University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Psychic Vampirism
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

whitelion342
Posted 11/13/2007 5:19 AM (#2889 - in reply to #1900)
Subject: RE: Psychic Vampirism

Hi there all ,
I guess from experience , i have learned that there is only one thing that sustains us all,Love.; the fact that we as beings are always near those that we find love from..or that we love.We surround ourselves with lovely things and people.
in other words, we all struggle in whichever form with the aspect of love, too much, too little ,not enough, etc...
human emotions come from the soul, i have to understand what love is before i seek it,and to seek it i must be able to experience or know of it..therefore some are drawn by default to those who have a meaning of what love is..or a sense of lovingness about them.
Psycic vampires are drawn by love mainly in any form they might identify love as, i do agree that we must not judge, perhaps only tolerate and assist on how to find love.The more they drain the more i should become within myself like water, then there will be no severity of any energy to drain me of.
Again we can only show someone how to fish if we know how to ourselves..To love ourselves unconditionally,and with no judgement..
love and light and good journey
aurora
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 11/13/2007 8:52 AM (#2892 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

Very good point.

I feel very much that those who don't love themselves, place enormous amounts of pressure on others to MAKE them feel loved. Yet if one does not love themself, nobody else can do it for them. I would say the best way to go about this problem is education. The more education you get, the more you love yourself. The reason is because your then smart enough to know a difference.

At least this is what i learned personally. I lived a very unhappy life. I expected my husband to make me feel loved. Perhaps i didn't like myself at all and expected him to give me enough for both of us. He also didn't communicate, or show emotion. Now that is just plain uncombatablity, but it still didn't solve my problem. Then you add mental abuse to it. My ex used to call me worthless, because i was a housewife, raising three children, while he was out heightening his career to make a lot of money, at which he achieved his goal. But i then had nothing as far as college education, due to raising children. He sucked me DRY! My energy was GONE! I had to get away from that. I forced myself to LEAVE, which forced me to educate myself while still raising all the kids, now alone, which then i started gaining in self confidence, which then i found the love of my life (my current hubby). I also have been in school now since about 2000. I have educated myself so much, that i do not any longer feel worthless. I know better. I feel equal to all... no better, no worse. It's all a matter of self.

Moral of my story: Only YOU can let others drain you. If you feel they are effecting you... Get away from it and CHANGE your life so it doesn't effect you. Educate yourself, so you can understand that you have always had the ability, but now know how to use it.
SarahXVII
Posted 11/15/2007 9:41 PM (#2910 - in reply to #1900)

New user

Once upon a time, being a "psychic vampire" was a bad thing, something to avoid in yourself and others.

Now people believe they are "real vampires" and are proud of their "differences" and "culture" or even their "special gift!"

Talk about delusional.

... Why are so many people proud of their bad habits nowadays?
whitelion342
Posted 11/16/2007 2:45 AM (#2912 - in reply to #1900)

Intresting subject,
Its been romantisized for decades, started an uproar in the eighties, was cool time than to fall in love with a beast, the illusion of being a real vampire i believe comes from the goth music period, its when you dress in black and wear heavy dark or black make up, male and female alike,Movies and music still influence people, in some way, whether in an uplifting or reactional way,be it which ever way you choose or feel..
Still if i may say this from an objective point of view, it still boils down to a feeling of not being loved..You choose to live this out in any creative way possible, it is creation,whether it is through love or through any emotion you feel your soul allows you to deal with..Any impersonation allows the being to express or act out an emotion,again whatever you feel is lacking in your life...Its almost always a sense of lack,eg:not enough love,or not being loved,makes me feel powerless,therefore i create an illusion to exert a sense of feeling empowered in some way..whether it is like most vampire movies through sex or the fantacy of it..It is also acted out in a group, cult-romance-sex is power -status.
On a lighter note it,s still lovely to watch,and to descover that in myself,which i might find either beautiful or repulsive.Like a painting where you see all the colours,yet they all make the bigger picture...The dual concept of our souls is truly an amazing beautiful journey...
Blessed be
Aurora
Supernatural3
Posted 11/16/2007 1:33 PM (#2917 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

WL, I find vampirism very sexy. It's a dominant thing and i find dominant men very attractive. It's our hormones, or need to be loved and desired that much that we would die for someone, but have eternal life. It's a love story of how someone loves someone so much, they want to spend eternity with that person.

Then we have the horror of it. The NEED, the FEED. We all have to eat to survive... we kill to feed. It's how we are. Survival of the fittest will be the winner, at least for the time being. I happen to love horror movies. I don't take them serious, but it brings out the need to be different. To accept that each one of us does have a dark side that we still accept and love. We cannot have only positive.... we have to accept some negative too. Maybe we don't have to embrace the negative, but both have to be present, so both shall be needed and put to use.

Real vampires couldn't possibly exist like they say in the movies. The human stomach cannot digest straight blood. It will purge it right back out in clot form. Psychic Vampires.... they can only hurt you if you let them. Imagine a mirror in front of you, when you feel someone is pulling energy.... they will then drain themselves instead. Our energy is our own.... even if we share it, it's plentiful... until we don't need it. Then it changes to accommodate being bodiless.

Then we have it for pure entertainment. who can be the sickest.... Who needs the most attention... Maybe even just for fun.
I like the fun part of life... it's when we take it too serious that it starts to rip us apart. We all leave this realm eventually, might as well have a good time. Live, Love, Laugh.....

Blessings~
Jill
mruppert
Posted 11/16/2007 11:28 PM (#2918 - in reply to #1900)

Hi all:
     Well, I dunno....cow blood in Africa, bat blood in Laos and Cambodia, and yes, human blood in ancient Carthage, Rome, Thracia, and elsewhere; and in the Mayan cities that had temples. Unsubstantiated, human blood in the transitional Imperial Russia.Ceremonies in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Regardless, I still think that the vampyrism made popular by literature ( ya know, the Drac kind) is myth to the extent that blood is life sustaining and in someway related to the immortality of being.
     There is a somewhat silly, but still fairly truthful  survey of this called "The Blood Cults" which I cannot find at the moment, so I can't tell you the author, but that is what Google is for. As far as ancient stuff goes, you gotta read your ancient Greeks and Romans....yeah, I know....not everyone's cuppa bloo...oops, I mean cuppa tea.
      I have noticed that there is a great emphasis put on "love" in several recent posts.PRECISELY why when we first started out, I encouraged readers of the posts to see the movie "Eternal Evil, aka The BlueMan" Sure, it falls into the genre of horror movie, but it is really a love story. A strange one, but a love story just the same. And, it speaks directly to psychic vampires. Karen Black is one, but not the one you think!!!!!

Gut Evenink (that was supposed to be a Bela Lugosi accent),
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 11/17/2007 8:59 AM (#2927 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

yeah, i remember you talking about that movie. I still have to find it. Our movie rental place in my area closed. ACK. I had netflix for a while but stopped it because my husband took it over and decided to get basically all kung fu movies and i cannot tolerate that stuff.

As far as blood, those people had to have taken blood in small doses. Or mixed it with something else to break it down. Anytime the stomach has any quantity of blood in it, it will regurgitate it back out. You see, i have first hand experience of this. I used to have bad bloody noses as a kid. It was daily, but occasionally i couldn't get it to stop. So i had plenty trips into the ER. They always made my put my head up, back then they didn't realize that the blood would travel direct to my stomach and with in about 30 to 40 minutes, it would all come back up. Never failed. They told me that the stomach cannot digest blood in large quantities, so it would get rid of it the other way. ACK

That said: i cannot imagine any human that actually can digested 'straight' blood. Maybe they all did puke after their feast. Who knows....they could have blended the blood with something else, creating it to break down. That would be very possible. I heard that if you blend blood with milk, it's digestible then. All depends on what will break it down. Maybe alcohol. I dunno.... ha ha

I personally have vampire traits, some understand it, other cringe. I can understand why people came up with the notion too. I mean I am nocturnal, I love the night more than the day, I always have long nails, My teeth always seem on the sharp side... but this is what gets me. I crave raw meat. I absolutely love raw beef. You don't even have to warm it, i can eat it straight out of the fridge. I have never gotten sick from it either. But i have no desire to be labeled a vampire. I do not go around acting all weird either. But i like my dark side. I love that i like horror movies and have a little bit of a sick mind. I understand who we really are, which is EVERYTHING.

I do feel those who dress up all wild, are trying to show expression. they are tired of being judged and put their foot down and say HEY, i am who i am and i like it. Some do it for a power trip. they like the extra attention, or the fear they instill in others. Some have no reason, but just like it. To each their own.... far be it from me to tell them they cannot dress in their gothic way.

I don't worry to much about other peoples business. I try to be non-judgmental and just understand that they have the desire to stand out. So be it.... But i will check out that movie Marty... ha ha i actually cannot wait to find it.

HUGS... and yes, i bite. But i don't leave marks. HA HA HA

mruppert
Posted 11/20/2007 12:44 AM (#2958 - in reply to #1900)

Hi Doc and all:
     I'd really like the two Lions and Sarah Roman Numerals to watch the movie. It has another surprise, and that is teleportation! Also psychokinesis(spelling?). It is truly remarkable!
     Ah, carpaccio and kobe beef....the Italians and the Japanese. The Italians have eaten it raw forever, the Japanese have gotten into it later on.
     I do not eat a lot of beef, I much prefer fish, as it is not loaded with bad cholesterol, and the cats won't touch fish. They like red meat. Buuuut, I do have red meat every now and then, and I like it cooked slightly....when I was younger and made a steady diet of it, it was generally incinerated.
     I know I will infuriate vegetarians and vegans, but, we are carnivorous. Science has proven that with studies on brain development based on diet. We just seem to need the complex proteins that mammals have, rather than the simpler proteins of beans and veggies.
     That's a good question.....would anyone raise their infant child on a pure veggie..vegan diet? I think I might start a thread on this!

Peace and Happiness,
Marty and Saber-toothed cats, believe me, if you ever see the size of their teeth....they ARE!
Supernatural3
Posted 11/20/2007 8:12 AM (#2963 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

I would die if i was forced to be a vegetarian. I am a meat eater. I don't really care for salad. I do like some veggies, just not many.
Besides, plants are alive too. To eat them is still killing something living, regardless. We just couldn't see them breathe.

Anywho.... to each his own. It's all in getting the vitamins somehow. I think you are right though Marty.... we are meant to have well balanced diet, or we get sick.

HUGS
mruppert
Posted 11/20/2007 11:59 PM (#2972 - in reply to #1900)

Hi all....
     Doc said something which is very significant, at least in the movie plot....and in real life.
      Not to spoil the movie for anyone who ever will watch it, one of the ways the pyschic vampire couple were able to occupy new bodies was to force the soul of the target out of existence, by virtue of despair.
      When the spirit sinks so low that one can no longer cope with the vicissitudes of life, one may well feel a profound hopelessness and abandonment, and might just relinquish the existence of oneself, in pure desperation.
      This is what we call suicide, and it does not have to be physical, for it might also be mental and spiritual.
       Dante, in "The Divine Comedy" (English translation) said that at the gates of hell there is a sign that says "Abandon all hope Ye who enter here" (English translation, again). But, what is ironic is that Dante implied that if you read that sign, it is all ready too late....you have abandoned all hope.....that is why you are about to pass through the gates.
       I think that one of our fellow participants has told her story of the point in time when hope might just be all but gone....but also told how hope is strong and with FAITH in oneself, by virtue of a cosmic power, any obstacle can be overcome.
       Garlic, running water, crosses, sunlight might well be the enemy of literary vampires. But, in a scene from a Stephen King movie, the vampire grabs the cross from the priest, no less, and crushes it and throws it to the ground.....the narrator says "it only works for those that have faith." Very telling, and very powerful imagery.
        Regardless of where it might come from, It is faith that gives us the power to live day-by-day and to live through and overcome any obstacle.
         Psychic vampires are everywhere, but those that have faith in the beauty of existence, in all manifestations, will defeat them.

Peace and faith,
Marty and Luckylee, Poppyhead, SissyGirl
P.S. Many years ago, when Luckylee was a nine month old abandoned cat, who just had kittens, she came to my back door at my former house. She could have gone to any one of four  other houses in the immediate area, though I don't think she would have gone to my immediate neighbor, who had two Labs.
With the big gash in her throat, she came to me. Why? I like to think that it is because she had faith in the fact that she chose the one who would care for her and her kittens. Though, I did have to trap her, as she had gone feral, living on her own. Now, she is just a big, happy kitty cat, who still has Poppyhead to follow her around, one of her kittens. Strange how they have grown so old and I have not aged at all!!!!!
Rose
Posted 4/3/2008 12:28 AM (#4214 - in reply to #2889)

Student

This is beautiful. Is it possible that some of us are so in tune with our soul mates and they aren't here with us...therefore we feel a longing that can never be fulfilled here? Just a thought...Sometimes that longing could be an open door for psychic or even emotional vampirism from others around us. It's like in the wild when an animal is wounded and predators can smell the injury from miles around.

Just some food for thought....
Supernatural3
Posted 4/3/2008 9:23 AM (#4218 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

That makes sense to me, just very sad. I couldn't imagine having a soul mate that i could feel, but never see or touch in this realm.
So then that brings me back to that old song.... Love the one your with.... doo doo, doo doo, doo doo, doo doo, doodoo.

Now it's stuck in my head..... LOL
Rose
Posted 4/3/2008 2:43 PM (#4221 - in reply to #4218)

Student

I like that Doc! love the one your with. It was a theory that I heard by Sylvia Browne. She said that if soul mates came to earth together, and some do but not many, they would never want to be apart and couldn't get anything done. In essence it would ruin the human experience here on earth.

So one comes and the other stays behind. Just made me contemplate how so many people commit to long term relationships and how so many of them aren't happy in them or appreciative of them. Could be the affects of our society not being supportive enough of family through our communities. And I contemplated the possibility that Sylvia is correct and if so it could lend itself to a possible explanation as to why a good number of our society have such an issue mating for life.

Which brings me to another thought I heard on the news..."Is Marriage Antiquated?" I will need to start that as a seperate thread.

Supernatural3
Posted 4/4/2008 3:14 PM (#4242 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

I also think Sylvia is pretty accurate. I AM with my soul mate now. I do not know how I lucked out. But she is right, I crave him ALL the time. I do not feel completely whole, unless he is next to me, or around. We are so synchronized together, it's sickening to others who do not have it. Sometimes I feel so sad when i see others never feel complete and think to myself, they are here for a different purpose this time around. I feel my husband and I planned this, we wonder why it took so long to find each other (35 yrs). I was previously married and so lonely before, which i think is worse than being single and lonely.
But This psychic connection that two have, could very much be represented as a vampiristic connection. I feel the pull and desire him like there is no end. We have been together 6 yrs, but it still feels like it's brand new. I cannot explain it other than we are truly soul mates.
mruppert
Posted 4/5/2008 1:44 AM (#4250 - in reply to #1900)

Hi all....I don't think we should equate psychic vampyrism with love and/or mating of the soul. It is my understanding that psychic vampyres strive to subsume the soul of another, or, cast that soul out for the benefit of the body.
     Of course, I am dealing in the realm of that which is not tangible. But, to put it in everyday perspective, as best I can, it is "like" (and I use that word advisedly) the abusive relationship. The abuser must seek to strip away the personhood of the target of the abuse. The target must be reduced to a non-entity, with no ego, no soul. The abuser, by some mental shift, then sees any action as an action of love and, "gasp"...mercy. So, it would seem to the abuser that it is an act of mercy to put the poor, suffering, non-entity out of his/her misery. What power the abuser feels!
     I have done volunteer counseling on a hotline, and quite frankly, had to give up since I had "regulars". How many times can I tell them what to do, only to find that my advice was unheeded. But, such was the power of the person they were with, that my words over a telephone meant little. And now, I am getting off topic, so I have to stop.

Peace n' Love,
Marty and Loving Cheddar Cheese Cats
P.S. If any of you is in an abusive situation, go away from it right now....if you know of anyone, encourage them to get away fast.  It doesn't STOP....it just gets worse.
Supernatural3
Posted 4/6/2008 10:59 AM (#4264 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

I agree.... psychic vampirism could be very dangerous, if it's allowed to continue. But I do think their is a positive side to it, as all things negative, must have some form of positive to it. Might just have to look deeper.

Abusive relationships could be a negative form and Marty is right.... if you find yourself crying more than smiling, it's time to change. If you find yourself negatively effected everytime your around someone, they are draining your energy. It's best to keep your distance.

But, if you find you have looked someone in the eyes, and long to be with them(and they are single)..... go for it. LOL The positive side does exist.

Blessings~
schenn
Posted 4/8/2008 6:11 PM (#4289 - in reply to #1900)

http://www.sacred-texts.com/goth/vc/index.htm

This is the commonly held belief within the vampire community on what vampirism is. Based off my own past life memories and travels in astral, I would say its the most accurate that I've found.
Supernatural3
Posted 4/8/2008 10:25 PM (#4293 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

Sounds to me like we ALL could very well be Vampires. We all strive for the same.....
Kashia
Posted 4/9/2008 8:49 PM (#4298 - in reply to #1900)

What an interesting thread...so

If someone believes they are a psychic vampire, or are aware they are draining others energy, but they really do not want to be doing this,

what is the way out of this polarity?
Supernatural3
Posted 4/9/2008 9:33 PM (#4301 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

Change.....

That is all.... change your mind, change your life. Change your surroundings...

THEN: and I really mean it..... Listen to Tiny Tim's -Tiptoe through the Tulips..... That will stop any negative....

now wait... pretend that Adam Sandler is singing his version of that very same song. LMAO

I rest assure.... nobody will be sucking energy from anyone in that environment. But we would all be rolling on the floor laughing our butts off.

Laughter heals all.
HUGS and GIGGLES
Kashia
Posted 4/9/2008 10:12 PM (#4302 - in reply to #1900)

Funny Doc J!! Thanks for the laugh.
schenn
Posted 4/9/2008 11:20 PM (#4305 - in reply to #1900)

A vampire can also take in energy from nature such as weather or even through trips to a park. If one respects the spirits of the woods present and asks, one can find that they are more then willing to help. Though, due to their being practically no relevent material on this matter; many vampires or awakened in general are unaware of this.

I must admit, its not the same, you have to do it a bit more often and the rush isnt there however, it is possible to go on not drawing from higher forms of conciousness in this manner. (based on my current level of understanding on this topic. I have much much more to learn) One can also draw from the ambient energy in high traffic areas. In these cases you arn't drawing from any person but rather the residue of all the people.

If you are a vampire and not another kind of awakened, then it was a ritual performed many many lifetimes ago to remove a piece of your astral body, so that all your lifetimes could be threaded together. In this way, lessons won't be forgotten and the sensititvity to energy will attune us to its nature for a cariety of purposes (good or bad, depending on the person). This hole is why you (as a vampire) need to draw in energy from outside sources, otherwise the hole will drain it from your body literally draining your strength away (for obvious reasons).

There arn't many true vampires. Most of the time its another form of awakened, which is why though you may desire to "feed" or what have you, and you dont, it doesnt effect you (like that). You may still have an energy defiency of another type, in which case some good meditation under a happy tree should help.

Supernatural3
Posted 4/10/2008 2:49 AM (#4307 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

That has put it into a different perspective for me. I can see your point of view very well and it makes sense.

hmmmmmmmm

Thank you!
mruppert
Posted 4/10/2008 11:58 PM (#4316 - in reply to #1900)

Hi Schenny, Kashi, and Docster, et al:
     I hope I can put this into words.....I am an extremely shy person, but I have to teach two times a month. As shy as I am, I enjoy doing it, because I feel sooo energized when I do it.
     When I took the teaching duties over from another almost five years ago, and I got constant evaluations.My evaluations (directly from the classes) were far superior to my predecessor, and remain far superior to my fellows, notwithstanding my unorthodox style, (I don't do no PowerPoint slides). I am chastised by my fellows for being unprofessional, yet, glorified by my class, who walk in and invariably say "we heard about you, your class is a lot of fun".
     What happens is...I am usually very nervous, anxious, and have the butterflys that come with being in front of any group, no matter what the scenario, before I start. BUT, suddenly, I feel the energy of the group and begin to "feed" on it!
      Then, I am not myself anymore, but another person! And, when it is over, I am so full of energy, that it takes me a while to calm down.
       It reminds me of the "thrall"...the power that literary vampyres have to place a person or persons under their control, by seeking and using their energy.
       Okay, back to practical things...don't you all think that "charismatic" figures do the same thing? Don't they practice a sort of psychic vampyrism?
       Finally, I really like the sacred texts website, a lot of good stuff there, some of which is actually fairly authentic. But, a lot of it is just "stuff" of recent origin.
       Did the notion of vampyrism originate in the Carpathians of Romania/Moldova? Most likely, no. But, was it perpetuated there? Definitely yes! Was Vlad (or Blad as the Romanians say) the source? Probably not. You have to remember, that Romania/Moldova and many other surrounding areas was the seat of the Holy Roman Empire, the empire that embraced the early catholicism (as compared to what we now know as the catholic church(s)). And then, you must know, that as part of the ritual, we say "take ye and drink of this, for this is my blood." Symbolic? Today, of course! But what about then??????
    BUT, my biggest question, is did anyone watch the movie? You are missing a lot of insight on this question until you do!

Yours, in Peace and Luminosa Azul,
Marty and Gatas Enfuerzas, Lucky, Poppy, and Sissy

ongoingbattle
Posted 4/11/2008 10:43 AM (#4318 - in reply to #1900)

I believe psychic vampirism is neither good nor bad. It is simply an instrument that can be used however someone chooses, consiously or unconsiously. I have not watched the movie yet, but i plan to. This is a topic i had never heard of until now, but i have some ideas. Kashia asked what would be a way out of this polarity. I have definately dealt with people that semed to suck the life out of me and sap my energy, and try to avoid these people. I believe though, that some can be helped if they are ready, "help" may not be the best term, so let's say "guided". I believe the energy drain problem arises when someone is taking from you without giving. What are we all really doing on this forum? We give and we take, we share, we learn, and therefore we grow. When you have a positive reinforcing loop, it bascially supports itself, with every input taking it higher and higher. When someone is draining from you, without giving anything in return, this is a negative reinforcing loop. It will ulitmately self destruct. I love meeting people and sharing as much as i can, often without recieving anything back for a while. But it is a high all in itself when they begin to see their journey, and begin to aid me on mine. Mruppert teaches classes. Even though you may not get direct one-on-one feedback from students very regularly, you can feel the energy as you said, every day! Sometimes you give so much, and just seeing the changes you have made is all you need to prevent this drain, and actually create a "source" of energy(wasn't sure how to describe the opposite of drain) I wonder how different it would feel to be teaching to a class of sleeping, not caring individuals. They would drain you, and in turn you them.

Again i reitierate to you Kaisha, it is a powerful tool that can be utilized many ways. If you want to avoid the drain, then change the situation to a positively reinforcing one. And last, do not waste energy trying to help those that aren't open or ready to it, or one can really begin to lose some of themselves.

--The Seeker of Truth
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software