University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Psychic Vampirism
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Tracy
Posted 4/22/2008 3:20 PM (#4550 - in reply to #1900)
Subject: RE: Psychic Vampirism

Student

Can't hurt to try! I have seen some documentaries about other methods of meditation being taught in prisons, mostly foreign prisons, with a high success rate. Success being that the person felt much more balanced and peaceful and did not return to jail.

Getting back on the topic though, neediness such as this psychic vampirism can be addressed by teaching people to empower themselves, to reach inside themselves and find the beauty, strength, and unique talents that belong to each of us. Spirituality points us in that direction. Rather than remaining in a victim mentality, dependent on others for our sense of self-esteem, we find our own source of confidence and power within.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 4/22/2008 8:01 PM (#4561 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

I don't believe someone could steal my energy by just being near me. I know they could spite me, and then i would most likely let them get to me, thus giving them my energy and me becoming down. But that is rare for me. I am the one who will smile at everything and always be for the most part 'happy go lucky'. If someone likes to stay around me, it may be because they want that light that i shine so freely. But i give it freely, in hopes that it sparks their igniter to their inner glow. (lets call it a pilot light)

My pilot light is always on. I choose to turn up the heat, or dim it down. It's always been my choice.... even if I LET someone else dim it down for me. I could always CHANGE my thoughts and build it back up.

So the term psychic is just a mental state of thought.... One can be easily drained by simply letting someone get to them, or don't let them. The choice is each of ours ~
sunflower
Posted 4/23/2008 3:11 AM (#4564 - in reply to #4541)

Elite Veteran

Lordy,Lordy,Lordy,ok,shenny,your intelligent,good at using computer at speed,have much knowledge of useless statistics,can write and understand big words,waatched video games from birth,fountain of knowledge,oops,said that one,can,t keep up with you,well learned,well read,respcetful,kind,considerate,listen to all view points,have nice hair,dress well,oh,and do you beleive that violent videos corrupt our society,i,m not sure,do you beleive in phycic vampires,so much too ask,all in all,i think your a lovely,kind,special,spiritual soul,well advanced,and may we part in peace and love.
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/25/2008 9:45 AM (#4666 - in reply to #4561)

PhD Alumni

Dear Supernatural 3

Reflected on the idea of having energy stolen since I read your post. I think one of my own 'problems' that might otherwise be a 'gift', possibly, is that I allow myself to act as a kind of spiritual or emotional sponge. Perhaps this is common for people in the so-called 'helping professions' (which of course we go into in order to help our inner selves). But it is quite scary what one can 'pick up' and become overwhelmed by. Then one loses capacity to discern and understand the energies going on. This can be seen maybe in the film 'Jesus of Montreal', where actors performing a contemporary passion play actually begin to be put into, and live out, the roles of the Biblical characters by the institutional forces at work.

I came to UMS with a profound sense of ultimate 'burn out'; which the process, especially the meditations have helped significantly to free myself of. It also links with misguided ideas (from certain religious perspectives) about self-sacrifice. Not sure where I am going with this, but just felt a need to respond, even though disclosing a vulnerability.

Blessings
Paul
Chotuni
Posted 4/27/2008 6:17 PM (#4764 - in reply to #1900)

Regular

i believe entirely in psychic vampirism as a few years ago i went to a meditation class but this went on to become a psychic circle and during a deep relaxation i felt as though i was being vampired for want of a better word.for a long time after i could not meditate as well and always felt exhausted after.needless to say i stopped going but it took a long time to recover??????? ????????
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/28/2008 4:03 AM (#4778 - in reply to #4764)

PhD Alumni

That certainly resonates with me Chotuni

Shalom
Supernatural3
Posted 4/28/2008 4:53 PM (#4831 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

I am not sure what I believe. Because i do believe in free will, and control over one's energy. BUT, i too have experienced a lagged feeling after being around certain people, who just seemed to rub me wrong. Maybe it's magnetic.... when two opposing sides face each other, they push apart, but if one is vulnerable at any precise moment, it can but sucked right in.

I guess to remedy the situation to be try to be aware of the drain. The moment you feel it, get out of there.

I don't know who would be able to control this to do it on purpose though.... It's mental.

Maybe it exists in our heads only, maybe it doesn't.

But if you take a physicist, who doesn't believe in metaphysics (all science and no spirit) they will deny it to ever happen to them.

I think this all comes down to belief again. And I am torn.....
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/28/2008 5:28 PM (#4845 - in reply to #4831)

PhD Alumni

I think it is an issue, and an issue for healers/therapists especially. As a psychotherapist, one is trained to rely on one's 'counter-transference', but properly, that becomes to be a,ike a mystical merging of oneself with another, yet also, one needs to retain a freer part of the self to interpret; yet again, in Chrssitianity, we are taught to sacrifice the self. In Buddhism, we have the 'no-self'.

And in holistic mysticism, we lose god and self and the world, to become empty, then be filled by the cosmos.

No wonder vampires have a field day ... seriously, to find the world, the great religions seem to teach that we must lose oursleves, yet to be tru to the God within, we have to retain & love ourselves. 'Nuff said (for now!)

Katrina
Posted 7/30/2009 8:44 PM (#16289 - in reply to #1900)

Student

*bump*
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/31/2009 4:44 AM (#16294 - in reply to #16289)

PhD Alumni

Goodness Katrina, you have been rooting in the basement ! I can never seem to get my system to go that far back .... re-reading what one has posted so long ago is interesting. Not sure what you meant by 'bump' ? Should I be worried ?!!
Katrina
Posted 7/31/2009 8:43 AM (#16299 - in reply to #1900)

Student

LOL - Thought this thread was interesting but it was getting late, and I had to start working on my next writing assignment, so I "bumped" it to the top so I wouldn't loose it.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/31/2009 7:24 PM (#16313 - in reply to #16299)

PhD Alumni

Late here too, now: midnight:25

Vampire hour

'Night 'night All

Edited by Paul Joseph 7/31/2009 7:25 PM
mruppert
Posted 8/2/2009 12:11 AM (#16339 - in reply to #1900)

But Katspaws and Paulio,
     No one ever said they watched the movie about pyschic vampirism which I encouraged. It (pyschic vampirism) does, indeed, exist....I think the movie touches, in a way, that energy may be transformed. The movie's writer certainly showed quite specifically that vampires "fly" by means of astral projection.
Since I was dabbling in early Quantum theory, and debunking "energy" healers at the time....this  movie seemed to be very appropriate. It turned my thinking around quick time!

All of this revolution of thinking occurred just because I have a schoolboy crush for Karen Black. It is a strange world...I still love her in a silly way....loved her in "House of 1000 Corpses" but hated the movie. She is old and wrinkled now....and so am I...but she's still beautiful to me....PYSCHIC VAMPIRISM?

Peace and Love,
Young Marty and Old Luckylee, Poppyhead and Ancient Sissygirl
Katrina
Posted 8/2/2009 9:35 AM (#16346 - in reply to #1900)

Student

The term Psychic Vampirism implies a negative connotation which is not entirely accurate in the depiction of this phenomenon. The theory is, when we interact w/ people, especially ones we have a 'connection' with, our energy body can send out an etheric cord to that person where transference can take place. This usually is not done consciously or maliciously (but can be under certain circumstances). This cord acts as a channel, ideally being a two way street, giving and taking equally. This cord can also explain why we instinctively know when someone we care about is upset or hurt or about to call. Most often we receive our life force thru Source, but when we or those we love cut ourselves off from our Source our energy body turns to these cords for rejuvenation - becoming a 'psychic vampire', at the same time draining the host(s) of vital energy. (The same is very true with enemies, attaching the same cord to send negative energy and draining the good from their intended victim.)

Many metaphysical teachings refer to surrounding ourselves with white or pink light, mirrors, or such as a method of protection. This will help keep clients or others from being able to attach cords in the first place, or only allow attachment for the best and highest good of both. Ms. Virtue's method of 'cutting cords' is very effective in restoring vitality when someone has attached a cord and is psychically draining you. (I will share below) Usually you will feel more energy in about 45 minutes and if you are around the person whose cords you cut, it is possible for you to see their energy drop suddenly in the same amount of time. Personally I have found by pulling the cords out and sending them back to the host with loving intentions, that they use this cord to reconnect with Source, the effects are quicker (20-30 minutes) and usually help the person whose cord you pulled, not drop so suddenly but instead have less noticeable shift in perspective.

Edited by Katrina 8/2/2009 9:36 AM
Katrina
Posted 8/2/2009 9:36 AM (#16347 - in reply to #1900)

Student

Interestingly Doreen Virtue teaches a method utilizing Archangel Michael, to cut 'etheric cords'. Most people feeling run down or energetically drained who use this exercise, feel fully revived and recharged within an hour. She suggests, sitting quietly, call upon the Archangel Michael to cut the etheric cords that are draining you of vitality and send the cords back to their makers with love and healing. Then visualize yourself and these cords being cut with a sword or sissors. Ask Michael to heal you and revitize your energy. Withing 30-60 minutes you should feel a shift in your energy.
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/2/2009 4:18 PM (#16349 - in reply to #16347)

PhD Alumni

Vampirism is merely a perverse eroticisation of the divine unfoldment, played backwards (hence, perverse)
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software