University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Questions About UMS -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Order Of Degrees
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Questions About UMSMessage format

BigMatt
Posted 11/2/2007 6:04 PM (#2815)
Subject: Order Of Degrees

Should on get the Bachelor then Masters then PHD?

Or can I go straight to PHD?

I'm not sure what I Want to do career wise as a metaphyscian but I know i wanna work in this area.

What should I do?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 11/2/2007 7:28 PM (#2816 - in reply to #2815)
Subject: RE: Order Of Degrees

PhD Alumni

I am posting what i know, i am a graduate of UMS.

One cannot get a PhD without the Masters and one cannot get a Masters without the Bachelors.

So it must go in order.... Associates (2yr), Bachelors (4yr), Masters (6yr) then Doctorate (PhD or DD)(7+yrs)
The years i placed here are the average (accredited) college years, which does not apply here. This school does not work by credit hours. This college also bi-passes the Associates degree. Unless that changes.

I do have good news.... I was accepted at Liberty University to now work on my Masters in Arts of Marriage & Family Therapy (Psychotherapy). My credits from this college did get me at least a Bachelors. I only had an Associates from ITT-Tech.
That is great news for UMS. My courses were recognized by a government accredited College. I did not have to go and finish my undergraduate degree, they considered me a graduate. WHOOHOO!

Thank you UMS.
Paul Spalek
Posted 11/23/2007 6:53 PM (#3000 - in reply to #2815)
Subject: RE: Order Of Degrees

UMS Student

For UMS

You cannot go straight to Ph.D/Doctorate

You are required to work through Bachelor's & Masters before working on your Ph.D

A Bachelors & Masters from another school, Metaphysical or Secular does not qualify for skipping these Ba & Ma, though they will most certinally help in working through the coursework.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software