University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

the arena of consciousness that I am.
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Susan D'
Posted 7/17/2007 7:21 PM (#2266)
Subject: the arena of consciousness that I am.

i love the affirmations..#37 is very helpful to me..but sometimes when i read a statement like "'i am free from all past hurts and traumas in the arena of consciousness that I am." i can't honestly say i am in that arena(psysically or emotionally)..but i would like to get there, into that arena..where i am free from all that other stuff..any suggestions????
Top of the page Bottom of the page
AmeM
Posted 7/17/2007 11:24 PM (#2278 - in reply to #2266)
Subject: RE: the arena of consciousness that I am.

My affirmations about hurts and traumas had to start out very small and change slowly over the years. I even started some by affirming that "I am moving towards forgiveness in all areas of my life" or something like that. In the beginning, I actually think I had to say something like "I am willing to move towards forgiving those who have hurt me." Which to many people is a "horrible" affirmation, but for me it made all the difference in the world. Even though I was still blaming others, I was allowing myself to start to grow and expand. The other night I actually thought "I love my mother and I can forgive my stepfather." It's still hard, and I still don't entirely believe it a lot of the time, but I think we have to start where we are and give ourselves time to grow into the "more accepted" and, in my opinion, very advanced, affirmations. Saying the affirmations "as if" I believed them (as some psychologists will tell you to do) made me feel like a liar and in some cases made me feel sick to my stomach, and I couldn't stand that.

I say, start where you are and grow as much as you can. As long as you are moving towards your goal, even if it feels very small to you, I think it's awesome! You gotta crawl before you run.
Susan D'
Posted 7/18/2007 11:21 PM (#2289 - in reply to #2266)

thank you very much and that was the best and most UNDERSTANDING advice i have received concerning this..i have been thinking about it all day..and those affimations you want to say but make you feel like a liar to say them when something totally different is going on on the inside and how making those "advanced affirmations" when you aren't ready make you feel so sick in your stomach that you feel like you are going to throw up..well moving toward and opening myself up to growth is the best for me now..and thank you for validating that for me..
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/19/2007 11:42 AM (#2301 - in reply to #2266)

Alumni

Oh! The first time I looked in the mirror asĀ  Louise Hay suggested, I said, "I love you Tracy, I really love you." I felt such a revulsion, but I kept saying it until I broke down and cried. Then, one day the face in the mirror looked back at me and I saw my highest self, wise, kind, gentle, and compassionate.
soulfire
Posted 7/19/2007 12:10 PM (#2303 - in reply to #2266)

Alumni

I know only too well the things you are expressing, Susan. You might also investigate EFT, as it has helped me get rid of 'stuck' perceptions in my psyche that lead to these negative beliefs about myself.

Blessings,
Kirsten
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software