University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> If You Are a UMS Student, Read This -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using your UMS Degree to become a published author
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> If You Are a UMS Student, Read ThisMessage format

laurelsherer
Posted 9/7/2007 2:28 PM (#2569)
Subject: Using your UMS Degree to become a published author

UMS Students,

We have recently had request from prospective students for feedback from students who wish to become or have become published authors. Would you please share your experiences and opinions about how your UMS degrees will or have helped you in this endeavor. Thank you for your help.---UMS Staff
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 9/8/2007 1:36 AM (#2572 - in reply to #2569)
Subject: RE: Using your UMS Degree to become a published author

PhD Alumni

I have published my own Dissertation, as a course for basic training in paranormal investigations. I have already trained quite a few people. I published it on LuLu.com, because it didn't cost anything. However, i am currently writing a book. I will tell more about it later i am only on Chapter 4. I am also currently in school (two of them) One of them is about over and that was to continue sinking deeper into Hypnotherapy. The other is so i can become licensed in the state of Ohio to be a MMFT (Masters in Marriage Family Therapy)I am only doing this so that i am able to collect Insurance for hypnotherapy / counseling type services, so that people who need it, can afford it. My current book is not very Metaphysically related, but it will have a lot of metaphysical reasoning through out it, because it's about my life.

I can say one thing, I live my life a lot more responsibly now, because i found that i create it all. Same as all you fine folks.
NewBalancech
Posted 2/26/2009 1:38 PM (#13972 - in reply to #2569)

Student

It has been in my heart as of recent to write a children's book. I have not published anything yet and could use some guidance as to how to get started.... (after writing the book of course! LOL...). Thanks so much!

Christina
Supernatural3
Posted 2/26/2009 1:44 PM (#13973 - in reply to #2569)

PhD Alumni

I can only offer what I know. Here is a friend of mine that was on my metaphysical talk show last week. She offered her publishing services here. Feel free to check it out.

I am also writing. One day I will actually finish.... long journey but doing it anyway. LOL

Cheers to your success~

NewBalancech
Posted 3/10/2009 8:39 PM (#14061 - in reply to #13973)

Student

~J~

Thanks so much for your input. I have always wanted to write! I used to write poetry non-stop as a teen, then life kinda got in the way. I have started writing again and this is something that I think I'm going to do at some point. Any input will help as I don't really know how to go about that stuff.

Cheers to you as well!
Christina
Katrina
Posted 4/24/2009 5:41 PM (#14639 - in reply to #2569)

Student

DocJ - how is your book coming along?
Supernatural3
Posted 4/25/2009 11:02 AM (#14645 - in reply to #2569)

PhD Alumni

Due to my career change, and so much going on, my book as been somewhat sitting on the back burner. This is temporary and I will start writing again, when I don't have to do so much. My hypnotherapy practice is booming. It's also wedding season... My daughter is having a baby and her shower that I am throwing is tomorrow. I have to perform a wedding first, then book it to her shower to blow up balloons and decorate. Nothing like booking myself to the max.

I also am in charge of my class reunion this year, which means I have so much to do for that as well. We have about 320 graduates from my school. I hope I can find them all. Whew... it will all work out.

Thanks for asking.... I will get back to it.... I promise.
Absolute Sovereigncy
Posted 6/3/2009 10:32 PM (#15195 - in reply to #14061)

Student

Hi NewBalancech,

Just start writing. You can't go wrong. You'll know if its good. You can always start over at any moment.

Peace is within, and so are the answers,

Absolute Sovereigncy
metagirl
Posted 1/6/2010 5:53 PM (#18616 - in reply to #13972)

Alumni

If you are interested in self-publishing, you can check out Outskirts Press. I am looking at publishing some poetry soon and I will likely be using them. I like that you get to choose your package/services and most of all you keep all the rights to your work. They have pretty good distribution sources if you go with some of the higher end packages. Just Google Outskirts Press if you are interested in learning more. Best wishes with your book! Peace and Blessings.
Louise
Posted 4/12/2010 5:01 PM (#19307 - in reply to #18616)

UMS Student

I agree - the process has already started for you so write away! I am 3/4 the way through my first book - the idea has been nurtured since 2004 when I wrote in my journal how much I wanted to be a writer and record a 'journey' of something. It will be self-published with a New Zealand company by the end of the year. I wrote segments and journal entries over the four years of studying with UMS since I wasn't really sure what form it would take - it emerged over time - and the structure and content developed to a ppint I was ready to 'assemble'. So - allow the process and enjoy - however long it takes...

The degree will be significant as establishing you as a credible writer - depending on whether you are approaching mainstream publishers. You don't of course need credibility so my friendly suggestion is not to get caught up in credentials - I've been there..ask Emily Bronte what her credentials were (maybe she had formal credentials??). The real benefit of the degree is that you are far more likely to find your authentic voice and confidence in who you are - which is far more important and far more likely to establish yourself as a successful author.

A great book to read is The Right to Write by Julia Cameron..

And as A Course in Miracles says: forget not, once the journey has begun, the ending is certain (or something to that effect).

Louise

Edited by Louise 4/12/2010 5:07 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software