University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Falun Gong
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 5/16/2007 9:01 PM (#1850)
Subject: Falun Gong

Hi all:
I made a comment in another thread about occult societies and it lead me to another question. In discussing why I was interested in occult societies, I drew a modern day example of the Falun Gong and the FEAR that the Chinese government has of these people. Are any of you Falun Gong followers, practitioners, adherents?
For those of you who are not familiar, Falun Gong is a multifaceted belief system which would take a long time to explain...and so that is why we have Google.
I'd like to understand why the Chinese government finds it necessary to beat, torture and kill Falun Gong adherents. What knowledge do they posess that could represent such a dangerous threat?
Regards,
Marty
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 5/25/2007 3:12 AM (#1884 - in reply to #1850)
Subject: RE: Falun Gong

UMS Student

Hi Marty

They possess a spiritual knowledge that concerns and worries the authorities, a knowledge of Universal potential which can enable the 'common man' to defy all that is thrown at them. What can truly hurt you if you totally believe in the Universe? Look what China did to the Tibetan monks.

Elizabeth
mruppert
Posted 5/26/2007 12:30 AM (#1885 - in reply to #1884)

Well Hello Elizabeth!
I remembered a while back when I was working for the Washington, DC public television station. The uprising in Tiannemen(sp?) Square had just happened. The one great, powerful image of the day was the young man standing in front of a very long line of tanks; effectively halting the advance of a sizeable contingent of the Red Army. The commentators were all huffing and puffing about his bravery, bravado, and/or stupidity. One Chinese gentleman opined that the young man was simply practicing an ancient Chinese philosophy. Now I must only type out the sounds of what he said, as I do not have a clue on how to type english letters for Chinese words....he said "He is practicing the principle of 'wo ah shur.' He went on to explain that this means "Do nothing, and there is nothing you cannot do." Try as I might, I cannot really grasp the meaning of that principle, other than to know it is one of those "mystical" puzzles the Chinese are so fond of.
With regard to the Falun Gong, they seek only put into practice their "philosophy" which appears to be about as benign as the practice of Tai-Chi. Notwithstanding the spiritual elements of Falun Gong, I still cannot fathom the overreaction the Chinese government has displayed towards these people (whom include Westerners who travel in China). There are some pretty graphic images of Falun Gong adherents from western countries having been "interrogated" by Chinese authorities. It ain't pretty!!
BUT, interestingly enough, one of the basic meditation positions shows adheents holding their hands at two points on the body....two chakra points, froming a center of energy. Recognizing this, I went back to the "Ring of Fire" dvds and watched the healer explain where he gets the energy to heal by self generated "electricity" and set newspaper on fire with his hand. He identifies the very same areas that Falun Gong practitioners hold theirs at! Are my eyes deceiving me?
Gosh, I wish more people would join in this discussion...this has gotten me really perplexed!
mruppert
Posted 5/26/2007 12:39 AM (#1886 - in reply to #1850)

Please excuse the several misspellings in the previous post....one of my cats is distracting me by constantly walking on the keyboard....I must have backspaced a gazillion times.
Some who do not have cats may say....why don't you just put her down on the floor......little do they know that this is the prelude to the up-down game. I put her down, she jumps back up, I put her down, she jumps back up, I put her down in another room, she follows me back to this room and jumps back up.............but, I must bear this, as this particular cat is my familiar.
mruppert
Posted 10/24/2007 1:10 AM (#2750 - in reply to #1850)

Hi Lyonnnnnnah:
     Really? Can you tell us where you saw this?
     I am fascinated by the Faluns because of their beliefs and honestly don't understand the persecution that rains down on them from the government of China, nor Taiwan, nor Formosa, nor Hong Kong...all places which consider them unwelcome guests.
Several European nations have very small adherents, and there are virtually none in the USA.

Peace on,
Marty
mruppert
Posted 11/9/2007 2:12 AM (#2856 - in reply to #1850)

Hi Ly O Nah:
     China just announced that it would not allow Olympian competitors to bring bibles into the country for the 2008 Olympics.
      Apparently, the "children of the moon" are no longer in control of their country, but we knew that all along.
      I understand the fear of the bible by the Chinese government, because it is based on history....the Taipings almost wrested control of China from the Imperial Government, they were a bunch of Christian Chinese with an influential leader and plenty of weapons, but this happened many years ago , like many years ago....maybe 1600's...maybe 1400's...I can't remember.
     What I don't understand is the fear of the Falun Gong, who basically practice a Confucian philosophy, but concentate on the development of energy via what we know as traditional chakras. True, the intense energy they develop is inward directed, so, is the Government afraid they might direct it outward?
     I don't know, how can something which seems so benign pose such a threat that the government has to brutalize and execute adherents?

Peace Profound,
Marty and Japanese Lucky Cats, they are making squinty eyes at me! Luckysan, Poppysan, and SissyGilrysan
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software