University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Metaphysics of Climate Change
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

SouthernCrow
Posted 1/22/2008 9:49 PM (#3501)
Subject: The Metaphysics of Climate Change

Scientists have warned us that if we keep producing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere from burning fossil fuels then a global rise in temperature will cause the ice caps to melt resulting in a rise in sea levels and the loss of land. Lets look at this from the metaphysics perspective. Our environment is critical to the lessons that we learn. In our souls journey to become masters of the universe we have to learn to master each element fire, earth , air and water. Sea level change would mean the loss of earth and the increase in water. It is Gods way of telling us that if we don't come to terms with the element of water it will be forced upon us as a necessary part to our evolution. Water is representative of feelings and emotions. Therefore from a metaphysical perspective our collective denial and suppression of feelings and emotions is the root cause of global warming.

The amazing thing about feelings and emotions is it impossible to rationalize them. And its often because we want to be able to rationalize or think and do whats logical that we reject feelings. To rationalize or put into ideas is to use the element air. So it air versus water, thinking versus feeling. Its the classic battle between masculine and feminine. The wife says I feel like something and the husband says "why?" in order to get a rational response. Of course there is no answer to the question, its a feeling.

An example of the irrationality of the effect of water is in sailors. It is well known that homosexuality is rife among sailors, homosexuality doesn't make rational sense, logic says that a man should be with a women so it is obvious that their actions of homosexuality are driven by feelings. (see http://www.sodomylaws.org/world/united_kingdom/uknews69.htm)

It is interesting here to note the evolution of whales and dolphins. These animals were originally land animals but took to the water at sometime in history. I think that we could learn alot by studying and interacting with these creatures. Maybe they can show us how to connect with the element of water and our feelings and emotions.
(See http://www.edwardtbabinski.us/whales/introduction.html)

In recent movie called "Touching the Void" there is a divine moment. Joe Simpson the mountain climber is trying to escape the clutches of an icy death when things turn surreal. Into his head comes the Boney M song "Brown Girl in the Ring" and as we know part of this song is the line "Show me emotion" What a statement.

To those who say global warming is caused by the burning of fossil fuels and we have to stop I say I agree, but what causes us to need the element of fire so much? Is it to balance its opposite of air? Its is too much of the element air that is causing our emotions to freeze and so we use fire to try and thaw them out. The real lesson is in honouring our feelings and this is most important to those born in water signs, Pisces, Scopio and Cancer. Learn your lessons people !!! .
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cause
Posted 1/23/2008 3:00 PM (#3510 - in reply to #3501)
Subject: RE: The Metaphysics of Climate Change

UMS Student

May we all come to know a symbiosis with the earth, terra, our source of nourishment, and true home.
Supernatural3
Posted 1/24/2008 9:00 AM (#3527 - in reply to #3501)

PhD Alumni

I am fire.... I will burn. Even if i have to do it on another planet. LOL
Sorry to cause global warming, it's the LEO in me, I am married to Air, without him, i die.
Could use a bit of warmth right now, it's really cold here. But that statement makes me think.... how can the sun burn, it's built of gas. But fire is built of gas too and it cannot live with out air, so their must be air around the sun for the fire to stay lit. How does it stay lit?

I watched the movie Sunshine the other day, was a pretty good movie. Special effects could have been dropped, but the movie does touch on the sun losing it's burn. It's quite creative.

but, No honestly, i don't know what to think about Global Warming. But what is, is... we will deal with it, as it happens.
May just have to pack our bags and move to a different realm. I guess my bag is already packed.... HA

I guess then i won't have to pay off my student loans. LOL With some bad, comes some good.

Remember there is always a plus with a minus. The two go hand in hand~
Metatron
Posted 1/24/2008 9:58 AM (#3528 - in reply to #3501)

Supernatural3

“How can the sun burn, it's built of gas. But fire is built of gas too and it cannot live with out air, so their must be air around the sun for the fire to stay lit. How does it stay lit?”

The sun does not “Burn” in the way combustible elements burn as within the , “fire triangle” [fuel, oxygen, heat].
The source of the sun's fuel is hydrogen and helium gases. Through a special chemical reaction, called nuclear fusion, the hydrogen gas is "burned" releasing an enormous amount of energy in the form of light and heat.
instinctual
Posted 1/24/2008 10:35 AM (#3529 - in reply to #3510)

PhD Alumni

Beautifully stated.
Supernatural3
Posted 1/24/2008 11:21 AM (#3530 - in reply to #3501)

PhD Alumni

Good to know.... guess one can tell i am not a astronomer. Makes sense~
Omjah
Posted 1/24/2008 3:23 PM (#3533 - in reply to #3501)

UMS Guest

I think that the reference to homosexuality not making rational sense might be challenged on the grounds that homosexual behavior is common among most species and has always been a part of sexual expression among humans. It is an opinion and a judgment to label it irrational, not a fact or a universal truth. Although my own biological and psychological leanings may reject homosexual behavior for myself, that does not make it right or wrong. I understand that many religious doctrines are strongly condemning of homosexual behavior, but I suspect it is a condemnation that in itself is illogical and irrational. But perhaps this is something for another discussion?
SouthernCrow
Posted 1/25/2008 9:05 AM (#3539 - in reply to #3533)

to cause, yes we need to reconnect with the element earth as well, not surprisingly earth just like water is a feminine element. (Air and fire are masculine). Western society has divorced itself from the land. People living in cities sometimes have no idea about growing food and basic commodities, or much understanding for nature and widlife. With inspiration from the indigenous peoples like the australian aborigines and native american indians we can learn to reconnect with the land. An aboriginal australian man was asked "What is your religion?" His response was - "you are standing on it". Another way we can increase the element earth is by making our education and schooling more practical (earth) and less theoretical (air). Standard education in my country Australia is hopelessly impractical (but good for air signs like me). In my opinion most of our problems including global warming are a result of the suppression of the feminine and its corresponding elements earth and water. Government in nearly all countries is dominated by men. Look at the american presidential race - one woman (Hillary Clinton) versus 10 or so men. There has never been a woman US president! In Myers Briggs personality testing it is known that men show a predominance towards thinking (air) and women towards feeling (water). A practical solution might be to give equal reprsentation in politics, a man and a woman in each electorate with equal voting rights. Unfortunately the media is trying to make Hillary Clinton look weak because she has shown on TV that she is emotional. A good metaphysican will tell you that on the contrary feelings and emotions are not weakness, that instead they can be a source of great power. Any Scorpio, Cancer or Pisces should know this.

The attitude that we will just deal with it when it comes is not a good one. We already know that we dont have spare farmland to produce energy crops for biofuel without increasing the price of food, this means with our current population we must be near our productive limit for food. If we loose farmland due to rising water its going to mean serious trouble. Lets avoid that scenario by finding what is causing it on a deep level and heal that part of ourselves. The root cause is in the soul, its not the burning of fossil fuels that is just the cause on a surface level. The cause is the suppression of the feminine - feelings in particular.

Omjah: I simply trying to observe what is going on not judge it. Ask yourself why is it that homosexuality is notorious in the navy but not the airforce or army? My suggestion is that it is because of a sailors proximity to water , the sea that there is a psychological effect where feelings may be amplified and that these may override any negative ideas the man has about homosexuality. If you survey a few water signs you will notice that many of them are drawn to water and have been their entire lives, this element has an effect on them. In fact it is necessay for them to connect with this element to be successful in life.
Omjah
Posted 1/28/2008 6:42 PM (#3559 - in reply to #3501)

UMS Guest

I really do not know if homosexual behavior is more predominant in the navy than the army or air force. But it is interesting that cities in the U.S which have a large community of homosexuals are near the Ocean (Provincetown, SanFrancisco, NYC)
mruppert
Posted 1/30/2008 6:35 AM (#3576 - in reply to #3501)

Now now, all:
     Can we not put this in some perspective?
     The historical Navies (Spain, Portugal, Britian, The Dutch) all had as part of their articles; those documents that crewman signed, a prohibition against sodomy and pederasty (many of those who signed were, indeed, young boys, some as young as nine years old). The punishment for engaging in such acts was quite severe...usually a brutal flogging, which few survived, and in extreme cases, hanging, straight away. Did it stop people? No, just as our laws don't stop people from speeding. But, it was prohibited!
      The remarkable exception is the Bucaans, which we have come to know as Buccaneers, and eventually Pirates. The above was considered forbidden, and dealt with hasty dispatch of the offender (and sometimes with the offendee). These dudes would much rather go out and rape, pillage, and loot.  Oh, do not be worried, as they, in most cases, had "letters of marque and reprisal", which came to be interpreted as to extend to the ports  that the other ships sailed from.
      It is my conclusion that the press and 'populist' history and culture has ascribed the "Navy" for being infamous for this....maybe it just was the Village People and their song. Who knows? What is known, is that armies and navies of any sort and of anytime do aberrant things. Horrible things! What you gotta know, SoCrow, is this is not a "say whut?"
      Now, Nostradamus like, I will tell you that it doesn't matter what you think about Earth, Wind and Fire...even though I liked a few of their songs, very few....we have profoundly altered this planet and continue to do so every day. It is not just the influx of noxious gases, it is also all else that we do that speeds the process. I think the salient fact for those that are freezing their butts off is that "global warming" is not just about warming, it is about altering the weather patterns....and that is why some are freezing their butts off right now.
      I go further and say that it is irreversible, we cannot stop it, unless there is a cataclysmic event. And then, we become the "new" dinosaurs. Al Gore tells us what we have done...but he doesn't tell us really what we have done.
       Because, no one wants to know an inconvenient truth, and particularly a most inconvenient one.
Luv n' peace,
Marty and Cats
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software