University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Healing methods and request for healing
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Aquarius
Posted 6/29/2007 12:06 PM (#2112 - in reply to #2030)
Subject: RE: Healing methods and request for healing

UMS Guest

P.S. To my previous posting:

With the coming of the Aquarian Age, the mists of the illusion, which Earth life has created for humankind, are beginning to dissolve. We are now re-discovering and re-entering into the wisdom and knowledge of past ages and lost civilisations. They reveal that the symbolisms, legends and allegories of the Bible have always contained genuine nuggets and grains of truth. And it is for those who are here now to decipher the hidden meanings of the sacred texts of the religions of past ages, as well as some of those that are practised to this day. A great many contain the pure gold of Divine wisdom, which has been hidden up to now from the view of our world. Therefore, let us start unearthing some of them and find new interpretations for them, which increase our comprehension of the purpose of this life and all life.

Throughout the ages, parts of the Ancient Wisdom have time and again been presented and re-interpreted in ever different forms. Many of the messages that came to our world in this way from many sources were often hard or impossible to understand. At last, they are beginning to convey to us their true meaning and speaking to us better than ever before in the long history of our evolution. We shall return to this theme in more detail later. Receiving the wisdom of the Highest is one thing; understanding and unearthing their esoteric higher meaning is quite another. This has always presented our world with many problems. For example, many Bible quotes make a great deal more sense, when one becomes aware that they are hidden references to the law of Karma.

To illustrate the point, you might like to reflect on St. Luke 6:27-38 ‘But I say to you who hear: ‘Love your enemies and do good to those who hate you. And bless those who curse you, and pray for those who compel you to carry burdens. And to those who strike you on the cheek, offer to them the other. And to them who take away your robe, do not refuse your shirt also. Give to everyone who asks you; and from them who take away what is yours, do not demand it back again. Just as you want people to do to you, do to them likewise. For if you love those who love you, what is your blessing? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good only to those who do good to you, what is your blessing? For sinners also do the same. And if you lend only to them by whom you expect to be paid back, what is your blessing? For sinners also lend to sinners, to be paid back likewise. But love your enemies and do good to them, and lend and do not cut off any person’s hope; so your reward will increase and you will become children of the Highest. For He is gracious to the wicked and the cruel. Be therefore merciful, as your Father is also merciful. Judge not and you will not be judged. Condemn not and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you shall be forgiven. Give and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken down and running over, they will pour into your robe. For with the measure that you measure, it will be measured to you.’

When the Christ Spirit thus spoke through the Master Jesus, it was too early in the evolution of our race to tell us about the workings of the karmic law. As the majority of souls would not have understood the underlying message, the infinite wisdom of the Highest thought of a simpler way of saying that whatever we send out must return to us. Naturally, this is also true for any bread we cast on the water – the good we do in this life. The benefits this creates rarely come back to us through the same people. Yet, any love given will always find its way home to us, in one form or another.

With love and light,

Aquarius

Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 7/3/2007 12:26 AM (#2122 - in reply to #2030)

Hi Aquarius:
Didja notice that people are staying out of this discussion now?
We (us all in this forum) cannot speak to each other face to face, so we cannot know what inflections and nuances that we write have.
I have re-read the posts and I have discovered that, in context, my remark may be perceived to be antagonistic to something which you said. So much so that you posted and post scripted.
For this, please accept my sincere apology, as I did not in anyway intend to mock what you believe.
But, I stand by what my meaning was, which was definitely not a personal criticism or attack.
Nuggets of wisdom are fine, as long as they are pertinent to the one who is seeking the wisdom. A "nugget of wisdom" might be "drink milk and you will have healthy bones." Great nugget of wisdom for a nuturing child, but not really good for an old lady suffering from osteoperosis(sp?) The old lady needs something more...what that is I do not know, but can only surmise. Maybe comfort? Moreso, maybe alleviating the pain????
I have, indeed, reflected on your references. RC's (Roman Catholics) of which I am born into the faith, generally do not read the Bible, as it is not that important to us/them; but we are not ignorant of it. We/they believe that Jesus is always with us, and we/they celebrate him by consuming his flesh and drinking his blood every Sunday. Bread and wine transformed into the body and blood of Christ! A canniballistic and vampyric religion. Much like some ancient civilizations with their ancient wisdom, don't you think?
Still, I do not argue with how you read the Bible (I don't even know what Bible you read!), but when you get up to what we call "The Vision of St. John the Apostle", others call "The Apocalypse" (as do some of our bibles, as Catholicism has many faces) and the Protestants call "Revelations" I would be curious as to your thoughts on it, and what gems you find there!
Arrrgh! This is religion.....and I do not like to discuss this in a metaphysical forum, though understanding each is understanding all.....universal means catholic and catholic means universal.
With warm regards, and a universal wish for peace amongst us all,
I am, sincerely yours,
Marty

NothingEverything
Posted 7/3/2007 8:17 AM (#2123 - in reply to #2030)

UMS Student

belief is the strongest weapon, and the toughest defense. and everyone has them, all we can do is appriciate and respect others unique points of view. conforming in futile, imforming in fruitful. flashing swords around just scares the peaceful away and promotes aggression.
Aquarius
Posted 7/4/2007 11:36 AM (#2128 - in reply to #2030)

UMS Guest

Dear Marty,
You are raising quite a number of interesting points and questions about the Bible to which I would not be the right person to even start to supply any answers. Although I have been known to visit churches and also to take part in their services, as well as enjoying them, I have every intention of remaining the free spirit I always have been. Not by any stretch of the imagination could anyone call me a bible thumper, in spite of the fact that two of my most treasured possessions are Bibles. My favourite one is Dr. George M. Lamsa’s translation of the Peshitta, the ancient original Aramaic texts; the second one is the New King James Version 1982. One of their most interesting aspects for me is that this creates opportunities for comparing different interpretations of the same text.

Let me give you an example: Lamsa’s translation from the Gospel of St. John 1:5 reads: ‘The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.’ The King James’ Version interprets the same to mean: ‘And the Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.’ Although that sounds contradictory, isn’t it delightful how at the same time both texts complement each other and how each one – in its own way – reflects a different part of our evolution? That in itself is not really surprising either because Lamsa lived 1892/1975, whereas the King James Bible dates much further back. It was not translated by one person but a team that consisted of many. The work began in 1604 by 47 scholars, who were organised into six companies; their completed work was issued in 1611.

‘God created human beings and because He made them like himself, He created them to be woman and man.’ That is my interpretation of the wisdom that was given to our world in the Book of Genesis of the Old Testament. Bearing in mind the major moving forward that is sure to have taken place in our consciousness, since the Scriptures were written – and that part in particular, it seems strange to me that to this day, so many are still discussing whether every word of the Bible should be taken literally. Naturally, I can speak only for myself, but I would not wish to take too many of its teachings as if they were unchangeable and chiselled in stone, simply because I would then be in danger of missing too much of the deep wisdom and sheer beauty they contain.

To my mind, the teachings of the Bible were valid at the time of their first appearance, whenever that may have been for its various parts. With the coming of the Age of Aquarius, however, the only thing that can move us and our world spiritually forward is to seek finding fresh interpretations of the wisdom the Bible undoubtedly has always contained. The teachings of the Scriptures are based on what is known as the Ancient Wisdom, and it is for us to decipher their hidden meanings. The Ancient Wisdom contains the Divine knowledge of the cosmic laws that govern all life, including that of Mother Earth and all life that is within her loving embrace. With the coming of the Aquarian Age, the mists of the illusion, which Earth life has created for humankind, are beginning to dissolve. We are now re-discovering and re-entering into the wisdom and knowledge of past ages and lost civilisations. To me, they reveal that the symbolisms, legends and allegories of the Bible have always contained genuine nuggets and grains of truth. I see it as everybody’s own task to find the hidden gold that has come to our world throughout the ages from many sources. In my writings, I enjoy unearthing some of it and newly interpret it, to help myself and others to find a fresh comprehension of what this life and all life is about.

With Love and Light,
Aquarius

mruppert
Posted 7/8/2007 1:06 AM (#2148 - in reply to #2030)

Hi Aquarius....
I am so glad to read your words, as we now walk on common ground, but in uniquely different ways; however, on the same path. The Peshitta (Syriac) is one of my collection of bibles, also. It is carried by modern day Maronite Christians, in Cypress and Lebanon. In Lebanon, it is the bible of blood, as the Phalangists were roundly defeated by Hezbollah, who have their own agenda, based on a purposeful view of the Quran.
It pains me to know that the beautiful city of Beirut, is all but destroyed because of the "Party of God" ........for those who don't know....and I can't write Arabic script as I don't have the font.....it is "Hizbu Allah."
So, "healing methods and request for healing" brings us to this! And, well it should, as I have learned something from Aquarius.
For that, I am grateful,
To you, Aquarius!
Peace Profound,
Marty
Aquarius
Posted 7/8/2007 9:34 AM (#2153 - in reply to #2030)

UMS Guest

Bless you, Marty, and thank you for having taught me something valuable in return! Indeed, we are all on the same pathway - back home into our true nature. And this topic does belong into this thread - because this lifetime for all of us is all about healing - ourselves, each other and our world. That's why we are all here together. With love and light - Aquarius

mruppert
Posted 7/9/2007 11:09 PM (#2166 - in reply to #2030)

Hi Aquarius:
Thanks for both messages. I shall look, learn and understand as much as I can.
I do, indeed, lose sight of the higher purpose of what I do, and bog myself down in proving things to those that scoff at , say, people like you (and me, with my outrageous beliefs). It disturbs me and bothers me, not because of resentment, but because of the ignorance and belligerance that people possess. Doc J has suggested that I need to be forgiving.
I have a problem with that, and I shall need to work on it. I have people with PhD's claiming that I am out of my mind (a nutter, for my english compatriots) because I believe that ghosts exist, and claim that I can prove it. They question my research...and no, I don't use the blotchy orb pictures, as they are useless); I use mathematics, physics and philosophy...which leads me to mysticism...the earliest and greatest form of philosophy). Then, they want to know my degrees, so I tell them. And, they laugh at my BA from CUA, a perfectly valid degree. BUT, no where near their lofty PhD's. from Harvard, Yale, MIT, UCLA, CalTech, etc. On the defensive, I tell them that they are all a bunch of pompous $#@holes, as I am a member of Mensa, with an IQ measured at 197 on the Cattell scale and whatever on the Stanford-Binet scale. This always causes a pause, but, they recover fairly quickly and promote me from a nutter to an "eccentric". At least I move up in the world!
Thanks for everything, Aqua,
Your friend, Marty
Card Zero
Posted 7/11/2007 2:18 PM (#2171 - in reply to #2166)

Good morning Marty,

It's always struck me as wrong that intellectual snobbery like that exists in the world of academia. Don't get me wrong, I love being involved in that world and the greatest people I've ever met are academics. But when people start "pulling out their...degrees" and comparing them as though like their facts are better than everyone else's facts (especially when they're the same facts!)...well, it just makes me think of dogs squabbling over a bone. It happens in metaphysics too. As though there is not enough knowledge, wisdom, and enlightenment around for the taking that we all have to fight over whose particular brand is best. Silly, no?

My offered solution is, of course, to laugh. There are very few attacks against your nature that can withstand a few good belly laughs. Also, persevere. All great breakthroughs start out as radical theories. What turns them into great ideas is almost always a very rigorous testing process! Think of your compatriots as unwitting allies in that testing process. If your proofs are over their heads, perhaps you need to modify them so they can understand. Sort of like adding an extra step to a mathematical proof to increase clarity. Finally, you must never shrink from modifying your hypothesis if the proof turns out to be inconclusive. A wise man told me that making mistakes is often the fastest way to find the right answer to a question!

Good luck to you, Marty!
mruppert
Posted 7/13/2007 12:35 AM (#2193 - in reply to #2030)

Hi all:
Harli...good to "hear" (as I can hear your words) from you again!
The concept that Virgos are "cold, dispassionate" people is really a misconception. Our Aquarius (by that I mean the Aquarius of this forum) opened my eyes to some new concepts. It aroused something in me, that made me express the passion that I feel. Virgos are very feeling people. Hence, my defensiveness of myself and defending Aquarius.
You are absolutley right. I do laugh constantly, sometimes long and hard. I am like a little kid, though I am a grown man.
On the other hand, I do feel a sense of urgency, to the respect that there are many things going on that need to be addressed.
Six hundred years, plus or minus, mainly plus, we are in the Age of Aquarius. But, will there be anybody at home?
I recall, at least I think I do, that a silly play, but great music, called "Hair" sang about the dawning of the age of Aquarius. This engendered such a movement into spiritualism, mysticism and enlightenment that it's effects are still seen, but do not shine as brightly as then.
I want the sun to shine again!
Sincerely,
Marty
mruppert
Posted 7/13/2007 12:56 AM (#2194 - in reply to #2030)

Hi again...NTET...this thread has gone wild and all for the good.
To address your original post, which started this all.....yes, there is healing going on. It is very, very real!
Out of respect for privacy in communications that are meant to be private, I cannot say who is involved. However, if you have a desire to contact the healer, send me a private message, and I will forward that message on.
Peace,
Marty
NothingEverything
Posted 7/13/2007 7:34 AM (#2196 - in reply to #2030)

UMS Student

im very glad this thread has evolved the way it has, i dont believe it ever lost its purpose at all.
understanding is an ultimate mending energy.
Aquarius
Posted 7/13/2007 12:02 PM (#2199 - in reply to #2030)

UMS Guest

Dear Friends,
To my mind, understanding is the key for unlocking all the mysteries of our world, including that of why there is so much suffering in it. The knowledge that is now coming to us is an instrument that is being placed into everybody’s own hands to do their share of bringing the present evolutionary phase of humankind to a happy ending. The first and most important item in our tool kit is making ourselves familiar with the workings of the law of Karma. In a nutshell, this means that every action causes a reaction and that everything must return to its source. Therefore, whatever we send out into our world must always return to us, the sender. It is a law that rules all life and it makes no difference whether we are as yet aware of it or not. However, as we progress on the healing journey that is this lifetime, our understanding grows. We gradually accumulate ever more spiritual knowledge, and when we have learnt to apply the law wisely to our own life and relationships, I guarantee you that both will begin to flow much more smoothly. Eventually, the time comes when our soul’s grasp of these things is so deeply embedded in us that we pray for forgiveness, especially for those who are sinning against us, like the Master Jesus on the Cross before us: ‘O Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing.’ St. Luke 23:34

With Love and Light,
Aquarius

mruppert
Posted 7/14/2007 12:32 AM (#2204 - in reply to #2030)

Hi Aquarius:
"But about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying "Eli, Eli, lema sabacthani," that is, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me"? And some of the bystanders on hearing this said, "This man is calling Elias" ...."Wait, let us see whether Elias is coming to save him." But Jesus again cried out with a loud voice, and gave up his spirit.
And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom, and the earth quaked, and the rocks were rent, and the tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep arose;......
.....can't tell you exactly where, as my books are all over the place, but it is St. Matthew 27.
Love to you,
Marty
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software