University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Don't Need No Doctor...Need An Exorcist!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 11/25/2007 1:16 AM (#3012)
Subject: Don't Need No Doctor...Need An Exorcist!

Hi all;
     I cannot resist the chance to poke fun at the Roman Catholic Church, which has been part of my life.
     In a recent Catholic Review, an article featured a recounting of a presentation given by a priest, who is an "experienced"  exorcist.
     In response to a question from the audience about how "the devil" might possess a person, the priest replied (and I paraphrase) "blah blah blah....and those that go to seances and do that 'New Age' stuff".
     Though I have never been to a seance, I "do that New Age stuff"!
      Aha! I need to be exorcised because.....wait, I have to stop until my head turns completely around and is back on the screen.....I am possessed!
      Yuuck....just spit green stuff all over the screen!
      Aujourd'hui notre classe a ete plus interessante...wait a minute, I'm writing in some language I don't know.
      As soon as I float back down from the ceiling, I will continue on.....there we go!
      Now, how can a man, a priest no less, be that dumb? How can he, in good conscience, attempt to frighten so many people? How can he deride things which are either derivative or part and parcel of the fundamental beliefs of the RC Church?
     No comment necessary...just thought you all would like to read something amusing, but somehow sad at the same time.
     Excuse me, there is someone at the door....why, it is Father Merrin, and he keeps throwing water on me! Well, he is either going to exorcise me or drown me, whichever comes first.........

Peace and New Age Love,
Marty and Protestant Cats

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 11/26/2007 8:50 AM (#3017 - in reply to #3012)
Subject: RE: Don't Need No Doctor...Need An Exorcist!

PhD Alumni

The man was raised old world style. His subconscious doesn't really understand reality of the possibility they he was lied to.

ROFL Marty, I have been dealing with this stuff for ohhhhhh so long. You would be amazed how many people who call themselves demonologists, proclaim a haunting to be demonic. These demonologists then go around telling people that they are dealing with the devil himself. Meanwhile scaring the heck out of these people, who most likely just have an old creeky home, or perhaps a ghost is likes to be ornery.

Imagine this: You are raised a very strict religion. You couldn't live up to being perfect. You have been told your going to hell many times. You die...... But you decide to NOT cross over, due to being told and really believing you deserve hell. You now remain a ghost for years, not realizing that it's always been your own choice to be healed and let yourself be loved again.

Why someone would choose this type of religion on purpose is beyond me..... BUT, to each his own.
I just hope religions would open up their minds and let people be a little less perfect. It's impossible to be perfect while human.
I do realize the system is to install some morals, but don't we all automatically strive to better ourselves?

Anyway, I agree that it's hokey and overkill..... but i was told I was possessed back in 1996. I had a metaphysical store and people actually came in and started reading the bible out loud to me. It didn't make me mad, but I thought how rude to push their own belief system on me. I sat and argued with the man saying that because I am not a Christian does not make me a devil worshiper. As if..... I don't believe in any devil. He then told me that i needed to be reborn..... I told him that he needed to be my first sacrifice. He MUST be a virgin, right? Of course he left..... HA HA HA and I just laughed and laughed.

Had he got to know me personally at all.... he would have known better. But i did scare him easily with his own belief system.

I am right there with ya,
HUGS

Omjah
Posted 11/27/2007 6:10 PM (#3035 - in reply to #3012)

UMS Guest

Thank you mruppert. hah! Sometimes we take ourselves far too seriously.
danny.israel
Posted 11/28/2007 12:20 AM (#3036 - in reply to #3012)

Student

I found your post very funny haha,

but,

I feel pretty good about exorcising negative thought patterns, and at first i thought the title was referring to a serious statement, as in doctors not solving the problem at the root, only the surface symptoms which are coming from the real problem. Also, is it possible to say the devil is negative thought patterns?

with so much love.
mruppert
Posted 11/29/2007 12:39 AM (#3051 - in reply to #3012)

Hi DannyIz:
     Unlike the "dybbuk" or other names given to one or more malicious spirits in various religions, the RC's truly believe in the presence of "THE" devil, Lucifer.
     The "Roman Rite" has a chapter on exorcism....giving the priest specific instructions as to the "how to" of ridding a possessed person of him. One of the first things you do is ask the name of who is possessing the afflicted person.
     Sure, I made fun of what the guy, the priest, said.
     For two reasons:
     1) He is an ignorant man who has no clue as to what possession really is, even though he is an "experienced" exorcist, and narrowed it down, for RC's, into believing in things like metaphysics and seances and new age philosophies.
      2) The one that made the RC Church famous, the book and the movie, "The Exorcist".....the kid was not a girl but was a boy, and he was not Catholic, he was Lutheren, and went to a church on Rhode Island Avenue, in Mount Rainier, Maryland, very close to where I used to live. The Lutheren minister called in the help of a RC priest, since he simply could NOT deal with what was going on in the house on 33rd Street, Mount Rainier, MD. Yeah, you can Google it, it is real! It was the 4400 block of 33rd Street. The house is gone, it burnt down very mysteriously. My sister was married by the very same priest who responded to the original plea for help at St. Johns Parish, also on Rhode Island Avenue.
     The exorcism that the RC's performed, was close to the movie, but wound up to be nothing like the movie. It took several years, and was finally culminated in a monastery in Missouri.
     So much for movies and so much for religion.
      Some are "sensitive" to these kinds of things...e.g. my erstwhile bride and the female companion of our party would absolutely not go onto the abandoned property, and both women started to cry when we ventured forth. Larry abandoned the exploration when he wanted to have a ciggie, and I had no lighter or matches. But in the rear of the house(along side) I looked into a garage that had a beautiful Packard or DeSoto car, and wondered why anyone would leave this behind!
     Should anyone visit this part of the country, please look me up....I will show you the scenes from the movie ....in Georgetown, and we can even drink a beer in "the Tombs" , the pub below the restaurant "1789" near the Georgetown Univerisity(Jesuits)  campus. Then we might take a ride towards Catholic U  and beyond into Mount Rainier, and see the actual places that caused "possession" to assume the popularity that it has, even unto today.
Peace in the name of the Rose Cross,
Marty, Luckylee (angry) Poppyhead (victimized) 'n' SissyGirl (instigator)

danny.israel
Posted 11/29/2007 1:30 AM (#3052 - in reply to #3012)

Student

haha wow! that's quite amazing
debsceleb
Posted 3/13/2008 12:00 PM (#3812 - in reply to #3017)

HI THIS IS TO SUPERNATURAL 3,WHO TOLD U YOU WERE POSSESSED,AND WHHAT MADE U THINK SO
Supernatural3
Posted 3/17/2008 12:56 AM (#3840 - in reply to #3012)

PhD Alumni

Been accused of it many times, Because of having a metaphysical shop. It's by those who do not have a clue what they are saying. Never once did I say I believed them, or concurred with their feelings. There are many things that sometimes one just considers the source and moves on about one's own business.
debsceleb
Posted 3/21/2008 5:25 PM (#3937 - in reply to #3840)

personaly,i beleive in negative forces,just as i do positive forces,or spirits.I do beleive this can cause a lot of destruction,as there has to be a balance in the universe,there is good and bad,at the moment the balance is disturbd,swaying to the bad side,we need more spiritusl beleifs,to restore balance,i myself have been a victim of negative forces,i am a very positive person,but what i experienced was bad,and i did call someone in from the univerity of paranormal phenomena,not quite their right name,but it was a while ago,i told them nothing of what was happening,or which room,but they instanlly pinpointed it,and confirmed what i knew,by research of my own.You can feel the energies inside some buildings,as soon as you enter,be it good or bad,same with people,stand next to someone,you can tell what they give off,and so on.even in hospitals,some doctors are natural healing they have a calling,some are just ego personified,i spent months in hospital with my 16yr old daughter,who had a rare disease,and sadly passed,but i took her home for her last months,she was so depressed in hospital,and the doctors were continuously arguing among themselves as to who was right or wrong,as to what she had,they made so many mistakes,i feel no bitterness towards any,but because they have degrees,they think they are god,and their word goes,we as mere patients,numbers,bodies whatever,have no say,i saw a lot,and was disgusted,so many souls being buried,with a story to tell about their mistakes,hope they return,and sort them out,a white coat,and stethoscope does not make one a genius,love and compassion,and a true desire to help those suffering,are heroes,most are look at me,egotistic types,i study people,a pas time,to observe brings much enlightenment,love to all
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software