University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Letting go
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

kukla2555
Posted 4/4/2008 11:43 AM (#4238)
Subject: Letting go

Student

How do you let go of something you spent years holding onto?

I can manifest his friends and family almost instantly, but not him.. I am told I need to let go in order for love to come into my life... Is there any other way besides Hypnotherapy? Should I meditate on letting him go as i meditate on getting him back? I've spent years on trying to get him back.. is it going to take me years to let go?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 4/4/2008 2:21 PM (#4239 - in reply to #4238)
Subject: RE: Letting go

PhD Alumni

Meditate on putting him away.... like a gift you do not need, but want to keep. Meditate on putting him up in a closet.
Or, While I could help you using hypnotherapy or even just hypnosis. -You can try self hypnosis, at which UMS does have self hypnosis course. Matter of fact, they have two hypnosis courses, that focus on self hypnosis. But, I want you to create a CD or record this in your own voice below. Just read this into a mic and record. Then burn it to a disk or put it into an mp3 player or ipod and actually listen and just follow the words.
--------------------------

I want you to take some deep breaths and close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to concentrate on being relaxed. You will start to notice little twitches, this is normal, just go along with the flow. Lets focus on relaxing....Start at your feet..... heals..... ankles...... calves...... and up through your knees.... feel the relaxation. This wave of relaxation will continue up through your hips, your stomach and solar plexus. It will then move through the shoulders..... down both arms to your fingertips, and then up through your neck, around the back of your head, and this wave of relaxation will then flow down your facial muscles...... jaw muscles...... and your physical body will relax. I want you to count down from 5 to 0, each count down will drop you into a deeper state of relaxation, each time you go deeper it will benefit your wellbeing. and 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.... zero.... DEEPER!

I want you to imagine a stair case, well lit, and hand railing on both sides. As you walk down the stairs, you are going to get younger and younger with each step. Getting younger, keep going, and younger.... 20, 19, 18, (count down all the way to zero) and you are now in your mothers womb. but we are going to take you back even further. We are taking you back before conception..... Into a space in realm, that is soft, warm, beautiful and safe feeling.

I want you to now imagine floating out in this beautiful space. You left Earth realm and you are preparing to enter once again. You look down and see a gold cord. This is your cord, that attaches you to Earth realm and your mother. However, another cord is noticed and this cord is attached to HIM. Imagine it going directly to him, but he also has another cord that is thicker, so he isn't paying attention to your cord. I want you to then pull out scissors in your pocket and snip the cord to him. It will be the smaller cord, you can even give it a red or pink color. Once you snip the LOVE cord, only to this person, it will free you from him. This free feeling will then make you become overwhelmed with a feeling of well being.

Now I want you to take a tug on the gold cord and you will immediately be back to earth, as you are now, only happier and free to explore more options.

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 EMERGE into a new life that awaits you.

---------------------

Give it a try....
I am sure if you listen to your pre-recording of this script, it will help you very much. You can also do this several times.

kukla2555
Posted 4/6/2008 6:49 PM (#4269 - in reply to #4238)

Student

Thats beautiful. I tried imagining that while reading it. I will definately take your advice.

Thanks again
Supernatural3
Posted 4/6/2008 9:14 PM (#4275 - in reply to #4238)

PhD Alumni

You are welcome....

I know it will help you be free.

Blessings~
ongoingbattle
Posted 4/7/2008 11:15 AM (#4277 - in reply to #4238)

Doc J that was amazing, as usual. I feel that i have gone through a similar experience. The hardest part for me was definately untangling the snares around my heart. It's so difficult to find the core of that emotion, and to begin to tug and pull until it loosens and dissolves. For me, another big key was HOPE, along with a little knowledge and insight. Life does have more to offer. Others have more to offer. No matter the highest high you have obtained from this person, somebody somewhere can take you higher. Really believing this, and turning that belief to hope was the first step in my healing. This aided me in removing the snare from my heart, and eventually, moving forward with my life! I wish i had Doc J's advice once i found my hope, the emotions may have subsided more easily...
SouthernCrow
Posted 4/8/2008 4:38 AM (#4283 - in reply to #4238)

Dear Kukla,

Some people have hearts that are more powerful than others and given that you have been able to still love someone after years of loss this is an example of the power of your love. Letting go could be what is called for in your situation since you are suffering from the loss. A visualisation you can try is imagine there is a candle in your heart which represents your love for this man. Imagine yourself taking the candle out of your heart and blowing it out. Use a real candle ceremony if you want. If this does not work and you still feel a flame in your heart pray that a higher spirit can blow it out for you. This will close your heart chakra. The effect of putting out the flame can have some undesirable side affects such as depression, panic, anxiety, lethargy. If you do suffer from depression dont bother taking anti-depressants they will not help you. Time is the best cure for this kind of depression if it happens. best of luck.
Supernatural3
Posted 4/8/2008 10:34 AM (#4284 - in reply to #4238)

PhD Alumni

I have to explain that we are not medical doctors and cannot tell people to stop taking medications prescribed by their doctor. That would be practicing medicine with out a license. So please do take the advice above, but if on medications, do not stop anything with out first consulting your health care physician that prescribed any medication. Cold turkey stopping also can lead to serious other problems. Instead: Using the above methods can very much help, along with self education, which alone builds self esteem. But if you find yourself no longer depressed, that is great, just call the doctor and tell him that you wish to slowly come down off those meds.

This would stop liability on the person giving advice, it would also stop side effects, if done properly.

Many Blessings~

mruppert
Posted 4/17/2008 1:01 AM (#4401 - in reply to #4238)

Dear Kukla, Fran and Ollie (and if anyone here remembers that, I will be amazed).....
      I will never stop loving Isis, no matter how much time goes by. But, am I a slave to that love? By no means!
      Certain things in daily existence, bring back memories of Isis, and sometimes I get a quick dart of pain, even physical....but, I have INDEED moved on!
       Should my beloved Isis come back to me, I would send her away...since things can never be the same as they were.
       To "let go" is not to forget and erase memories, and to deny the existence of a former lifepath.
        To let go is to realize that the paths have diverged, and that you shall go down one way and your someone else, another.
        You have shared a path in life and derived strength from it, strength enough to travel down a road that is not known to you, that you must travel alone UNTIL what?
         I have heard the call of a distant, ghostly Isis, but I cannot turn around and go back the way I came, my foot upon the path does not allow this. So, forward I go.
          Yet, I do not have to give up the memory of her:
"How she told me that one day we would meet up again,
And things would be different the next time we wed,
If I only could hang on and just be her friend,
I still can't remember the best things she said"
Peace,
Marty, the man who truly married Isis on the 5th Day of May......
"Isis oh Isis, you're a mystical child,
what drives me to you is what drives me insane;
I still can remember the way that you smiled,
on the fifth day of May,
in the drizzlin' rain."    ----Bob Dylan,The Ballad of Isis, aka Isis, from the album called "Desire"

sunflower
Posted 4/17/2008 7:39 AM (#4414 - in reply to #4238)

Elite Veteran

hi kukla,i deeply feel for you in your grief,i know what you are going through,i lost a child,and to lose someone you love,is the worst pain ever.i will always grieve for my child,but i learned hanging on to that person,makes the pain worse,so i wrote her a letter,and said how much i loved her,how she will always be in my heart,but it was now time for her to go on in the spirit home,and have fun,learn,and be happy,i realise she was sent to me for a purpose,for us both,she had a few more lessons to learn,and a lot to teach about love,i had to experience true pain,love,caring,and letting go,which is true unconditional love. I think maybe because you have meditated so long to have this person back in your life,it is adding to your pain,and keeping you connected,but not in a good way.It is time to set yourself,and your loved one free,so you can both go forward,you on this earthplane,your loved one in their spiritual home,which is where we all return,when our time here is done,you will meet again,and he wants you to be happy,and carry on.I find it helpful to just talk to my child,as if she were still by my side,on this earthplane,about everday things,your friend will hear what you say,as he will always be by your side,in spirit,i pray peace and healing for your heart,and for you to go forward,filled with light and love,hugsx
Rose
Posted 4/17/2008 1:22 PM (#4421 - in reply to #4283)

Student

This is beautiful. I think that there are some questions we should ask when we find ourselves fixating on something or someone that does not love us back...WHY? Why would we want to waste our energies on anything or anyone who does not possess the ability to love us back?

The beautiful thing about love that's moved on is that it opens the road for the right love to move in. STaying on the old road is like forcing yourself to stay on the wrong path. Just realize that there's a dead end on some paths and that's okay. Because if you turn around and look you will find a new path, with new adventures, new love, new family, new friends. Let go and live!

Keep up with your life and get on with it. It's as if your life river is flowing and you are paddling upstream, fighting it, and it's important to realize that we do not and can not control everything in our lives. But we can control how we respond to things in our lives.

Trust in the Universe, trust in God....one love that's gone is to make room for something greater and more deserved. One love that leaves and you are free to grow and blossom so that a new spring may come into your life. And like a beautiful flower there's a wonderful bee out there waiting to pollinate you with love, happiness and prosperity. You must blossom and open your petals so that your new bee will easily be able to find you. Open up and let your bee see your beautiful petals and your beautiful unique colors.

Peace, love and my prayers for you....
Ophiucus
Posted 5/5/2016 11:08 AM (#27516 - in reply to #4238)
Subject: Re: Letting go

Forum Administrator

Some more thoughts on 'Letting Go' from an old thread ...
Disa
Posted 5/5/2016 5:16 PM (#27528 - in reply to #4421)

Alumni

Rose - 4/17/2008 1:22 PM

This is beautiful. I think that there are some questions we should ask when we find ourselves fixating on something or someone that does not love us back...WHY? Why would we want to waste our energies on anything or anyone who does not possess the ability to love us back?

The beautiful thing about love that's moved on is that it opens the road for the right love to move in. STaying on the old road is like forcing yourself to stay on the wrong path. Just realize that there's a dead end on some paths and that's okay. Because if you turn around and look you will find a new path, with new adventures, new love, new family, new friends. Let go and live!

Keep up with your life and get on with it. It's as if your life river is flowing and you are paddling upstream, fighting it, and it's important to realize that we do not and can not control everything in our lives. But we can control how we respond to things in our lives.

Trust in the Universe, trust in God....one love that's gone is to make room for something greater and more deserved. One love that leaves and you are free to grow and blossom so that a new spring may come into your life. And like a beautiful flower there's a wonderful bee out there waiting to pollinate you with love, happiness and prosperity. You must blossom and open your petals so that your new bee will easily be able to find you. Open up and let your bee see your beautiful petals and your beautiful unique colors.

Peace, love and my prayers for you....

This is a beautiful post
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software