University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wizardry with Light
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 9/13/2007 11:48 PM (#2581)
Subject: Wizardry with Light

Hello all: this is just a heads up for those that are interested, as I know some of you are not inclined to the magic of what we will hear. Also, you would have to be in proximity of Washington, DC.
The Carnegie Institution for Science (who sponsers many lectures) will present Dr. Lene Hau, who will give a talk about "Wizardy with Light: Freeze, Teleport and Go!"
In this lecture, you will learn how physicists slow light down to our speed (appx 15-30 mph) in clouds of atoms cooled with lasers to a few billionths of a degree above absolute zero. Dr. Hau has stopped and extinguished a light pulse in one part of space, and revived it in a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LOCATION. As the literature states,"in the process, light is turned into matter and then back to light". For those of you old enough to remember, this gives a new meaning to "beam me up, Scotty".
The lecture will be given on March 20, 2008. Anyone who is interested, and in the area, please contact me privately, and we might make a "group" effort. Oh, I must add that there is NO COST to attend the lecture, it is totally free. Almost always, there is no problem with seating, unless a very large group of Wiccans and Mensans show up.
A lecture on Transformation a few years ago, was attended by a large number of Wiccans, and we went back to the home of one, and I drank copious quantities of Mead Wine, brewed in Maryland. But, that is another story.
Peace to you all,
Marty

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software