University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mother Goddess of the World
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 1/11/2008 2:42 AM (#3444)
Subject: Mother Goddess of the World

Hello,
     Sherpa Buddhists worship "Mother Goddess of the World", or also translated as "Maiden of the Wind" if you are Nepalese or Sagarmatha. It is Chomolungma! This place is the highest place on the planet. We know it as Mount Everest!
     Sir Edmund Hillary, has just now followed in the footsteps of Tenseng Norgay, his Sherpa guide (who died a few years ago), and left this world at the age of 88.
      These two men, are reputably, the first to summit Everest and get safely back down.
       Sir Edmund did not fight any wars, did not distinguish himself in battle, nor invent any gee-gaws or widgets to further mankind.What he and Tenseng did, was to be the first men to TOUCH THE SKY!
        I am deeply saddened by his passing, and hope that all can appreciate what he accomplished. For Chomolungma did not let just anyone conquer her.
        She has become somewhat complacent now, but she does take a terrible toll on those that might try to reach for the sky.
Yet, she also shows her power, as she granted Beck Weathers a new life, after he died on her slopes.
        To Sir Edmund, ga'bless, na' im maste, go New Zealand!
Peace for a fallen hero,
Marty and Climbing Cats
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cause
Posted 1/12/2008 8:14 PM (#3457 - in reply to #3444)
Subject: RE: Mother Goddess of the World

UMS Student

Hillary is a sad loss. Albeit at a respectable age.
Hail the passing of a hero!

I was once a avid rock climber and understand some of the difficulties involved. Rock climbing is a way of exploring nature, and respecting its strength, while asserting ones self. I've never done ice climbing but from what I have experience such climbing is probably daunting at least. I greatly respect the endeavor to overcome great obstacles.

The earth is alive and I can understand the notion of it as a higher power. May we all give her respect.

cause

Edited by cause 1/12/2008 8:15 PM
Chotuni
Posted 4/25/2008 5:08 PM (#4675 - in reply to #3444)

Regular

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE WITH BOTH THESE POSTS,THERE AREN'T ENOUGH TRUE SPIRITS ANY MORE
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/25/2008 5:28 PM (#4681 - in reply to #3444)

PhD Alumni

We are now speaking the same language. Blessed Be. The high places of the earth make intercourse with the sky.

But over on the Pacific coast, apart from your Rockies, you too have the gloriously impeccable Andes, where the sacred Lord of Q'olloriti can make dreams come true, so I am told.

And the ultimate mountain to scale must be within our own hearts: the highest and most difficult mountain range of all ...

Namaste

Paul
Chotuni
Posted 4/27/2008 6:07 PM (#4760 - in reply to #4681)

Regular

so true??????? ????????
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/28/2008 4:11 AM (#4780 - in reply to #4760)

PhD Alumni

There's a great book by Rene Daumal, a pupil of Gurdjeiff's, called, Mount Analogue, which is a metephoric description of the inner journey.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software