University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Forum Support -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Suggestion
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Forum SupportMessage format

mruppert
Posted 5/14/2008 12:38 PM (#5277 - in reply to #1642)
Subject: RE: Suggestion

Hi Nom des Plumes:
     Sometimes I have offended people by doing variations of names. But, it is my way of saying that I feel some sort of  closeness to those that I do. It is my way of saying that we are kindred spirits, though I may disagree in what is said (sometimes voiceferously).
     One day, I hope to meet you, Paul and James, and I'll buy you a pint and you a sake, or whatever else you might prefer. Lord knows, we may find that we are real people and not just words typed on a screen. (One of the reasons why I am a strong advocate of chat.....UMS folks listening????)
     Paul, my Mom is Polish, and though we know her family name....we cannot seem to find the real her in the USA. She seems to have changed her first name, and even with both first names and last name, we cannot seem to root her to anyplace she says she lived. Very mysterious! And so, we believe her to be an "alien" in more ways than one.
     On thread....Tomorrow, in New Hampsha..... I would love to read what you guys discuss as students on this forum, which is open. Class by class would be ideal!

Peace,
Marty and Muppet Cats, Luck, Popp and Sisssssssssssy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sunflower
Posted 5/15/2008 3:39 AM (#5322 - in reply to #5230)

Elite Veteran

hello muppet head,sorry,not,to break this thread,but had to answer your question,my,my grad level,congrats,who needs a degree to be a man/woman/of the world,its not whats in your head that counts,its whats in your heart,lifeexperience far outways academeic pieces of paper,the dumbest soul,could be the most knowledable,so,as study is not for me,and i wouln,t take it up anyway,incase i might outshine you,no,no,your the brightest star,admiration to you.Yes,i do speak welsh,nos.da,mr muppet.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/15/2008 9:23 AM (#5354 - in reply to #5322)

PhD Alumni

I take my hat off to anyone who can speak Welsh. Or Japanese. Or indeed is fluent in any language(s) other than one.

Not that I wear a hat, but I would if I did. Or if I did, I would.
mruppert
Posted 5/18/2008 3:37 AM (#5453 - in reply to #1642)

Yes, indeedy, Sunflowerseed.......that is the whole purpose of why you should do it!!!!!!!!
      It IS to outshine me, by your brilliance of light and understanding.
      And, Soooneee, I am not that smart...I am pretty dumb!
      Guys like PJ and NTET look stuff up, and have resources (no offense to either of you gentlemen)...Sunsan...did you think that NTET pulled all of those quotes out of his head?????? As does PeeJamas state all the things he does????
       My point is this......when I am in Lampeter, I intend to have either a Saturday or Sunday lunch each week classes are in session, in which all my students are invited. We eat, we drink, and we discuss whatever the hell we want. It is then that the true learning occurs!!!!
        As an added bonus, I will have the pleasure of the company of one of my three "true" healers with me. Imagine what she might do....I dunno...I am actually afraid to think about it!

Peace to all,
Mr. Muppethead and Poppets, Lucky, Popp, and Sisssssssssssss
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/18/2008 4:18 AM (#5458 - in reply to #5453)

PhD Alumni

Well actually Mr MJR - just to correct a point here, I DO look things up - when i am near my bookshelf (or if I have time to check the web); but that is usualy only in service of what has just popped into the associations arising from the post. That is why, if you check my posts, i am sometimes wrong in my quotes/attributions, because I first have relied on my memory, then gone back to check (a good example was where I was way of beam with number 7 & Neptune, and my inability to remember the quote that was from Chuang Tzu, which helpfully NE & Rose corrected, 'am i a man dreaming I am a butterfyl, or a butterfly dreaming a man'). the poems i cite as mine are indeed my own.

I do however, and this is why I look things up, feel it is very important to a) get to the origins of any quote or idea that we use today, as they often if not usually, have prior antecedents, and it is critical, i feel, for us to retain memory & honour the past & not steal from it; and b) [oh dear, there was a), b) and c) !!]

sunflower
Posted 5/19/2008 3:31 AM (#5473 - in reply to #5453)

Elite Veteran

ah,muppet,muppet,muppet,understaning is a great thing,how do you you know i haven,t already got a drawer full of degrees,and already outshine you,but am keeping it quiet,for my ears only,or rather my knowledge only,how awful it would be to outshine you,think how bad i,d feel,not.i,may be hiding my light,so to speak,so as not to waste my battery.If i had all the academic degrees in the world,etc,and say there was a person in front of me in a crowded space,who stepped out in the road,andhis mind was so busy on revising on his exams,so that he may pass that day to become a proffesor in say science,and was run over by a bus,and his heart stopped,all around would either be on their mobiles calling forhelp,others so full of academic knowlege,just looked on,so on,and i had learned the life skill of cpr,went and made him breathe again,to keep him alive until the paramedics came,a life saved,if of course it was not his time to go,then all the medical helpin the world would not save him,but it could if it were meant to be,if that souls life had not yet completed his journey,what use then all the academics,with their bulging brains of knowledge,if they knew not how to do a simple proceedure,gosh,don,t i sound posh,anyway,muppet mr, i,ll choose the sunday to go out and have my lunch,so if i don,t see you there,you,ll have missed out on an awful lot of healing,and truth,hope it rains,and your sanwiches get wet,or maybe mother nature will be kind to you,ans smile,either way,i,ll have finished my classes way ahead of you,so i,ll be out first,and enjoying the sun,rain,whatever nature brings,i imagine if rains,you,ll run for cover.Sooooo peacful,all the elements of nature,don,t you think,don,t lunch in the classroom,the knowledge you require,and need,is not there,luv to you and cuddly cats love em,all animals,so wise,and loyal,and so much more knowledge than us mere mortals,luvx P.S. if this post goes through twice,thrice,as so often does with the few,you,ll have the divine leasure of reading it over and over,without starting from the begining,warmest regards,lampeter awaits you,and will never be the same again,shame,nice place.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/19/2008 3:45 AM (#5478 - in reply to #5453)

PhD Alumni

Intersting reply Sunflower - I had the pleasure of reading it 4 times (ie, four versions came through !!)

Love & Peace

PJT
mruppert
Posted 5/22/2008 1:45 AM (#5567 - in reply to #1642)

My dear Sunsolarflare:
     What you say is why I see the greatest value for doing it!
      I grew up as a street kid in Brooklyn, New York. I never had anything in my life, except what was given to me as a hand-me-down. I had an abusive father and a complacent mother, who is quite a nutter. I skipped a lot of high school, but managed to pass. It is very true that I went to university, but I graduated in THE lowest part of my class....not even my class of start, as I took six years to graduate, out of a four year programme. It is also true that I am a member of Mensa, a high IQ society, and I took the test when I was 14...and just pay my dues ever since......could I pass the same test now?
I dunno!
PJ's immediate resources (no offense to him) cannot match my extensive library, since I have more books than can be fit into a two bedroom flat. Since I like fiction (of which there is truth) I have a lot. But, I also have a great "science" library, which just might put UMS at a disadvantage.  I started the journey way before Christine Breezey was born. I lost my path...and have still not truly found it.
In so far as Lampeter, Sunseed, I invited you to my house ...not to stand out in the rain! As I invite all who participate in this website! When I get there, you all are invited, on Sunday, when we shall have our talks about anything and everything you ever wanted!
Peace n' Light,
Marty and Union Jack Cats, Lucky, Poppy, and Sissygrllll
sunflower
Posted 5/22/2008 2:25 AM (#5569 - in reply to #5567)

Elite Veteran

ahhhh,riddles of the sand.Mr muppet,Sir,i appllaud you,i am your humle servant,well not qiuite that far,maybe queen bee worker,my little soulmate. is the first part relly true,mm,mm,if so,accept my apologies,in which case you have triumphed over adversity,a star of gold,there is something about you that i need just that final piece of the jigsaw! Now.i feel guilty,because of your awful upbringing,and have changed from wanting to bash you over the head with a bible,to giving you a great big hug,i choose the latter,well maybe not a bible,perhaps a fiction book,nope,a bible.Do ya no,there is a lot of truth in science fiction,some sf,they had great insight,as is proved today.Am i wittering here,nah,um maybe,a bit,only because i find it easier to speak to the person,in person,not on a machine,then i can get the real drift,etc.i,d love to come to to your house...,i will probably feel at home ther,a kind of de je vue,wrong spelling,but the symbols are there,in my mind.okay, see you sunday,put the kettle on...i,ll bring my spirit of wisdom,and a comforting blanket,or would you prefer wine!,whats that french thing ,orivouirre.ya no,well that,for now my friend i leave my love and hugsxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/22/2008 12:50 PM (#5592 - in reply to #5569)

PhD Alumni

Hmmm .... Marty, to paraphrase NE's marvellous Samurai (from the Poetry thread, now on my desk about to go on the wall)

"I have no resources; broken-ness is my resource"

C S Lewis did some quite good science fiction Sunflower, for me at any rate; not quite as evangelistic as his Narnia books.

But for me, equally, the prize for imaginative literature, of the past few decades anyway, goes to Ursula Le Guin, for her Earthsea saga (five volumes I think at the last count).

I agree though, that truly meaningful things/silences/the unspoken, are of limited capacity in electronic commication.

[from Ursula - 'only in silence the word; only in darkness the light'; only in dying life; bright the hawk's flight in the empty sky' (from memory, so apologies if misquoted)]
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/22/2008 12:52 PM (#5594 - in reply to #5592)

PhD Alumni

ps Marty - whatever will you do with the cats if/when Lampeter comes around?
Zen&AlxM.
Posted 6/14/2009 10:31 PM (#15449 - in reply to #1642)

Student

I skimmed around a little in this thread - boy! did it get taken of topic hahaha but such is the way of conversation. (I've seem to of found myself in another subtle paul joseph trolling trail "a gentle lul of direction" ) Tamara - start a new thread perhaps one for meditations and a different one for course work iv'e only just started ums and am happy to share my experiences aswell as interested to read about others

"To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die - thomas campbell" - little bit of talk about the heart lately round the forum - has anyone seen any of the lastest research of the hearts intellect?
They've found neurons in the heart... memories... anyone heard of this? I havent seen much on it in a while. :'(

yours truly Xenophobe&Namby-Pamby.
Paul Joseph
Posted 6/15/2009 10:01 AM (#15453 - in reply to #15449)

PhD Alumni

Not sure I quite followed all of your first para there ZAM ... but sounded interesting .. as for the heart, I did post some time back a great quote from Pascal,

'The heart has its reasons that reason does not know'
Zen&AlxM.
Posted 6/22/2009 7:22 AM (#15557 - in reply to #1642)

Student

Then you've missed out on my love for you PJ but i have an inkling that we have eternity to be lovers haha i hope your not the shy type

I'm also very much hopeing you share a limitless sense of humor

The heart very interesting organ it is now belived by certain people from certain experiences such as heart transplant patients and heart doctors that the heart and brain work in rythm to produce the effect of thought memory and intelligence - the heart having its own "thinking cells" pretty amazing breakthroughs

Peace.
Supernatural3
Posted 6/23/2009 10:00 PM (#15584 - in reply to #1642)

PhD Alumni

I feel the urge to make a point here.

Nobody outshines anyone, It's not possible.... Unless one LETS the other. One cannot do it just because of education. But.... education CAN help one understand this point. 

Education is a personal preference. It's something we do for ourselves, regardless if it's paid education or self service education. I personally chose paid, because I do not like research and paid education did the research for me. I like things readily available, because I live an extreme busy life. 

I personally never go to outer sources to answer posts, i let it come from inside. But if I do, I will quote my source for plagiarism purposes. I wouldn't have been able to do that with out some good education telling me I needed to do so. I wouldn't have even known how to write a APA format, dissertation or thesis with out education. Doesn't mean I outshine anyone, just means I can do it, if asked to. 

Education is very important for everyone. It is why we can communicate with each other, learn from one another, even if it's going to a library for free stuff. I cannot stress how important education is for everyone, but it's not what causes inner shine, it's our intent that does that. -Only the self can accept the self, and allow the inner light to shine.

Lack of education, can indeed bring about low self esteem, therefor bringing jealousy of others who do educate. Then the opposite, we have those who have educated a lot, then treat others who haven't educated like they don't count or have nothing to offer.....Shame.

To be honest, there is a happy medium to everything. Educate to find the true self, maybe enough to help others find their self, maybe enough to heal, or change for the better. Either way... it's a personal preference. Do it, or don't. But don't knock those who have made different choices. It's what makes the world go round.

Marty, PJ, Sunny or anyone: I don't outshine anyone, but I shine pretty darn good. Enough to be happy anyway. Isn't that all that counts?

HUGS to you all! 
sunflower
Posted 9/11/2009 2:21 AM (#16999 - in reply to #15584)

Elite Veteran

can i go on the students forum,there are seeminly so much joining yet never post,i am sure there is a font of spiritual knowledge there,please don,t say no,,,,again
sunflower
Posted 9/15/2009 5:42 AM (#17032 - in reply to #16999)

Elite Veteran

querying the names of members joining......................................it is polite and spiritual to reply to above request
Nefertiti
Posted 9/15/2009 9:03 AM (#17033 - in reply to #1642)

Sunny, you asked the same thing in two area's and one of your posts was answered.
The rules of the forum are, one has to be a student in order to get into the student area.

Your student status is not confirmed positive.

Thank you for considering joining as a student.

Love and Light!
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/15/2009 10:15 AM (#17038 - in reply to #15557)

PhD Alumni

Ha - so sorry, I missed this post ZAM in my various dark sojourns ... humour and love are indeed both infinite, as is darkness .... thank you kindly
leo
Posted 9/15/2009 5:49 PM (#17047 - in reply to #17038)

Ph.D. Alumni

Darkness and light are both of one nature, different only in seeming, for each arose from the source of all. Darkness is disorder. Light is Order. Darkness transmuted is light of the Light. This, my children, your purpose in being; transmutation of darkness to light.
The Emerald Tablets
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/16/2009 1:10 PM (#17057 - in reply to #17047)

PhD Alumni

I can go with their being one energy: though not sure darkness is disorder

I think there may be more to It (capital deliberate!)
sunflower
Posted 9/17/2009 2:02 AM (#17074 - in reply to #17033)

Elite Veteran

did i get the same answer in the other area,can,t find it,still i wonder.....why all the dodgy names being accepted ,and where are all these people,is there something going on behind the scenes not spiritual,i am poor,so poor,can i join out of the goodness of your spiritual heart,and cosmic love and light,i know they would wish this............all are equal,rich and poor,into the kingdom of heaven,ummmm.
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/17/2009 6:48 AM (#17079 - in reply to #17074)

PhD Alumni

All Universities charge course fees for their studies/qualifications ... indeed UMS is much more inexpensive than most. Institutions have to survive. I don;t get any sense of any 'insider' type 'conspiracies', etc. Feel grateful for whatever UMS offers.

Be well and take care x

Fran
Posted 9/17/2009 8:55 AM (#17081 - in reply to #1642)

Student

Sunflower, while there have been several new names "joining" they are not posting. I imagine they are reading posts to "test the waters" so-to-say to maybe figure out if UMS is a path they wish to follow for studies or maybe just for reading the "public" message boards to post at a later time when they feel comfortable doing so.

And some of the new posters have been advertisers trying to sell things - which is inappropriate & the moderators have been doing what they can to minimize those postings.

As for the regular posters, your message board friends, perhaps they are just busy with day-to-day items & have not been doing more than reading posts themselves. It is also approaching that time of year when some turn inward to reflect & hybernate on what this year has brought & what to manifest in the new one.

Take care dear, you are appreciated.
Nefertiti
Posted 9/17/2009 11:37 AM (#17090 - in reply to #1642)

Many students join specifically to ask questions in their designated area, but do not wish to have their questions be on the public end of the board. This is done for respect and we will not violate their posts to a non-student.

One has to buy a ticket to ride the rides and there are no issued free passes.

Join as a student, and that automatically gets you the entry ticket (a student) to go into the student section.

That area is kept private for a reason and we will not throw out the rules, no matter how nice someone is.

So, to remedy this... just sign up. Lots of learning and wonderful courses to feed the brain.

It was worth every penny to me.

We would welcome you as a student with open arms, same as we do here in the public portion of the forum.

Love and Light
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software