University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who do you think you are?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Louise
Posted 5/20/2007 5:20 PM (#1858)
Subject: Who do you think you are?

UMS Student

Hello, I would just like to share this quote with you from Marianne Williamson whose work is inspired by A Course in Miracles.

This quote (or parts thereof) have helped me when I feel fear about following my purpose. I had started a weekly radio show and wanted to start sharing my spiritual journey, so that I may inspire or support others - however I kept saying to myself "who's going to want to listen to you" a bit nicer way than "who do you think you are" but essentially the same thing. I was going to cancel my involvement when the quote "your playing small does not serve the world" came into my head and I knew that I had to speak my truth. I call upon this, whenever I find myself doubting, even when I feel inspired to do something - the pull to hold you back can be strong. So here it is:

Our Greatest Fear

Marianne Williamson from her book "A Return to Love"

Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,
but that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.

And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give
other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
JJB
Posted 5/20/2007 11:35 PM (#1859 - in reply to #1858)
Subject: RE: Who do you think you are?

My Friends, once I surrendered myself to an open mind, God has revealed to me amazing things and is now directing me effortlessly, I will share the insight that has been revealed to me.
First, please know I have studied physics on my own for the last ten years and have discovered many amazing things, but in the past two weeks I have hardly slept due to the amount of knowledge being slammed into my brain and I didnt know what was happening.
I would wake up in tears and not know why, and information on a quantum level began to be placed in my mind.
It was truly overwhelming, but now I know what has happened.
God almighty has enlightened me on a grand scale and shown me the proof and scientific evidence of the "spirit" ,"consciousness", "soul", whatever you choose to label it as, ....... now on a quantum level they have discovered that there is no such thing as time.....yes time.
It doesnt exist anywhere in the universe except in our human experience.
Also what we "Think" has a dramatic effect in our lives due to our minds and the electromagnetic fields of our bodies acting as "cosmic antennas".
Now picture this, a stick of dynamite will blow up a house, right?
O.k. now think of how small an atom is but it when split, will create a nuclear explosion.
Well now picture the energy in a "thought" being millions times smaller than an atom (scientifically proven) and imagine the unbelievable energy inside!
Now understand we have 4 hertz of electircity in our minds at all times as well as does the earth and every mammal on the earth, now everyone's mind is sending out a frequency, and your thoughts determine that frequency and what ever your dwelling on good or bad that frequency is being transmitted into not just the earths magnetic field but all of the universe.
Now picture the laws of attraction, and realize alike frequencies will attract eachother so they will, in reality manifest themselves into your life.
Now also our eyes have a shutter speed of 40 flutters per second and light travels at 670 million miles per hour so needless to say we are blind to alot of whats around us.
Now picture how on a quantum level an electron can be either a particle or a wave, BUT only due to observation meaning it is only a particle when you localize it with your eyes and create the image with the 40 flutters per second in your eyes.
Now If an electron can be everywhere at once, even opposite sides of the universe, then we are creating the enviorment around us every second due to our eyes localizing the electrons according to what you believe your going to see or "think" your going to see.
So In essence whatever you truly believe you will see, But we have been sooooooo brainwashed into believing all things are as they appear when really "everything", is just peoples past and present thoughts, and they exist because God is the master Observer!
So my friends, put your mind on things of the higher level, Think Big my friends, for you truly are an eternal being, we have just been experiencing angel amnesia.
But my angel intellect has been revealed to me for a reason and the world will soon see the greatness upon us. I love you all, we are meant to be together and unite our energy of love for the good of the WORLD!
Eliste
Posted 5/21/2007 9:53 PM (#1863 - in reply to #1858)

UMS Student

what a fantastic quote, louise! thank you so much for sharing it!
Tracy Martin
Posted 5/24/2007 5:36 PM (#1877 - in reply to #1858)

Alumni

From Eckhart Tolle's book A New Earth,

"When forms that you had identifid with, that gave you your sense of self, collapse or are taken away, it can lead to the collapse of the ego, since ego is identification with form. When there is nothing to identify with anymore, who are you? When forms around you die or death approaches, your sense of Beingness, of I Am, is freed from its entanglement with form: Spirit is released from its imprisonment in matter, You realize your esential identity as formless, as an all-pervasive Presence, of Being prior to all forms, all identifications. You realize your true identity as consciousness itself, rather than what consciousness had identified with...The ultimate truth of who you are is not I am this or I am that, but I am."

monkeyofstick
Posted 5/24/2007 6:59 PM (#1878 - in reply to #1858)

both of those books were awesome.
I love them both,tho a course in miracles speaks to my heart,
and the other speaks to my head.
Frank in Japan
Posted 5/24/2007 8:59 PM (#1881 - in reply to #1858)

student

Thank you everyone for sharing!

I've been studying A Course in Miracles for some six months now, and it's been a quantum leap in insight for me. One fascinating thing about it, is that it's harmonious with many other streams of spirituality. Yesterday, I was speaking with an esoteric Buddhist monk about Buddhism, and it was amazing to realize, that we were both taking about the SAME concepts of spirit. The realty of oneness and wholeness, and our worldly struggles with the ego.

Who do you think you are? / Who are you really? / What is the purpose of life? etc

I'm starting to make peace with those questions now. For me I see my true identity and purpose simply as: "Be love."

For me, this means:
being the love I always searched for outside of myself which I have now found within,
being willingly connected to the great source of love which resides within,
keeping that connection maintained/clean/free of blockages,
loving unconditionally and forgiving unconditionally

These are concepts which seem to manifest in natural way, are not something that is 'hard work' as such, it feels more like 'the way it is supposed to be' or 'the natural way'. It took an openness and letting go of the ego, the self illusion, which was/is very challenging indeed. After that, the connectivity to source is able to give directions through intuition, providing we keep ourselves connected.

Blessings and peace,

Frank

Edited by Frank in Japan 5/24/2007 9:01 PM
NothingEverything
Posted 6/4/2007 12:01 PM (#1950 - in reply to #1858)

UMS Student

who are we?
we are.
Supernal
Posted 6/4/2007 8:23 PM (#1968 - in reply to #1858)

student

Wow NothingEverything! You seem like a pretty intense guy. You also sound as if you might KNOW. Do you? or are you still a seeker?
NothingEverything
Posted 6/5/2007 8:57 AM (#1976 - in reply to #1858)

UMS Student

what is it that we are seeking?
-----
"The arts and sciences,
a hundred appliances.
the wind that blows.
is all anyone knows."
-Henry David Thoreau

Edited by NothingEverything 6/5/2007 8:57 AM
Supernatural3
Posted 6/5/2007 3:00 PM (#1982 - in reply to #1858)

PhD Alumni

EVERYTHING..... i am part of a conscious intelligence that combined has created our universe.
I am YOU and if you don't like me, Then I would represent your SHADOW! i don't mind.... I like all sides.
Supernal
Posted 6/5/2007 9:10 PM (#1985 - in reply to #1858)

student

we search to relieve the general feeling of unease caused by the decision that something is wrong or out of place. we dont realize that we create the story of our lives in the effort to relieve this idea, we are characters in a story that exists only within our own minds, and the foundation of this story is nothing more that an attempt at moving toward whats right and away from whats wrong. but whats right and wrong only exists withing each individuals mind and has nothing to do with "reality", every thing just is and will never be anything else no matter the purpose we assign it in our personal and mass stories. Im not trying to teach or preach, this is just the realization ive been able to come up with by just sitting and staring at existance long enouph to see that we will never know anything outside of our five senses.
NothingEverything
Posted 6/5/2007 9:17 PM (#1987 - in reply to #1858)

UMS Student

if that is what you say, then what is there to seek?
once we know the condition, we know the cure.

Edited by NothingEverything 6/5/2007 9:18 PM
Supernal
Posted 6/6/2007 4:59 PM (#1990 - in reply to #1858)

student

seeking is just as much an illusion created by our minds as what might be found, the cure is to realize that the feeling of desire or longing is just that; a feeling, and has no basis in any sort of reality. we are perfecly nothing and whole just the way we are.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software