University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question -- The Right Path?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Maverick07
Posted 2/23/2008 4:18 PM (#3689)
Subject: Question -- The Right Path?

Student

Hi everyone I am just a little lost. Ever since my junior year in high school I've always delved into spiritual reading and it has effected my life drastically. I'm 20 now and I graduated from a community college with a associates in web design and before I could pursue anything further in that field I found this university. I realize that a metaphysical career is greatly unpaved with little directions from the world with where to go next (which is ultimately in your favor, to be led by your own intuition) There is this nagging feeling that maybe this place was meant for someone already with a bachelors or masters in something else. I know this is what I want to do in my life but there is still that feeling of ... oh maybe I should have done this or that and not have taken up such a non-secular type of thought. I mean I want to have a career and maybe its just my thoughts of how a career and college should be like (instilled by society) clashing against what I really love. -- Any Thoughts --
Top of the page Bottom of the page
instinctual
Posted 2/23/2008 5:16 PM (#3690 - in reply to #3689)
Subject: RE: Question -- The Right Path?

PhD Alumni

Hi there! It is always a great idea to follow your heart with your head, if you know what I mean. It is one thing to be led to a way of life or career change ( which is what I have done- I have been a Registered Nurse for over 20 years, and simply did not buy it anymore )-but this "pulling" to my calling required logistics and a well thought out plan-making sure that I did not hurt anyone in the process, making sure it did not affect my family negatively, etc.... which is the head part I am referring to. Maybe you can incorporate your graphic design with a degree in Metaphysical Sciences, somehow...Best wishes, and may life take you in whatever direction is intended for you to be whole. This field is quite intellectual. You will be blown away by the readings required, and the amount of knowledge you will attain. Personally I could not have chosen a better school than UMS. I know that it appears that I am a guest here on these boards, but I am a student. Hope to see you around!
Lori
Louise
Posted 2/25/2008 2:23 PM (#3696 - in reply to #3689)

UMS Student

Hi Maverick - I can relate to your questions as I have been there. You may not be lost, but just feel you are because you haven't quite established some grounding which enables you to move forward into uncertainty with ease. You are in a period of self-exploration, of working out who you are, who you are not, where you want to go versus where you feel you should go. This phase in your life is all very necessary for your development in this lifetime - we find ourselves in periods of darkness so that we are encouraged to examine why we were are, to find some sense, some meaning. The answers to your questions are within yourself, trust that you have the wisdom within to guide you in the right direction. However, do not worry that you are lost or off-track for all is in divine order, and where you are right now is absolutely perfect. I have started to put some thoughts together about when we are lost, and finding purpose on http://thelantern-bearer.com - perhaps examine what you find in your heart at this moment and find some way to express or explore this without worrying where it will take you. Take it step by step and all will come in good time.
Best wishes, Louise
Supernatural3
Posted 2/25/2008 7:50 PM (#3699 - in reply to #3689)

PhD Alumni

It's good to occasionally feel lost. It creates you to have the need to find direction, then when you do find it, you appreciate it all that much more, pending on how lost you really were.

The good thing is, having that feeling lead you here. There are no accidents. Everything happens for a reason. We all have free will to choose anything we desire and go for it. You cannot fail~

So follow your heart.... if you love it, do it.

Edited by Supernatural3 2/25/2008 7:51 PM
Tracy Martin
Posted 2/26/2008 2:46 PM (#3705 - in reply to #3689)

Alumni

Many students are able to attend both a regular college and UMS at the same time. The courses at UMS are not so difficult that they take up a huge amount of time. If you are willing to put in between 3-5 hours per week, you will be able to keep up with your studies. Your heart interests are just as important in this lifetime as your head interests!

Maverick07
Posted 2/29/2008 7:09 PM (#3732 - in reply to #3689)

Student

Thank you all so much this was very helpful
Rose
Posted 3/26/2008 11:00 AM (#4047 - in reply to #3689)

Student

Maverick, I like to think of it this way. Secular knowledge is necessary. Secular knowledge without spiritual knowledge is dangerous. So I would say pick a secular course of study and UMS. UMS has helped focus my spiritual hunger. Imagine if our world were full of leaders that took spiritual aspirations and knowledge as seriously as they took secular pursuits. Who knows...this might be a far more peaceful world to live in.

What a difference a spirit makes.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software