University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Be Here Now/Project Into the Future??
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Coyote_X
Posted 6/3/2007 6:35 PM (#1945)
Subject: Be Here Now/Project Into the Future??

I often hear the statement "Be here now" or simply put; to live in the moment. Yet, I also embrace the idea of projecting one's thoughts into the future, & visualizing an end result...(daydreaming, imagining etc.) I find both of these very useful, but also contradicting at the same time. What are your thoughts on this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 6/4/2007 9:52 AM (#1949 - in reply to #1945)
Subject: RE: Be Here Now/Project Into the Future??

PhD Alumni

Well, it's really impossible to live anything but NOW. We don't have conscious thought to the future, we only have what we feel for the moment, even if it's a future moment, you wouldn't feel it, if you didn't feel it NOW. Even a glimpse of the future, was felt in the present. Past and future are only illusions. We only have a forever NOW. This is why many people stress living in the NOW, because of stress and panic attacks. Which is a false emotion. To dwell on the unknown is creating havoc in the mind, instead of placing the focal point on right NOW.

It's basically to help people realize that they can control their "Now" time. Not to dwell on the future, or past.....
Blessings~
Coyote_X
Posted 6/4/2007 2:21 PM (#1960 - in reply to #1949)
Subject: ---

Edited by Coyote_X 6/4/2007 2:31 PM
Coyote_X
Posted 6/4/2007 2:21 PM (#1961 - in reply to #1949)

Thanx for the reply Supernatural, that makes a lot of sense...thank you

Edited by Coyote_X 6/4/2007 2:32 PM
Supernatural3
Posted 6/4/2007 3:44 PM (#1962 - in reply to #1945)

PhD Alumni

You are very welcome! Glad i could help!
Blessings~
NothingEverything
Posted 6/5/2007 11:03 AM (#1978 - in reply to #1949)

UMS Student

Genius Doc,
The present is a gift.
thats why we call it "the present".

Supernatural3 - 2007-06-05 10:52 PM

Well, it's really impossible to live anything but NOW. We don't have conscious thought to the future, we only have what we feel for the moment, even if it's a future moment, you wouldn't feel it, if you didn't feel it NOW. Even a glimpse of the future, was felt in the present. Past and future are only illusions. We only have a forever NOW. This is why many people stress living in the NOW, because of stress and panic attacks. Which is a false emotion. To dwell on the unknown is creating havoc in the mind, instead of placing the focal point on right NOW.

It's basically to help people realize that they can control their "Now" time. Not to dwell on the future, or past.....
Blessings~
Supernatural3
Posted 6/5/2007 2:50 PM (#1980 - in reply to #1945)

PhD Alumni

What a good way to put it....
I never really thought about it that way.
Awesome!
KUDOS!
mruppert
Posted 6/13/2007 10:49 PM (#2028 - in reply to #1945)

Hi all:
In this type of discussion; it is when I wish most that we could gather together and have a F2F kind of interaction. Simply because I cannot write enough explanatory words in a forum like this to explain the potentialities of time, as it relates to the perception that there is a "past, present and future".
So, at the surety of offending traditional science, and also, you all, I tell you that (based on my understanding of quantum mechanics, particularly as it is applied to zero point states) AND (my understanding of the Theory of Relativity and The Special Theory of Relativity, to explain gravitational force) AND (the hypothesis of "The Big Bang" to explain the creation of the so called universe) ; I will say what I believe to be true...and what ultimately, in a unusual way, brought me to this website and this school.
In my view, there are three basic principles: they are "all time exists"; "all time exists at all times" and "all time exists everywhere".
What this means, for practical purposes, is that if NOW, you are sick, there is ALSO a contemporaneous time when you are well. If you can follow that time dimension (as time is not linear like Einstein said ) then, you are well! This, by the way, is a common thread amongst most holistic healing systems.
I wish I could write thousands of more words to support this concept....but I cannot.
I am going to pose a suggestion to the moderators about a "communal" IM, a chat line, if you will....as this topic really deserves discussion.
Thanks to you Coyote Ten for raising a verrrry interesting question!
Regards,
Marty
AmeM
Posted 7/16/2007 9:50 PM (#2243 - in reply to #1945)

Even Thich Nhat Hanh (the Vietnamese Buddhist monk) says that while we live in the moment, it is still smart to plan for the future and to have goals to work towards. Otherwise, how would we learn and grow? (or put any money into our 401K?)
I AM
Posted 7/16/2007 11:32 PM (#2247 - in reply to #1945)

Living in the moment is paramount to one's success. When you live in the moment, you are living in the present reality within the world of form. When planning for the future or day-dreaming, you are present in the unseen world.

Funny thing is... the mind can't tell the difference from which is which because if you can go there in the mind you'll can go there in the physical. There's no difference from the two. Why? Your physical reality starts in the mind and everything around you is the result of a divine idea!

Edited by I AM 7/16/2007 11:33 PM
Thomas
Posted 7/17/2007 12:15 AM (#2254 - in reply to #1945)

The best way to resolve your contradiction is to answer this question truthfully. How long does a moment last?
I AM
Posted 7/17/2007 12:29 AM (#2255 - in reply to #1945)

Forever!
mruppert
Posted 7/17/2007 7:53 PM (#2269 - in reply to #1945)

Hi all and You Are in particular: (a little humor, very little....)
I Am is correct, at least in my world of science; a moment does last forever, as it is in the "now", was in the "past" and will be in the "future". It is, indeed, time! Not the ticks of a clock which only measure intervals of a given state, that happens to be perceptualized.
More than that, as I believe I Am knows, at zero point, all atom-nomic motion stops, so if you are riding an atomic, or subatomic particle, there is no time, as there is no change of state, i.e no motion. Classical and Neo Physics says that we should not see radiated energy at zero point. Yet, we do!!!! This is what I call potentiality, not to be confused with, but derivative of work going on as far back as Max Planck, up to and including David Bohm and Karl Pribram.

Regards to you all,
Marty
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software