University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mesmer's Animal Magnetism
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

NothingEverything
Posted 6/5/2007 7:48 AM (#1973)
Subject: Mesmer's Animal Magnetism

UMS Student

In my humble opinion, there is much that can be learned from Anton Mesmer's Animal magnetism.
Here i will post a book for you all to read if you wish discussing the practice of this.
Please share your thoughts reguarding this practice.

...well, i cant attach the file, its times out before it finished
so here is where the book is on the web
http://books.google.com/books?id=XAAAAAAAQAAJ&pg=PA1&dq=practical+i...

Edited by NothingEverything 6/5/2007 7:55 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 7/8/2007 2:34 AM (#2149 - in reply to #1973)
Subject: RE: Mesmer's Animal Magnetism

Hello NTET:
This is fantastic in more ways than one. To see Trigeminal Neuralgia referred to as Tic Douloureux brought back memories from a long time ago.
The reference to magnetic water is not unique. It is what Rosicrucians learn at an advanced level, by todays measure, but who knows how the knowledge was passed down in the time contemporaneous to this text.
I have got to read this several times, and pay attention to the footnotes. This is truly a masterpiece!
Thank you for this!!!!
Regards,
Marty
mruppert
Posted 7/8/2007 2:47 AM (#2150 - in reply to #1973)

Oh...and Gabster.....if you are browsing....download the book. It is 8.2M in pdf format. We need to talk about this!
Supernatural3
Posted 7/8/2007 12:28 PM (#2155 - in reply to #1973)

PhD Alumni

I am allergic to animals..... WHAAAAAAA
mruppert
Posted 7/9/2007 8:27 PM (#2161 - in reply to #1973)

Hi Doc J:
I hope all is well with you. Please read the text and discover things which will resonate with you.
By the way, I was highly allergic to cats. One of my two sisters was also the same and remains the same. Yet, my niece has a rabbit, and that does not seem to bother my sister. My other sister had a wounded peacock, and a manatee for her version of pets.
My first encounter with cats, too many years ago, was a rescue of a cat family. Mom and a bunch of kittens homeless, living in a bush.
Well, I took them in, and after several weeks of sneezing, and wheezing, and coughing, and crying, and asthmatic breathing, I woke up one day, with cats about my head, and I was perfectly fine. It was something about the purring, how pleasing a sound it is! A healing sound.
Anyway, a remarkable occurrence happened when my peacock/manatee sister came for a visit. We went to an area restaurant called Timbuktu. We stayed until closing, then set off into the parking lot for the drive home. As we, and the few other diners, were walking to our cars, a "herd" of about 11 or 12 cats came from the opposite end of the parking lot. Most were gray or brown and beautifully colored, at that. There was one little (and the only) black one, who started to do tricks...running in circles as if in a dance and doing somersaults. We all stopped and looked and laughed at this little show. He/she(?) came over to my sister to say hello. Meanwhile the others had gone straight to the entrance of the restaurant , and one had climbed
to the top of the archway entrance, parading up and down.
We could not believe what we saw, and I wished that I had had a videocamera.
Upon returning to my apartment, my sister said something that made me really think; and that was "I KNOW why you have these cats!" And, I made my perfunctory statement which is "well, I don't ...they are a pain in the arse and a big nuisance, and destroy all my stuff". And she said "you have them because you love them." Ya know, she was exactly right.
They see things that I don't, they sense things that I don't, they know things that I don't.
As history records that those people we labeled as "witches" used cats as "familiars" ; I see this as perfectly true, since I have had cats for most of my adult life. And, as you know from another forum, my cats tend to live far far longer than most cats do.
I HAVE NO CLUE how I went off on this tangent!
Follow NTET's link, and see what knowledge was possessed by those that came before us!
NTET has given us a validation of how healing works...has ALWAYS worked, and it is worth the investment of time to read.
Peace and Love to you, Doc J, and all:
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 7/9/2007 10:01 PM (#2164 - in reply to #1973)

PhD Alumni

i will give it a shot.... but i am severe allergic to cats. I have a house dog and manage as long as i don't get too close often. I rub him daily, but i cannot sit and hold him. we have lots in our family though, so he still gets lots of attention.

I have tried like crazy to have a cat.... once i let in a lost cat and with in less than two minutes, i was having a severe asthma attack, and my eyes were swelling up shut. The only cat i was able to handle in 40 yrs is a ghost cat.

But, i am interested in this data so i will check it out.

Thanks for the info and support, i am glad to hear a success story, like yours. Congratulations on beating allergies.

HUGS
NothingEverything
Posted 7/11/2007 11:05 PM (#2178 - in reply to #1973)

UMS Student

Im glad you are all enjoying this book!
mruppert
Posted 7/12/2007 11:48 PM (#2192 - in reply to #1973)

Hi all and Doc J in particular......
Perhaps I am misinterpreting what you are saying, but I read your post, and I just want to say that if you have instant and severe reactions to anything, then don't do those things!
It is not known to me why I was able to overcome my allergy to cats; one of my sisters was not!
I believe that there are genetically predetermined intolerances, and that all the reading, chanting and meditating in the world will not stave off a severe, and life threatening reaction.
You gotta read the book, and see what it is really saying.
Oh, Doc....I have to say this.....there are those that can effect healing by therapeutic means, and be quite effective. I have looked at this now, for going on three years. Whether it is traditional, mystical, or occult, there is a signifiant factor in statistical studies. Then, there are those that can "naturally" heal. These people are generally inclined towards studying techniques, but they do not "need" them at all. These people can heal without names and conventions and titles.
The connection that I see, is that those that can, have had others in their family tree that could. Therefore, I conclude that it is not a "spontaneous gift", but that it is genetic, or if one objects to that term, "inherent" in one's very personhood.

With love and peace to you,
Marty
P.S. NTET - we are enjoying the book! Mesmer RULES!
Supernatural3
Posted 7/13/2007 7:05 AM (#2195 - in reply to #1973)

PhD Alumni

i see where you are coming from. My allergy is very genetic. My father was severely allergic, but he grew out of it. Has a cat now....

I didn't grow out of it, and if i did, i still wouldn't be able to have a cat, because my daughter is extreme like me. Our airways want to just close up.

I just have no desire to put myself through that anymore. LOL

But the read is good. Thanks so much

mruppert
Posted 7/15/2007 2:43 AM (#2217 - in reply to #1973)

Hi Doc:
Blessings to you!
But........I may not be the only one who has been waiting with baited breath to hear the story of the ghost cat!!!!!!
C'mon Doc, spill the beans......I REALLY want to hear this.

Sincerely,
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 7/16/2007 6:55 PM (#2238 - in reply to #1973)

PhD Alumni

Ok, you all asked for it. LOL

I swear it's real, at least it was to me and my husband. He didn't have the same experiences, but he did feel the cat at some points and now neither one of us do.

The Ghost Cat~

I was at my husband Tim's old house, while we still were only dating and for some reason cats were always around. I am allergic to cats so i made sure that none of them could ever come in, which wasn't a problem because Tim didn't like them either. Needless to say, one night when i was staying all night and both of us were just laying and talking lightly as we were going to bed. Something jumped up on the bed and walked around. I felt it crawl up towards a comfy spot, then circle around and lay down. It didn't scare me at all, because i have been in the paranormal field for years already and love ghostly things.

Anyway, I went home and the ghost cat must have come with me because after i felt it at his home, i then started feeling it at my own. I asked Tim one night while he was still awake if he could feel that and he said YEP, he sure could feel it. So i know i wasn't just creating this event in my head.

Now this is what i find really bizarre.

I have very lucid dreams, and sometimes i wake up and i am still in a dream state or my theta brain wave is still in mode. But i felt the cat come up, which kinda woke me up. At that point i looked at the cat and what do you know..... i saw the cat for the first time. I couldn't beleive i could actually SEE the cat, it was a medium sized orange tiger cat. I reached down to pet the cat and it tried to scratch me. I yelled at the cat right away, saying "Hey, I am not going to hurt you". At that moment, the cat, turned into a little girl. She was of African ethnicity. She had on a white dress with a red scarf and red apron. I asked her what happened and why she had chosen to be in cat form. She told me that her masters wife didn't like her, but she liked cats. So in a cat form, she felt safe. I asked her what hurt her? She said that she was hurt by her masters wife, because she was pregnant by her master.

Now i realized at this point that the girl did not realize she was free, but was stuck in slavery, even in her after life. But chose to be in the shape of a cat, due to feeling safe.

I told the little girl that she was free now. I told her to smile and dance as she is.... That she is beautiful and FREE and able to come and go as she pleases and that nobody would harm her. I also said that she was very much welcome to stay, but didn't have to.

The little girl looked at me with the biggest smile, that brought tears to my eyes, she twirled around, and was gone.

I never felt my ghost cat again. I call for her.... but i know she is free, happy and enjoying her new found REAL life.

This experience was truly a wonderful experience for me and i cherish it.
I now share it with you all....

HUGS
mruppert
Posted 7/16/2007 10:29 PM (#2245 - in reply to #1973)

Hi Doc:
Oh man......I DO believe every word you said. I am going to start a new discussion since this is getting far away from the subject of this one. I will post a message to you there.

Peace Profound,
Marty
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software