University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Healing and money
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Danjummai
Posted 8/4/2007 3:38 PM (#2472 - in reply to #2125)
Subject: RE: Healing and money

PhD Alumni

Hi Everyone,

I do not know whether I have come in a little late on this topic or not. Nonetheless, I want to think that may be the reason why some healers are tried in the matter of money has something to do with the yoke of doubt inherent in minds. Healing is invariably a no coincidence. It is something to do with mastering the matrix combination which is something hidden, something in the mind and to be able to channel that energy to the right places. Doubt is a great obstacle in the process of growth and maturity. Orthodox health practitioners will not hesitate to explain to their patients the cost implication of a therapy. The first thing they do before embarking in the process of healing is to charge you.

I have this idea of precision healing in which healers Worth-their-salt will diagnose/analyze patients and issues based on a set framework and achieve an on-the-dot solution. I know there are healers of this caliber working out there. I have come across a few in this life's unending search. Those I met have no room for what we know as humility. They charge you for their service and unfailingly deliver. I think what such guys have is more than the humility and self-confidence taught us in healing classes. What those guys are able to do is to have synchronized the art of their trade and are able to proudly exert it in the right places.

Humility, yeah, no doubt, the bedrock of gift of healing. But still, I think it is supposed to reach healers onto Absolute Control. "To give and expect nothing in return," is such a powerful maxim if it conforms with laws of balance. Some healers are strictly prohibited from requesting or recieving anything from sitters/patients throughout their learning period. The saying is that they should not take while learning for the virtue in giving out is what builds our inner being. That sounds OK to me on the basis that it should be strictly during a short learning period. I see nothing wrong with taking the little manna after graduation. I want to think that there is no free lunch even with God (or the Source.). Two things will prevent a healer from receiving their God/Nature given right - one is when the healer is not too sure what they are doing or that they are rich enough and therefore do not want to add up in money, which is another strong healing tonic. I am not sure of what I doodled. I am not sure whether  I have made a meaningful contribution. 

PEACE.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 8/4/2007 8:19 PM (#2474 - in reply to #2472)

UMS Student

Hi Danjummai

Thank you so much for your input, it is very good to hear different views on this subject and I will certainly take what you have written and really think about it. I do a great deal of thinking as I am constantly searching for my answers, this is why I need to meditate so I can allow time for intuition. In the very recent past I seem to have been bouncing back and forth in the process of working everything out in my own mind.

There are so many around who are not on the level of the healers that you mention, which is why there seems to be such a debate about this subject, in Britain at any rate.

Very best wishes

Elizabeth
mruppert
Posted 8/4/2007 11:47 PM (#2475 - in reply to #2125)

Hi everybody:
"one is when the healer is not too sure what they are doing"

I think this comment says it all!

Peace Profound,
Marty
Laura Phillips
Posted 8/5/2007 5:41 PM (#2483 - in reply to #2125)

This might be a little long, I apologize, but it might really shed some light on spirituality and money, and is a way that Christine Breese and UMS approaches the subject... (Thess are words I've pulled from Christine's articles and talks on the subject, because this is an issue I have talked with her a lot about since it interests me, I didn't put quotes around all the spots, but a lot of these words are hers.)

I have heard Christine Breese, the founder of UMS, say that even though Metaphysicians get their degrees and credentials, there is no required "residency program" period, apprenticeship or internship that people such as psychologists and medical doctors go through. For instance, when a students finishes studies after 7-8 years at a medical University, they then are requried to work basically for free (or at least at minimum wage) in a clinical setting in order to hone their skills and complete their apprenticeship in a live format. This is something that is required, although UMS doesn't require it becuase logistically it could not be set up since metaphysics is such a new and emerging field, there are no "metaphysical hospitals" in this era, although there may be some in the future. So Christine has said that students should expect to have life provide their apprenticeship for them, since life is the teacher, the guru, really. She says that really life is where you get your metaphysical degree, not UMS, so to speak. Christine worked many many years without expecting or wanting pay because she considered it her apprenticeship, her residency program, self imposed of course.

Spiritual Apprentiship or Residency Program

So the founder of UMS says to offer your help, counseling and assistance wherever the universe calls on you to do it, whether pay is involved or not. It doesn't matter whether you get paid or not. You are still getting piad in your "aspiritual bank account" and that is the one that matters and that's the only one you get to take with you when you leave this lifetime.

Practice makes perfect. As your skills grow and you become better at what you do, your lightworkings become more efficient, and then the universe finds ways for you to do it in a more "full time" way because a skilled metaphysician is quite useful on the planet. The powers that be will find ways for you to make a living at it once you are really good at it and have a lot of practice under your belt. Don't expect to get rich on spiritual work though. It happens for some, like the Deepak Chopras and other famous spiritual workers, but that will be a rarity. To expect to get rich means that you aren't in spiritual work for the right reason in the first place.

I Disagree

I disagree with the part about "if the practicioner doesn't believe in what he or she is doing, has trouble charging money" part. I don't remember the quote exactly, but that was the jist of it.

Jesus put out a lot of serious healing sessions and talks, and yet he never got paid much, couldn't even make a living, really. For the most part, quoteing Christine Breese, "he was just couch surfing and camping and food was given to him. He was a classic wandering teacher who could care less about money and if you didn't have money to pay him, he never withheld his services. He gave freely wherever he was placed to give the love."

I don't believe that not making much money at your spiritual services really is a measurment of how much you believe in the potency of the work you do. I think that in some cases it might, but across the board, it doesn't. If you'd like to see an article on UMS's policies about money and Christine's views, visit http://www.umsonline.org/Donations/FullArticleMoneyMetaphysicsMetap...

In A Nutshell

Well, I just wanted to give some perspective on healing and money, I really like the way UMS approaches the idea. Yes, we all need money to live on, we all would like to do spiritual work for a living, and even if it is a humble living most of us would be happy with that alone. However, until that manifests, Christine says to help everyone who comes through your life if you are presented with the opportunity because your spiritual bank account is what really matters, and even iof your worldly bank account doesn't let you live on it full time doing spiritual work, know that what you are doing really matters in the grand scheme of things and you will be able to give a full account of your life with a good conscience and a big spiritual bank account full of good karma!

mruppert
Posted 8/6/2007 10:42 PM (#2485 - in reply to #2125)

Hi all:
     Again, the historian in me speaks....
     There were times and ages when money (as we conceive of it) did not exist, at least not for the common man. There was barter and trade, just as there was enforced labor for nothing in return. And, there was most certainly the more powerful taking  from the less powerful without fair exchange.
     When money (as we know it) exercised its dominion over us, we did not reject it...but instead embraced and encouraged. In the country that I live in (USA) there were, at one time, men so powerful by virtue of money, that the compact that we formed to create this very country, i.e. the Federal Government, would "borrow" money from these men; as they had more of it than the entire government had. Several men  "paid" for a war out of their own pockets.
     Orson Wells, in his portrayal of "Citizen Kane" was not just making a commentary on William Randolph Hearst, but also on at least three other very rich men. Hint...the opera scene involves both Carnegie and Mellon.
     I would very much like to put together a course on the influence of "money" on us;  as moral, spiritual, and ethical beings. I think a lot can be learned.
     I have concluded that when I leave this mortal vessel, the money that I have, no matter how great or small, will mean absolutely nothing to me. It may well mean something for those that live beyond me, depending on what I have done with it.
     Do we think the Pharoahs of Ancient Egypt (the god-men/women) stupid? They saw what happened to Pharoahs before them.The lived when it did happen. Maybe it was their way of spreading wealth, but making the wealth gained have meaning.
     "We came to the pyramids all embedded in ice.
       He said 'there's a body I'm trying to find'.
       'If we carry it out it'll bring a good price'.
       It was then that I knew what he had on his mind"
                                                           -The Ballad of Isis

Peace n' Love,
Marty
Danjummai
Posted 8/7/2007 9:13 AM (#2491 - in reply to #2125)

PhD Alumni

Hi Elizabeth,

I am sorry if I forgot to mention 'healers-austerity' in my first input this because I said about humility which our fasting and meditation in isolation or seclusion is meant to create. This period of austerity is meant for formatting one's mind and installing on our systems the brand new virus-less or incorruptible Divine Program. I just feel that the system having undergone this meticulous process of Proper Upgrading (Karma settling) is supposed to operate not in the past infested state of being, but in the present holiness, ridden off all weaknesses. May be Jesus and the rest of them models of humanity were able to subsist poverty and the challenges of their times due to that process of 'proper upgrading'. One thing that we are all sure of is that they had CONTENTION which is the greatst riches that the heavens and earth can give.This not to say that some of them, the likes of King Solomon, did not live like Kings in their austerity. On the other hand, I want to think that there is indeed a Metaphysical Hospital in 'Austerity' and it was shown us that we may reign supreme in the numerous challenges of our unfortunate era in which money is almost everything. I am not sure what I have said. I not sure about anything.

Blessings!
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 8/7/2007 2:11 PM (#2493 - in reply to #2491)

UMS Student

Hi Danjummai

You may not be sure what you have said but I do sense that you are passing on messages direct to me and for that I thank you.

Your messages are helping me, I understand parts and the rest is for me to ponder over.

Bless you
Danjummai
Posted 8/9/2007 5:19 PM (#2505 - in reply to #2125)

PhD Alumni

Hi Elizabeth,

There was a little mix-up in my earlier post. I was trying to convey about CONTENTMENT and I doodled CONTENTION, 'Writers' Devil' and perhaps the way the mind jugles to convey what it could of our thoughts.

Elizabeth Ann
Posted 8/9/2007 5:47 PM (#2506 - in reply to #2491)

UMS Student

Hi Danjummai

Funnily emough the word contentment does not have a positive meaning to me, I see it as being stuck in a rut with no incentive to move onwards and upwards. So perhaps contention was the right word for me in this context?

Bright Blessings

Aquarius
Posted 8/12/2007 11:51 AM (#2511 - in reply to #2125)

UMS Guest

Dear Friends – to settle the dispute, may I quote from the Oxford Dictionary?

Contentment: satisfied state; tranquil happiness.

Contention: strife, dispute, rivalry
Contentious: quarrelsome, involving contention.

Surely, Elizabeth, you cannot mean that?

Bright blessings – Aquarius

Elizabeth Ann
Posted 8/12/2007 3:00 PM (#2512 - in reply to #2511)

UMS Student

I was not aware that there was any dispute!

When I am working with people based on cognitive behaviour psychology, I am challenging people so they think about what and how they believe for themselves. If they had achieved contentment they would not require my input. If I was in a satisfied state of tranquil happiness I would have no need to continually search for MY answers and in finding them be able to understand where others are coming from. Not to judge them you understand but to work out how their mind works so I can find ways of helping that they will be able to relate to.

So strife, dispute and rivalry are a very big part of what I am trying to help others to overcome. I am no saint myself so I really do understand these feelings and the labels attached to them. It has always been difficult to explain how I work and feel because WORDS are just LABELS to me, my mind seems to work in a very strange way but it gives me plenty to think about on my personal search and my work.

Often I do not even try to explain because of the lack of suitable words and each persons own interpretations of them. As a child and teenager and indeed in recent years I found myself putting together my own words which no dictionary will contain much less apply a meaning to.

What I was conveying is that Danjummai’s words have a deep meaning for me, but maybe for no one else. I feel that he is channelling messages to me from a very high level, my mind then gives me meaning for me to continue with my journey.

Bless you all.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software