University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ghosts and Hauntings
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 10/3/2007 12:11 AM (#2630)
Subject: Ghosts and Hauntings

Hi all:
     I am FINALLY (I have never been) going to go to a meeting of an organization that I belong to, Maryland Chapter of American Mensa, since the featured speakers at the monthly meeting are members of SIGHT, Scientific Investigation of Ghosts and Hauntings Team, based in Hagerstown, MD.
     Quoting from my monthly mag...."dedicated and committed to the research, investigation, and documentation of ghostly phenomena. My mag says that more info on the group is found at http://callsight.net.
     If the meeting follows its usual course (and, again, I don't know since I only read summaries, and have never been) there is a Q&A session after the presentation. This is usually where Mensans (much to my shame) make fun of speakers as Mensans believe they are of superior intelligence, and know all the answers.
     Anyway, the purpose of this post is to ask if there are any of you who would like to ask a question of this team, and I will ask whatever question for you. I will then report back the answer, and also the "official" Mensan version of the meeting, when the next monthly mag arrives in my postal mailbox.
     So that you can know the bias beforehand, there is one special interest group of the two regional Mensas (Washington+Viriginia, and Maryland) , dealing in parapsychology, and that group is in Washington+Virginia. Their meetings say "phone ....... or use your ESP to reserve by". It is a very small group that meets at someones apartment, I can't mention names.
     Generally, Mensans scoff at what "we" think, and love to make fun of "us". I say this because I do believe that ghosts exist, and I do believe that places, times and objects are haunted. That is probably why I shun Mensan meetings, they think they are soooo smart, but they are not that smart at all!
     That is why I would like to pose questions from this community, which "knows" better than they do.
      The meeting is October 19th, so please post before then.
If any of you are in my area, I can bring you as guests. It is at Stillmeadow Church, south of Baltimore, in Catonsville, home of the "Catonsville Nine".....those that opposed a very unpopular war.....which we LOST!
Peace, and only Peace, from one who fought,
Marty
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 10/5/2007 10:29 AM (#2638 - in reply to #2630)
Subject: RE: Ghosts and Hauntings

PhD Alumni

I wouldn't think anyone in paranormal organizations would treat anyone lower than them. That tells me right there that they are full of ego and shadow. The paranormal realm has no FACTS only theory. Even the so-called science of proof, isn't really enough proof. Someone will say it was spoofed.

I have been collecting proof (or trying to) since 1993 with my own organization. We don't think we know it all, we have our own theories, but other theories are welcome. I personally do not believe in demons, but do have a theory about negative energy, ego and hurt, lost, confused thought energy.

Ask them what their take on demonic activity is? How do they go about dealing with such cases, and what is their primary belief system when it comes to religion?

The paranormal belief system has everything to do with religion, so having a background knowledge about where they are coming from will basically expose what religion they have been programmed to. It helps you understand where they are coming from, and why they feel the way they do, with out saying it's right or wrong, since there is no real right or wrong.

Make sense?
Most of all, have fun with it.
Blessings~
NothingEverything
Posted 10/6/2007 8:17 AM (#2642 - in reply to #2630)

UMS Student

Hi Marty!
Thank you for presenting this opportunity!
But every question I've ever had, wasn't.
Ever fond,
James
mruppert
Posted 10/9/2007 1:32 AM (#2645 - in reply to #2630)

Hi all, and particularly Doc J:
     Amongst what I think will be a hostile crowd, I will ask your questions. Again, I must tell you that I believe that they (the ghost hunters) will be subjected to ridicule and made fun of, as I will most probably be, since I believe quite similarly as you and the ghost hunters do.
     But, I don't care, as I have no use for "smart " people who are, ultimately, very stupid.
      Now, I am sure that others have questions...where are you ghost hunters?????? Speak up as I am going into the Lions Den and need your support!
Peace and Phantasm,
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 10/9/2007 1:22 PM (#2654 - in reply to #2630)

PhD Alumni

Here is another HUGE red flag with this groups services:
---------------------------------------------------
* Consultation: FREE
* Interview: FREE
* Investigation: Hagerstown City Limits - $10.00 Minimum
Outside City Limits - Base of $10.00 + $1.00 per mile
(Investigation Includes 1 Framed Certificate)
* Report Copies: $25.00 (Includes Forms, Recordings, Pictures on Disc, etc.)
* Certificate: FREE with Investigation (Extra Copy $10.00)
* Ghost Tours: $10.00/Person (Groups of 6 to 35)
* Lectures/Workshops: $15.00/Person (3 Hour Tutorial - Groups of 10 or More)

(Cash, Checks & Money Orders Accepted)

(Please No Credit Cards)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
They CHARGE.... Which is a huge "no no" in the field of paranormal investigations. Many groups out there will be infuriated at that very thing alone. This is also building themselves up for a lawsuit.

I could see them asking for donations, but they are not a corporation, or a business. There is nothing on the site what so ever claiming a state license number to be able to charge for investigations. Does everyone charge separately? Or is their an office, from which only the office owner gets the funds? Do other members get any compensation for gas mileage since they charge for this?

The bottom line problem is: They cannot provide the client 100% proof either way, so it's considered fraudulent or a scam if they charge for the investigation. If they wish to take donations, that is their right and it should be worded that way. It does cost a lot of money to do this type of work and I agree that it shouldn't be done for free, but the client should never have to PAY anyone to come in and make claims one way or the other when it's something they cannot prove one way or the other. There are too many other possible causes. Even EVPs can be caused from other means. Like picking up from a nearby frequency of a radio, TV or other people in the home. My own group thought we got many EVP's.... yet when listening, we found several that were just heavy breathing, or someone else's voice, or someone in another room, which carried through a vent, or air duct, etc. It's just too hard to prove 100%, we just don't have the science down enough to be considered good enough.

What does the Certificate say- Officially Haunted? By who's authority? What a hoot..... I get "red flags" in the belly like crazy here. Anyone else?

Please tell them just to change their charges to donations... it will be more credible and legitimate.

To back my own claims when i do a FREE investigation is: I give TWO different results when investigating a home. Spiritually and Scientifically. I have only had ONE case in 14 years that scientifically gave me enough evidence to convince only those around the event of being positive, others that weren't there said "yeah right". The rest i had to say Spiritually (psychically) i feel one way(in most cases positive), and scientifically- it's inconclusive in most cases.

Even Metaphysical studies are not accepted in the science world, and guess what, it's the science world that takes the reigns in this world, at least physically. While us Metaphysicians snicker in the background, knowing that we know more, and are enlightened due to it, while science is a huge nervous wreck. Our world is coming closer and closer to accepting spiritual knowledge is real. But for now... it's unethical to charge for a service that cannot be proved to someone who wasn't present.

I am in contact with at least 770+ other paranormal groups, all who bicker about charging clients. Key word... Donation.
I also an a radio personality and inverview a different groups each week.... feel free to listen to our goofy show, it's serious yet funny. but we have all kinds of people who have been doing this for years let it all out. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/top-org
mruppert
Posted 10/12/2007 2:22 AM (#2677 - in reply to #2630)
Subject: RE: Ghosts and Hauntings-REVISITED

Hi all and "You Rock" Doc:
     You have done my homework for me....THANKS!
     I got caught up in one way of thinking, and never sought to question the group that I thought needed defending. Hmmm...that is a big mistake on my part. I haven't even looked at the website.
     Doc's done a lot of work, and she raises some pertinent issues. Plus, she has some expertise in this field.
     Anybody else do this? Please....say something!
Supernatural3
Posted 10/12/2007 10:19 AM (#2680 - in reply to #2677)
Subject: RE: Ghosts and Hauntings-REVISITED

PhD Alumni

mruppert - 2007-10-12 2:22 AM

Hi all and "You Rock" Doc:
You have done my homework for me....THANKS!
I got caught up in one way of thinking, and never sought to question the group that I thought needed defending. Hmmm...that is a big mistake on my part. I haven't even looked at the website.
Doc's done a lot of work, and she raises some pertinent issues. Plus, she has some expertise in this field.
Anybody else do this? Please....say something!

Aww Shucks Marty, Thank You~
I still don't know much when it comes to proof positive, but i know the ropes as far as running a group. Just listen to your gut.
~BIG HUGS~
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software