University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Questions About UMS -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Questions....
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Questions About UMSMessage format

ladyofthedead
Posted 12/17/2007 2:32 PM (#3227)
Subject: My Questions....

I seem to have found my place in the world easily enough. I found my calling in the field of Funeral Services and Mortuary Science, and I will begin its study very soon. I am 17 years old and have been interested in metaphysics for about 7 years now, possibly a little longer. I find myself drawn to mysticism and natural healing, and I intend to pursue that as well, as soon as I am financially able to do so. My only problems seem to be a slight concern about the religious connotations associated with such. I am a Natural Wiccan and I study on my own many different forms of the occult, mystical, and magickal religious practices associated with such. I do not want my beliefs to conflict with my studies, and I suppose I am just looking for a little reassurance that this college will fulfill that wish.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tracy Martin
Posted 12/17/2007 3:04 PM (#3228 - in reply to #3227)
Subject: RE: My Questions....

Alumni

Hi! In the course of study at the University of Metaphysical Sciences there are many spiritual and religious paths and principles covered. We offer this information as a part of the study of metaphysics. We have enrolled students from a variety of backgrounds, but many of our students are predominantly New Age, Earth-based, Pagan, and New Thought practitioners. We do not attempt to impose any particular belief system on others, and you are free to agree or disagree with anything in the material without prejudice. We expect that all courses and assignments will be completed, even if the material seems unfamiliar or not exactly in  line with the students personal belief system.  We do have courses which emhasize various religions and trust that UMS students will explore these with an open mind, at the very least, being open to a better understanding of others who hold those teachings as their personal path. I hope that answers your question and reassures you. Welcome to UMS!
mruppert
Posted 12/18/2007 12:42 AM (#3237 - in reply to #3227)

Hi to you, LOTD:
"I am a Natural Wiccan and I study on my own many different forms of theoccult, mystical, and magickal religious practices associated withsuch. I do not want my beliefs to conflict with my studies"
     I am Roman Catholic, Rosicrucian, and many other things! None of the above have any conflict with the beliefs and insights that I find in UMS. As a matter of fact, what I find here enhances my beliefs, with a truer understanding of what I really belive in, and a refreshing insight that what I believe in is true, albeit, seen through different eyes.
     Just by virtue of talking in forums, I have learned so much, that I would say that it is worth ten textbooks of material.
      I do not say this lightly, nor am I a shill for UMS...it is not for everybody...you need to be a particularly "inclined" person to use this experience of education to your benefit. But, let's look at what you said above:
"I do not want my beliefs to conflict with my studies"
Well, Mademoislle d'morte, that is indeed the nature of study!!!
Study is, indeed, designed to interact with your beliefs, and to make you think, and think, and think again.
     I, for one, would encourage you to participate in forums and see if you feel "at home" and then to continue on.
Peace and Paternal Love,
Marty, Luckylee, Poppyhead and SissyGirl, cats extradinaire!
Supernatural3
Posted 12/18/2007 8:04 AM (#3243 - in reply to #3227)

PhD Alumni

Hello LOTD

I too am drawn to dead people. I don't know why, but i would LOVE to work in the mortuary. I guess it's my strength in knowing they are just free from their bodies. Its not creepy to me at all.
As a graduate of here, I am my own religion called Jillism. I could call it metaphysical based, but it's my own and only my own. I had it before I studied here and pretty much added those others into it. I do like some of what Wiccan has to offer, but I cannot pick just one, so i pick a combo and call it my own mix. I suppose that is what Metaphysics is all about.... finding your own truth that suits you.

My fate has called me to work with the living, so that is what i will do, but my hobby is always working with the dead. I recently helped heal a home from an angry ghost that was tormenting a family. After i went and did my thing, they have been at peace. Now whether i convinced them, the ghost, or did anything at all, they are now sleeping at night and they weren't prior so something happened for the better. I guess that is also part of my calling. I am a healer of the living, and the dead.

So I have the best of both worlds and I feel lucky.
Blessings to you~
Jill
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software