University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Managing creative flow
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Frank in Japan
Posted 6/20/2007 8:51 PM (#2066)
Subject: Managing creative flow

student

I'm interested to hear about ideas for managing creative flow. Since increasing my receptivity to creative insights and inspiration, I have found the magnitude of inspiration overwhelming at times. I would like to able to just switch it on and off at will, but it seems that once I get started on something, the momentum is very hard to control and projects become stressful to balance with other activities.

Although I am grateful for the renewed opening of creative flow, I wonder if there are some experiences out there of how to balance it all out...

For example, I have found through meditation that the inspiration flowing through me, is not something I need to desperately grab onto and store in a physical medium. This has been helpful.

Maybe it's something that will balance itself out, as other areas of my life adjust to accommodate the changes in this area.

Any ideas would be great to hear about.

Blessings and peace,

Frank

Top of the page Bottom of the page
NothingEverything
Posted 6/21/2007 3:54 PM (#2068 - in reply to #2066)
Subject: RE: Managing creative flow

UMS Student

Hey Frank,
Even though I am part of the operations and intelligence in the military and have a family, I live on a creative whim.
I let it rush through me like a roaring river and follow it wherever, and don’t really think about it.
I start a hundred things and complete few, I’m often aloof and people constantly remind me of my worldly obligations.
I hate being a slave to the clock, and take off my watch whenever im not at work, I am impulsive and spontaneous.
And yet I am very successful, in the military and as a husband/father even though I am so distanced from a "working mentality"
I made 5 ranks in 5 years and never studied for the test; I took responsibilities far out of my pay grade and took hard supervisor positions.
But never once enforced order or other military virtues, seems that people are generally self governed and appreciate being respected.
Maybe the same is true for that creative flow.
Frank in Japan
Posted 6/30/2007 9:07 PM (#2114 - in reply to #2066)

student

Thanks for the reply!

I see your point, and I can see the value of not putting brakes on ideas when they come to mind.

I guess during this time of transition of becoming more in tune with (and actually using) intuition, conflicts with the 'old thinking' are bound to surface and require adjustment. I've noticed that when i am creatively driven, there is nothing else I'd rather be doing. The results of going with this flow have always been many steps ahead of the old analyze/research/test/assessment method of getting things done.

I guess my original concern was about possibly neglecting other important parts of my life as I totally focus on an intuitive flow of information. However, I feel that the source of this intuitive energy is good, and not likely to manifest imbalances purely on it's own.

Blessings and peace,

Frank
Supernatural3
Posted 7/1/2007 12:30 PM (#2116 - in reply to #2066)

PhD Alumni

my creative flow seemed to always be on and i actually felt the same Frank... as if i needed to control it more. I felt pulled in way too many directions and couldn't put my foot on an actual target to use it all with. BUT.... it came to me. It took a change but i was finally able to put all my efforts and talent into one perspective and combine them. just takes a while, but it does kick in.

You will find your one, that combines many.

Mine is hypnotherapy..... I am still able to use metaphysics, healing imagery, dream interpretations, mental creativity.... while guiding my client. I was an artist before (tattoo) and i gave people what they wanted and used my art skills, and also gave readings, but never was i able to make a real difference until i went with the flow and changed completely.

Look for that change...... it will pull you.

Blessings~
Aquarius
Posted 7/2/2007 11:25 AM (#2117 - in reply to #2066)

UMS Guest

The way I see it, for all those who are on the Earth now there is a special task waiting to be fulfilled, something that can only be done by them. That is the very reason why we are here and why each had to develop their unique special set of gifts and talents. And wherever we may find ourselves, we are always in the right place and we are there to do our share of making our planet a better, happier, more peaceful and beautiful place. Finding our special task is a bit like applying for a job, but this time we shall be luckier than we have ever been before with this kind of thing. Just imagine: out of billions of applications we are the only one who has the right qualifications. What more could anyone ask for? What more can we do to find what is rightfully ours? Not through pursuing selfish purposes and seeing life as an endless round of pleasure-seeking; that’s for sure. When we strive to work for the good of the whole, allowing our innermost feelings, highest aspirations, hopes, ideals and dreams to guide us towards the fulfilment of our Highest potential, we shall intuitively feel drawn to what is rightfully ours.

We are living in exciting times and we have come into this lifetime to learn to always ask for the guiding, helping and protecting hand of the Highest Authority and the Brightest Light in the whole of Creation; nothing else is good enough any longer. Although some are finding this difficult, persevering is worth our while, for this is everybody’s opportunity to learn once again to walk safely on our planet and to become one of   its healers, guardians and keepers. Hand in hand with God and the Angels, each can do their share of blessing and healing Mother Earth and all her Kingdoms. We all have a contribution to make to the welfare of our planet, helping it to gradually become a better place for everybody and everything that shares this life with us.

By the way, this is by no means entirely unselfish! Although we are working for future generations, it needs bearing in mind that in a different guise we shall once again be walking amongst them. Now, if that does not make it all worth while, then please tell me what is.

With Love and Light,
Aquarius

Frank in Japan
Posted 7/2/2007 9:38 PM (#2121 - in reply to #2066)

student

Thanks DocJ, I see what you mean, and I'll focus on looking for and tuning into that pulling force toward which this creative energy is being guided to.

Thank you Aquarius, your reply is very encouraging and uplifting indeed. It certainly is clearer to me now, the purpose behind the immense flows of creativity which were initially overwhelming. After reading your reply I have found a much renewed awareness of the unique opportunities I am surrounded with in my life.

I must say too, you are very gifted at bringing together your ideas in clear writing.

Blessings and peace,

Frank

Edited by Frank in Japan 7/2/2007 9:41 PM
Aquarius
Posted 7/4/2007 11:43 AM (#2129 - in reply to #2066)

UMS Guest

Thank you and bless you, Frank - if you listen to your inner guidance and follow the leads that will be given to you that way, you are sure to find what is rightfully yours. It does sound to me as if you were already well on your way of doing so! Keep on keeping on. With love and light - Aquarius

Tracy Martin
Posted 7/4/2007 7:59 PM (#2133 - in reply to #2066)

Alumni

Let your creativity flow Frank! Let it flood your mind, your body, your home, your world! Consider Einstein, DaVinci, VanGogh.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software