University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Knowing Your Purpose In Life
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

adbebbs
Posted 4/19/2007 4:34 PM (#1716)
Subject: Knowing Your Purpose In Life

Does anyone ever ask themselves "What's my purpose in life"? I often ask myself what am I here to do. It can be very frustrating. How do you know you are on the right road to fulfilling your life's mission? Does anyone have any thoughts on this subject?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cause
Posted 4/19/2007 5:28 PM (#1717 - in reply to #1716)
Subject: RE: Knowing Your Purpose In Life

UMS Student

This question is one of the eternal questions of personal philosophy. People have struggled with this question since time immemorial, looking for the answer in vision quests, religion, psychology and education and many other less reputable places. Others have found the answer in seemingly the simplest pursuits and this does not necessarily make them simpletons or even simple people. Interestingly, unless you are prepared for very practical, worldly, answer (and often even if you are) it is one only you can answer adequately. I hope you remember in your search to listen to yourself and that what you do is not necessarily what you are. You have the capacity to answer this question; everyone does. I can only say, enjoy your search, I hope you find your answer and are satisfied.

cause
Tracy Martin
Posted 4/19/2007 6:25 PM (#1718 - in reply to #1716)

Alumni

The closest I can get to my own personal view about what is my purpose is simply to wake up, to become more aware, to get in touch with my true nature and allow that to determine what I do. For me it is a journey of self discovery, to find the center and source of peace, love, wisdom, and power, which connects me to everyone and everything. It is to allow my Heart to take precedence over my ego so that I can act and relate in this reality in a way which nourishes, nurtures, cares, harmonizes, heals, appreciates, and enjoys.  In the world, I may not be famous, a mover and a shaker, but in Spirit I am everyone. In the world, I may not be rich in material goods, but in Spirit everything is mine.
Supernatural3
Posted 4/19/2007 11:38 PM (#1720 - in reply to #1716)

PhD Alumni

I feel when you are on your path, you are very happy and enjoy it very much. I also have found that when your off your path, things happen to force a change.

IE. I owned a beauty salon... an became allergic to everything in it. So i was forced to change careers. So i went into tattooing (Permanent Cosmetics) it was still in the beauty field, but no chemicals and i am now coming down with Tremors. ARGH So once again, i am changing my career path. I do too much anyway, it's time i actually choose to specialize in ONE, instead of all of them. I am choosing hypnotherapy. I am good at it, i feel i can make a difference. I can help people and the only way i would have to change once again is if i lose my voice. LOL

Just do what makes you truly fulfilled and happy inside. It's different for each and every one of us.
Blessings~
adbebbs
Posted 4/20/2007 10:45 AM (#1721 - in reply to #1716)

Thanks so much for all of your replies. All of your information is very helpful. I am very excited about starting my classes in May. I truly feel that this is a start to my journey. I know I will be chatting with you all again soon.
Dancer
Posted 4/20/2007 1:20 PM (#1723 - in reply to #1721)

UMS Student

Be alert and aware of everything that comes into your life. It is all for a reason, some more important reasons than others. Just paying attention and following what your gut tells you to follow, even if it seems weird or ridiculous, (as long as it's safe! :0 ) seems to be what my search has lead me to. I'm also one for gaining many new experiences so I always have a wealth of knowledge to piece together into my own personal puzzle. But I haven't found the answer yet either. The only important part is the journey, for if we had the answer, we'd stop looking and stay stagnant I guess!
Elkhorn
Posted 4/20/2007 2:37 PM (#1727 - in reply to #1716)

Greetings adbebbs,
I have come to know my purpose in life as simply being, doing, and having my experience in this present moment. I believe we can never get it wrong because we will never get it done...that is, if you believe that you are an eternal being. All the best to you, Elkhorn
adbebbs
Posted 4/20/2007 3:13 PM (#1730 - in reply to #1716)

Dear Dancer and Elkhorn:

You are both right. I have to be aware of everything that comes into my life as well as living my life in that moment. A lot of times we get so caught up in the future that we forget to live for that moment.

Namaste,

adbebbs
Frank in Japan
Posted 4/22/2007 4:39 AM (#1740 - in reply to #1716)

student

adbebbs - 2007-04-19 4:34 PM

Does anyone ever ask themselves "What's my purpose in life"? I often ask myself what am I here to do. It can be very frustrating. How do you know you are on the right road to fulfilling your life's mission? Does anyone have any thoughts on this subject?

Yes!!! I know it can be extremely frustrating because it seems no matter which road you take, somewhere along the line it starts taking bends and turns which weren't part of the what you thought you signed up for...

I have read widely on finding life purpose, and the best book I have ever read, that has really helped me is "What color is your parachute?" and the workbook that goes with it. Although it's more directed at vocational themes and choosing/changing careers it encompasses the whole, bigger life picture too.

Keep at it, because when you're searching, you will find! Keep it exciting!

This course has been very helpful for me to more clearly see/feel specifics of my life purpose. In particular, the building of confidence in the intuition about taking action in line with my inspiration has been very helpful.

All the best!

Frank

nate61244
Posted 4/27/2007 9:10 PM (#1769 - in reply to #1716)

I believe your purpose in life is to learn as much as possible on this earth for that is the reason why we are here the earth is like a farm and we are the seeds true life will come after this you leave these mortal bodies just as a seed must die in the ground before it becomes what it was intended to become live life everyday as a adventure and a learning experience.
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 5/15/2007 5:37 PM (#1842 - in reply to #1716)

UMS Student

This post was lost from this forum so here it is again

I have been asking myself this question for a very long time. I have followed this way then that, I liken it to a jigsaw puzzle a bit goes in here then you find another bit somewhere else, some may stay rigidly on what they think is their pathway but in the end the answers will come. It will come from deep within you. I now feel that I am very close to living out my life’s purpose and the feeling is a combination of peace, serenity, fulfilment, bliss and most of all an unshakable TRUST in the Universe. I know what I must do but when I’ve done it I’m sure another pathway will open up for me. None of us will ever know everything but that is what is so inspiring. I would suggest that you meditate every day to clear day to day thoughts and troubles from your mind; you will then have more chance to hear as the Universe often knocks so softly. I do not believe that anyone else can tell you what your life purpose is, it must come from within. Pay attention to the signals you are being given. Don’t forget that it is not the destination that we should focus on it is the journey that is most important.

Love and Light

Elizabeth
Domi
Posted 5/15/2007 6:27 PM (#1844 - in reply to #1842)

Hi and hello to everyone.

I don't know my purpose but I have a sense of feeling that will tell me when I do. I feel a little lost because I can not awake what is hidden on the inside of me yet that will put me into the right path. It is a goal right now for me to learn the art and awake what is hidden in me so I may know where I am going. I struggle to find my next step but eventually I will find my way. I have been battling against my own emotions and finally I found some sort of peace, a humbling experience. I am going to enroll into this school and try to complete it online while I am doing contracting business with the military here in Iraq. I hope this could be a learning experience that will help me pursue into understanding what I am trying to accomplish. I hope my journeys around the world can be of some help to me. I do know one thing I need to learn how to meditate, that could be the first step for me to maybe get a better understanding of myself. By the way your reply is quite soothing.
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 5/16/2007 3:49 AM (#1846 - in reply to #1844)

UMS Student

Hi Domi

You are doing the right thing by enrolling, the meditations are the best I have ever come across and will most definitly help you as they did me. I have just completed my doctorate, I experienced major transformations as I worked through the various courses. I did everything online and the support is excellent. You have found your next step.

Love and Light
Domi
Posted 5/16/2007 8:32 PM (#1848 - in reply to #1846)

Thank you, Elizabeth Ann.
adbebbs
Posted 5/20/2007 3:50 PM (#1857 - in reply to #1716)

Thanks for all of your responses. I am a new student and I am now studying the meditation skills. I have meditated in the past, but the meditation CD's the University has is wonderful. I have gotten a lot out of the 2 CD's I have done so far. I look forward to finishing and starting the other meditations for the other classes. I know that I am on the right path in finding my purpose. I was lead to finding this University. I was surfing the web one day and came across their website. I was both shocked and excited. I have always wanted to know more about metaphysics. As a child and as an adult, I have always had experiences that I could not explain. Oh well, I don't want to get carried away, but thanks guys.

Best wishes to all.

Alicia
NothingEverything
Posted 6/5/2007 8:28 AM (#1975 - in reply to #1716)

UMS Student

I once heard a story about a man who asked a wise man, "What is my true nature?"
The wise man said, "If that is what you say, what is it you do not like?"
The creation in our minds of a false nature brings to fruition a false nature.
In reality, there is no other nature than true nature.
So in knowing my purpose in life, I can only say, to live.
All things i observe in life fullfill their purpose by just doing so.
Flowers, animals, trees, and mountains.
Supernatural3
Posted 6/5/2007 3:03 PM (#1983 - in reply to #1716)

PhD Alumni

My purpose is "Anything i want"
But my goal is: To experience, without killing anyone!

I have achieved it so far!

Supernal
Posted 6/5/2007 5:10 PM (#1984 - in reply to #1716)

student

Hey Nothing, that sounds alot like the idea that the cause of all of lifes drama and suffering is the feeling that something is not right, but in reality nothing is wrong or right it just is. ALL life experience would come out of this original drama when in reality nothing exists without a mind to experience and catalog it, life and existance have absolutly no meaning except for the one we or I give it. no drama know life.
NothingEverything
Posted 6/5/2007 9:14 PM (#1986 - in reply to #1716)

UMS Student

See the original face of things, use an eye with no preceptions.
Imagine, a tree, long before we ever labeled it tree, and science cut it up into kingdom,phylum, class, order,family ,genus, species. Long before we ever said "leaves" are "green" and found use from the trees wood.
all of those names, and labels we have given that tree detract from its pure state and seperate ourselves from it.
there is no seperation, there are no names, perception of these things is not true to reality and exist no farther than our minds
for the sake of relation and communication. There is no relation, because there is no seperation.
all things exist in their pure states whether we name it or not, things exist long before we discover them, and long after we forget them. Everything lives out its purpose by just being. this is true long before we seperated ourselves with "this" and "that", "usefullness" and "uselessness" are labels we grant "things" according to how they serve us, we even label our own brothers and sisters with this. disolve all these perceptions, abandon "use", forget names.
now turn that same unfettered eye of truth, inwards.
Supernal
Posted 6/6/2007 4:36 PM (#1988 - in reply to #1716)

student

Ahhhh.......so youve experienced that too....... gives lots of freedom doesnt it, but at the same time it sorta takes away the purpose. once the true side of things is experienced it makes everything else a lie, a necessary lie for communication purposes, but a big lie nonetheless.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software