University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Your thoughts on 2012
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Metatron
Posted 12/17/2007 10:23 AM (#3225 - in reply to #1457)
Subject: RE: Your thoughts on 2012

Really great questions, you got me thinking. How I do see the universe and time?

These kinds of questions are open to allot of varied view points, but you ask for mine so I’m going to do the best I can.

First of all, time is an experience. According to basic laws of physics there is no fundamental reason why we see the universe as either historical, or as yet to be.
What we do is observe causes and affects back to a singularity a first cause in a linear way.
This point of origin being the first causal point of all we see. This is a point of no time, no movement, no things.
This point a complete opposite of everything outside of it.
This tells you much in the way dualities.

These drive one another.
From earlier in this thread.

----------------
The driving force of life are dualities, up down, right left, positive negative, past and future.
These dualities create currents between one another to create movement. All these
dualities can be traced to one main duality, temporal time and eternal principles {Singularity}. The universe can only exist with a balance of opposite but complementary poles. These dualities create the movement, cycles and evolution we experience as the temporal observer. The ultimate duality is the eternal and the temporal, without one the other has no contextual existence, therefore the visible universe and man are manifestations brought into existence by the presents of the eternal form. The Singularity.
------------------------
Therefore if the singularity is the source of all, and does not exist in temporal time, there was no big bang in as much as a historical linear sense, but a nonlinear construct that exist in all states at once .

The same can be said for the particle, it has no real independent existence aside from how it is measured it in the context of an observer, who is moving though time. The particle dose not really move but reflects like a hall of mirrors, the singularity’s opposite.
This opposite Indra’s net
-------------------

Indra's Net is a core metaphor of HuaYen.
Stephen Mitchell, in his book The Enlightened Mind, wrote:
"The Net of Indra is a profound and subtle metaphor for the structure of reality. Imagine a vast net; at each crossing point there is a jewel; each jewel is perfectly clear and reflects all the other jewels in the net, the way two mirrors placed opposite each other will reflect an image ad infinitum. The jewel in this metaphor stands for an individual being, or an individual consciousness, or a cell or an atom. Every jewel is intimately connected with all other jewels in the universe, and a change in one jewel means a change, however slight, in every other jewel."
(It's also interesting to note that contemporary physicists are in general agreement that this ancient metaphor is indeed a good description for the universe.)

The Indra's Net: What Is It?
FAR AWAY IN THE HEAVENLY ABODE OF THE GREAT GOD INDRA, THERE IS A WONDERFUL NET WHICH HAS BEEN HUNG BY SOME CUNNING ARTIFICER IN SUCH A MANNER THAT IT STRETCHES OUT INDEFINITELY IN ALL DIRECTIONS. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE EXTRAVAGANT TASTES OF DEITIES, THE ARTIFICER HAS HUNG A SINGLE GLITTERING JEWEL AT THE NET'S EVERY NODE, AND SINCE THE NET ITSELF IS INFINITE IN DIMENSION, THE JEWELS ARE INFINITE IN NUMBER. THERE HANG THE JEWELS, GLITTERING LIKE STARS OF THE FIRST MAGNITUDE, A WONDERFUL SIGHT TO BEHOLD. IF WE NOW ARBITRARILY SELECT ONE OF THESE JEWELS FOR INSPECTION AND LOOK CLOSELY AT IT, WE WILL DISCOVER THAT IN ITS POLISHED SURFACE THERE ARE REFLECTED ALL THE OTHER JEWELS IN THE NET, INFINITE IN NUMBER. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT EACH OF THE JEWELS REFLECTED IN THIS ONE JEWEL IS ALSO REFLECTING ALL THE OTHER JEWELS, SO THAT THE PROCESS OF REFLECTION IS INFINITE
THE AVATAMSAKA SUTRA
FRANCIS H. COOK: HUA-YEN BUDDHISM : THE JEWEL NET OF INDRA 1977

When I was trying to come to a decision regarding the look and feel of my new web site, I wanted to employ a background image that had universal import and could point the way to an adequate description of the nature or reality. A tall order, if not impossible, but the choice was clear: Indra's Net.
There are several aspects of Indra's Net, as described in the above quote, that signify it as a crystal clear allegory of reality:
1. The Holographic Nature of the Universe
Long before the existence of the hologram, the jeweled net is an excellent description of the special characteristic of holograms: that every point of the hologram contains information regarding all other points. This reflective nature of the jewels is an obvious reference to this.
This kind of analogy has been suggested by science as a theory for an essential characteristic of the cosmos, as well as as the functioning of the human brain, as beautifully described in "http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0060922583/o/qid=989291952/sr=8-1/ref=aps_sr_b_1_1/104-6271871-0654346" by Michael Talbot.
2. The Interconnectedness of All Thingss
When any jewel in the net is touched, all other jewels in the node are affected. This speaks to the hidden interconnectedness and interdependency of everything and everyone in the universe, and has an indirect reference to the concept of "Dependent Origination" in Buddhism. Additionally, Indra's Net is a definitive ancient correlate of Bell's Theorum, or the theory of non-local causes.
3. Lack of a substantive self
Each node, representing an individual, simply reflects the qualities of all other nodes, inferring the notion of 'not-self' or a lack of a solid and real inherent self, as seen in the Advaita Vedanta school of Hinduism and Buddhism in general.
4. Non-locality
Indra's Net shoots holes in the assumption or imputation of a solid and fixed universe 'out there'. The capacity of one jewel to reflect the light of another jewel from the other edge of infinity is something that is difficult for the linear mind, rational mind to comprehend. The fact that all nodes are simply reflections indicates that there is no particular single source point from where it all arises.
5. Innate Wisdom
The ability to reflect the entirety of all light in the universe attests to the inherent transcendant wisdom that is at the core of all nodes, representing all sentient beings, and to the inherent Buddha Nature.
6. Illusion or Maya
The fact that all nodes are simply a reflection of all others implies the illusory nature of all appearances. Appearances are thus not reality but a reflection of reality.
7. Universal Creativity
A familiar concept in various high dharmas is one of an impersonal creative intelligence that springs forth into reality through the instruments of all living beings.
8. The Mirror-like Nature of Mind
The capacity to reflect all things attests to the mind being a mirror of reality, not its basis. This is a common thesis among various schools and religions.
And Indra's Net has been used as a defining metaphor for the Internet. One major web hosting site is "http://www.indra.com".
The following are some quotes and interesting web sites regarding Indra's Net:

Edited by Metatron 12/17/2007 10:52 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 12/18/2007 1:58 AM (#3239 - in reply to #1457)
Subject: RE: Your thoughts on 2012

Hi Chris:
     You have given us much to think about philosophically; and I, for one, and Lyonness should come along, will look at what you wrote more closely.
     My problem is more physics than philosophy. Einstein's original equation, the grandaddy of them all, was E=mcSQUARE ( I am sorry, I cannot make the squared sign with the fonts that I have)......was it the speed of light or the velocity of light????
      If you judge it the speed, we have all ready proven that light can travel faster than his constant...as it was a constant, it had to be to prove his relativity theory. If you judge it as the velocity, i.e, speed and direction, it sure worked, UNTIL it was diffused by the anomolies, one of which you mentioned, a black hole. It sorta bent time, in a way...an unknown way...one that he couldn't explain...since he couldn't know what occurred in a black hole, nor where things go once in a black hole.
     The special theory that dealt with gravity was just a coverup for his shortsightedness.
     Now Meta, try to pick apart my theory, and please be as vicious and critical as you can...point out my fallacies and stupidity.....but do so with the light that you show , as you seem to be aware of the new "quantum mechanics" school.
My principles are as follows ( and where is IAM, who would have a lot to say ):
All "time" exists.
All "time" exists at all times.
All of "time" exists everywhere.
If the bangers and the quantum TOE jockeys and the UNIfieres accept this, they sleep easy at night. The Stringers will still play with their silly strings, but thats what they like to do.
     I need a thousand words to explain the message, but I think those that need the basics get the message.
     And, the lion sleeps tonight!

Peace Profound,
Marty and Mystical Luckylee, Metaphorical Poppyhead, and Miraculous SissyGirl, timeless cats, who live forever.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software