University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Psychic Protection
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Elizabeth Ann
Posted 6/14/2007 2:50 PM (#2032 - in reply to #2031)
Subject: RE: Psychic Protection

UMS Student

Hi Doc J

When I say I am a healer it is not based on a year. I spent three years developing as an energy healer, followed by five years of Nutritional Medicine, Naturopathy and Iridology which I followed with six years to gain my psychology degree and three further years working towards my Master degree in psychology, a huge amount of this was health psychology. This all happened before I joined UMS. My science degree started with two years of chemistry and at advanced level with the naturopathy I was studying biochemistry and pathology for two years of the five. This is more dedicated years to the art of naturopathic healing than I care to add up. I am science based but I do have a problem with side effects of prescribed medicine and I deal with the results every day, I hasten to add I do not use any prescribed or leisure drugs myself.

I must agree to differ with you as my experiences in the distant past with the medical profession most definitely put me onto a naturopathic pathway. I work w/holistically taking mind, body, spirit and soul into account. Yes there are some real healers among the medical profession especially amongst nurses and I do respect anyone’s right to choose how to help themselves. I do not tell people not to go to a doctor but I am interested as to why some people who know so much about healing and offer healing to others, choose to go down the prescribed drug route. The technology available now concerning mending broken bodies and malfunctions of the body and mind is awe inspiring, in the majority of cases and I am not questioning this.

I was curious so I asked; I did not mean to upset you or to pry.

Thank you for your response.

Love and Light

Elizabeth
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 6/14/2007 7:33 PM (#2034 - in reply to #1832)

PhD Alumni

It's perfectly ok to disagree, and it's all good. I never point to any specific person... but, i do have MD's in my family. I was raised around the medical field and my first cousin has his own family practice. It's hard for anyone in my own family to accept my metaphysical training as anything legit and they laugh behind my back all the time. UNTIL NOW.... now they are scared because i finally have something over them, HYPNOSIS! lol and i am good at it. LOL (and yes, i have lots more than one year of metaphysical training too) but some things are needed medically that spirit cannot fix alone while we are in physical (human) form. So i don't think it's an argument, at all and never took it that way. but i do think that both sides are very much needed, I just wish the two would merge a little more than they have.

BTW i have gone the herbal rout too.... couldn't find a single thing that helped that was legal. But then again, my head is busy in school with many things, and five kids, and two kids starting college and running a very large paranormal organization, plus my business. My plate is very full....
It's all good, because i still feel blessed that i have my family and good friends like you all.
Thank you!
HUGS
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 6/15/2007 3:48 AM (#2035 - in reply to #1832)

UMS Student

Hi Doc J

Just a suggestion about the hypnosis. Have you considered making a tape for yourself? It might be well worth a try.

I prefer to add culinary herbs to foods especially salads rather than use them as medicine, I grow lots of herbs for this purpose alone. There are so many other natural methods that can be used such as naturopathic water remedies, psychology, cognitive behaviour therapy, iridology, flower remedies, bio-chemic tissue salts ( these can work almost like magic!!), guided visualisation, nutritional medicine, crystal healing and colour therapy, listening and so much more. I draw from all of these depending on what is best for each individual.

Love and Light

Elizabeth
Supernatural3
Posted 6/15/2007 10:27 AM (#2038 - in reply to #1832)

PhD Alumni

There is a method to real hypnosis, making a tape of myself is not going to get me into a deep catalistic stage, where it can take a hold. There is a huge difference between meditation techniques and deep hypnosis. Until i took serious classes, it wasn't until then that i found that getting someone into catalistic hypnotic state, takes an anxiety build..... not relaxation. The relaxation then takes place 'after' the drop into hypnosis. If i make my own tape.... i don't get the anxiety build. I also an not 'physically' suggestible, I am an emotional suggestible, meaning they have to 'infer' the suggestions and not directly do it while using my own interaction to know when to continue. The techniques are very hard to explain and very different than meditation. BUT, they work like a charm every time. However, i have looked into getting other types of hypnosis cd's, but they always add music to the background, which hinders the session, like adding a crutch. Music is fantastic for deepening techniques in meditation or deep relaxation.... but it's a distraction for the most part in hypnosis.

I have been trying to find another student in my own area to perhaps trade favors.

I will add more herbal foods into my diet as you suggest too, sometimes i do forget to eat right, but getting better about it.
Many hugs!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software