University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Racism?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 7/19/2007 1:35 AM (#2293 - in reply to #2175)
Subject: RE: Racism?

Hi I Am:
Well then, you have my apology, as I did not understand what you said.
I wish that I could see as you do, as it is almost godlike, an omnipresent eye.
In reading and re-reading what you said, it leaves me still with a question...and if you will permit me.....
snip from your post <"I want to transcend duality and you can only do that by detaching yourself from the ego!">
The question is this....if you do "see" why do you "want" and why must you detach yourself from your own self worth, that which is intrinsically you?

With Warm Regards,
Marty
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 7/19/2007 2:04 AM (#2294 - in reply to #2175)

And Hello Thomas!
Believe me, I didn't mean any disrespect for what you said! I do say "tomahtoh" to Americans and "tamadah" (I'm from Brooklyn, NY) to Brits, just to have a little fun.
My point, though ill received, was that you do have "self worth." You can have prescient spirituality, but you will still have "self worth" ...and that is ego.

With Warm Regards,
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 10/16/2007 7:14 AM (#2707 - in reply to #2175)

PhD Alumni

I think anyone who believes in killing a crowd of people, due to where they live, is wacked in the head. Innocent people die, because of religious BS. I don't think it's due to RACE, it's due to EGO, POWER TRIPS and those feeling they HAVE to be right.

When one opens the mind, blood starts to mean nothing.
Shantina
Posted 10/16/2007 1:19 PM (#2710 - in reply to #2175)

Duality IS the idea that we are seperate from everything and anything. Racism is one of the many manifestations of this feeling. Duality is the reason we come up with ways to define ourselves as different from others. It encompasses the idea that humanity is seperate from everything else and that each human is seperate from other humans. This manifests on many levels, biologically, regionally, religiously, politically, globally, and on and on. But the feeling that we are seperate is the basis for it.

Shantina
NothingEverything
Posted 10/18/2007 4:47 AM (#2717 - in reply to #2175)

UMS Student

Lyonna - 2007-10-18 2:53 PM

i happen to view dualism as a truth that is unchangeable, not in accord with anyone's perception
some examples of dualism is: love vs hate
conscious vs unconsciousness
nothing can change the natural duality in the above concepts
duality is like a pole, where love is one end of the pole and hate is another end of the pole

since there is a variety of races in this world, that is multiculturalism not dualism
when a japanese marries an english, it will be very difficult for anyone to work out which race this person belongs to - to be racist towards

china originally was made up of different feudal kings, they fought, and people mix in together
and eventually the land expanded, with obviously a mixture of different culture
england was hoping to expand by dominating other countries like china, india, africa but it is difficult for them, because they live in a far off small piece of land that is almost bound by sea

suppose everyone intermarries, that will be quite interesting
i met a german man and his korean wife, his belief is his hybrid children are prettier and smarter, i think these kiddies already would have had a head start on knowing that racism is for 'immature brainwashed adults'

I am an American of Irish/German decent, and I am married to a Japanese women, our daughter Nevaeh is mixed ethnicity.
It is a beautiful thing and I believe, the only possible course of action before you eventually revert to incest.
We only recognize one race on this planet, that is the human race. But that too may be untrue, but that's another subject.
Our outlook on life is one that dissolves the perception of duality all together, since one pole does not exist with out the other, they are one, and therefore not separate. Many of these dualistic concepts are creations of a shattered conscience and an out of control mind, conditions of a producer/consumer lifestyle based around monetary gain and possession acquisition to establish a social status. This same mentality is the root of racism, for in an attempt to further ones social status and false power, it is important to keep other groups of people as low as possible while the elites maintain power and status, after all, someone has to do the dirty work. In closing, there is no separate races of humans that we know of at this time, only slightly varied genetics.
If people insist on being "puritans" then their genetic code will de-evolve and mutate as incest becomes more frequent.
Also, the lack of acceptance, compassion, and diversity is terrible for spiritual evolution.
In fact, as i see it, its disgusting and shallow to breed with someone similar to yourself.....
But that's only my opinion.
mruppert
Posted 10/19/2007 8:23 PM (#2719 - in reply to #2175)

Hi all:
From NTET's post:
"In closing, there is no separate races of humans that we know of at this time, only slightly varied genetics."
How true!
That is why I think it is well worth the time to watch the NatGeo show that I mentioned about the guy who traced a long line of people who exhibit a particular strand of gene that he shares...that can only be passed on by inheritance. It shows that a white as snow guy is related to the aboriginal dude and the Mongolian dude. This is true! It proves to me that we all came from one people, and that the rainbow of people we see today, comes from environmental adaptations and "pool" breeding. For example, I do not have the gene strand that is associated with Tay-Sachs disease, though my forebears came from an area that had many people that do have it, at least up to WWII. What is the defining factor? Those of Jewish faith mainly marry others of their faith. The gene strand gets passed on, and strengthened in a "closed pool" of breeding. My forebears were Catholic. I do not suffer from sickle cell anemia. Why? The gene strand for that was "confined"  by a geographically closed pool of people, who were only forceably removed from their continent, in earlier times.
Do a simple Mendel box of two people, one with blue eyes (with brown eyes gene), blue is recessive, and one with brown eyes,  brown is dominanat  (with blue eyes gene).Should they have four kids, one will have blue eyes, one brown, but the other two....ah.....they most likely will have brown eyes, as brown is the dominant gene.
As NTET said, this is varied genetics! And, it is only a benign manifestation of "race", at least for our Blue/Brown eyed hypothetical race  of people. But, if those blue eyed people in this gene pool sought to marry and procreate only with other blue eyed people because blue eyes are "pretty", we have the nucleus of a problem, but not necessarily a bad one. HOWEVER, when they seek to do this because they believe blue eyed people to be superior to brown eyed people, you now have a big problem, and the problem can quite properly be labled RACISM.
Soon, in our hypothetical society you will hear how brown eyed people are dirty, lazy, stupid, commit most of the crimes,  take drugs, sponge of the  government, can't hold a job, are sexually promiscuous, on and on and on.
     Our starting couple, who had the sense of self worth (ego) to produce four lovely children, have now spawned a "group" of people who have no ego...but a superego......a psyche that developed by the incorporation of the moral standards of "the community", i.e. the so called superior blue-eyes.
     I know that people want to freely substitute the word "ego" for what is being discussed here, but it is the "superego" that causes what is discussed here. It is not you...as an individual, with your own sense of self worth that is at fault, it is the belief systems that supercede ego with a  dangerous and deadly world view that is the problem.
     Let me put it this way....what is the one problem that nullifies the lives of many children born and raised in poverty and deprivation? The kids have no sense of self worth (ego), of self esteem. Putting little stars on ghetto kids papers in school, when they go to school, and when they go to a school that is not interrrupted in the process of learning by police, gunfire, gang fights, etc. does absolutley nothing for them.....though the cogniscenti of educators seem to think it gives them "self esteem" like it is a gift that can be doled down to the less fortunate. (By the way, this is in and of itself, a form of racism.)
These kids need a boost of ego, they need to know that their lives are precious to themselves, and that there is meaning in their lives.
     Let me put it another way, people in various kinds of twelve step programs...well, the first thing is that they  turn it all over to a "higher power."  Okay! But, what are the rest of the steps? They  have to take a moral inventory, they have to make amends to people they have harmed, continue to take a moral inventory, and so forth. All of which is designed to give one a sense of self worth (ego). It is only then, that one can move on to the 11th and 12th steps, which deal with "spiritual awakening."
     Folks, we all have ego and that is a good thing, not a bad one. Just look at our naming conventions on this site, some choose to call themselves "The Grand Poobah" or "Mystical Merlin of the RavenKing" (I hope I just made these up and no one actually uses these, if so, no insult intended) and then proceed to discuss how ego is so very bad, and seek to rid themselves of it. Don't you find that strange?

In Peace and Love,
Marty
NothingEverything
Posted 10/21/2007 12:20 AM (#2725 - in reply to #2719)

UMS Student

mruppert - 2007-10-20 9:23 AM

Hi all:
From NTET's post:
"In closing, there is no separate races of humans that we know of at this time, only slightly varied genetics."
How true!
That is why I think it is well worth the time to watch the NatGeo show that I mentioned about the guy who traced a long line of people who exhibit a particular strand of gene that he shares...that can only be passed on by inheritance. It shows that a white as snow guy is related to the aboriginal dude and the Mongolian dude. This is true! It proves to me that we all came from one people, and that the rainbow of people we see today, comes from environmental adaptations and "pool" breeding. For example, I do not have the gene strand that is associated with Tay-Sachs disease, though my forebears came from an area that had many people that do have it, at least up to WWII. What is the defining factor? Those of Jewish faith mainly marry others of their faith. The gene strand gets passed on, and strengthened in a "closed pool" of breeding. My forebears were Catholic. I do not suffer from sickle cell anemia. Why? The gene strand for that was "confined"  by a geographically closed pool of people, who were only forceably removed from their continent, in earlier times.
Do a simple Mendel box of two people, one with blue eyes (with brown eyes gene), blue is recessive, and one with brown eyes,  brown is dominanat  (with blue eyes gene).Should they have four kids, one will have blue eyes, one brown, but the other two....ah.....they most likely will have brown eyes, as brown is the dominant gene.
As NTET said, this is varied genetics! And, it is only a benign manifestation of "race", at least for our Blue/Brown eyed hypothetical race  of people. But, if those blue eyed people in this gene pool sought to marry and procreate only with other blue eyed people because blue eyes are "pretty", we have the nucleus of a problem, but not necessarily a bad one. HOWEVER, when they seek to do this because they believe blue eyed people to be superior to brown eyed people, you now have a big problem, and the problem can quite properly be labled RACISM.
Soon, in our hypothetical society you will hear how brown eyed people are dirty, lazy, stupid, commit most of the crimes,  take drugs, sponge of the  government, can't hold a job, are sexually promiscuous, on and on and on.
     Our starting couple, who had the sense of self worth (ego) to produce four lovely children, have now spawned a "group" of people who have no ego...but a superego......a psyche that developed by the incorporation of the moral standards of "the community", i.e. the so called superior blue-eyes.
     I know that people want to freely substitute the word "ego" for what is being discussed here, but it is the "superego" that causes what is discussed here. It is not you...as an individual, with your own sense of self worth that is at fault, it is the belief systems that supercede ego with a  dangerous and deadly world view that is the problem.
     Let me put it this way....what is the one problem that nullifies the lives of many children born and raised in poverty and deprivation? The kids have no sense of self worth (ego), of self esteem. Putting little stars on ghetto kids papers in school, when they go to school, and when they go to a school that is not interrrupted in the process of learning by police, gunfire, gang fights, etc. does absolutley nothing for them.....though the cogniscenti of educators seem to think it gives them "self esteem" like it is a gift that can be doled down to the less fortunate. (By the way, this is in and of itself, a form of racism.)
These kids need a boost of ego, they need to know that their lives are precious to themselves, and that there is meaning in their lives.
     Let me put it another way, people in various kinds of twelve step programs...well, the first thing is that they  turn it all over to a "higher power."  Okay! But, what are the rest of the steps? They  have to take a moral inventory, they have to make amends to people they have harmed, continue to take a moral inventory, and so forth. All of which is designed to give one a sense of self worth (ego). It is only then, that one can move on to the 11th and 12th steps, which deal with "spiritual awakening."
     Folks, we all have ego and that is a good thing, not a bad one. Just look at our naming conventions on this site, some choose to call themselves "The Grand Poobah" or "Mystical Merlin of the RavenKing" (I hope I just made these up and no one actually uses these, if so, no insult intended) and then proceed to discuss how ego is so very bad, and seek to rid themselves of it. Don't you find that strange?

In Peace and Love,
Marty

Very well said Marty!
Shantina
Posted 10/22/2007 12:14 PM (#2733 - in reply to #2719)

Excellent! I very much enjoyed reading this response, Marty. Very well put :-)

Shantina
mruppert
Posted 10/24/2007 12:10 AM (#2748 - in reply to #2175)

Hi Lyon-ness:
"other than that, racism will be there regardless of the law anyway"
Yes! You are correct. And, your words hit me in the heart, simply because the love of one another must come from the heart, but many hearts are filled with an irrational hate. And, moreso, an institutionalized hate.
We cannot think of racism as a one way street....we have to realize that it is a two way avenue. For example, the whites of the "Gran Aparthied" South Africa are now the subject of racial prejudice..some call it retribution...but the generations of whites now had absolutely nothing to do with what their forebears did. Yet, the indigenous population hate them because they are white. Even though, the indigenous population have achieved the goals they sought....there is still hatred and prejudice.
     Once the seed is ingrained and grows, it is hard to root it out.  It is like a weed that cannot be rid of.
     So, what's the answer, Lyonna?

Peace Profound, (an AMORC greeting)
Marty and assorted cats....some who are sleeping

mruppert
Posted 10/29/2007 1:37 AM (#2787 - in reply to #2175)

AHAA! Lyonness...I finally understand! But, unless you are them, you will never be invisible, and never walk on the wind!
Peace Profound,
Marty and sorted out cats, Sissy, Lucky and Poppyhead
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software