that you miss something like that?

i didn't even notice..... hmmmmm.
Louise
Posted 4/15/2008 4:56 PM (#4359 - in reply to #4270)

UMS Student

I thought it might have been an 11/2 for you DocJ. I got a feel for it and also imagine that there are many master numbers among us - 11 (visionary/intuitives). 22s (builder of the new realm) and maybe 33's (master teacher). A 2 could also have been a 20/2. Thanks for clarifying that. Master numbers can crop up in all areas of your chart, not necessarily in the Life Path of Expression/Destiny. If you feel an affinity with a particular number as you read through the descriptions, it will be in your chart somewhere..also, as I run through the meanings of the numbers quite often people intuitively know what ISN'T their path or areas of soul experience they are still waiting for.
sunflower
Posted 4/15/2008 6:35 PM (#4365 - in reply to #4270)

Elite Veteran

hi,i think this a great subject,and one i,ve never thought of before,but have heard of.My number is 4,i moved house 4 yrs ago,did,nt know what number till i signed,it was number 4,my birthday is on the 22nd,can anyone please tell me the significance of this,and what 4 stand for,thanks,hugs allx
Louise
Posted 4/15/2008 7:08 PM (#4369 - in reply to #4270)

UMS Student

Hello sunflower,

If your Lifepath is a 4 (the total sum of your birthday), according to numerology you are here to experience the building of foundation, the shape of the 4, when resting the bottom along a line, is grounded - it is stable and reliable, process orientated. Through hard-work and perserverance, you will come to know what it means to 'build'. Some people who have a lot of 4's around them can be influenced by service orientated careers where security (stablitity) is important - for example, teachers, lawyers, police, military, social work - all building and maintaing foundations that are needed here on the earth plane. The 22/4 is a master number - the master builder - this means that you have potential to build something lasting and valuable to the human race, connecting both heaven and earth, aligning heart and mind. Your challenge is to be open to the variety and diversity of life, freedom and flexibility of thought that you can bring in partnership with the 4 - sometimes the 4 part of ourselves likes stability more than change! Please bear in mind this is only one part (for we are like a painting, a blend of many colours) and there is no right or wrong, the only truth is that which you find within yourself.

My question is: what are you building? I am building, laying a foundation of....

You can find further meaning behind the 4 in the Destiny and Lifepath section of:

http://thelantern-bearer.com/2008/04/06/calculate-your-life-purpose...

Louise
x
schenn
Posted 4/16/2008 3:12 AM (#4381 - in reply to #4270)

my given name is a 7, the name the universe gave me (Schenn) is a 9. My birthday is a 9 as well.

Both numbers describe me intensely heh. I feel as though I'm on earth to teach others what I've learned over many lifetimes about metaphysical things...

"In Balance 9 – depth, service orientated, compassionate, imaginative, creative, philosophical, charismatic
Out of Balance 9 – uncertain, timid, withdrawn, lonely, disappointed, dissatisfied"

I am so...so...so out of balance.. It's exactly the spiral I go through when things get too difficult and I end up spinning my wheels going nowhere. I've been out of balance for a few years now and have been searching for a way to mend the imbalance.

Edited by schenn 4/16/2008 3:13 AM
sunflower
Posted 4/16/2008 3:13 AM (#4382 - in reply to #4369)

Elite Veteran

hi louise,thanks for that,its really interesting,i went to your link,me being me,i got a little confused2 early in the morning i think. I have a passion for writing spiritual poetry,since a young age,which i do for a hobby,i give it to friends,and family,for birthdays,weddings etc,or especialy when they are feling realy down,i feel their pain,and want to heal it.I always wanted to be in nursing,but,my life took me in a different direction,as my mother wanted me to do a secratarial course,i had no choice at that time,i was young,and did what i was told,to follow in my sisters footsteps,but still today,i yearn to be in nursing,but am past the age for,in the past,my jobs have been varied,i worked as an auxilarery nurse,in many different places,for the young,and old,i care greatly for people,and hate to see them in any pain,physical,or emotional,am always on tap for friends,family,anyone,who have problems,pain,depressions.I have been through a lot myself,to date,but i am not complaining,as i have learnt many things,and lessons,which is the purpose of being on this earthplane.I have many beleifs,i.e.colour,for healing,crystals,natural oils for healing,relaxing etc,so much more,but most of all,i care deeply for those suffering,and would drop everthing for a person in need,who calls me,spirit is very close to my heart,always has been,i think life is hard,if you let it be,otherwise,its just one big jigsaw puzzle,with the pieces falling into place,when the time is right,the answer lies within,and the answer is always the simle one,not the long,complicated brain draining searching,ok,before u get bored,i just would like 2 thank you again,you are a kind,and true soul,luvand hugsx
Tracy Martin
Posted 4/16/2008 4:40 PM (#4388 - in reply to #4270)

Alumni

So if the numbers (letters) add up to 55 then the number would be 10 or 1? And an 11 is a 2? And on the birthdate if the total was 11 does the same rule of 11 and 22 apply?

My name was a 1. Birthday was a 2, and I ran into two double numbers 11 and 22.

I have had many residences with 22 in my life.

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/16/2008 5:35 PM (#4389 - in reply to #4270)

PhD Alumni

Hi Sunflower - I also noticed that you still seemed to be on line many hours after I had logged out, gone to sleep, then got up again and logged in (UK time) - the Spirit does invite us also to rest and not be too consumed by the divine fire (sorry if I am being presumptuous; ouch!).

Hello Tracy ! Nice to be in contact again.

Bright Blessings

Paul
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/16/2008 5:37 PM (#4390 - in reply to #4270)
Subject: RE: Calculate Your Life Purpose (ps - Louise)

PhD Alumni

... meant to add, great web-site .... really well done !
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/16/2008 5:43 PM (#4391 - in reply to #4270)
Subject: RE: Calculate Your Life Purpose (pps)

PhD Alumni

Oh dear, i keep posting then thinking of other things ... in response to Tracy, Louise - you can correct me - but is it not that if our numbers add to the higher numbers, these indicate our soul's potential, but equally, if the potential is not reached in the higher realm, then these might be indications for furhter work in this dimension; eg. 22, a wonderful number of attainment but if taken on the soul journey level as a 4 ( 2 + 2), it has other implications for our earthly task ? Is this then where numerology might have some common ground (no pun intendedn) with karma, past and future life choices ?
Tracy Martin
Posted 4/16/2008 7:44 PM (#4392 - in reply to #4270)

Alumni

Hi Paul! Glad to see you here too!

mruppert
Posted 4/16/2008 9:53 PM (#4395 - in reply to #4270)

Hi Folks:
     As a student of the history of Numerology, I have a book published in 1929 titled "Numerology Made Plain" by Ariel Yvon Taylor. Not a bad book atoll.....at all...I am picking up British affectations..., as the principles used are virtually the same as today.
    BUT, what is interesting, and I only discovered this after a chat with my research group of healers, spiritualists, soothesayers and other assorted nutters and idiots such as myself.....there was a little card in the book, and it reads as follows:
Dear Lucille-
At last your book!
Hope you'll soon be back in Chicago.
Will write before very long.
My Love,
Olive
ANOTHER thing I found was that, in the uppermost right hand corner of the inside of the back cover is the pencilled in word "Yes".
The book is fully titled "Numerology Made Plain The Science of Names and Numbers and The Law of Vibration, published by Laird & Lee, Inc. Chicago, Copyright 1929.
It is, by the way, a second edition of a previous printing.
NOW, as a historian, thinking with a historians brain, I really would like to know who is Lucille, who is Olive and why did someone feel compelled to secretively write "yes" in a place that few would see?!?!?!?
     Hey, it just what we historians think about and what we do.

Peace and Love,
Marty and Mystified Cats, Lucky, Poppy, and Sissy

Louise
Posted 4/17/2008 4:14 AM (#4405 - in reply to #4388)

UMS Student

Hi Tracy,

In numerology we always reduce to a single digit - however, we always look to the blend of numbers for further insight prior to the reduction - especially to reveal a master number..for example a person with a life path 7 that is a 34/7 has to contributing factors behind the 7 (the 3 & the 4) - so this tells us more about what constitutes the 7 - a bit like having 2 parents - looking to see the traits of the parents to gain further insight into the offspring.

So if the letters add to a 55, the number is 1 - independence, reclaiming of personal power, courage, leadership - yet we can also see that this 1 is from two fives - change, diversity, freedom of expression. An 11 as a master number as Paul eluded to is great potential - a doorway to the higher realms - yet without tapping into this potential (for we have free will), is a 2 - sensitive, diplomatic, humble, resilient - add the intuitive power to this and sensitive to that beyond the body, you are tapping into that potential. If I was reading a birthdate of an 11/2 I would cover both aspects - both are just as important. Same with the 22/4 - the potential for building a lasting foundation for the evolution of humanity, as a 4, is far more in the head - stability, process, foundation.

All numbers regardless of whether they are master numbers or not are a reflection of our potential. As you know, we all have the capacity for sliding up and down the scale of light and dark. We are really looking to find balance of all of our numbers (subpersonalities) so that we find inner harmony and connection with the universe around us. Numberology has an amazing capacity to show us some insights. As with all things of this nature, its a useful tool..

So with regards to your residences you could ask yourself what opportunity and potential for building a foundation was present.

Paul - nice to see you are from London - I'm from the UK, lived in Cambridge and often worked in London before moving to New Zealand..greetings from the 'other side'.

Sunflower - you are most very welcome x

Edited by Louise 4/17/2008 4:19 AM
Louise
Posted 4/17/2008 4:16 AM (#4406 - in reply to #4395)

UMS Student

very interesting Marty - if you discover more, please do tell!
Tracy Martin
Posted 4/17/2008 2:03 PM (#4425 - in reply to #4405)

Alumni

Thank you Louise. You said "we are really looking to find balance of all our numbers (subpersonalities)..."

AHA! Now you moved into something I could understand better by equating numbers with subpersonalities. Unfortunately 'numbers' and math have been difficult challenges for me throughout my life and so I was never much drawn into the study and significance of numbers, but here I see some interpretation that helps me understand a little more. Now, if one were aware of one's many fragmented aspects of personality, (subpersonalities), how exactly would numerology assist us to "find inner harmony and connection with the universe around?"

I am quite sensitive to other modalities of inner healing, but I would like to understand why others are passionate about numerology. I have been blessed to have met a very intuitive astrologer, Maru Dana, who is associated with the UMS website, and I have gained a new appreciation for her passion for astrology.  

I just signed up at Emerging Paths for you to work out my numbers, thanks in advance.

Louise
Posted 4/18/2008 8:53 PM (#4451 - in reply to #4425)

UMS Student

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for your question about finding balance - I see this as a universal mission for many of us - our true alignment being with heaven and earth, heart and mind, eternal and limitation, conscious and unconscious - my personal opinion of a 'spiritual journey'is actually coming to terms with what it means to be human. I 've met quite a few 'spiritual'people in my area, that in my perception, need some grounding into reality - way of balance, as if they are in rejection of their human-ness - opinion only of course - for we all spiritual and all human. Sorry, bit of track..

From a numberology perspective, if we come to know one aspect of our chart - let's say our Personality (how we are perceived, our shop front so to speak) is a 2 - sensitive diplomat - the personality is made from the addition of consonants in our name - all of which have their own vibration and traits which collectively make the whole of the 2 (and the 2 is actually part of greater whole as it partners with our hearts desire/inner motivation, and so on..like the universe, we can keep on going and going - all many parts of a whole)..

Quite often, I find 2's more under-expressed and are in need of reclaiming their personal power. The desire for peace and harmony for this particular 'fella' can overwhelm the side that longs to express itself in the world. Therefore the main trouble is when they do not share the gifts that they have been given - to support others through gentleness and diplomacy, sensitivity and grounding - something very much needed. So, big question? How do we bring the 2 into balance? Good question. I would say, coming to know the 2, its light and dark sides, acceptance and love of that side - very much as we would when working with subpersonalities. Question, how can this side of me serve my better, causing less pain and conflict, bring more joy and harmony into my life. I would recommend that 2's need to become in touch with their feelings (sometimes a very senstive nature can cause withdrawal in order to avoid pain - causing pain to themselves or others) and learn how to express them - when this is achieved the 2 can go onto to work with others to help them to be able to express themselves in an open and trusting way. 2's should come to know the difference between avoidance and tactfulness so that they can become a true peacemaker - this is how I would work with the 2 but I am certianly no expert on the subject of balance!

I suppose we are working on the 2 side of our nature when we are talking on this forum - to learn how to speak the truth from the heart, with the highest intention and respect for others, as well as giving people the opportunity to respond to your viewpoint. When we see something we don't like, do we avoid, or do we participate with the goal of attaining mutual growth and respect for who we are as individuals?

Peace!
Louise
sunflower
Posted 4/19/2008 12:57 PM (#4471 - in reply to #4389)

Elite Veteran

paul,paul,paul,you seem to think i am online 24 hrs a day,and am obsessed with spiritual things etc,and do not sleep.This may seem to be the case,as when i swith on,i answer all that is of interest to me,which i feel compelled to answer.There is a difference between obssession,and dedication,i am,and have always been involved in spirit,from a young age,i receive much from spirit,and have learnt a lot.I am disabled,and not able to venture out very often,when i do,i go to the forest,to replenish my energies.I do sleep,honest,if i am getting on your nerves,i will hang back,i am in the middle of writing my poetry collection,spiritual,of course,which i receive in the early hours,i use it to help family and friends in trouble,and pain,but as i find it mentaly draining,i turn to this forum,to rest my mind,ok,this is meant in kindness and love my friend,i understand what you are saying,and will hold back,i did not mean to offend,or take over,my enthuisiasm ,and thirst for knowledge is great,be well and happy my friend,may the light always be with you,
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/23/2008 1:40 PM (#4583 - in reply to #4471)

PhD Alumni

Dear Sunflower
I hope by now you have forgiven me my clumsy attempts to be caring as i was getting into working my way around the web-site ... glad you are still posting ...

Dear Louise
Nice to be in contact with the Antipodes .... I found on my shelf a very very old book, called Cheiro's Book of Numbers, no publication date, but was puboished when Stanley Baldwin was Prime Minister (goodness knows when that was !). Let me know if you wnat me to look anything up in it !

Blessings All
Paul
Louise
Posted 4/24/2008 6:08 AM (#4610 - in reply to #4270)

UMS Student

Thank you Paul - two very interesting pieces of information - I didn't know what Antipodes meant and it's my favourite local store...now I do! I'm going to check out how available that book is having had a quick research. Failing all attempts, may need a page by page account ..
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/24/2008 6:19 AM (#4612 - in reply to #4610)

PhD Alumni

Great, no problem ... this maybe on your web-site, which shows, sorry I haven't yet fully interrogated it - but just in case - if you are into numbers then perhaps you are into the wider aspect of sacred number ? Pythagoras,the Vedas, (and the Maya !) etc ... we live in a world underpinned by sacred numbers - eg, pyramids, etc ... and more recently John Mitchel (think that's right), Keith Critchelow, Graham Hancock, and a wonderful book called Earthstars that tries to demonstrate that London is constructed as a giant representation of the Zodiac, incorporatting ancient mounds, churches etc. Personally I've never been very numerate, but its an exciting area.
Namaste
Paul
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software