University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Introductions
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Fedora
Posted 1/9/2008 4:15 PM (#3419)
Subject: Introductions

Hello all! I'd like to thank the folks at UMS for directing me to this message board, I look forward to getting involved here. I've recently launched a social network for mystics and they said I should post about it here to see if anyone is interested in participating:

http://www.coffeeshopmystic.com

It is a place for thinkers, mystics and philosophers to come together, network, talk, create communities, upload and share media and generally do what you would on MySpace but without all the problems that come with MySpace. The site tries to put mysticism and metaphysics into a digestible and fun form so that it can better be integrated into the mainstream. The community is only as wonderful and extensive as its members and so I encourage all to share links, media, articles and themselves in a casual and cheeky environment.

In addition to the community, there is also a monthly online publication for Coffee Shop Mystic that is launching in February. Dr. Breese has graciously agreed to an interview and so look forward to a spotlight on UMS and all of the organization's wonderful efforts. The first issue will be exploring the ancient mystery schools and the history of mystical movements and future issues will explore a variety of issues pertinent to those interested in learning about the world we live in and the people we live with.

Thanks for reading and I'll get busy catching up on all the threads in here so I can do my best to contribute!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tracy Martin
Posted 1/9/2008 5:06 PM (#3420 - in reply to #3419)
Subject: RE: Introductions

Alumni

I enjoyed your site Fedora and trust that you will have many interesting people having many intriguing discussions. Thank you very much for the link to UMS! 
Supernatural3
Posted 1/9/2008 6:40 PM (#3425 - in reply to #3419)

PhD Alumni

I joined too.... tried to add you "Luna" to my friend list, but it wouldn't let me.
It does resemble Myspace a lot. I would have thought more spiritual type of employment options would have been able to be chosen for my profile. I had to leave it blank, because my career is not listed. Bummer! LOL

Other than that, thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing where this goes.
Also, Welcome to our forum~

Blessings~
Fedora
Posted 1/9/2008 6:58 PM (#3426 - in reply to #3425)

Supernatural3 - 2008-01-09 6:40 PMI joined too.... tried to add you "Luna" to my friend list, but it wouldn't let me. It does resemble Myspace a lot. I would have thought more spiritual type of employment options would have been able to be chosen for my profile. I had to leave it blank, because my career is not listed. Bummer! LOLOther than that, thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing where this goes. Also, Welcome to our forum~Blessings~

Thanks for the feedback! I can easily add more occupations. Silly I hadn't caught that before :D
Supernatural3
Posted 1/9/2008 7:29 PM (#3427 - in reply to #3419)

PhD Alumni

Thank you, that would be wonderful.

It happens everywhere i fill out a profile. I guess those of us working in the alternative field, do have this problem a lot.

I am glad you can add fields. LOL yay~

Blessings~
Fedora
Posted 2/3/2008 8:33 PM (#3606 - in reply to #3419)

Hello again gang!

Sorry I've been absent - it is a very busy time right now. Fedora Jr. could be coming along any day now :D

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and catch up a bit. I built up the site on a new program that is perhaps a bit more clunky than before but the Creative Commons license better fits the community's vision. I mostly just wanted to let you know that the February issue of the magazine is out (and free): http://www.coffeeshopmystic.com/magazine/Feb2008. I hope to get Dr. Breese's interview for next issue.

By the way - is anyone here going to be at the Conscious Life Expo in L.A. next week? I'm planning on attending and would love to meet some UMS folks.

I hope all is well and I'm off now to get caught up.
Supernatural3
Posted 2/4/2008 8:22 AM (#3607 - in reply to #3419)

PhD Alumni

The link did not work.... I wish i lived closer, i would be there in a heart beat. Unfortunately, travel is not in my future for some time, at least until i finish school once again. I hope others will report their experiences here.

Blessings~
Fedora
Posted 2/4/2008 2:57 PM (#3608 - in reply to #3419)

A pesky period got stuck in there. Try this:

http://www.coffeeshopmystic.com/magazine/Feb2008

Tracy Martin
Posted 2/5/2008 12:19 PM (#3609 - in reply to #3419)

Alumni

Christine Breese and Kelly Love will be at the Conscious Life Expo. Christine is touring all down through CA to San Diego and back. In Los Angeles you might also meet Maru Dana, our astrologer for the website. Have a great time!
Fedora
Posted 2/5/2008 12:25 PM (#3610 - in reply to #3419)

I'll give a full report and hopefully some pictures.
mruppert
Posted 2/6/2008 4:50 AM (#3614 - in reply to #3419)
Subject: RE: Goodbyes

Hi all:
     I have a good (bad?) tendency to think in music when people say things to me. I also carry this over to what I read...as I think very graphically, and as DocJ knows, have no concept of numbers. As I read this forum, a song came to mind,  and this was the most telling line:

"We care a lot about the Garbage Pail Kids, they never lie;
We care a lot about Transformers cause there's more than meets the eye"...........a song by Faith No More, the title escapes me!

Good Bye to You All, Peace and Love, off to meet up with our starchild Lyonnah, of the 7th Order of the 7th Degree of the ancient 7th Mystical Retribution Tong.....
All yours truly,
Marty and Luckylee (aka Luckystrike, when she was just a little baby); Poppyhead (aka LuckyPop..the daughter of Luckystrike) and the SissyGirl (aka Sissy, the name given by previous owners).....and in commeration of my previous cats, Inky (Inkspot...died at 30 yo) Penicin (Pendleton, but a little 2 yo girl couldn't say that, so it was Penicin) died at 19; and my beloved GirlySue, (again named by a now 5 yo girl), who died at 26 give or take a year or two.

Supernatural3
Posted 2/6/2008 8:22 AM (#3615 - in reply to #3419)

PhD Alumni

Does that mean you are leaving? Marty?
EnteringElCastle
Posted 2/6/2008 9:16 AM (#3616 - in reply to #3419)

Hi my name is Paul DiGrazia. I am in Chicago. How does this forum work and how would I meet peeople who live in Chicago for soul compnion friends. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Paul
debbiek
Posted 2/9/2008 1:41 PM (#3632 - in reply to #3419)

Fedora,
I just tried to join your coffee shop, which looks great, by the way....
but I had trouble and also could not send you a comment from within your site?
I have a mac am wondering if there may be a compatibility problem?
Peace,
Debbie
Fedora
Posted 2/9/2008 6:45 PM (#3635 - in reply to #3419)

Thanks for signing up! I see your account is active. I've just tested comments and letters so it -should- be functional. Platform won't make a difference, but browsers can. Can you email me your specific hold-ups and I'll take care of it right away. Also let me know if you are using Safari, Firefox, or Explorer:

mystic@coffeeshopmystic.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software