University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

light and sound machines
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

cause
Posted 7/23/2007 5:38 PM (#2366 - in reply to #2338)
Subject: RE: light and sound machines

UMS Student

Marty,

My feelings about your questions are as follows,

1) Yes, I feel there is a potential for abuse and I can see how a person could be caught up in the use of L&S devices. But, there is, I'm sure, no physical dependancy, and in my mind this technology should be explored for its possible therapeutic uses.

2)The barrier to regular meditation that I felt was finding time to do both. I was worried about serious distraction before I bought the device. But, If anything my meditations have gotten more interesting and possibly more valuable (although this remains to be seen). I'm not sure how to finalize this answer except by reiterating that I have found new meditative states that were unknown to me before.

3)The idea that this is entirely new is not entirely true! The Indian Raga's where written with the thought that their resonances would directly effect the body of the listener! The "new" part of this technology is the modification of light, including the ganzfeld effect and flicker. I'm not sure if this is a breakthrough, but it is a fascinating idea that a modification of light could make you more psychically receptive.

good wishes,
cause
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 7/23/2007 10:38 PM (#2369 - in reply to #1289)

Hi Dee:
     Thanks so much for the link......I feel it adds dimension to the discussion. I use Gregorian Chant in many different ways. If you filter it, you see basic wave patterns that are in keeping with modern day recordings specifically designed to target "states' of mind. How could the composers know this a thousand years ago?
     I am not that convinced about Mozart, though. Yes, I know his story, but I am not sure about the music.
     Please, join in again, and I would love to "hear" about your Amadeus experience!
Peace Profound,
Marty
mruppert
Posted 7/23/2007 10:58 PM (#2370 - in reply to #2366)

Hi Cause:
     #3 gives me much to think about! My understanding of the Ragas will always be colored by the time that I was introduced to them; a time of peace, love and war. I remember Ravi explaining what he was about to play, but we really weren't listening to the explanation, as most were all ready in a sound trip of each's own making. I do remember that there was an epic story, and that the music lasted forever, and that we heard the music long after he had left the stage.
Thanks, Cause, as you have opened my eyes to some beautiful memories and/or illusions.
Best to you,
Marty
cause
Posted 7/25/2007 10:57 PM (#2402 - in reply to #1289)

UMS Student

Thank you dee,
I will look at the site. Some of the articles look very informative.
mruppert
Posted 7/31/2007 10:24 PM (#2448 - in reply to #1289)

Hi Cause:
     Anymore feedback on the use of the glasses? The battle of brakes for the car vs. Procyon resulted in brakes winning. No glasses until tax return time!
     Oh, and I wanted to ask you just out of curiosity, did you ever see a flic called "They Live"....it was a John Carpenter movie, with a WWF wrestler named "Rowdy Roddy Piper" in the lead role. I think there are several things that most people miss....the primary one being that when he puts the glasses on, the sound changes....Carpenter makes it obvious about one third through the movie when you distinctly hear "sleep....sleep...sleep.... as a background to a b/w view of what Piper is looking at.The Inet ambient radio station "Sleepbot" uses this as their tagline when entering their stream.
best wishes to you,
Marty
cause
Posted 8/21/2007 9:35 PM (#2531 - in reply to #1289)

UMS Student

I've never seen that particular movie. And, strangely cannot find "sleepbot" in my ambient radio section on itunes. :(

Your post did however remind me of the iradio, and I have it on "realms of spirit" ambient now. Beautiful languages and singing! :)

I am now working on a way to transfer the programing function software from this mac to my old IBM which is the required system. The IBM has no ethernet! I'm sure I'll work it out.

I appologize for the lateness of my reply I was taking what I consider to be a summer break. I'm now behind on many threads. I am enjoying the machine and feel that there is alot of potential in it. I am interested in what other L&S machines are like. I am just starting to explore the journeying I intended and 'am taking it slow. I'll have to get back to you on some of the info.

Edited by cause 8/21/2007 10:02 PM
cause
Posted 9/14/2007 6:02 PM (#2584 - in reply to #1289)

UMS Student

In working with the L&S machine I found that I may have chosen a product that is different than most of the other products out there. The Procyon is a color L&S machine and as such is an improvement in the modification of mood though color. However the other L&S machines on the market use glasses with the LED's on the periphery of the vision of the wearer and because of this the eye is effected differently, comparable to peripheral drift illusion. We are using light to change consciousness and as such should consider the effect this illusion has on the wearer. I believe it to be strong!

The bottom line is that I have little knowledge about other systems, and am unsure I wasn't to spend the money on another new system. If someone has another system I would like to receive there input.
mruppert
Posted 9/16/2007 2:27 AM (#2590 - in reply to #1289)

Sleepbot, Cryosleep and BlueMars are on Shoutcast....though BlueMars is only availabe some days, I guess they are running out of money.
I also found a Polish stream....Mixture of Particulate Solids....that is pretty bizarre, in that they mix cetain classical compositions with ambient and new age. They played Henryk Gorecki's "Symphony of Sad Songs" which was a trip in itself.
Marty
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software