University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Write On The Wall
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Paul Joseph
Posted 3/26/2017 6:21 AM (#28233 - in reply to #28232)
Subject: Re: Write On The Wall

PhD Alumni

I never heard of Lucy the movie ... so what does 1 + 1 = through the Lucy lens ...?

??

The Tao begets one;
one begets two;
two begets three;
three begets the myriad creatures
(Ch 42, verse 1 Tao te Ching)

Although in relation to human relations I can see also another perspective ...?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 3/26/2017 7:09 AM (#28234 - in reply to #28233)

Expert

Hello to Paul and Disa!

Actually Paul, your question " so what does 1 + 1 = " in a way, IS the answer.

And, here is the answer from Lucy: "Humans consider themselves unique so they've rooted their whole theory of existence on their uniqueness. One is their unit of measure, but it's not. All social systems we've put into place are a mere sketch. One plus one equals two. That's all we've learned, but one plus one has never equaled two. There are, in fact, no numbers and no letters. We've codified our existence to bring it down to human size to make it comprehensible. We've created a scale so that we can forget its unfathomable scale."

Mesmerizingly yours,
Marty
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/26/2017 8:06 AM (#28235 - in reply to #28234)

PhD Alumni

Thanks Marty for clarifying

Brings me back to someone I quoted here before, Rene Guenon, who many years ago wrote a book called, The Reign of Quantity, which he argued, is the prevailing mythos of our time (and which will be our undoing as a civilization), as opposed to the 'reign of quality', which is the time and realm of spirituality-metaphysics

Happy Sundaze and Mother's Day All

Paul
Supernatural3
Posted 3/26/2017 4:46 PM (#28237 - in reply to #27193)

PhD Alumni

Oh i loved that movie, "Lucy" as i must have watched it over ten times.... They really do their homework in some films and i don't doubt that a lot of truth is with-in them.
mruppert
Posted 5/26/2017 7:47 PM (#28324 - in reply to #27193)

Expert

Hmmmmmmmm........
No outpouring of sympathy for those who were killed because they like Ariana Grande and have no clue as to the beliefs of those who follow the warlord prophet?
Though, it is not something that hasn't been done before......the Japanese Imperial Army in Nanking, China comes to mind as does the Russian push into Berlin, Germany.
However, in certain cultures, the maltreatment and abuse of children, be they boy or girl, is part and parcel of ordained religious belief. And, I am being asked to understand, accept and be sensitive to this so that I might not be
offensive to such cultures. Well!
My heart goes out to those who thought they might have the night of their lives seeing their idol sing her songs that they know by heart. They are no longer with us since they are dead to us.
As a historian first and foremost, the true story of Mohammed (no matter how you spell it) is not that great. Why he should be such a revered prophet (to the extent that to portray him in a bad light gets you killed) is beyond me!
Mohammed, merchant of death???? Yes???? No???????????

I Hoid It Thru the Truth Vine,
Marty

Sneak over to Stochastical Music Extraveganza 'n' I play you "I bet your wondering how I knew"
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/27/2017 11:21 AM (#28326 - in reply to #28324)

PhD Alumni

Hi Marty

I kept staring at the Board here after the Manchester Massacre of the Innocent, on several occasions, but could think of nothing apt to post that could capture the depth of horror or depravity of such an act, and also though on of other not dissimilar assaults on those underserving by those deeply as unworthy, as are echoed in your post.

So I kept silent.

Political campaigning ongoing here and elsewhere in the world .... just seems to magnify the horror and difficulty of the 'foolishness of God', or goodness, set against the overpowering sense of the power of evil.

All indeed might be illusion, which is perhaps the best way to gird ourselves for the continuing daily struggle as we go about our business, whatever it is, and keep the little light of holiness lit as the winds of darkness storm around it.

All power to Ariana Grande and now I hear Liam Gallagher in donating concert funds to the Manchester fund too.

Love to all
Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 5/31/2017 5:10 AM
Supernatural3
Posted 5/27/2017 4:29 PM (#28327 - in reply to #27193)

PhD Alumni

I sat and worried about who all was directly affected, or if any here..... But I didn't know really what to say either, only that it's horrible and the shhht is still going on pathetically...... All we can do is place ourselves in a place of healing and heal what we can. We are not helpless..... Love and hugs
Disa
Posted 5/28/2017 4:37 PM (#28328 - in reply to #27193)

Alumni

There really are just no words. xoxox
Paul Joseph
Posted 6/3/2017 12:40 PM (#28337 - in reply to #28328)

PhD Alumni

Yet but how good and sweet - and dare I say, Holy? - it is that all those 'pop star' personages, including Ariana herself (who did a surprise visit to children survivors in hospital today) have returned to Manchester this weekend to perform in a charity event ... Mazel Tov to them and everyone reading these words ....

The darkness cannot prevail against the Light

Paul
mruppert
Posted 6/4/2017 8:24 AM (#28338 - in reply to #28337)

Expert

OMG-again!
The light needs to expose the true nature of things. Each time the light comes close to illuminating the good, the bad, and the very ugly.....we shade the light in the fear that we may offend those that are bad and are very ugly.
We need to come to terms with the truth. There is a faith that, as a fundamental pillar, promulgates the practice of jihad. "al-jihad fi sabil Allah"
In whatever way we choose to accept the truth, we do need to stop all the excuses and apologies.

One way is to accept the way of the prophet to avoid further murders.....but if we do that, this discussion board, this school and this church exist no more!

More prayers for the new victims of faith in action,
Marty

Paul Joseph
Posted 6/4/2017 8:30 AM (#28339 - in reply to #28338)

PhD Alumni

Hi Marty - long time since Boarding contemporaneously! .... Agree with you, as nearly always ... I had always understood true 'jihad' in the mystical tradition was the very subtle 'war with oneself' and against spiritual sleep .... but this current crop of terrorist non-scholars, no-hopers and cowards lack any subtlety and fulfill only the way of ignorance and hatred ... though dealing and responding to it all is hard
blessings to us all
Paul
Ophiucus
Posted 6/5/2017 8:57 AM (#28340 - in reply to #27193)

Forum Administrator

HUGE NAMASTE to Ariana Grande and her musical colleagues for the One Love concert in and for Manchester yesterday.

It was a stunning and very moving event, totally inspirational and a voice (voices!) of LOVE and LIGHT against any forces of darkness and hate.

Thank you Ariana for organising the event, commendation and praise for your courage in returning to what must have been a traumatic location, and high praise too for all the concert-goers who returned to support.

At the end of every day, the light diminishes - but does not go out: for the sun always rises, even if sometimes we cannot see it

Love and blessings everyone

Ophiucus
Supernatural3
Posted 6/7/2017 3:18 PM (#28341 - in reply to #27193)

PhD Alumni

One must go into the dark to see the smallest of light..... Never fear the dark. We cannot fail. There is simply no such thing. I also will never place my faith in only one such prophet, because my own truth is that we are all prophets, all one, all with purpose. What is bad to one is good to another and vice versa. Love is the way...... The total answer. I love you all!
mruppert
Posted 7/4/2017 5:25 PM (#28365 - in reply to #27193)

Expert

Hallo All Everywhere:
Ya know, the slaves would have been freed in the mid-late 1830's had we remained a colony of Britain (sorry, no UK then). But, I LOVE the USA even with all it's faults though I'd really like to have that splendid house I found in Niagra, Ontario....where, even though British, they drive on the right side of the road in defiance.
Any diety you want BLESS US....here, there, and everywhere.

P.S. As is my sometimes tradition, I will post a patriotic song in Stochastical Musciale, in the hope that the medium might be the message. And this one WILL appeal to the Trumpeters and the non-Trumpeters alike.

Peace and Love,
Marty
mruppert
Posted 8/6/2017 6:32 PM (#28381 - in reply to #27193)

Expert

OMG.....didn't realize that my membership in SPR had lapsed.....wondered why I wasn't getting any journals? Renewed, so I am in good stead in Londontown.
Watched the Scole Experiments and thought the production overdone to enhance what is good evidence.
As historic board members know, I have my own ideas with regard to time; and share a Catholic (mostly Roman) view of life after death.....we believe in resurrection, NOT reincarnation.
I think the Scole experiments pretty much offer evidence that supports my belief.
If you ever do peek at us, deal with it Aqua!!

Peace from the Exponential Universe,
Marty (looking for a little kitty, as we start the cycle again)
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/7/2017 8:29 AM (#28383 - in reply to #28381)

PhD Alumni

Hi Marty

Nice to see you around ... is SPR the Society for Psychical Research? I was lucky enough to have a short article published in their journal Light several years ago when the foot and mouth disease was raging here ...

Do not know what are the Scole Experiments though ... as for resurrection/reincarnaton, will reflect on that in your other relevant post ...

Another pussy? Miaow purr ...

Best
Paul
mruppert
Posted 8/8/2017 5:44 PM (#28387 - in reply to #27193)

Expert

Hello Paul and those who have an hour plus to spare, here is a link to the Scole experiments:

https://youtu.be/5vG8j9MvOQA

Now, I know suspicions will be aroused as the production values are over the top......but if you show the solid, yet unexciting, evidence just as it happens, folks would be bored after the first five minutes of programme and would turn the telly off....which is a no-no in Britishland.
Also, there will be the cynical cynics who will question this. And, they will also question Celebrity Big Brother.........and well they should.....I mean, you've got Derek Acorah in the house so why isn't he telling everybody what's going to happen? Here, I agree with the cynics and understand that Derek is first, and foremost, an entertainer. I understand that Dynamo does not walk on the Thames River. BUT, recognizing that he does not do it, is not to say that he could not do it.
So we arrive back at the most telling line I have ever heard and that has stuck with me and challenged me to see (what, I do not know).

"One plus one equals two. That's all we've learned, but one plus one has never equaled two." (And, I remember that Absy used to write that one plus one equals...........................two!)

Hope you all enjoy the lovable Scolesters,

Take it...another little piece of my heart,
Marty (and Janis Joplin)
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/10/2017 6:05 AM (#28393 - in reply to #28387)

PhD Alumni

Hi Marty

Thanks for heads up on the Scole ... dipped into the video and one question always comes to mind when photographs of the dead are offered up: our face alters over time - so which version of any of our faces will exist on the Other Side? I guess we might be given the option of choosing.

I might add, I have consulted mediums in the past and had some interesting experiences

Scolastically yours
Paul
mruppert
Posted 8/13/2017 7:08 PM (#28395 - in reply to #28393)

Expert

Hi Paul,
It is very hard to explain in words or equations.....but time is not what we commonly believe it to be or what Einstein said it is. Our faces change as moments pass or intervals pass, but the face in, say, a photograph exists in another moment or interval of time. The moment that the photograph captured and holds so that any can see no matter the time is still someplace...it does not disappear into thin air or thin nothingness. You are as alive in that photograph now as the day it was taken. If you could somehow shake the bonds of the thought that time is a relentless passage and not a constant, you could be in that photograph now as you where then.
The communication from those who no longer are active participants in our time intervals or moments (if you prefer), have time. But their time is probably the more correct understanding of time for they are no longer under the illusion that time is somehow finite and fatal.

Hi to other readers (and, again Paul):
Paul mentioned that he has consulted mediums. I would be very interested in his experiences and the experience of any others in our family who have done that.
I make a habit of seeing clairvoyants/spiritualists/fortune tellers/gypsies and not one single person told me anything that anyone of us could not have also told me. HOWEVER, I have had a "religious experience" in the words of William James, so I KNOW that there is communication from somewhere other than this place, and perhaps this dimension.

P.S. The gypsies, whom you would think would be very good at this kind of stuff, usually were so far off that it was laughable.....even they had to laugh at how wrong they were.

Peace Over Troubled Waters, from the far reaches of the universe,
Marty
All of time exists
All of time exists at all times
All of time exists everywhere - Ruppert's Contraindication to Einstein's General Theory of Relativity....and may there be no confusion with Prince Ruperts Drops....a very pretty phenomena.

I will post Prince Rupert on Storkplastic Music thread if I can find Rupert.....he lost a p somewhere in history!

Yes, there really is a physical phenomena called Prince Rupert's Drops!!
mruppert
Posted 9/2/2017 4:43 PM (#28418 - in reply to #27193)

Expert

Oh my! Louise Hay, a late blooming pioneer................
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/01/obituaries/louise-hay-dead-widely...

Onto the Next Life!
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/3/2017 3:05 PM (#28419 - in reply to #28418)

PhD Alumni

Thanks for heads up on Louise, Marty - maybe she might keep in touch

As for my consultations with mediums, they were lovely folk, but my interpretations of what they said on each occasion were ambiguous and still unresolved

Love and best

PJ
mruppert
Posted 9/3/2017 6:45 PM (#28420 - in reply to #27193)

Expert

Hi Paul,
I, for one, hope she does keep in touch....and she probably will. But, will we ever have any convincing evidence of it? I'll give it a day or two before the Internet netcases (oops, a misspelling of what I meant to say) take over and claim all sorts of things. It wont be long before we have Hay House Radio FTOS. (From the Other Side).

Paul, look at the other question this way........many accept a Hebrew Mau Mau Indian Egyptian Chariot Driver speaking to us via a channeler about all sorts of things that the spirit guide could not even remotely know anything about, and we flock around these channelers like moths around a flame. But, let a medium say something, which is usually highly personal, and presto! There is tremendous doubt and anxiety. Life is full of ambiguity in message and meaning. There is no reason to think that next life, after life, rebirth, reincarnation or resurrection are not also fraught with ambiguity.
In the same vein, resolution only comes from within. If a dilemma is constantly debated and fought over there will be no peace. Resolution and peace come from the faith that you have in distilling and discerning the truth, which you may or may not like, but need to accept.

Best and Love,
Marty
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/4/2017 3:56 AM (#28421 - in reply to #28420)

PhD Alumni

Hi Marty

Your last paragraph pinpointed it exactly: and that was how it became for me after a couple of those medium readings many years ago, although it was not what I was looking for at the time. How very perspicacious of you - the Heart of Space sounds like a good place

Looking and imagining

Paul
mruppert
Posted 9/5/2017 6:18 PM (#28422 - in reply to #27193)

Expert

Hi again Paul and viewers of WOTW (Write On the Wall),
Are there no graffiti artists in our motley crew? I was hoping some manic metaphysicians would tag the wall besides me and Pauly.............story of my life.....my hopes are never fulfilled!

Back on point-Paul, no more insight and understanding then the next person but a concentrated series of events and experiences that confirms faith.

If I may, very short and sweet......there was a very well known Episcopalian bishop ( head of the entire church in the USA ) named James Pike, Right Reverend. His son committed suicide and Rev Pike could not fathom the act or imagine a reason.
He became interested in psychic phenomena, most particularly mediumship. (And, I bet the UMS'ers cringe at that, and prefer their medieval servant girl touched by an angel spirit guide that they can channel.) Anyway, he did, indeed, talk to his son across the veil that separates us from "The Other Side" (the name of the book he wrote).
Here is the truth....he did not get the explanations he wanted nor the comfort he sought. He did not get absolution or resolution. He did not get insight or enlightenment. What he got was far more precious......and that is the knowledge that his son lived on after his "death" on this plane. He got the knowledge that there is LIFE after the event we call (and dread for no reason) death.

Peace here, there, and everywhere,
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 9/11/2017 12:28 PM (#28425 - in reply to #27193)

PhD Alumni

Most people breeches more metaphysical exactly due to the loss of a loved one.... So it ripps the real religious people to shreds....... Mmmm..... Then, they enlighten.
doesn't matter how or when..... It's just what is....
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software