University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

whispers
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

hannah28
Posted 1/28/2008 3:45 PM (#3547)
Subject: whispers

a few times in my life I have heard my name whispered to me in my right ear. It is a quick breathy whisper in a woman's voice. the most recent was a few days ago when I was visiting NYC. I was in St Patrick's cathedral looking at a tribute to a saint and I heard the whisper of just my first name. I thought it could be someone, but no one was near me. Things happen often, like detailed dreams that come true or "gut feelings" that are later confirmed....but this time I feel a nagging feeling that it's not a coincidence. I don't know why I experienced this? Can anyone give me some insight into why this may have happened?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Metatron
Posted 1/28/2008 3:56 PM (#3548 - in reply to #3547)
Subject: RE: whispers

What are your reoccurring dreams about ? If they come true is inconsequential.
Is your Mother Religious,? Were you schooled by nuns?

Edited by Metatron 1/28/2008 3:58 PM
hannah28
Posted 1/28/2008 3:58 PM (#3549 - in reply to #3547)

I'm just wondering why I would hear my name whispered into my ear? I'm not concerned with my dreams.....
Metatron
Posted 1/28/2008 4:02 PM (#3550 - in reply to #3547)

I here my name sometimes when I'm waking up alone it is allways acompanyed with the feeling of a parent.
hannah28
Posted 1/28/2008 4:04 PM (#3551 - in reply to #3548)

my mother isn't really religious and I was not schooled by nuns. I believe my grandmother was religious, though not catholic.
hannah28
Posted 1/28/2008 4:09 PM (#3552 - in reply to #3551)

I guess it could mean anything then?
Metatron
Posted 1/28/2008 4:11 PM (#3553 - in reply to #3547)

Why did you mention the dreams if you think there is no connection to the voice?

Edited by Metatron 1/28/2008 4:12 PM
hannah28
Posted 1/28/2008 4:15 PM (#3555 - in reply to #3550)

I was saying that unlike the dreams, this experience feels important and I cannot find in literature the significance. I found this website and was looking for guidance.
Metatron
Posted 1/28/2008 4:25 PM (#3556 - in reply to #3547)

My advice is to wait until you have some idea on the personal level of what you think the voice represents.

Seek advice on the Metaphysical level only after this is accomplished . look inside first.
Supernatural3
Posted 1/28/2008 8:03 PM (#3561 - in reply to #3547)

PhD Alumni

I personally think that it's a guide. Trying to gain your attention.
I have had my name called out several times. It's happened in a grave yard, but mostly in my home.

My guide has literally made me repeat after him.... I guess i am stubborn. It happens also more when we are depressed or very low, that seems to be the time we NEED a connection. Our guides really are always there for us. I bet they are just waiting for your acceptance.

However: Some guides have a very hard time connecting. Perhaps they are wanting you to pay attention to something. Maybe it startled you and you couldn't hear what was to be said next? Next time it happens, tell them "Yes, you are listening. please keep going".

Some guides also will not interfear with out permission, maybe that is all they are wanting next. Permission.

I think it's a blessing to be able to hear them.

mruppert
Posted 1/30/2008 5:03 AM (#3575 - in reply to #3547)

Hi HannahTwoAte....
     Was the K  and T sharply pronounced? By that I mean did you hear the cuh sound and the tuh sound? Or was it more softly defined, as an ish and shal? Can you possibly type how it sounded to you? Did it change? Is it constantly the same sound when it happens?
      When it happened before you were looking at some dumb saint in grand old St. Paddy's where were you?
      Does it always occur in the right ear?
      I am most interested in the definition of the sound, was the K and T sharp.....was it your name?
      A whisper is just that....an ambient noise or a mistaken sound, since it is hard to discern.
Peace,
Marty and Sound knowledgeable cats....we hear the can opener from the back bedroom..yeah....FOOD!
hannah28
Posted 2/5/2008 7:46 PM (#3611 - in reply to #3561)

Supernatural3,

Now that makes sense...I will try to listen better next time. I was startled and walked off to find my friends after I heard my name.... but the next time it happens I will let it be known that I am listening...Thanks!

Edited by hannah28 2/5/2008 7:47 PM
hannah28
Posted 2/5/2008 7:52 PM (#3612 - in reply to #3575)

mruppert,

It is always in my right ear and always a female voice saying my name. The k was harsh and the t was harshly defined, almost like they were said in an exhale or an effort to get the sound out. What's on your mind? why does that matter? Thanks

Hannah28

Edited by hannah28 2/5/2008 7:54 PM
mruppert
Posted 2/5/2008 11:17 PM (#3613 - in reply to #3547)

Hi Hannah7X4:
     Oh....nothing on my mind that is definitive, BUT, k's and hard c's are sounds that must move air rapidly to be discerned. I think they call them soft plosives, as opposed to puh which is hard labial plosive, and moves a lot of air.
     We, typically, hear stereoscopically and directionally, as we have two ears. Hence, we love our home theatre systems.
      You hear what you do in the right ear only, which to me means that the source is on your right side and your right side only. Whether the voice is female or not, is very much hard to discern. Many women sound like men and vice-versa. Also, many aberrations of sound can, indeed, sound like a word or words, but are really not.
       So, I would suggest a little experiment. Very controlled (it has been used before)!
       If you have or can find a song by some guy named Moby called "Whispering Wind" listen to it and write down what you think the lyrics are unaided by headphones or buds. Then, try again with headphones or buds. See what the differences are.
You will be surprised!
Peace,
Marty and Big Eared cats, Luck, Pop, and Siss
P.S. Oh....if you are game to try this, let me know what you think the lyrics are so we can match them to the lyrics for accuracy.
hannah28
Posted 2/8/2008 3:31 PM (#3626 - in reply to #3547)

hmm interesting...
debbiek
Posted 2/9/2008 1:14 PM (#3631 - in reply to #3547)

I have also heard my name whispered to me. I have often taken this as a signal to pay attention. "something" is about to happen that will be significant. I have also been working with my akashic records and now feel my guides speaking directly to me.
It's possible you are becoming aware of your spirit guides through your own personal searching and reaching out.
lgard
Posted 2/11/2008 4:51 PM (#3648 - in reply to #3547)

I've also heard my name -- not often, but several times every year I'll be doing something, and then totally out of the blue I'll hear "Larry!" -- usually it's been spoken right out loud when no-one else is around, and once it was definitely the voice of my mother, who is alive and well but at the time was 82 years old -- and it scared me to death. I called her up immediately and she was fine. But I've always wondered what's behind the experience of hearing my name spoken to me by no-one I can see.

Larry
lgard
Posted 2/11/2008 4:51 PM (#3649 - in reply to #3547)

I've also heard my name -- not often, but several times every year I'll be doing something, and then totally out of the blue I'll hear "Larry!" -- usually it's been spoken right out loud when no-one else is around, and once it was definitely the voice of my mother, who is alive and well but at the time was 82 years old -- and it scared me to death. I called her up immediately and she was fine. But I've always wondered what's behind the experience of hearing my name spoken to me by no-one I can see.

Larry
hannah28
Posted 2/12/2008 11:27 AM (#3652 - in reply to #3648)

I know what I heard, and I know that I haven't mistaken it for something else, nor do I feel I have misconstrued ordinary sounds to become something meaningful to me. I have heard my name in the past, in complete silence. I haven't actually given it much thought before now, but I think I'll pick up some books on spirit guides.........
Paul Joseph
Posted 2/13/2008 9:01 AM (#3653 - in reply to #3547)

PhD Alumni

I remember reading somewhere, but cannot remember where, sorry, that in Chinese traditions, one needed to be cautious when one heard one's voice spoken from behind or to the side when there was no one there, as this could be a negative spirit seeking to attract/distract one's attention.

On the positive side, it was interesting to log in and notice the title of this post as I had just made reference in a piece of writing I am doing to the collection of extracts from Paramhansa Yogananda's (he of 'Autobiography of a Yogi') writings, called, 'Whispers from Eternity'; so that may be worth a look !!
Blessings
Paul
MuseMeg
Posted 2/19/2008 4:21 PM (#3675 - in reply to #3555)

Student

hannah28 - 2008-01-28 4:15 PM

I was saying that unlike the dreams, this experience feels important and I cannot find in literature the significance. I found this website and was looking for guidance.

Is it just this experience in particular that feels significant, or is it that you feel it's finally important to pay attention to your name being called as a whole?

I don't know if my first thought would have been a spirit guide; actually, I'm more inclined to ask if anyone close to you is dead. Is the date you heard the voice significant to you in anyway?

That said, if I were you my inclination would be to ask what it wants. Whether it's a guide, an angel, or God - if they are trying to get your attention I would think that they would answer you. If it feels significant to you, then my thinking is that you may be able to connect to them by trying (pray, meditate and ask anyone who's trying to get your attention to show up). That said, I'm not experienced in the area so I can't promise how effective it would be, it's just what I would do.

I don't think you are hearing things, or misunderstanding sounds. Maybe it matters less what it is and more what you do in response?

As for the Asian warning post... I can see their point, but I'd assume that you'd feel creeped out or uncomfortable if it was a negative energy.

Hope that helps,
Megan
SouthernCrow
Posted 2/21/2008 3:43 AM (#3681 - in reply to #3547)

I once had a whisper in my right ear, and I think it was a feminine voice also. It happened while I was cleaning my pool and I was being dazzled by the sun reflecting of the water. The voice said to me the phrase "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". According to a book called 'Signs and Wonders: Understanding the language of God' by Albert Gaulden, what I experienced is called an "Angel Murmur". Now I cant prove that the spirit was an Angel or not , it doesn't really matter because its the truth or untruth , the wisdom of what I was being told that mattered. Its nothing new spirit communication one only has to look at the meaning of the word muses and its derivative the word music. The words originate from ancient Greek. The muses were the spirits inspiring the creation of art or song. Some musicians feel their music is inspired by the muses and is not coming from themselves. I met a musician recently who said this to me.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software