University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phone test comparison then for my creative writing
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

EnteringElCastle
Posted 2/21/2008 4:35 PM (#3685)
Subject: Phone test comparison then for my creative writing

Im reading the coursework but the test taking format is confusing. Id like to read. Take the test compare and discuss with a companion. My focus is on creative writing. The multiple choice throws me off. I learn audibly. I need a study companion for after Ive completed the test for deep discussion correct any errors and then go on to write about the new knowledge, I learn from lectures not from reading (as well) If your in Chicago lets get together if not lets get a group and do a conference call if anyone would like to learn with me in this way. im not implying I want to cheat or get answers, AIm saying I want the right answers so I can have intellectual cinversation. i am good with the chakras energy preceding the physical, sacred contracts, archetypal pattern and lets do this together to be the best we can be, Email me Im 28 year old male Arlington Heights, IL. Study group. Paulie DiGrazia ps email me Enteringelcastle@aol.com

Edited by EnteringElCastle 2/21/2008 4:36 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 2/22/2008 8:35 AM (#3687 - in reply to #3685)
Subject: RE: Phone test comparison then for my creative writing

PhD Alumni

Ohh gosh, I wish i had more time at the current state I am in. I am going nuts personally, because I am in yet another college for my psychology Masters degree. It's killing me, because it's a bunch of reading and WHAM, you are tested. I cannot learn like that.

The reason I did so well with UMS is because the test is right below. You can use the test as a 'review'..... What I did was look for what I needed to know. Once I studied what was important, when it came to take the test, it came to me very easily. Perhaps it's memorizing, but it's not cheating. I would say that cheating is going through the book, WHILE taking the test. Besides.... tests are only built to help you know what is important. They help you know the material better.

In the school i am currently in, they give no review sheets.... so it's random on what will be on the test and I cannot just memorize loads of information and we have one week to do it. (The tests are also timed) I do not work well under pressure like that. I asked for a slow learners class.... ha ha ha, and i wasn't kidding. I too, am a visual/audio learner. Unless it's a subject i absolutely love, I have a very hard time just reading and knowing the material. Since Metaphysics was a passion for me, i didn't have a problem retaining more info. The classes at UMS are also written in a wonderful manor, easier to understand. While the books I have in my psych classes are I swear written for Medical Doctors. I have to stop and look up words, just to understand what the heck they are talking about.

I hope this helps a little~

Jill - UMS Alumni 06

Rose
Posted 3/31/2008 5:39 AM (#4151 - in reply to #3687)
Subject: RE: Phone test comparison then for my creative writing

Student

Doc, I want to say that I understand where you're coming from. For me conventional learning is best done with me having the time to go over the information at least six times. What I would do, when I first started college, was read the chapters onto cassettes. Then play them back and listen while I was driving, sleeping whatever, at least six times and I would then ace my tests. Over time I was able to train myself to pick up information faster and retain it faster and just started acing the tests. I know you have the ability to do it. You just need to find the rythym and method that best works for you.

Peace.....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software