University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What does thirteen mean ?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

whitelion342
Posted 11/12/2007 5:45 AM (#2878)
Subject: What does thirteen mean ?

Hey everybody,
Ive been experiencing number thirteen everywhere, its driving me justa lil dilly,Its been on car numberplates, adds on billboards,everywhere, i know that i might have created tha, but clearky there must been some kind of reason for it...
Might there be anybody who would be able to tell me of the meaning ?
I would be very greatfull
thanx
Love and light

Funny, it started ever since ive been pondring about the healing centre in South Africa

aurora

Edited by whitelion342 11/12/2007 5:51 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Aquarius
Posted 11/12/2007 9:15 AM (#2880 - in reply to #2878)
Subject: RE: What does thirteen mean ?

UMS Guest

I can tell you about the meaning of the number 13 numerologically. It consists of the 1 = the Sun and Leo, as well as the 3 = Jupiter and Sagittarius. When one brings both figures together, i.e. 1+3=4, its energy changes to that of Uranus and Aquarius.

My intuitive feeling is that the probable reason why you are encountering the number 13 wherever you look is that you are at present strongly under the influence of the above mentioned energies. Now, if you were willing to let me have by private e-mail your birth details, date, time and place of birth, I could check this out for you. And that could be an interesting study for both of us. What do you think? With Love and Light – Aquarius

whitelion342
Posted 11/13/2007 12:01 AM (#2885 - in reply to #2878)

Hey there,
I would love to give you the details, its always a learning curve
whitelion342@gmail.com
will send you the details..
thanks
Blessed Be
mruppert
Posted 11/13/2007 12:24 AM (#2886 - in reply to #2878)

Hi Lion:
    Whatever significance the dreams may have, do not let the number, in and of itself, be in any way a factor.
     We have made that particular number a taboo...quite unwarrented. Friday the 13th! An unlucky day! Well, now, you get a few people who have something bad happen, and you have the makings of an institutionalized taboo!
      It is a prime number, and that is all I can say about it!
      As for your dreams, I am Jungian in philospophy, and therefore, very deeply involved in dream analysis. So, from a Jungian perspective, what would be asked is that you see 13 prominently, but what is behind that? What lurks behind the prominent image that you see?
       As those that study Jung know, "dreams always say what they mean, we just don't understand the language they speak".

Power to the People, Peace Out,
Marty
Dancer
Posted 11/13/2007 1:25 AM (#2887 - in reply to #2878)

UMS Student

According to my Angel Numbers book:
"Ascended masters ask you to stay positive and give them any fears or doubts that they can heal and transmute. This number also means the sacred feminine, the goddess, and the intuitive side, as there are 13 moon cycles in a year."

Hope that resonates with you.
Blessings.
mruppert
Posted 11/13/2007 2:28 PM (#2896 - in reply to #2878)

Hi Aw Rorh Ah:
     "It was Stagger Lee and Billy,
Two men who gambled late.
Stagger Lee threw a seven,
Billy swore that he threw eight."
     In this song sung by Lloyd Price, the numbers seven and eight took on mythical proportions...and the mention of 4 by Aquarius is a bit coincidental since Stagger Lee went after Billy with a "blue steel .44".
     The numbers only have meaning in context of how they are used. It is true, that numbers, i.e, maths, lead to elegant truths...but that is in recognition of the plan and order of the universe. A little clue for us, a red herring maybe?
     The 13 is the mechanism that the subconscious used to make you recall the dreams. It, in and of itself, is not the purpose or content of the dreams. Simply a way to tell you that the content is significant.
Just my humble opinion, but based on a life long study of dreams and dreaming...

Peace and Love,
Marty

whitelion342
Posted 11/14/2007 1:08 AM (#2900 - in reply to #2896)

Hello Marty,everybody...
Cheers for that,Thought maybe you would like to know,
Ever since ive posted this, ive been literally walking in between the spirit realm, now i do recall perhaps something that Don Juan mentioned, i can feel it, though my mind cant access it..Im also very out of present time, not so good when your driving..
You know those little globes with water in it, when you shake it, and the flakes come slowly down, now thats exactly it..
Somehow, i kinda like it, it gives me a kinda clarity when i paint, mexico, the colours are drawing me fiercely..
It wasnt really the number that freaked me out just that it kept popping up,and now im in this dream state..
All my love
Blessed Be
aur
mruppert
Posted 11/17/2007 3:08 AM (#2923 - in reply to #2900)

Hi Arrrrrrrrrrr.......
     Just when I thought I was a strong, unflappable Jungian, you are giving me Freud....
"ive been literally walking in between the spirit realm, Im also very out of present time, ,and now im in this dream state.."

Snips from your post, but words (except for the tense changes) that Freud uses taken from the novelette, the fancy, called Gradiva, by Wilhelm Jensen, which he recounted in it's entirety in his treatise called "Delusion and Dream".
I can tell you the down and dirty conclusion of what your dreams mean, but it would not do justice to "your" dreams, and only be a generalization based on known patterns that Freud went on to develop in "the Interpretation of Dreams" (which I in most parts disagree with, as I favor Jung and the more mystical symbolisms).
     And, please tell me that this is not a bait held out by an  honors student in psychology? The pattern is classic, and if it is real, I'd like to know that it truly is.

Peace Profound, sleep and dreams,
Marty, and 'fraidy cats Luckylee, Poppyhead and SissyGirl, whom don't like thunder.
Aquarius
Posted 11/17/2007 2:29 PM (#2932 - in reply to #2878)

UMS Guest

Dear Marty - each number has a different vibration; as I work with them constantly, I can certainly verify the truth of this. It's not mere fog-knitting - the same as astrology isn't. Not for nothing has it been called the Divine Science. By the way, a long time ago astronomy and astrology were one. Here is what I found on Wikipedia about it.

Historically, most cultures have not made a clear distinction between the two disciplines, lumping them both together as one. In ancient Babylonia, famed for its astrology, there were not separate roles for the astronomer as predictor of celestial phenomena, and the astrologer as their interpreter; both functions were performed by the same person. This overlap does not mean that astrology and astronomy were always regarded as one and the same. In ancient Greece, presocratic thinkers such as Anaximander, Xenophanes, Anaximenes, and Heraclides speculated about the nature and substance of the stars and planets. Astronomers such as Eudoxus – contemporary with Plato – observed planetary motions and cycles, and created a geocentric cosmological model that would be accepted by Aristotle.

This model generally lasted until Ptolemy, who added epicycles to explain certain motions. The Platonic school promoted the study of astronomy as a part of philosophy because the motions of the heavens demonstrate an orderly and harmonious cosmos. In the third century B.C.E., Babylonian astrology began to make its presence felt in Greece. Astrology was criticized by Hellenistic philosophers such as the Academic Skeptic Carneades and Middle Stoic Panaetius. However, the notions of the Great Year –when all the planets complete a full cycle and return to their relative positions – and eternal recurrence were Stoic doctrines that made divination and fatalism possible.

While the Greek words astrologia and astronomia were often used interchangeably, they were conceptually not the same. Both words more often than not referred to astronomy. The words for astrology proper, were more typically apotelesma and katarkhê.

The earliest to differentiate between the terms astronomy and astrology was Isidore of Seville in the 7th century, while the earliest semantic distinction between astronomy and astrology was given by the Persian astronomer and astrologer Abu Rayhan al-Biruni circa 1000.

Astrology was widely accepted in the Middle Ages as astrological texts from Hellenistic and Arabic astrologers were translated into Latin. In the late Middle Ages, its acceptance or rejection often depended on its reception in the royal courts of Europe. Not until the time of Francis Bacon was astrology rejected as a part of scholastic metaphysics rather than empirical observation. A more definitive split between astrology and astronomy the West took place gradually in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, when astrology was increasingly thought of as an occult science or superstition by the intellectual elite. Because of their lengthy shared history, it sometimes happens that the two are confused with one another even today. Many contemporary astrologers, however, do not claim that astrology is a science, but think of it as a form of divination like the I-Ching, an art, or a part of a spiritual belief structure – influenced by trends such as Neoplatonism, Neopaganism, Theosophy, and Hinduism.

Is that learned enough for you, Marty? Thought you might enjoy that. With Love and Light – Aquarius

mruppert
Posted 11/18/2007 2:40 AM (#2933 - in reply to #2932)

HiAqwah:
     You know it is!
     Sitting right here on my desk is "The Pre-Socratic Philosophers" by Kirk, Raven and Schofield, 2nd ed. It would be nice if I could read ancient Greek, but I can't and must rely on the footnotes. Wiki seems to have done a very good job, since a lot of stuff in the "wiki"pedia is misinterpreted, misinformed, and sometimes just plain wrong.
     But, the interpretation of dreams is psychology. A "soft" science, but still a science just the same. The manifestation of dreams may, at times, come from without, but the meaning is always from within.

Peace n' luv,
Marty, and Rapid Eye Movement cats
Gabriela Sampson
Posted 11/18/2007 4:57 PM (#2936 - in reply to #2878)

New user

Hi Whitelion

The meaning of this number that seems to be occuring everywhere "for your eyes only" depends on 2 things: your personal association with the number and the "healing centre in South Africa".

Let's analyze the first aspect. What kind of conotation does this number has in your mind? Is it a symbol of luck and good chances or is it a "sign" of misfortune and bad happenings?

About the second aspect, I can only suggest you analyze the real reason you want to get involved with the healing centre, as you did not write anything about its meaning to you, so I could not give write any comment on it.

You, most probably, are in a state of uncertainty about this centre event (you may want to travel there to study or to get healing yourself or work as a healer there...I do not know) but as it is important to you and you may not have all the info you need in order to take a decision, you rely upon external sources of info and advice that can help you take a decision, even more than that, you need "the right decision". That is why you have also posted your question here.

So, if you think 13 is a luck number then you will go ahead with the necessary about the centre, but if you think it is unfortunate, you will hesitate and not proceed with the thought about the centre, this 2nd alternative being a safe one, because you will blame the number for not accomplishing the goal ("I knew it would not be the right thing to do as the number was coming up everywhere before going...it was a warning...etc...etc")

I think you really want to go ahead but you are somehow scared of this future plan. But one cannot have the boat tied up in the harbour and travel and discover the world at the same time.

I do not know your circumstances or plans but my advice, if you want to read it, is "go for it". This healing centre must be important to you, otherwise you would not have it in your life, even if only as a thought at the moment.

Good luck.

whitelion342
Posted 11/19/2007 6:10 AM (#2944 - in reply to #2923)

Martyyyiii,
Hello, i have to say you truly do me great honor, but no such luck in any honorary studying field..
Only me and my thoughts,So have you returned back from the realm a bit,looks like were taking turns..?
Im a bit more settled now..the moon...need i say more(heh)..Please let me hear what your dream interpretation is,i would love to here from you, would you mind perhaps emailing it to me.Like you i do take dreams seriously..And the interpretation comes to me also in visions,feelings, when i deal with who ever comes to me..Each being has the same dream,but it will always be a diffrent meaning ..
Cheers to your kitties
Love and light
aurora
whitelion342
Posted 11/19/2007 6:36 AM (#2945 - in reply to #2936)

Hello Gabriela ,
Thanx for your insightful answer, number 13 is very good omen for me..and yes i have the healing very much close to my heart..I know im going for it all the way..the road is not as bumpy as it thought it was...
Thanx
Love and light
Aurora
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software