University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

oscar the cat
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

soulfire
Posted 7/26/2007 1:06 PM (#2404)
Subject: oscar the cat

Alumni

I saw this on the news last night and wanted to get the metaphysical perspective here. Marty, this is for you, too.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959718/

So, I think this cat is energetically sensitive to these types of situations and probably feels it is his calling to help people cross over. What is your take on it?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
AmeM
Posted 7/26/2007 4:15 PM (#2406 - in reply to #2404)
Subject: RE: oscar the cat

I like this article and think that many animals are very sensitive to energy. However, I don't necessarily like them calling him the "Grim Reaper" or the "Harbringer of Death." It just shows what a negative view death has in our society. Anyway, if dogs are trained to sniff cancer and help warn people who are about to have a seizure, there's no reason a cat can't tell when someone's energy has changed and they are about to pass on.

I have a friend who believes that animals like this (this isn't the first story I've heard like this) aren't sensing the passing person's energy (or the slowing down of that energy). She adamantly believes that a person's guides or angels are near the person during their final hours, sending love and energy to help the person pass to their next adventure in a quiet and calm way. This, she says, is why the animals draw near- they are attracted to the angels' energies, which are soothing and healing. That always gives me something to think about.
mruppert
Posted 7/27/2007 11:17 PM (#2416 - in reply to #2404)

Ohhhh.....thanks so much Soulfire and AMEN, AmeM!
     Don't be too upset, AmeM, news is 90% sensational, and 10% about what really is happening. Headlines and keywords grab attention of the reader.
     Yes, I object to the dark connotations; as much as I cringe when people tell me they had to have their dog "put down"....what the heck is that supposed to mean? But, I won't go there, as it really bothers me. No, I will go there for a moment, only a moment.....I hear "We had Flopsy put down because she had severe arthritis." So, I ask, "and will you have Grandpa 'put down' because he has severe arthritis"? Okay...I stop right now!!!!
     Rarely, but fatefully I see one of my cats pass on to wherever cats go when they  can no longer survive in their current bodies. The other cats know what is happening, and I know what is happening, by physical manifestations, and by eye to eye contact.
     I will use their names...I am not ashamed....Poppyhead (even though she is old) has a strong attachment to her mom Luckylee  and never was really close to GirlySue, who was ancient by comparision. When GirlySue was within her last month with me, Poppyhead began to lay next to her, and purr with her. So, I knew that the end was coming. And, in a few weeks, GirlySue was no longer with me.
     When I feed them, they walk around where GirlySue used to eat, as if she were still there. No one sits in her favorite place (atop my easychair).
      I, for one, would welcome a cat or cats  letting me know that my time has grown short, and that he or she (and it probably will be my shes) will be with me as my guides to the end of this life and the start of another.
      Starting life highly allergic to them; their beauty, grace, poise, intelligence, and particulary their sensitivity has won me over, and I cannot imagine being without them. Even if they do break my stuff, knock down my books, make me read certain books (see some other posts), eat my plants, and get hair all over everything!!!!!!!!!!!
Love and Peace,
Marty

soulfire
Posted 7/30/2007 12:46 PM (#2435 - in reply to #2416)

Alumni

I agree with you, Ame. I'm glad to see someone with the same take on it as I.

Marty- as always - ROTFL on the cat antics, but they make life SO much richer and enjoyable. My kitty we originally thought was a shorthair, but when he got healthy (rescued from near dead) he blossomed into a very long hair beautiful and very proud-of-his-long-tail kitty. I thought I would have allergy probs, since I'm slightly allergic (can't be away for more than 48h). But we've happily adapted. DH has taken to calling him the fur factory, since our entire house has an overlay of long fur. :p
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software