University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2012 now..?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

sunflower
Posted 4/19/2008 7:51 AM (#4461 - in reply to #3152)
Subject: RE: 2012 now..?

Elite Veteran

hi,whats this about the 2012 flux,things of prophecy,likethe ending of the world,supposedly on the new millenium, then ,when it didn,t happen,surprise,surprise,a new date was prophesised,its akin to mass hysteria.Peoples homes,cupboards must be full of bottled water,tin food,calor gas cookers,duck tape,,so on,when somehing is stated on the news,or prophesised,you can see the people pack the supermarkets,and empty shelves in seconds,ready for the forthcoming disaster,only ones benefiting are the pockests of the wholesaler,maybe they make up their own prophecies,now knowing how people react,and are raking it in. To my mind,when its time,its time,we only have now,why stress about tomorrow.I strongly beleive spirituality is needed at this time,and if you have faith,so it shall be.As for depression,suicide,etc,these things have been around since time memorial,the great wars of past,the depresssions of past,ther must have been suicide,depressionetc then,and through the ages,always will be.History does repeat itself,there was beleif in spirit in those dark times,there just wasn,t a forum to express them.So,spirituality is not for the favoured few,it is in all walks of life,from the beggar,to the rich man,always has been,always will be.We should start thinking,and acting about saving the earth now,whats,meant to be,will be,we each have our own path,lets concentrate on why we are here,in this moment of time,in the now,ok,end of,by the way,my elderly mum also made my brother by a dingy plastic boat,when one doom prophecy was made,it made me laugh,as i could imagine,as she takes all prophets of doom seriously,her in a plastic dingy,with her bottled water,her tin of soup,candles,so on,floating past my house,clutching all to her chest.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Chotuni
Posted 4/19/2008 7:57 AM (#4462 - in reply to #4426)

Regular

hello to Rev. Bradley, I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do as I am also new. "??????? ????????
Kashia
Posted 4/23/2008 12:06 PM (#4571 - in reply to #3204)

In reply to post this post from Tracy, she says :
This discussion brings to my mind some prophecies I have heard from indigenous north American's and includes animals as well as people. They are consciously leaving this world to enter into the mountain and another world. It comes from prophecies that relate to extinction and human de-population. Anyone have more info?

Hi, I recently again came across and read the Hopi Prophecy. Is this what you referred to?
I think there are many sites on this or
I have a document I can either email to anyone or post here if interested.
The times occurring now were known long ago. and we are near the transition they speak of.
Tracy Martin
Posted 4/23/2008 1:01 PM (#4574 - in reply to #3152)

Alumni

Yes Kashia, it was the Hopi prophecies, thanks!

I suppose one of the purposes in alarmist prophecies regarding the end of the world, or the end of the age is the warning it gives us that we are out of balance. We have a great need to refocus our energy towards cooperation, sharing, justice, and healing rather than profiteering, aggression, and separation. Notice that what happens in the midst of this fearfulness is that people gather their resources and concern themselves with survival issues. Others expose what is happening and the conscience of humanity is inspired to end the injustice. Sunflower suggests that we keep our hearts and minds open toward finding and providing solutions for the problems that face us: war, poverty, disease, environmental poisoning, rather than be carried away by our fears. There is definitely a wave of energy focused on solving these problems all through the world. Why we seem to need the catalyst of impending doom to refocus might be because it is one of our predominant patterns to get us to change our ways. Pain is a familiar motivator!  Consider the "hitting bottom" and other difficult challenges in our personal lives that move us toward positive change.

I believe that a positive attitude towards solutions is happening on a greater and greater scale, but we do not hear about it so much because our media is still focused on sensationalism, trivialities, and violence. As you search the news and the Internet be aware of those people who are making positive non-violent contributions to well-being, it is refreshing to the soul! Consider your own compassionate heart and realize that it is being mirrored by billions of other hearts!

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/23/2008 1:33 PM (#4580 - in reply to #3152)

PhD Alumni

In the relevant ums courses and in The Book of the Hopi by, i think, Frank Waters, you can find reference to the Fourth World that we are in; and my reading of their prophecies is as a warning. Also though, is their very very important saying

"We are the ones we have been waiting for"

This is what I sense the Sixth Sun ideas (referred to in my earlier posts on this) from Ruiz from the Toltec tradition might signify: nothing is ever a foregone conclusion. Everything remains, ever possible ....
Kashia
Posted 4/24/2008 12:15 PM (#4621 - in reply to #3152)

Thank you Tracy.Yes look at the wonderful consciousness now unfolding everywhere. and the revolution will not be televised!
Tracy Martin
Posted 4/24/2008 12:29 PM (#4624 - in reply to #3152)

Alumni

I read a statistic in a JW pamphlet (I do not know where they got the info.) that said that currently there may be as many as 200,000 soldiers fighting around the world in over six major conflicts. The figure might even have been 2 million soldiers. But even so, how many people are living on the earth? Over 7 billion! People like you and I just living their lives and supporting their families and communities as best we can. The majority of people are ordinary people, mothers, fathers, children. The media focuses on problems and suffering and makes it seem like terrible danger surrounds us at every moment. I do not believe that the human race is as awful as some of our religions and philosophies make us out to be.

The evolution will not be televised either!

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/24/2008 5:39 PM (#4635 - in reply to #4624)

PhD Alumni

Tracy

Did you see my post about current communication systems (eg, instant long range transmission webcam) mirroring the higher conscious capacity for astral travel and even (evidence from Paramhansa Y), bilocation ? The point I was making was that consciousness Is, and needs no such aids, where the mirror image requires all kinds of technologies most of which abuse either the earth or people. So media creates its own illusiory world, where we can choose to inhabit that world, or the world of our own consciousness - the real world of the Is. Pure Being.

Namaste
Paul
Tracy Martin
Posted 4/24/2008 5:58 PM (#4636 - in reply to #4635)

Alumni

I really like how we can communicate instantly all over the world through internet, telephone, and other means. I am not sufficiently consciously developed to do this psychicly. How fun is this though, you in London communicating to all of us from all over, New Zealand, Australia, U.S., etc. The inventors of all these communication systems surely pulled these ideas straight from the creative field of consciousness as you say. The material created from the immaterial, thought manifested into form. Is it possible to have a media which is more conscious?
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/25/2008 4:46 AM (#4653 - in reply to #3152)

PhD Alumni

Is it of any interest to reflect then that 'media' is the plural of 'medium', as in 'the medium is the message' (?Masrshall McLuhan?)
.... and in spiritual terms, we speak of someone being a medium, or medium-ship ?, to refer to their being a conduit for the unseen world ?
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/25/2008 8:19 AM (#4663 - in reply to #3152)

PhD Alumni

What was also hiding in my brain has emerged since this the last post .... the positive/negative effects of the same thing, as in this part of the discussion, technology. Wondering if anyone has come across C S Lewis and his "The Screwtape Letters"? Lewis was a confirmed atheist who became a committed Christian. It was he who wrote Narnia and also a science fiction trilogy, 'Out of the Silent Planet', earth being the silent planet because we had shut ourselves off from the divine cosmos. Screwtape is 'the devil' and he is writing to his nephew about how best to tempt humans ... and it is often by using inventions for good, then mixing them into things that go bad - hence, internet & communication then becomes used for negative energies too (I shall leave that to your imaginations!). Lewis gets a bit 'evangelical' but he makes, I think, some interesting points in an entertaining way.

I think though too the adage of the old, original Alchemists hold true, "As above, so below"; thus anything in the created world is indeed a mirror of the higher realm. And here, we "see through a glass darkly", until we open and see with the spiritual eye of the heart.
Chotuni
Posted 4/27/2008 6:21 PM (#4766 - in reply to #4636)

Regular

i found out today that the first wireless message was sent by marconi from an island in the bristol channel ,between england and wales, called flatholm.
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/28/2008 4:37 AM (#4785 - in reply to #4766)

PhD Alumni

presumably it would have to have been 'Flat'holm, else the message might not have gotten through the hill (just trying to join in with your humour Chotuni!)
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software