University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beyond the Rose Cross-TAROT
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 1/15/2007 1:57 AM (#1347)
Subject: Beyond the Rose Cross-TAROT

Thank you all for the comments on the Rosicrucians. At the time I proposed the question, I was also somewhat involved in the study of the TAROT. An article in The Washington Post, 1/7/07 entitled "Chakra and Awe" really upset me. The readers of the cards, in my view, obviously did not know or understand the cards, and (most certainly) did not know how to read the cards properly.
I'd like to have some discussion with readers of the cards. Sooooo, let me pose a most basic question. Are the cards truly cards of divination? (Of course, I am all ready biased to say yes, as I am a reader, but a fumbling one in the darkness.)
If I am so lucky as to get replies from experienced readers, I would be VERY interested in what deck you use, and what spread you use for the maximum effectivity.

Regards and peace to you all,
Marty
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 1/15/2007 8:20 AM (#1351 - in reply to #1347)
Subject: RE: Beyond the Rose Cross-TAROT

PhD Alumni

I am a reader, and i love my cards.... but, i use the simple deck (rider) only because i got used to it. LOL i do like other decks for the bright colors and beauty. I could read them, too. But i stick to my first learned, because they don't let me down. I don't really need cards anymore, but they remind me of what i forget to think about.

As far as my layout? I use my own. It's like a filled in pyramid with a chance for clients to ask questions after the general read. IF someone just wanted to ask questions, i would do just a five card spread. Each cards interacts with the card next to it and my normal reading uses ALL the cards. I cannot stand one card answers.... that seems too vague to me.

I hope this helps....
Blessings~
mruppert
Posted 1/18/2007 10:44 PM (#1396 - in reply to #1351)

Thanks for the reply, Doc.....the Rider seems to be the most popular deck thus far, at least in the USA and UK. A number of French use another one. I use the Rider. Sometime in the future, several of my friends and I will be webmasters to a page which will have a section devoted to the tarot. It will NOT, AND I STRESS NOT, be a page that does readings, or offers readings; it is discussion ONLY and a chance to trade knowledge about tarot and many other things, in an academic venue. We will not be .com, but most likely .org or .edu, depending on where the host ultimately resides. Would you be interested in moderating a forum on tarot?
Regards,
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 1/21/2007 5:02 PM (#1410 - in reply to #1347)

PhD Alumni

I would be more than happy to help you out!
Blessings~
asha
Posted 2/9/2007 6:12 PM (#1494 - in reply to #1347)

UMS Student

I love tarot cards, especially all the really beautiful new decks coming out. Right now I am really enjoying the Goddess tarot by Chris Waldher. They are bright, beautiful, and full of evocative, powerful images.
As for using oracles...it seems to me that these are tools that connect us with source wisdom. I do not know exactly how it works, but in my experience, it does.
As for favorite layouts, I like to use the celtic cross, the simple past, present, and future, and especially the intuitive layout, spreading all the cards out and having the querant pick cards in response to specific questions. This is done by asking the question, then holding the hand over the cards, slowly moving the hand until heat or a tingling or some other energy transfer is felt. This is a really fun way to work on strengthening your intution. Another favorite deck is the Daughters of the moon. This is a female oriented deck, but very rich, beautiful, and fun to use. I think anyone would enjoy it, as long as it doesn't bother you that none of the images are male. It is round in shape, as well, which I really like. I also really enjoy other types of decks, such as angel card decks, tree card decks, animal card decks, and fairy card decks. There are so many amazing artists out there creating these offerings for us to explore and enjoy. Each is a way to connect with the energetic flow of information and energy. The key would seem to me to be to connect with the images, and allow them to open up the channel to the source of all. I really hope you enjoy your adventures with tarot, just remeber, it is all a dance in the mind of God/dess.
mruppert
Posted 2/12/2007 12:01 AM (#1506 - in reply to #1410)

Hello Doc J:
We are still sorting out hosting issues. It is going to take a lot more work than I have time to devote to at this particular movement. Those involved have agreed that we will do it, but the machinations of getting it on line have become very contested. It looks like, now, we will be a "co.uk" website. I will let you know how this progresses.
Thanks for your vote of confidence,
Marty
mruppert
Posted 2/12/2007 12:13 AM (#1507 - in reply to #1494)

Hello Asha:
Would you please tell me more about "heat or a tingling or some other energy"? I think you have struck on something that concerns something else I am exploring?

Peace,
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 2/12/2007 8:36 AM (#1510 - in reply to #1347)

PhD Alumni

I can explain that easily, and if there is a different way, i am sure it will be explained as well.

What we are talking about is a type of reading, where you lay the cards basically in a fan line, still overlapping, but as if someone is holding the cards and ask you to pick a card while being face down. They can be on a table in front of you, or on the floor, if that is where you are setting. Then you take your hands (i recommend opening your hand chakra's first, but it's not neccesary) then you scan over the cards with your hand. doesn't really matter which hand, (but if you are familiar with Reiki, then you would use your scanning hand, which is your submissive hand), then as you feel a connection, a tingle, heat, anything at all..... that is the card you pick out. You can do this several times, until you have the cards desired to give your reading.

I normally pick about 5 cards, starting from past, to center being present, then moving into future. I have also done this with 7 cards, for each day of the week. Endless possibilities.

This is one way that you let the cards pick, when you get a feeling. It actually works well. Great for self readings, or one or two question readings.

I hope this helps.... i am sure if i didn't cover how others do it, then more will be added.
Blessings~
Supernatural3
Posted 2/12/2007 8:37 AM (#1511 - in reply to #1506)

PhD Alumni

mruppert - 2007-02-12 12:01 AM

Hello Doc J:
We are still sorting out hosting issues. It is going to take a lot more work than I have time to devote to at this particular movement. Those involved have agreed that we will do it, but the machinations of getting it on line have become very contested. It looks like, now, we will be a "co.uk" website. I will let you know how this progresses.
Thanks for your vote of confidence,
Marty

No problem, just let me know, I am always around.....
Blessings~
mruppert
Posted 3/19/2007 11:48 PM (#1566 - in reply to #1347)

Hello Doc J:
Well, my idea is not gonna happen, as others involved have a "commercial" interest and want to make money, of which, (though I'd like to have unlimited amounts of) means little to me. I am satisfied with the salary that a state university pays. Oh well, maybe I'll win a lottery. AND THEN, I will do it out of my own funds. But, thanks for your interest!
Sincerely,
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 3/20/2007 9:41 AM (#1570 - in reply to #1347)

PhD Alumni

I agree and disagree all at once. While perhaps commercializing things do corrupt some, it's no different than seeing a psychologist for a problem and talking about it. Time is time and anyone's time is worth just the same as anyone else's time. I don't like taken advantage of when someone asks me to read for them. When i could be doing other things for income, instead i stop to help them. A form of payment means gratitude for helping them and compensation for the time and effort put it.

Now the parts i disagree with is outrageous costs. When someone famous must charge $700 for a reading and many people will do it, who don't have the money but are desperate. I won't take advantage of people. When i give readings for people, yes i charge for my time, but i also won't let them keep coming each week or month. I recommend yearly and if they cannot wait, then no sooner than a season change. I do this, because the majority of clients will have not money problems, but love problems. 65% of people want to know about LOVE, 25% money and the last 10% will be about health.

Another problem i do have with some readers are those who claim that someone has a spell or curse and one must pay them to get rid of it. That makes me want to pull my hair out and turn them into the police department for fraud. I have a friend, who was told she could get her vision back if she paid this woman $850 dollars to remove a curse, which she was then told it was the real reason for her blindness. (she has Glaucoma). this sort of stuff infuriates me and really gives the good readers out there a bad name.

So i can see where you are coming from, but never be ashamed to be compensated for helping someone. We all need to eat and have a roof over our heads somehow. Metaphysics is not given enough credit and we need to change it. But the right way.....

Know what i mean?

Blessings~

Edited by Supernatural3 3/20/2007 9:42 AM
mruppert
Posted 3/23/2007 2:40 AM (#1571 - in reply to #1347)

Yeah Doc...I do see what you are saying! But, mine, and several others, was purely an academic interest.....we believe the cards have a certain power and just wanted to study in an open forum why this is so. Sort of an "insiders" chance to relax and talk about things. The dollar/pound people said that they want revenue via clicks; BUT, then went beyond that and said why not give readings if "WE" have a forum of readers. That is when I felt the intrinsic nature of what I wanted to do was morphing into something that I really did not want nor do not want to do.
I read for free, and I would like to compare my readings with anyone who charges any amount of money for the same task. Nonetheless, our ultimate goal was to develop a statistical database with the idea of validating the "science" of the cards, and those that can read them, as not everyone truly can.
Anyway, the deal is off, since we cannot find academic hosting, but the two or three of us as originators have another idea. We will see what happens.
The New Year has just come upon us, and I have asked for your continued health and well being in perpetuity.
My regards,
Marty
mruppert
Posted 3/23/2007 2:50 AM (#1572 - in reply to #1347)

Arrgh.....saying things that I assume people understand without explanation......the Rosicrucian New Year has occured for me. And, I have asked for your health and well being, Doc. That is what I meant to convey.
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 3/23/2007 9:45 AM (#1575 - in reply to #1347)

PhD Alumni

Ahhhh, Thank you very much.... DITTO!

I certainly can understand where you are coming from. Sorry that it didn't work out like you planned. I do also give plenty of readings for free too. Probably more free readings than paid readings for sure. Matter of fact, I wouldn't even say that i get one paid reading a month, because i end up reading friends for free all the time. I am not going to charge my friends..... They are always as broke as me. LOL

As far as the cards having power.... i honestly don't feel they hold power at all. but this is my own opinion. Even when doing a ritual and you have items involved... those items don't have power.... Not until you mentally put it there. If you give them power, they have power. But the power is with-in you.

Make sense? I mean, the cards don't even exist, until you know about them. Then thought creates their existence.... with out thought, we don't exist.
Your mind is the key to everything.... for thought is energy. Create it beautiful....

Happy New Year to you too and i hope your new year is a wonderful one.
Blessings~
mruppert
Posted 3/28/2007 10:03 PM (#1583 - in reply to #1347)

Indeed it is so. Many can tell you what the cards represent....few can tell you what the cards mean.
I don't know why the actual cards are so fascinating to me.
Oh my, the phone is ringing...
Thanks again,
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 3/29/2007 7:09 AM (#1585 - in reply to #1347)

PhD Alumni

yes, i could tell you what each card means.... but honestly, i am not going to do it here. LOL It would take me all day, for there are lots of cards.
I can give an abbreviated meaning of cards....

Kings = Boss, or Husband, Man, and Aggressiveness.
Queens = Wife, Maturity, Mother or Mother type, and female.
Knight = young man, or action
Page= young female or "Thought" no action.
Aces = New Beginnings, aggressiveness, fresh start

The Major arcana mean exactly what they say, but some are indirect. Like Death, (sometimes just means change) it represents the card next to it. Like if you had a page and a death card, that would tell me that your not going to think about your problem anymore.

Rods = Fire signs, Spring, Aggressive, job, career
Pentacle = Earth signs, Winter, Money, Wealth, plans
Swords = Air signs, Fall, health, surgery, dual, stress
Cups = Water signs, Summer, emotions, depression, happiness, blessings, nurturing

The tower is the only card of doom, or real problems.

When a card is upside down, it's the opposite, except the tower card, if it's upside down, it just means not as bad.

The devil card to me just means "bad influences" or FATE, Chained to it.... Bound to happen. It also reveals people's problems.

I am not going into the numbers, because that would take me too long. But this is a short course. LOL

I hope it was understandable.

Edited by Supernatural3 3/29/2007 7:13 AM
Elkhorn
Posted 4/23/2007 4:51 PM (#1759 - in reply to #1347)

Aloha mruppert,
For the last several years I have been using the Crowley deck known as the Thoth deck and have approached the tarot from the perspective of psychology...as sort of a symbolic representation of the archetypal potentials so far percieved by our evolving consiousness.
It has been for me a great adjunct to my study of some of the magical systems and their associated symbology. I guess that is why I am using the Thoth deck in that it includes many esoteric symbologies that are then set together in a concentration of correspondences.
Using the deck and applying my best understanding of the symbologies has yielded a deeper appreciation in me of the splendid perfection of our shared life. I have used a handbook specifically for that deck by Angeles Arrien which has a more yin approach to the sometimes discomfiting principles of life processes, or magick...especially magick associated with Aliester Crowley. So, I guess I could say that I have been using tarot as a book of wisdom and a map of consciousness, as Ms. Arrien describes her approach.
I am often surprised at the accuracy of the cards as they apply to the specific question I am asking and I always feel rather satisfied at the expanding understanding that comes with each draw.
I am presently studying tarot magic as the cards contain all the symbolgy required for the creation of a mind set conducive to intensifying the law of attraction.
Hope this may add another aspect to your query. Shalom. Elkhorn
mruppert
Posted 4/29/2007 1:18 AM (#1782 - in reply to #1347)

Hi again Elkhorn (as I believe I replied to another post in your name):
Would you tell me what spread you use? I am looking for those that use beyond the "fan"; moreso to those that use something like the "Celtic Cross" style, full deck.

Regards,
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 4/29/2007 12:19 PM (#1786 - in reply to #1347)

PhD Alumni

I use a very unfamiliar style of reading. It's a pyramid, that us upside down and the bottom is just a 5 card question(s) till the deck is done.

I have NEVER used a cross method, because it doesn't tell me enough.

My card spread is like this

__1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6
__ 13. 14. 15. 16 . 17
_______7 . 8 . 9
_______10 . 11
_________12

___18. 19. 20. 21. 22 Etc.

Till end of deck while over lapping the 5 card questions.

Edited by Supernatural3 4/29/2007 12:23 PM
Katrina
Posted 7/31/2009 5:45 PM (#16309 - in reply to #1347)

Student

Another cool old thread! This one is for Tigercap and Nadine.

PS -
Marty - Haven't found the post you referenced about the Rosicrucians yet. One of the very 1st metaphysical books I purchased was about the Rosicrucians. I cannot remember the name it was blue with a beautiful pink/red rose on the front.

Edited by Katrina 7/31/2009 5:49 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/31/2009 7:10 PM (#16310 - in reply to #16309)

PhD Alumni

Aww dear Katrina ... cannot it not be for me too ? I feel left out now.... (joking, kind of); but also, how do you get this far back ? When I have clicked on 'All posts', I only get taken to about a year or so; it fair puts me off posting, to think of all those lost lonely posts that I assumed had been wiped out, and here you are, now finding so many long lost pines: we are indebted to you.

Goodness only knows where you are now in the vaults under the Boards .... can I join you? You make very good company.

Love & Blessings

Paulo de Pablio de la Mancha Flayed God x
Katrina
Posted 7/31/2009 9:14 PM (#16314 - in reply to #1347)

Student

Awe, thank you dear Paul. I'm trying to narrow down my topic for my Masters Thesis, as my outline is my next assignement. I figured I'd check out the old posts and came across some interesting things you guys said before my time. It seemed a shame that they were sitting there as some of the newer memebers have been posting similar inquiries. I'm not sure the 'how' I pushed search and typed in Vibrations, Energy healing etc..., then made it pull from 'all posts' and up came all these posts.

At the time I didn't really have time to respond at that moment, although I'd really like to - they seem rather timely and timeless at the same time (*giggle*) so I bumped them up to present time. Hopefully this weekend I be able to do some typing and maybe my topic will just pop up! Who knows, maybe we will get some hot topics going!

Edited by Katrina 7/31/2009 9:15 PM
Zen&AlxM.
Posted 8/1/2009 10:07 AM (#16322 - in reply to #1347)

Student

Mruppert - question: are all the worlds 'secret society's' part of a pyramid scheme with the top being the masons? rosecross prob-ley somewhere in the middle :')

Edited by Zen&AlxM. 8/1/2009 10:07 AM
mruppert
Posted 8/1/2009 10:56 PM (#16336 - in reply to #1347)

Hey Zennyhenny.....
     No secrets with the Rosicrucians..you can buy the same monographs we get on ebay if you search...even though we are not supposed to sell them, there are always unscrupulous, dishonest, people anywhere.
     The printed material may be beneficial to some, but probably most will think they have been ripped off somehow. This is what these secret guys do????????? Oh man, I want my money back.
      We do not have buildings such as the Masons do, or the Scottish Rite. The biggest structure we have is in San Jose, Kali-fun-eyah. It has a fairly good collection of Egyptian antiquities and is wide open to the public, as are the gardens. We do have regional gatherings but these are varied and different in nature according to area.
      What we have, and that which those seek  through surreptitious means, is a cosmic communication with each other, which is tangible. You won't find this in an ebay auction or a Buy-It-Now.....you won't find it anywhere until you, too, experience it.
      If you were to put the stuff YOU get from UMS on ebay, and someone bought it and then complained that this is just so much total b%$s(*t and not worth the K's of dollars that you paid....they would have a perspectival point, wouldn't they? But, they would also very much miss the boat. They would not understand why we do this, at all.

Pax and Lux,
Marty and Bastet Statues, Lucky, Poppy and Sissy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software