University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Big Picture???
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Eirepetra
Posted 7/22/2007 3:02 AM (#2339 - in reply to #2295)
Subject: RE: The Big Picture???

Elizabeth Ann,
just passing something on - I just read an article in Scientific American by Seth lloyd and Y. Jack Ng. entitled "black hole COMPUTERS"
it is very interesting and has given me more food for thought. I really don't know all the answers and I know there are greater scientific minds than mine, I will incorporate their ideas into my thoughts. Their article suggests that through Physics and Information Theory, matter could possibly have a computing ability. It's a long article and if you are interested in it and cannot find a copy, perhaps I can scan and send to you. ( is that copyright infringement? )
The implication for me is that the universe could have intelligence or a Universal mind in your language.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 7/22/2007 4:44 AM (#2340 - in reply to #2339)

UMS Student

Eirepetra, just an aside on tinnitus, my training in nutritional medicine views this as a mineral deficiency and I also see this ailment as not listening to the Universe. Tinnitus can be very distressing for those who suffer from it.

Talking of mineral deficiencies in iridology there is a sign named an assimilation ring. This appears like an orange halo around the pupil. The problem is that the body is not assimilating nutrients fully; this sign also shows me that the person concerned has a healing ability; the more pronounced the greater the ability. They may not even consider themselves healers but they are, often they are listeners and people seek them out to tell their story to and ask advice. Oft times telling their story to someone who will just listen is all they require. So why do natural healers commonly have these problems with their digestive systems because of the poor assimilation of nutrients? I am asking myself really.

Nobody knows all the answers, beware of those who think they do!

There is much research into A.I. or artificial intelligence and I was writing a 4000 word paper on this based on cognitive psychology for my BSc degree. I was at the end and I was just tidying it up and stating that a computer could not have an intelligence of its own when I lost the lot. I searched for this lost file but believe me it could not be retrieved. So I just started again and right at the end I told my tutor what has happened and that I thought the computer was telling me something. When my paper was marked by him he obviously thought that my conclusion was correct and was very amused by what had happened.

Strange things do happen when I am using my computer, email address that I haven't typed in pop up at times. I believe that the Universe can use technology to help us, not only computers but any electrical or powered machinery. Some years ago I had come in from a very cold, wet and tiring, almost nightmare motorcycle ride home from the midlands through lashing rain and very poor visibility. There were warning not to travel because of these conditions. My business partner who was going in the other direction in a van did not want me to go. It was as if I had survived, I had wanted to get home so I just kept riding. I drew a hot bath and this helped to revive me. When I got out I remembered that the boiler was not working and when I looked the pilot light was still out so I thanked the Universe for the hot water and called out the gas engineer the next morning to repair it.

Telephones, tape players you name it they have all been used as a medium. I try very hard not to turn light switches on or off with my left hand as they will often blow. My old combined washing machine-tumble dryer decided to blow and catch fire when I used my left hand to turn the dial to set the machine. At a show I was running I kept a radio phone in my left hand while I was working from my show office, it may have been an hour or so. It started to malfunction and got very hot, the light on it glowed amber so I was issued another one. When I told my radio man he laughed and said the light shows either red or green for battery level but not amber, but he did not seem surprised as he had known me for many years.

I might well be an enlightened soul and be able o send or take lost souls onto the light but I also know that many others can and actually do this work as well. So many lost souls especially from the wars and from accidents need help to go on to the light but that is a whole other story.

Elizabeth
Eirepetra
Posted 7/22/2007 5:21 AM (#2341 - in reply to #2295)

Hello Elizabeth Ann,
by the way my name is Mike. - I am not hiding behind my screen name. I am British and now working in China.
I use eirepetra because it is a hangover from my chidhood - it's all very silly and to do with rhymes and things when I was a child, but during my diversion into growing up, jobs and family responsibilities, I had forgotten about eirepetra. Eventually it became obsessive with me - I had to find out what eirepetra meant. This is one of the things that drove me on a spiritual search. I finally regressed and remembered what eirepetra meant to me. I use the name to remind myself of my journey. It has deep meaning to me but probably signifies nothing to others. It's just a conundrum of things that stimulated me as a child.
Eirepetra
Posted 7/22/2007 5:25 AM (#2342 - in reply to #2295)

If I send you a scan of my eyes could you tell me what you see?
I haven't studued iridology, but I believe that you may know something I don't.
Eirepetra
Posted 7/22/2007 7:36 AM (#2343 - in reply to #2295)

Elizabeth Ann,
I have experienced street lights switching off when I walk by. Coincidence? I don't know.
Something else strange, I developed a small colourless "mole" between my eyebrows when I started to feel I was getting somewhere in my search.
Third eye???? I have no theories about this and make no claims. Just something like the tinnitus that I have noticed.
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 7/22/2007 8:08 AM (#2344 - in reply to #2342)

UMS Student

I might be able to tell you something from a scan of your eyes, it depends on the quality and detail of the photos. There are some details that can only be picked up by the human eye. Send them and I will give it a go.

Elizabeth

PS China has quite a special significance to me.
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 7/22/2007 8:12 AM (#2345 - in reply to #2341)

UMS Student

Hi Mike

In my own mind Eire linked with Ireland and Petra is a name. As you are British have you studied any Pagan or Celtic texts?

Elizabeth
Eirepetra
Posted 7/22/2007 9:24 AM (#2346 - in reply to #2295)

Hi Elizabeth Ann,
Eirepetra probably has no meaning to anyone else. It was just a glimmer of something in my early childhood. Words or notions that I heard as a child being discussed by adults around me while my brain and consciousness were developing. Many things like this were susequently buried by more currently needed thoughts and thought processes in my day to day life. Essentially, my earliest childhood memories were buried in an incomprehensible state that plagued me for years . When I really started making ground on my journey I realized that my mind did not have perfect recall - my childhood memories were jumbled like a bowl of spaghetti :-) I have sorted out the tangles now - lost the confusion - and dredged the depths of my brain to untangle the things I did not understand as a child that were just shuttled away to the back of my mind during the process of developing my personality, consciousness, sentience or whatever word we choose to describe it. These words and whatever conversations and notions were transmitteed at that time impressed me with awe and I guess they were imprinted into my childish brain. From my search to understand what eirepetra meant I explored my mind, and so for me eirepetra is symbolic of my journey to undersdtanding myself and moving into a more enlightened state.
Eirepetra
Posted 7/22/2007 9:28 AM (#2347 - in reply to #2295)

Hi again,
have I studied Pagan and Celtic? Yes extensively, but this has nothing to do with that. They were words imprinted into my mind at an early age before I understood anything about the Celts or Paganism.
Eirepetra
Posted 7/22/2007 9:56 AM (#2348 - in reply to #2295)

:-) I am having so much trouble trying to take pictures of my own eyeballs - it's amusing - I guess we all need some light relief occasionally.
I'll try to get someone to help me with this. bear with me, and thankyou for offering me a consultancy free of charge :-)
Eirepetra
Posted 7/22/2007 9:57 AM (#2349 - in reply to #2295)

:-) :-) my young son says " Daddy you need to turn the camera around"
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 7/22/2007 11:59 AM (#2351 - in reply to #2349)

UMS Student

Do each eye separately, focus on the pupil, use macro, zoom and a forced flash. It is not that easy to get a good photo but using these instructions you may well get lucky.

This is not a free consultation, I'm just going to look, my full Iridology consultations are 2-3 hours, and strictly 1-2-1 which I do charge for.

But if you can get good photos to me I will look and see if anything jumps out and I'm not looking for money. In fact if others want to send me good photos of their irises I'll have a look at them as well and let you know what is of greatest importance. If it is not obvious tell me which is your left and your right one.

Eye'll be seeing you!!

Elizabeth
mruppert
Posted 7/25/2007 12:07 AM (#2379 - in reply to #2295)

Hi Mike and Elizabeth:
     Nothing to do with "eyes" as the "Ayes" have it in most votes. Mike, I was particularly interested in your reference to a SciAm article, what issue? I've got stacks sitting around waiting to be read.
     HOWEVER, did you notice that SciAm, Aug '07, has this great big eyeball on the cover? Elizabeth, the article is "Windows on the Mind" with the header "How tiny twitches preserve vision and reveal thoughts". I've only glanced at it, but there is much in this to think about. Of course, it is available in part on the web, but if you would like the original, full, copy, I will send it to you. I am only thinking that you may want to make marginal notes and check certain portions for commonality with your experience.
    Mein Gott! Not what I wanted to say at all, but had to let you all know.
      Okay, Mike, (I offer this as my pet theories)  matter does not think.....it relates. At the quantum level, it has yes/no potentialities. The observer realizes the potential, as if flipping a switch on or off. Proven fact! Go back in the SciAm archives or read the modern day quantum physicists.
     At zero point, from the subatomic perspective, there is no time. All has stopped. Therefore, there is all time, as when it is potentially realized, it becomes what the observer sees it to be.
However, at zero point, there is radiated energy; (again, search the SciAm archives, as I believe there is a very good article on this) an energy that we cannot explain.That  "dark" energy allows the potentialization.
     Mike AND Elizabeth, science fiction is replete with "thinking machines." Science fact on AI is speculative at best. The happenstance  that Gary Kasparov defeated IBM's original chess program, then lost to "Deep Blue" is meaningless. Did the  machine outthink him.....well, NO, it did what it was programmed to do. The program was a lot more sophisticated the second time around. Machines have three fatal flaws, and therefore, there will be no AI, in the sense of thinking machines. Those three are:
1) They need continuous external sources of power for  functionality.....we do not!
2) They cannot "feel" and we can!
3) They Chicken Paprikash cannot scissors associate free estimate disparate the love bug will bitecha if you don't watchout  thoughts Mommy with camera the objective pencil  thoughts as book  they occur car in any pizza semblance knight of wine logic.
So, if you understand what I just wrote in #3, you will know that there can never be any artificial intelligence.WE think, machines do not !!
With Best Wishes to you both,
Marty
Eirepetra
Posted 7/25/2007 6:03 AM (#2381 - in reply to #2379)

Hello Marty,
this is wonderful input thankyou so much for not being dismissive. I don't expect you to agree with everything I wrote, because I am still trying to formulate my ideas and I wanted to discuss this stuff with people who may at least consider I am not a raving religionist using different words. I am finding Traditional Scientists can be as dogmatic as Traditional Religionists.
The issue I referred to is SciAm Reports - Special Edition on Astrophysics. April 2007. I picked up my copy in New Zealand last month, but I am back in China now and cannot easily get my hands on SciAm (in English), but next trip to Hong Kong I will look for the issue you mentioned.
Your point of view is interesting and also makes sense to me. let me think about it for a while and maybe this is something we can explore together.

Elizabeth Ann,
I guess you are still monitoring the forum. I am having a hard time getting eye pictures, but haven't given up on it.

Marty, Nice meeting you.

Eirepetra
Posted 7/25/2007 6:07 AM (#2382 - in reply to #2295)

Marty,
P.S. I completely understand your #3 and get your point.

Regards,

Mike.
Eirepetra
Posted 7/25/2007 6:13 AM (#2383 - in reply to #2295)

Hello Elizabeth, Marty,
as I am new to this forum, I don't want to irritate any of the members or moderators, but, is there a way to draw other people into this conversation?
The more ideas and shared experiences we have the more fruitful our discussions might be.

Peace.
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 7/25/2007 9:05 AM (#2384 - in reply to #2383)

UMS Student

HI Mike

People will join in when and if they decide to do so, have you looked to see how many have viewed this thread? Not easy to get good photos of the eyes is it?

Why don’t you join in some of the other threads so that others in this forum can get to know you?

Hi Marty

Yes I would really love to read that article if you would send it please. Many thanks for your support.

I do believe that the Universe can influence our technology and use it to get info to us when necessary. I suppose it isn’t really A.I. at that point is it?

Many thanks

Elizabeth
Supernatural3
Posted 7/25/2007 12:56 PM (#2390 - in reply to #2295)

PhD Alumni

Eirepetra - 2007-07-19 7:54 AM

Hypotheses

1) There is a higher plane (or dimension) of existence that others have called Heaven.
- I think its all a frame of mind with intelligence, beyond our comprehension.
2) There is no God per se.
- It's conscious thought (Intelligence)

3) The higher plane of existence (or energetic sentience) created our universe to convert energy to sentience.
- We also have lower planes of existance in theory too.

4) Our Universe is a creation of matter from energy using Einstein's principles.
-from a scientific point of view, yes. with other principles as well. Kelvin, Tesla, etc.

5) To qualify to conjoin with this higher plane we need to purge ourselves of badness. (evil, sin, etc.)
Sounds like a Christian based type of comment. Open the mind..... there is more to it than judgement.

6) The higher plane is not generally sensible by our dimension.
- In my own opinion, i feel this one is wrong.... Channeling,Mediumship, etc. Has gained information from higher planes. #7 contradicts and proves it.

7) Our innate sense of rightness or morality comes from the higher plane
- It comes from fight or flight learning to survive or die.... evolution, along with guidance from that higher plane that CAN reach us after all. It's the combination of teachers, parents and higher guides as well as inner true self.

8) Our World, Planet Earth, is the purging place. It is a place of temptation and sin designed to filter desirable sentient energy to the higher plane.
-It's a place where we choose to learn and find balance. Both negative and positive must exist to maintain equilibrium.

9) The higher plane does not want sin, evil, bad or corrupt energy in its realm. i.e. The higher plane is "good" The higher plane has US already in it.
-We came from there just to experience all there is. We already know better, but we like to know what EVERYTHING is like. So we choose to feel all sides.

10) When we are worthy of joining the higher plane we dispense with this existence and our energy (spirit) can become one with the higher plane.
-We are already one with the higher plane. We just don't understand it while in human form, because we are born with amnesia. Then we remember again. We have already been worthy, are worthy and will always be worthy.

11) The higher plane or dimension is not physical; it is an energetic state that has sentience.
-I agree.... it's intelligent energy.

12) The higher plane or dimension is ubiquitous and is not constrained by time or space.
-I agree too.... well said.

13) The Earth IS "The Garden of Eden". Everything needed for this "proving ground" has been supplied by the higher plane or dimension.
-I disagree. We do not have to prove anything, because we cannot fail. Just experience all there is. We are god, all that their is.... he isn't going to chop off part of himself and condemn part of his own body.... slap it and say - BAD BOY! lol You go to hell now..... LOL Only MAN could come up with that one.

14) The Earth should be revered and treated well, its' resources not squandered, because the World like humans is transitory in nature.
-I agree that the earth should be treated better. Some people really don't realize the harm they constantly cause. But we are ALL guilty. I drive a car too. It pushes gas fumes out into our air..... however, we also needed heat to survive. So we burned things to make heat or we die.... now punish us for trying to survive????? it's all rather silly....

15) There need not necessarily be life on any other world in the Universe because the Universe was created for the sole purpose of fostering an environment for the process mentioned above.
- I disagree. There are many universes, many other earths, and uncountable intelligence. Yet all one..... endless. All a frame of mind, so think what you want. We all go back to our real home and then recycle again, just for the fun of it.

16) Children (newly created sentience) are born without badness (sin). Thus, everyone has the potential to progress through this existence to the higher plane.
-Sin is a man made word for being imperfect. Get rid of this human form and we will be perfect again.

17) By living a "good" life and proving worthiness, all can enter the higher plane.
-We will enter the higher plane anyway, but it's a whole lot better experiencing good things over bad things, so we developed religion to help those with no morals to quit hurting others. We needed it severely, but it's taken to extremes and we have ghosts due to fear of judgment as well as many other human mental disorders or abuse.

18) The energy (or spirit) of those that do not qualify for the next plane is dissipated back to the universe (hell, inferno) at death and re-cycled through the processes of the universe to new life which has a renewed chance to pass to the higher plane. i.e. in terms of energy, progressive reincarnation is possible, but at some point in the future (Armageddon), the Universe will not be able to sustain further recycling via matter. Any energy that is not converted to sentience at that time will dissipate as energy in the higher plane.
-my own belief system is that Reincarnation is a choice. One does not learn compassion to be a good guide, unless they learn what it's like to be the villain.

19) Due to the Laws of Thermodynamics, the Universe will continue to expand and decay to lower energy states until it ceases to exist. All matter from creation will be recycled to energy in the higher plane.
-We all would go into a higher plane eventually anyway.... When we want to.

20) Realization of all of the above empowers and burdens the incumbent with the duty of telling others the truth and to show them the way to the higher plane. Hence, the missions of Buddha, Jesus and Mohammed.
- All masters have good intentions, but all still human. Why is it that only a few get to be so important with twisted views that the average mans imperfections will lead to some hell. Man created Demons, Man created hell..... when their general point is always twisted into "do this, or go to hell" when it should be "we are loved unconditionally, because WE ARE GOD". ALL OF US. Not just a few..... YOU are important, YOU are God, YOU are going to the higher place.... reguardless of your human traits that we were given with a purpose to experience all there is.

Further Hypotheses

1) Ghosts are a manifestation of energy that is in a state between this plane and the next higher plane that is improperly or ineffectively re-cycled.
-Ghosts are not always stuck, they choose to hang around for loved ones, or fear left over from man made religious beliefs of hell and judgment and to be honest their are as many reasons and people on earth. But it's their CHOICE. To all eternity, why should they be in a hurry?

2) Supernatural events are channeled from the energy of the higher plane by people that are in some way sensitive to that plane.
-right on..... AGREE whole heartedly.

3) Demons, malevolent spirits etc. are manifestations of the human mind.
-You nailed that one -right on the mark.... I agree. Well said.

4) Physical events alleged to occur during demonic possessions etc. are the result of mass hysteria, suggestibility or trickery.
-Religious belief systems too.

5) This World is evolving into an ever more complex testing ground with increasing levels of temptation to divert people from the simple way to join the higher plane. -Perhaps for some.... and for others we just know better.

6) Evolution and Creation are both realities. The Universe was created and it is evolving. AGREE

7) Buddha, Jesus and Mohammed were men who realized the things above and tried to extend these findings to all people. Their message has been corrupted in transmission by people who did not have the capacity to understand the true inner meaning.
- I agree. Good people indeed, but misunderstood lots.

8) The language and semantics of Buddha, Jesus and Mohamed were those of people with a lower level of understanding, at that time, of the Universe we live in.
- perhaps. Try reading college material to a 3rd grader.... they will only understand their own level. It will be passed on in the language of the 3rd grade level.

9) The higher plane cannot intercede in our dimension. We exist within an unstoppable process that will eventually decay to a zero energy state by re-assimilation into the higher plane. -to a degree, unless one opens the mind and connects to the higher dimension mentally. Conscious thought is all that their is, regardless of physical state.

I invite others to discuss these things with me.
- I may not agree to everything, but much of it makes a lot of sense, with what much of religion has pushed on us all. It has much to teach but does take it too far.

Peace !
-Blessings to you too.

I gave my own opinions, at which may not be agreeable but are my own beliefs only. All my words start with a -

Enjoy.... and Thanks for posting these very interesting thoughts.... i would say for the most part, you are getting closer to how i feel too.
Eirepetra
Posted 7/25/2007 7:42 PM (#2398 - in reply to #2295)

Hello Supernatural.
Nice meeting you.
You have really brightened my day tody. Thankyou so much for your post.
I spent 17 years of my life getting to the same point that you have reached. This whole thing has been such an uplifting experience to me. I no longer worry about my own mortality and can enjoy every moment of my life because my mind is at peace with God or Universal mind, or whatever word we choose.
I feel as if I have a duty or moral obligation to tell other people about it so that they in their way can have a beautiful existence. I have tried talking to scientists to find out if they can help me understand even more deeply about the mechanisms by which my hypotheses might work, but they immediately ask for evidence or something measurable and then dismiss me as a raving religionist. Religionists seem to a little more receptive, but unless they have experienced what I have experienced, they say "well done - trust in God - i.e just have blind faith" and that doesn't help me either.
I want to make the World a better place but can't seem to get a message to anyone other than a handful of people like yourself. This is really starting to torture me.
Can I ask how you deal with this? It seems very smug of me just to sit back and accept that I know something the next person doesn't knkw and my life is now happy and complete and they may be going through this world with needless fear and doubt that could be gotten rid of if they would just listen to what I have to say.

Many thanks already for saying what you have said already - every time I find someone who may not completely agree with me but at least understands what I am saying rekindles hope in me.

Peace.
Supernatural3
Posted 7/25/2007 8:34 PM (#2400 - in reply to #2398)

PhD Alumni

Eirepetra - 2007-07-25 7:42 PM

Hello Supernatural.
Nice meeting you.
You have really brightened my day tody. Thankyou so much for your post.
I spent 17 years of my life getting to the same point that you have reached. This whole thing has been such an uplifting experience to me. I no longer worry about my own mortality and can enjoy every moment of my life because my mind is at peace with God or Universal mind, or whatever word we choose.
I feel as if I have a duty or moral obligation to tell other people about it so that they in their way can have a beautiful existence. I have tried talking to scientists to find out if they can help me understand even more deeply about the mechanisms by which my hypotheses might work, but they immediately ask for evidence or something measurable and then dismiss me as a raving religionist. Religionists seem to a little more receptive, but unless they have experienced what I have experienced, they say "well done - trust in God - i.e just have blind faith" and that doesn't help me either.
I want to make the World a better place but can't seem to get a message to anyone other than a handful of people like yourself. This is really starting to torture me.
Can I ask how you deal with this? It seems very smug of me just to sit back and accept that I know something the next person doesn't knkw and my life is now happy and complete and they may be going through this world with needless fear and doubt that could be gotten rid of if they would just listen to what I have to say.

Many thanks already for saying what you have said already - every time I find someone who may not completely agree with me but at least understands what I am saying rekindles hope in me.

Peace.

I think we are close to the same feelings....

I don't make it my job to change others. You see... they will find out sooner or later anyway so i only really talk about my own feelings when they want to discuss it. Or i would be as bad as other religious pushers. (which drive me nuts) ....

To be honest, i don't care what the scientists think either. They are all science and no spirit. But they cannot explain how we all came to be 100%. They only have theories..... They are also empty inside, thinking that when they die... it's over. To me that is a shame.

I guess i do have to deal with this a lot, because of being in the paranormal field for 14 yrs. Trying to prove ghosts are real. Even though i have had a full blown conversation with my dead grandfather, who was not a ghost, but had crossed and come back to talk to me. He let me know it was beautiful and fulfilling. He let me know he was young again. Was this an illusion? was it a dream? Was it a hallucination? I have no idea.... but i immediately called my mom, proving that i was awake. Of course she thought i was on drugs at 11:00ish AM. I laughed because we all know better.

I have caught photos that prove something was there.... a scientist will say it's anything BUT what it was. I had psychic feelings to go along with the pictures i caught too. I guess i quit caring what others think.... unless they WANT my opinion. Then they get it.... but they also see how happy my life is. It's obvious that i live a very blessed life. You wouldn't believe how many people are actually jealous of my own fulfillment on life.

I just say.... anyone can achieve what i have. If they want it.... go get it. I have a strong marriage, and happy children. The money will come someday... lol. Cannot take it with me anyway and don't need it for anything other than here. But i would like my kids to not have to struggle as much as i had to. Still seems times are getting tougher on the financial end. But i have complete faith that what is needed will be there.

It took me a good 20 years to get where i am too.... and i am still in school. But i love it.... love my life and love all of you.
HUGS

Eirepetra
Posted 7/26/2007 8:15 PM (#2409 - in reply to #2400)

Thankyou again.
I willl try to apply your method to myself. It sounds the sensible thing to do.
I don't think there is anything in general I now need to discuss with you.
I will stay in the forum and check by from time to time.
I am at peace. To me now every day is beautiful life is wondrous and i no longer need to fear death and the unknown.
It's a pity we cannot all be like this.

One last question to you and Elizabeth Ann,
Can you suggest what i can do with my new found inner peace to hel our fellow human beings without forcing trying to convert them ?
I note Elizabeth is in healing, you are in life coaching etc. I have multiple degrees and higher degrees in engineering and science, but all are in physical sciences, not healing sciences. Is there any way I can learn to draw down energy like you for healing? Can you suggest anything else I might use this knowledge for. I really feel I must do something, but as yet I am unsure what it is.

Peace.
Supernatural3
Posted 7/26/2007 9:54 PM (#2411 - in reply to #2295)

PhD Alumni

These classes at UMS would do it. Or try a Reiki Class... that is healing. There are serious lots of classes for healing purposes and UMS covers a vast majority of them and some of them they just touch base on, for those interested to pursue more in.

It's all in what you like... what you FEEL. You will find your calling, it's already there waiting to say "Hello".

LOL

Blessings~
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 7/27/2007 3:41 AM (#2412 - in reply to #2409)

UMS Student

Hi Mike

I agree with Doc J, sign up with UMS.

But something that you can do right now is go to this website www.fountain-international.org which is all about 'Helping to Heal the
World’ there is a film, the Fountain Meditation and Visual Meditation. If you have any problem running it you can get the DVD from them for a donation. If as you say you are like me you will be able to help so much in this way.

Wait for people to come to you for help and respect their own beliefs no matter what they are. If they ask, then tell them what you believe, people may be at very different levels which is as it should be. There are many ways that people view their world, you have obviously found your own which is wondrous for you but none of us ever stop learning and growing which is what makes life so interesting so make the most of it as you are clearly doing.

One way of healing is to listen, really listen to a person.

Listening

When I ask you to listen to me and you start giving me advice
You have not done what I asked.
When I ask you to listen to me and you begin to tell me why I shouldn’t feel that way
You are trampling on my feelings.
When I ask you to listen to me and you feel you have to do something to solve my problems
You have failed me, strange as that might seem.

Listen! All I asked, was that you listen
Not talk or do – just listen.

When you do something for me that I can and need to do
For myself, you contribute to my fear and weakness.
But, when you accept as a simple fact that I do feel what I feel
No matter how irrational, then I can quit trying to convince you
And can get about the business of understanding what’s behind this irrational feeling.
And when it’s clear the answers are obvious
And I don’t need advice.
Irrational feelings make sense when we
Understand what’s behind them.
So, please listen and just hear me.
And, if you want to talk, wait a minute for your turn;
And I’ll listen to you

Author Unknown

It is so important not to force, try to convert or belittle anyone. Hope that helps

Bless you

Elizabeth
Eirepetra
Posted 7/27/2007 10:48 AM (#2414 - in reply to #2295)

Thankyou Elizabeth, Thankyou Doc.

Peace to you both.
If ever you are passing Hong Kong or Southern China let me know.

Mike.
mruppert
Posted 7/27/2007 10:04 PM (#2415 - in reply to #2295)

Hi all:
     Mike, thanks for the SciAm reference, I shall find it shortly.
     I wish I could post interesting articles here in entirety,  but I am not sure if I would be covered by the educational "fair use" protection in re copyright (I am in the USA). Maybe the moderators can answer that question. I can link to articles, but they are not complete.....and we would miss much that is relevant. Afterall, magazines are in the business to make money.
     This thread has given me much to think about...and pause to to realize that all of the comments must make me think, rethink and think again about things.
     If the debate seems contentious, then that is all the more  splendid! It is how we learn, as long as we are willing to learn.
     If we all thought, felt, experienced, sensed, worshipped, chanted, meditated, healed, exalted, transcended, illumined, and enlightened the same, we would be nothing more than a totalitarianism.
     I have noticed that there is a great respect for the multitude of beliefs expressed here. Personally, I have  changed in direction many times, simply based on the insight (or even casual comment) of someone in these forums.
     I cannot speak for everyone, nor anyone, but I sense that we gather here for enlightenment. And, it seems to me that, the paths to enlightenment are as numerous as the stars in the sky!
Peace to you all,
Marty
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software