University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Psychic Vampirism
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

schenn
Posted 4/16/2008 2:33 AM (#4377 - in reply to #1900)
Subject: RE: Psychic Vampirism

A side note since you mentioned Vlad. I dont know if he is or not, this physical body wasnt there heh, but something interesting. In his last campaign against the turks he went with a man named Stephen Bathoria. Time passed, he died, but when they dug up his coffin a few days later it was empty. DUH DUH DUUUHH!!

Where this gets interesting (to me) is that Elizabeth Bathoria was the famous female "vampire" of history and her story occured only 70 years after Vlads. A relatively short time. But yea, the world is an interesting place full of mysteries and things we're only now starting to understand. So, who knows

Anyway, Vampirisim has been in written history since written history and has appeared in legends on every continent on earth. (Pre-Anne Rice too!) There was an excellent show on Discovery regarding this particular subject and they showed and described the various legends.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 4/17/2008 12:05 AM (#4400 - in reply to #4377)

Oh Schenn:
     I like your style and approach to this subject...you give it the respect and worth that it deserves. And, yes, you are right! There is a great weight of historical evidence!!
     Ya know, I wish there was a way I could link people to what is considered to be a  dumb, crummy movie. It's gotta be available on BitTorrent....but a lot of ISP's are now blocking downloads.
      The topic is Psychic Vampirism, and the movie deals with the topic directly and offers the explanation that we are debating. The writer and director didn't dream this stuff up...at least not according to the way I think.
        But, then again, my ideas are radical, in that I believe that writers don't write about what they do not see.....just as painters don't paint what they do not see....it may not be what we see at the moment, but it is almost always "true" vision.
         Please go to another forum started by Doc J....as there is something odd......psychic vampirism????

Peace Profound,
marty and KittyKatzen
schenn
Posted 4/17/2008 2:04 AM (#4403 - in reply to #1900)

actually, a lot of ISPs are trying to get the legal ability to block them, they have yet to win ;-) If you tell us the name of the movie and we happen to torrent it on our own, thats our fault not yours. So you dont have to send an actual link and risk getting in trouble. I am really interested in seeing it.

Theres another forum for this discussion?? I'm not a student so I have limited access. I will be a student with the "economic stimulus" aka the loan from China. but until then...

Thanks for the compliment, I try to be a skeptic about what i am learning and the universe has been very patient with me in that regard heh. Most often it awaits my inner discovery and then it'll will guide me to a source of information that reflects very near (i only say that because when it comes to spiritual stuff its never 100%) what I came to the conclusion to already. Anubis and Amoun Ra are my spirit guides, and both have been very wonderful when it comes to my lessons.
sunflower
Posted 4/17/2008 4:04 AM (#4404 - in reply to #2151)

Elite Veteran

i think horroe movies,etc,are a dtriment to society,and the youngsters of today,are easily influenced by what they see,and in some cases act it out in real life,i.e.they beleive,so they are,phycologicaly damaging,and nowadays,videos,games etc,are getting more explicit,more evil,and should not be encouraged.It all leads to a kind of mass hysteria,just like the beleif in phsycic vampires,people r so afraid they will get drained,they turn away people in real need,just so the individual can protect themselves,and they are turning away a soul in need,isn,t our purpose on this earthplane to help those in need. Yes,it is true,when in the company of depressed,disturbed souls,we do feel drained when they leave,if you have true faith,just think protection,thought is a powerful thing,so just think protect,close your chakras,especialy the solar plexus,even if u must,imagine the person in a bell jar,but do not turn away from them,they are sent to us for a reason,there are so many books written about how to protect against phycic vampires,each with their own different method,it becomes confusing,and confuses people,as to what is the right way,this in itself,drains your own energy.Just be in the moment,that is all we have,protection is just a thought away,mass hysteria,is self prophesising.life is a learning curve,we are here to learn lessons,not to dwell on the negative,before we can help otheres,we have to be able to help ourselves,and that starts by learning to love oneself,our path in life is already paved for us before we arrive on this earth,it is up to us to take knowledge from the bad times we go through,it is then we learn,to help another,is to help oneself,as for vampires,of the blood sucking variety,its just a myth,that has been glorified into films etc,we are the person,the soul,spirit,at this moment of time,luv and hugs x
schenn
Posted 4/19/2008 11:55 PM (#4486 - in reply to #1900)

A recent study has shown that violent crime has decreased DRAMATICALLY since violent video games became the norm. Besides that, violent books, magazines, stories and even the bible (extremely violent and gory in scenes; talking about bashing babies heads on rocks) have existed since the dawn of man. Man is a violent animal. But through our mental evolution, we leave behind our NEEDS for violence, though not completly. What you're forgetting is Humans used to be able to hunt and fight each other for competitoin. Obviously we can't do that anymore, so our violence has gone digital so that it can continue but at no real loss. I guess its time to bring up this discussion because I'm tired of defending the shadow.

Look at a Ying/Yang symbol, you'll notice two distinct areas. Theres the Ying, The Yang, and the whole circle. The Ying (Divine) is in total peace and control of itself. The Yang (Ego) is animalist. Instinctual in nature and very very primal. Both are part of the same whole. Divine influences Ego, and Ego influences Divine. As it was explained to me by the universe while exploring,

The Divine is in control of everything at all times, however this control removes desire. How can you desire for something you can't have if you can just manifest it. This is WHY the universe created Ego. Ego is mankinds driving force. It's what tells us what to do. I WANT!! is the language of Ego. Going back to the circle (Ying/Yang) Assume you decreased the strength of one of the sides, which do you believe would happen. That the other side would become stronger, or the entire circle would weaken. (Truth is both) In order to have a healthy "Self" one must have a happy/fulfilled Ego, and a happy fulfilled Divine.

As Anubis explained it to me once.... (best explanation I've recieved so far)... Ego has no idea what it's doing. Divine knows all. Ego THINKS, it's in control because It doesn't know better. What it doesn't know is Divine is feeding it information. Divine is in control of Ego. To have balance, one must have balance in BOTH Their Ego AND their Divine.

Again, Hell doesn't exist. EVIL doesn't exist. Some extremists that find suicide bombing the best answer believe what their doing to be holy. Not evil.
Evil is a HUMAN attachment to events. A HUMAN doesn't like something, so the HUMAN attributes it to evil, but what the HUMAN doesnt understand is, that evil was created by Divine. They are both part of the same circle. Just change "HUMAN" to "EGO". "Evil" is what the catholic church deemed evil as it inflates the Ego. Because The church doesn't believe in balance. They believe in fear and control, and the only way to propagate this is to give people something to be afraid of. By increasing the divine, you may get "good" people. But you dont get WHOLE people. Only HALF people. A WEAKENED circle. Which leads to stagnation.

Again, The Ying/Yang shows us that we must balance our Shadow and our Light. The Ancient Egyptians believed that when you died your heart was weighed against the feather of Maat. The goddess of balance. If your heart was too light (positive), or too heavy(negative), you would be eaten by Apep!! In fact, if you go back pre-christianity, you'll find that the vast, vast majority of faiths required their peoples to be balanced between the positive and negative for "salvation/enlightenment/etc"

Coming back to modern times, the vast majority of violent media releases has been to keep people distracted. By keeping them as animals, people behave like animals. Human Ego (as a whole) is tantalized by this media. This has allowed those who use the knowledge of reality against other people to retain their power as humans (in general) are too distracted by the flashing lights and flickering colors of the media to challenge those in control. Though, that seems to be fading as of late...

P.S. Those that are in fear of Evil, are forgetting about reincarnation. Murder suddenly doesnt mean as much when the person you've killed will come back to life. Giving your entire life savings of millions of dollars to those who are truely in need of it suddenly doesnt mean as much because they'll die anyways and come back to life to start fresh and new. Stop living in fear. No offense, but you sound like someone whos Divine is far out of balance. I'd say it's time to do something nice for your ego.
schenn
Posted 4/19/2008 11:56 PM (#4487 - in reply to #1900)

Also... please, please, please... I havn't said anything so far.... Spaces, Enter's, Punctuation. These are nessassary things to use when talking about anything on a forum. Please, please, please start using them.
Supernatural3
Posted 4/20/2008 12:17 AM (#4492 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

OMG, Are you my TWIN????

Finally, another person who LIKES their shadow side. As I like mine too. While I will not let it get out of hand... I still love my dark side. I couldn't agree more...... Schenn...... where have you been?

Blessings~
mruppert
Posted 4/20/2008 3:17 AM (#4499 - in reply to #1900)

Hi all:
     Schenn, would you tell me what studies have said that violence has decreased? We would need to know this, as I have the feeling that you and Sunn are not talking about quite the same thing.
     Solarflower, reflect on the fact that humankind is predatory and kills to eat. It's in our genes. We have canine and incisor teeth. Predation is inherently violent.
     Also, I forgot who replied about blood, but the RC (Roman Catholic) priests say "Take ye and drink, for this is my blood" at the time the chalice is held up for the glorification of god. Indeed symbolic today, for it is a cheap wine (Muscatel), but where did the language come from? Where did the imagery come from? Where did the ritual come from? Even if purely symbolic, how has the symbolism changed over time?

Pax Vobiscum,
Marty and Passover Cats, Luckyoisha, Poppyoisha, and the SissyGirloisha
sunflower
Posted 4/20/2008 6:24 AM (#4502 - in reply to #4486)

Elite Veteran

rubbish,get fact right
Supernatural3
Posted 4/20/2008 11:04 AM (#4504 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

Ok Marty... As I am clueless..... but my husband grew up Catholic, so I asked him where did they get the blood part from. He said it began at the last supper before Jesus's crucification. Jesus took wine, and called it his blood. He said something along these lines of "This is my blood, drink my blood and it will wash away all sins". Now why it had to be symbolic of blood???? who knows. My guess is that he knew his blood would be shed the next day. Maybe he not only knew he would live on, but he would live on symbolically too, if his blood was mentally in everyones veins. Does seem a little Vampiristic to me.

Other than that, i don't know. I never did get the whole deal about it. I know i learned a lot about it too, but it just seemed too far fetched in my own opinion. But I am not a religious person, just spiritual.

schenn
Posted 4/20/2008 1:13 PM (#4510 - in reply to #1900)

Here's info from PBS website. http://www.pbs.org/kcts/videogamerevolution/impact/myths.html
"
1. The availability of video games has led to an epidemic of youth violence.
According to federal crime statistics, the rate of juvenile violent crime in the United States is at a 30-year low. Researchers find that people serving time for violent crimes typically consume less media before committing their crimes than the average person in the general population. It's true that young offenders who have committed school shootings in America have also been game players. But young people in general are more likely to be gamers — 90 percent of boys and 40 percent of girls play. The overwhelming majority of kids who play do NOT commit antisocial acts. According to a 2001 U.S. Surgeon General's report, the strongest risk factors for school shootings centered on mental stability and the quality of home life, not media exposure. The moral panic over violent video games is doubly harmful. It has led adult authorities to be more suspicious and hostile to many kids who already feel cut off from the system. It also misdirects energy away from eliminating the actual causes of youth violence and allows problems to continue to fester.
"

----
This video clip is a must must watch!!! The founders of Harvards medical school center for mental health and media discuss this topic.

http://kotaku.com/380761/kids-who-dont-play-video-games-are-at-risk

----

More links:
http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/03/20/experts-violent-video-games-can-...
http://www.news.uiuc.edu/news/05/0809videogames.html
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070403-study-finds-stable-pe...

I think I made my point regarding violent video games. And like I already said, other forms of violent media have existed since the dawn of man. The bible talks about bashing babies brains against rocks and murder and rape. Comic books have been out for 80 years and those are exceptionally violent.

I'll say it again, Humans are violent animals. We used to be able to hunt, wrestle, and do other forms of physical competition to demonstrate our "alpha-ness". But in this point in civilization, we are no longer able to do these things, so we act them out in video games to A. prevent anyone from actually getting hurt B.Be violent but with no consequences.

Granted there have been 3 instances since gaming became normal where there was a single kid going into a school and shooting his bullies, but A. he was bullied. B. They came from broken/unstable homes and C. They were mentally broken to begin with. I'd also like to say, that in my high school, there were drive-by shootings, and many many beatings. These were done by gang members who didn't play video games. But, since they were gang members, the mainstream news orgs just ignore it because, well, they were black kids and mainstream news is racist. My freshman class had 250 students, I graduated in a class of 69. The rest were arrested (1/3 of them to be exact) for gang related crimes, expelled for violent acts or flunked out. I repeat, gangers did not own violent video games at the time as A. way way too poor to afford a computer to play doom and quake and etc. B. This is soon after the release of playstation so many violent video games hadn't been released yet.

They were violent, trying to compete with each other, but only could do it physically as they did not have a digital means of competition.

Edited by schenn 4/20/2008 1:21 PM
schenn
Posted 4/20/2008 1:18 PM (#4512 - in reply to #1900)

oh, and DocJ, I've been living here in Portland, Oregon for the last 2 years but before that I lived in Peoria, Illinois for 7 hehe.

A lot of other spiritual groups I've been involved in succumb to the same problem. Overstrengthening of the divine, weakening of the ego, weakening of the whole. So I remind them of the importance of shadow, and I have yet to have someone disagree with me on that. heh.

This is really interesting to me, I seem to know more then I thought I did heh.
mruppert
Posted 4/21/2008 9:56 PM (#4525 - in reply to #4502)

Hi-alai SunFlowerPower;
     Okay! Would you tell me what is rubbish and what are the facts?
      Oh, and just as a little bit of byline, good old Helianthus annuus, coarse stalked, bright petaled, with seed pods rich in oil......people either extract the oil (blood) or roast the seeds and eat them (take ye and eat of this for this is my body).
      Didja ever notice how they turn to face the sun? It is like they always want to be in the limelight, like Broadway stars! I had some that grew to be eight feet tall. Incredible!!!!

Peace n' Love,
Marty and Luckylee, Poppyhead, and the SissyGirl, who is now blind as a bat.
sunflower
Posted 4/22/2008 3:37 AM (#4528 - in reply to #4525)

Elite Veteran

i yi yi,mr muppet,r we being personal here.rubbish...viollent video games are affecting young kids,in their explicit imagery,phycologicaly,what we see,as kids,goes into the subconcious mind,games now,i.e.the one were the kids pick up prostitutes,have their way,and explicitly murder them etc,is this good,phycologicaly,spiritualy,crime statistics are constantly changing,to suit the ploice fedration records,i.e.aren,t we doing a good job,look around my friend,no,crime of serious,violent nature has increased,kids watching video games,etc,are bound to be phycologicaly influenced,subconciously,games are getting more violent,so is crime,we are influenced by what we read,and see,the 2 senses,that are important to our being.yourself,and shenny,are talking in words so big,you should be members of parliament,fact,is seeing what is happening in the world,on the world news,outside your door,in your neighbourhood.You sound so defensive of video games,etc,anyone would think you actualy own such a busness,selling such stuff!!! There is much connection between at least four well known members,each with their own agenda,lucra seems to be important,this is a public forum,as well for ordinary!! people,to have nice,peaceful spiritual opinions,is that what this is not all about,or ami missing the point,you and shenny,turn it into large,mindboggling debates,we,as the general public,will need to become members,to understand what level your on.The sunflower,a lovely plant of nature,serves many purposes,naturaly,the colour,the seed,for nourishment,etc.As i have said in previous post,nature,provides all for free,in abundance,for healing,and nourishment,not just of the body,but spirit,soul.
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/22/2008 7:45 AM (#4530 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

Oh dear; I hesitate to contribute here for fear of escalating matters. Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread; yet perfect love casteth out fear. Holy Communion and the Mass derive from Christ's methodology of communal meals, culminating in the Last Supper; seems to me to be a bit of a stretch to say that is vampiric. Except perhaps the cultural/cinematic appeal of vampirism speaks to our shadow selves, as does the crucifixion (I am speaking as much symbolically here perhaps even more than, religiously). Joseph Campbell and Sir James Frazer had much to say about the roots of comparitive myths. Apt to some of these debates as a prize quote, for me anyway from Joseph C., which is that, 'Life lives by killing ... that is the great mystery that the myths have to deal with'.

Not wishing to be patronising or demeaning to anyone's passions out there, but seeking rather to see the common, unifying factor(s), I just wonder if the contributors to the debate have somehow picked up and are acting out in the debate the shadow aspects that are immanent in matters such as this? Perhaps we need to join spiritual/psychic hands and allow the light to shine in....
mruppert
Posted 4/22/2008 10:07 AM (#4532 - in reply to #1900)

Hi all;
     Sunspot, what you are not reading is that I AGREE with you!
But what I am also saying is:

" DIRTY HARRY CALLAHAN: You know, you're crazy if you think you've heard the last of this guy. He's gonna kill again.
District Attorney Rothko:How do you know?
Harry Callahan:'Cause he likes it."

The above is a classic line from the movie, AND a truly frightening concept!

Shenn engages us with debate, as it may be his "way" on the path to enlightenment. I appreciate and am flattered that Shenn chooses to respond to the sometimes idiotic things that I say. However, I think that his statistics are just that, "statistics", which oftentimes are contrived to belie the truth of things.
      PJ, I am a graduate of The National Pontifical Coeducational Catholic University of America, aka Catholic U. I understand what you are saying. But, I am also aware that symbols and symbolism (particularly those that have talismanic power, and in the case of RC's transsubstantial or transmogrific power) are rooted in a reality.
      Sunnyday.....I cannot use words other than the ones I have written to express what I am feebly attempting to explain. If I offend anyone, then I am truly sorry, as I know the power of the pen, but oftentimes do not realize the consequences of using it.

Your servant,
Marty and Cats, basking in the sunshine of this lovely morning!
P.S. When I had the joy of knowing my stepdaughter, I never once called her by her real name; always her nickname....as that was a term of endearment to me....a closeness that only she and I shared. When I play around with peoples screen names, it is because he or she has had some sort of significant impact on me; and it is my way of extending the hand of friendship. If I ever offend anyone by doing this, please just tell me, and I shall stop.
sunflower
Posted 4/22/2008 12:06 PM (#4536 - in reply to #4532)

Elite Veteran

mr muppet,i must say,you do make me laugh,even though at times you infuriate me,i do not know you personaly,nor you I,but when i read your reply,your reference to my name,made me laugh out loud,i think its about time we held out the olive branch,muppet,for laughter is a true medicine,and i feel in my bones,nay,my stalk,your a very nice spirit soul,with humour in abundance,maybe i do take things too serious,as i am pasionate about spirit,and people who suffer at the hand of others dark side,leaving families to cry in the dark,shall we dance in the sunshine,love and light to you my friend.
schenn
Posted 4/22/2008 1:10 PM (#4538 - in reply to #1900)

Thank you for not getting upset, I do enjoy starting debates because it forces people to think about things they may normally not consider. I enjoy making people think outside the box theyve established for themselves. That's the Anubis in me. If we limited ourselves to our preconceptions, we'd never learn anything.

A few comments;

Firstly, back to the vampirisim, I have a lot of personal experiences when it comes to vampirisim and so for me, its not a myth. Dracula, Anne Rice, etc. Those are fictions based off a real thing. For example, Star Trek: TNG is a lot about politics in the mid-90s and even covers a lot of metaphyiscal topics. You just have to pay attention to it. Star Trek is a fantasy, but the topics it covers arn't. Theyre just stretched and exaggerated to make the stories more enjoyable.

Secondly, about the video games. Yes I am defensive when it comes to the media because I've played violent video games my whole life. As does every other person under 35 I've ever met. There have only been 3 incidents of kids going into schools and shooting people, but practically every single person in the country plays violent video games, watches violent movies (or sports for that matter) and etc. And if it truly led to horrific behavior we would be in a state of complete anarchy. Its obvious that you havn't even sat down and tried to play a violent video game to base your opinion on but instead base your opinion on the christian psychological studies which are conducted by the same people who ranted and raved about comic books being violent. Simply because it's easier to blame video games then say "where did the parents fail". Elderly christian senators, the media, and bad parents are looking for a scapegoat to blame the problems of the country on. And since they absolutly refuse to look at themselves, they need to point the finger and say "thats the bad guy" My johnny would never have been violent if not for video games!!
- Really, and the mental/emotional/physical abuse he was going through had absolutly nothing to do with it?
- NO not at all, we're good parents, thats why we dont lock our guns in a secure location (my step-dad wouldnt even tell me where they were), or teach our 5 year old kids the difference between fantasy and reality before sitting them down in front of an adult game/movie.

Also, I listed a lot more then just statistics... Please watch the video clip from the founders of the harvard medical center of mental health and media. Its an excellent interview.

When it comes to the fear that youre describing, which sounds more likely. Fear of violent video games due to a misunderstanding of the media, or violent video games/movies/and music are tearing our kids minds apart. (which is obviously not happening or every single kid in the country would have a gun and be killing everyone they come in contact with)

I am getting on about this topic because its a topic thats been going on for over the last century. It started with comics, then when it was proven in time that comics had no effect, they pointed the finger at rock and roll. Then when time proved rock and roll had no effect they pointed the finger at movies. Then when time proved that movies had no effect, they pointed the finger at video games. Its the same argument and frankly, I'm tired of it. I'm tired of people who are afraid of their own possible failings commenting on how horrible the aspects of various medias are simply because they dont want to say... "I screwed up in raising my kid"

The last generation is known as the gimmie generation, because of their lack of interest in their parents, and in their kids. This is the first time in history that wealth is not being passed from parents to kids. Its the first time in history of america that the younger generation is unable to outperfom the older generation because of how the older generation refuses to do anything for their kids. You want proof, look at our economy here in America, look at the state of our schools, look at the quality of families over the last 50 years.

But, its easier to blame video games for our kids unhappyness then the rampant destruction that our parents greed has wrought on our country. (my parents were wonderful, very loving, though my father and step mother were very emotionally/mentally abusive. But thats because my father was very emotionally/mentally/physically abused by his parents and it takes 3 generations for the abuse to stop (Yay I'm the third!!))

And statistics may be alterable, but those are the federal crime statistics. Which say how many people are in prison, why their in prison and how their minds worked before and after arrest. Not, gamestops statistics, not best buys statistics. Its basically a head count by the police.

Video games are also very expensive. The xbox is 500 dollars, ps3 is 500 dollars, games are 50 dollars and the required pieces are another 50. So, total for one violent game = 600 dollars. How many children do you know with 600 dollars in their pocket? I know the UK has a lot of problems with youth gangs, but they can't afford violent video games... And they're acting out against the oppressive government and culture of the UK.

Edited by schenn 4/22/2008 1:33 PM
schenn
Posted 4/22/2008 1:15 PM (#4539 - in reply to #1900)

large mindboggling debates???

I've been on here for a week and this is the only debate I started... and it's really not that mindboggling... It just requires a person to stop running on auto-pilot and actually think for themselves for a minute instead of just relying on what TV tells them.
schenn
Posted 4/22/2008 1:18 PM (#4541 - in reply to #1900)

Also, the games your pointing out are for adults. If kid-kids are playing them then like I said above, then the parents failed. And don't just write off my topics because I'm intelligent and use english and grammer correctly. (for the most part, I know my spelling and punctuation isnt perfect)

Edited by schenn 4/22/2008 1:20 PM
Tracy
Posted 4/22/2008 1:26 PM (#4542 - in reply to #1900)

Student

Check out Eckhart Tolles new book "New Awakenings." He writes a lot about violence, personally and socially, and our attraction to it because of our own inner pain. This pain creates an 'identity' for itself that is fed by the pain around it. I personally believe that we have the tools and the spirit to radically change and evolve ourselves and society to relate to one another through the Heart. There are more ordinary people, and folks interested in healing in all fields than the pain driven pain seeking media reveals.
schenn
Posted 4/22/2008 1:28 PM (#4543 - in reply to #1900)

oh, and Americas prisons are the equivelent of the 4th largest city in the country. We have more people in prison then any other country in the world. So don't tell me cops arnt arresting people so they can say how good a job they're doing. If police stopped arresting people because things were so good, theyd be out of a job as this is a capitalist society and the money can be spent elsewhere.

Edited by schenn 4/22/2008 1:29 PM
Tracy
Posted 4/22/2008 1:38 PM (#4544 - in reply to #1900)

Student

Scary but true. The U.S incarcerates more citizens per capita than any other country

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_pri_per_cap-crime-prisoners-p...

And this is interesting too, the number of Crime Victims puts the US 15th - perhaps many in prison are there for 'victimless crimes?'

Edited by Tracy 4/22/2008 1:55 PM
schenn
Posted 4/22/2008 1:53 PM (#4545 - in reply to #1900)

Anyway, Video games and the related media are wayy off topic on this post, so I wont comment on them anymore. I trust I made my point and I don't want anyone to think I'm getting personal. (i'm not, I just enjoy making people think)
mruppert
Posted 4/22/2008 3:12 PM (#4549 - in reply to #1900)

By golly, Trace started a long-lived post.......
Hi all....
     Tracerino concludes that there are lotsa people in jails where the crime is "victimless" and I agree with that. I (and this is my personal opinion only and do not advocate one way or another) do not see drug use or drug possession as a "crime." To me, it is more of a "social" issue, that can be addressed in a completely different manner than incarceration.
      But, one another note, The Natural Law Party ran a presidential candidate an electionor two ago, Dr. John Hagland, who claimed that he would, indeed, try to empty our jails and make those that were there productive, at least to the extent that they would not need to be supported by tax dollars fed into a dead end system.
      His way? Transcendental Meditation!
      Was he a dreamer, a fool, a charlatan?
Interested in your thoughts!

Peace to all of us,
Marty and Antsy Cats
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread