University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Write On The Wall
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Supernatural3
Posted 9/2/2016 9:16 AM (#27810 - in reply to #27193)
Subject: Re: Write On The Wall

PhD Alumni

The links did post. ... thank you. Looking at them now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 9/2/2016 9:29 AM (#27811 - in reply to #27193)

PhD Alumni

The second one is more along the lines of the video i watched. It has more of the footage and tests that they did to try to find a bottom. Never did. Who knows what happened to it, but i would imagine horrific things thrown in there.
mruppert
Posted 9/20/2016 6:01 PM (#27832 - in reply to #27193)

Expert

"Though I hoped for something to find,
I could see no maze to unwind"

Peace,
Marty

Oh, and thanks to Gary Brooker and Keith Reid for those words.....and for consistently saying Conquistador the British way....
mruppert
Posted 9/30/2016 7:42 PM (#27873 - in reply to #27193)

Expert

Hi Guys,
I am here because of a nice lady named Tracey Martin, whom I owe thanks for opening my eyes to a group of folks who tend to share some of my beliefs when it comes to esoteric and metaphysical matters.
I think everyone who remains here on the public board is far more metaphysically inclined than I am......my having completed one course in a great many years.....but I have every intention of getting the PhD, which I remitted
tuition for many years ago. I guess I am a slow learner.
A certain person indirectly identified a "core" group on this hallowed board....and we are Paul, DocJ, Diss, and yours truly.
I have always hoped that those who post for access to the student section would wade, shimmy, or jump right in to the public board discussions. That has not happened.
Since autumn is a time of reflection, let me ask if you all think we are somehow apart from others and destined to meet in venues such as this?
I dunno, I think that the majority of folks would scoff at some of the things "we" write......but I find much of what we say perfectly plausible and most likely true.

My basic question is where do we see ourselves and where do we go from here? I am starting another thread, which I hope will prompt new insights.

Peas and Tranquillity
Marty (no cats beloved or otherwise)
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/1/2016 6:12 AM (#27876 - in reply to #27873)

PhD Alumni

Ha ha - possibly yes, we sad - or happy - few ... we band of brothers and sisters ...

Fools of God maybe ... [however you conceive Her or Him to be]

As Marty says, always keen to welcome newcomers though ...
Supernatural3
Posted 10/1/2016 1:44 PM (#27879 - in reply to #27193)

PhD Alumni

Marty, the road from here is whatever you want it to be. I am not sure why the board has not become more known, but it's not exactly advertised either. Matter of fact, i didn't realize the board existed til after i had finished my phd here. I would have loved to discuss topics prior to test time, but i flew right threw them all and even wrote my dissertation and thesis like it was already written. .... it flew out easily. Not sure things would flow so easily now, but i had already a lot of knowledge from a different school (which i liked). I love the interaction between students here. It's because of the classes that we all can get along so well. Only metaphysical people will understand our unique view points. So many of us like minded people out there, but are unreached.

I do worry this board won't last, but it is still active thankfully! I do consider you all my meta family. It would be great to see more photos and really see who we are talking to, even though it wouldn't make a difference.
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/1/2016 3:03 PM (#27880 - in reply to #27879)

PhD Alumni

Evening Jill .. funny, I also did not come across the Board until I had completed the course/studies .. was so focused on them that the Board did not pass my radar ..

But is is nice and touching that we can meet all as kindred spirits here, though many thousands of miles apart ...

Happiness
Paul
Supernatural3
Posted 10/2/2016 11:07 PM (#27881 - in reply to #27193)

PhD Alumni

Yes, the beauty of the Internet. ... bringing people with a lot of space between them, together! Gotta love it!
mruppert
Posted 10/7/2016 11:42 PM (#27893 - in reply to #27193)

Expert

Oh Boys and Girls......came across this......
via Nexus Magazine, a dude is offering EMF protection!!!!!!!! This protection starts at $359 USD and you can get more and more protection up to $999 USD but I guess you can't get anymore protection than that even if you had beyond a cool thou' to spend.
I must confess that I read Nexus and listen to some casts and webbynars. I am thinking of a print subscription which is not that expensive. HOWEVER, I would caution anyone who would consider buying "EMF protection" to think it through carefully and to be well versed in what EMF is and does...most of all how it works. I am sure you would then decide that $359 to $999 is better spent on a trinket or a much needed root canal, but certainly not EMF protection.

Hoping you all Giga till it Hertz,
Marty
alpha+omega
Posted 10/10/2016 12:13 AM (#27894 - in reply to #27893)

Veteran

mruppert - 10/7/2016 9:42 PM Oh Boys and Girls......came across this...... via Nexus Magazine, a dude is offering EMF protection!!!!!!!! This protection starts at $359 USD and you can get more and more protection up to $999 USD but I guess you can't get anymore protection than that even if you had beyond a cool thou' to spend. I must confess that I read Nexus and listen to some casts and webbynars. I am thinking of a print subscription which is not that expensive. HOWEVER, I would caution anyone who would consider buying "EMF protection" to think it through carefully and to be well versed in what EMF is and does...most of all how it works. I am sure you would then decide that $359 to $999 is better spent on a trinket or a much needed root canal, but certainly not EMF protection. Hoping you all Giga till it Hertz, Marty

It is all kind of moot. I found the nematode entity can communicate by touching water through a scalar wave process also used for secret submarine communications. It explains why salmon return to the place of their birth to spawn; They are "pinged" from here to the ocean where they reside. There is a large shy Loch Ness monster type nematode here called an Ogopogo by the natives. It has an incredible mastery of the physics of our universe. This is handy for another thing I am working on with Fukushima. Metaphysical Engineering is truly a can of worms, and they populate every man woman and child on the planet. No EMF protection will work without a ground wire, by the way. Look up Faraday Cage. I would worry more about a Carrington Event from a solar flare.

Edited by alpha+omega 10/10/2016 12:19 AM
mruppert
Posted 10/31/2016 6:47 PM (#27936 - in reply to #27193)

Expert

Hmmmmm.......forgot to wish you all ghostly doings on this Halloween night......BOO to YOO......I wish Inky was still alive, she was my perfect prop for Halloween trick or treaters.....she loved to show those big fangs of hers.....and she hissed at costumes she didn't like. For the past two years not a single trickster or treatster...so this evening no candy....wouldn't you know the door took some knocks twice.....had to hide under the bed!
Supernatural3
Posted 11/10/2016 12:15 AM (#27964 - in reply to #27193)

PhD Alumni

A family man was shot in the face in my very own little big town on Oct. 31st. Only two miles away from me. He lived thankfully! The shooter got away but a 2k reward is now offered on help locating the man. Ugh! Or world is going mad! Nobody knows or understands why. ... it was just a random action.
mruppert
Posted 2/12/2017 6:47 PM (#28167 - in reply to #27193)

Expert

Hi all,
I am having a big problem.....contrary to many comparative religion writings which embrace Islam, having re-gazed at the Koran, I see a totally different Islam. And, I am slowly coming to believe that it is not in the best interest of other religions to engage Islam.
As far as my religion goes, we are far above and away removed from this....but Christians seem to be very involved in it and, it seems to me, rightly so. Moreover, this causes major conflicts in all avenues of existence.
I am wondering how our community feels..................

God is God, Oahu Allah Akbar,
Marty
Paul Joseph
Posted 2/13/2017 6:02 AM (#28168 - in reply to #28167)

PhD Alumni

So sorry I missed the earlier postings on this tread ... as for Marty's latest, I wonder which parts of the Koran you have in mind?

Problematically there seem to be good and bad bits in all the core religious texts (except perhaps the Tao Te Ching) - which is one reason why I was never fully wholly able to commit to one, but have found something of a spiritual home here with UMS ... also why I 'like' "our" blending spirit with psychotherapy and healing...

Frithjof Schuon had this idea of esoteric (where all spiritual teaching comes together) and exoteric (the visible literal bits of scriptures that often seem to disagree and cause problems), which I find very helpful.

Doesn't both Christianity and Islam have their 'evangelical' side, which promotes the uniqueness of each of their Ways, and it is this that has caused so called 'holy war'?
(whereas any 'holy war' takes place within each individual in their/our confrontation with the Unconscious ..)

One of my favourite quotes in this respect is, "Abandon all varieties of religion and surrender unto Me" - although without checking I cannot remember offhand which source that comes from, I think possibly Vedic

Love All (well mostly)

Paul

ps, my wrist getting much better, thanks for the remote Reiki Disa and Jill!

From later: I was nearly right - but how could I have forgotten!? - the quote above is from the Bhagavad Gita

Edited by Paul Joseph 2/13/2017 2:30 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 2/15/2017 11:32 AM (#28169 - in reply to #27193)

PhD Alumni

Having posted the above I saw some Moslem clerics on some parts of the world were trying to ban St Valentine' s Day .. ho hum ...

Edited by Paul Joseph 2/15/2017 11:32 AM
mruppert
Posted 2/17/2017 7:22 PM (#28176 - in reply to #27193)

Expert

Hi Paul,
Sorry to take so long to reply.
Agreed....the Bible is just as full of bad stuff as is the Koran, and the scale only tips if you consider that a major portion of the Koran is supposedly authored by a warlord of very ill repute.
But, even the Westboro Baptist Church and the nut-cases that follow them do not kill fags even though they condemn them to hellfire and brimstone and other hot stuff based on their interpretation of the Bible.
In the Muslim schools, the male kids are taught the Koran and not much else. My dilemma of mind and soul starts at this point. The Koran is quite and undeniably specific as to what should be done to gay people.
The kids, dutifully doing as taught, drag the fags up to the top of high edifices and toss them off. This is OKAY! The Koran says so!
I have got a big problem with that.
Is it any wonder to anyone why there is such a backlash towards Islam? Police burn in hell, UK go to hell in Luton...or was it Brixton...lemme find the girl in the red dress....here we go......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SK7To4gSr0
What really got me was the girl knew something of the Koran and the Muslim dude lied..........

Peace Is Possible,
Marty
mruppert
Posted 3/12/2017 5:51 PM (#28194 - in reply to #27193)

Expert

Hello Fellow Metabicycled Minded Folks........
This week, I have been upended and turned topsy turvey in sympathy with Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve, who spun in the grave at the thing that was done to the beloved "Beauty and the Beast." In my humble opinion, the story does not need to be rewritten to enfranchise a segment of our fellow humans who are of a non traditional sexual orientation.
If Disney really wants to make a statement, then why don't they condemn the Mohammedans who throw gays off the top of roofs.
But, NO, they would never do that for fear that telling a truth is now considered to be a phobic reaction to a particular religion, as good or as bad as it might be.

A Salaam Aleicum,
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 3/16/2017 12:25 AM (#28196 - in reply to #27193)

PhD Alumni

Welcome to the snowflake era!
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/17/2017 5:00 AM (#28199 - in reply to #28194)

PhD Alumni

The fastest growing religion I note also Marty ... Illusion certainly has a future
Supernatural3
Posted 3/18/2017 6:41 PM (#28203 - in reply to #27193)

PhD Alumni

Not if we have anything to do with it. .. remember, we are creators too!
mruppert
Posted 3/18/2017 10:41 PM (#28206 - in reply to #27193)

Expert

Greetings to you all,
I think the prez of Turkey stated the agenda of the Mohammedans quite succinctly and I notice the Western press has barely mentioned it. I wondered why for a few seconds and then I stopped. As readers of this board may or may not know, I am a Gnostic Catholic who practices the Roman Rite whenever I feel like it and could care less how the Pope feels about that, much less the Patriarch. I read the Bible when I have to and recognize it is a literary work that has its ups and downs. I also read the Koran and know that it is also a literary work with a significant portion devoted to a prophet whom we call Mohammed and not to the word of Allah.
When I find something threatening to me as a spiritual being simply because I am not an adherent and practitioner of a belief, then I have a difficult time showing any sympathy towards any, even those who expose more moderate expressions of their religion of dominance.
To me, it is an age old dilemma, you are marching peacefully along, and then people start shooting at you.....except they have got women and children in front of them. If you don't shoot back you die, if you do shoot back the people shooting at you die, but the women and children also die. When do we defend ourselves even though it might be unpleasant and ugly to do so?

Peace IS the Way,
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 3/19/2017 1:25 PM (#28209 - in reply to #27193)

PhD Alumni

I agree. ... war period is ugly and only about ego and greed. I will defend myself and my family, or die in the process, but if i can help it, we will all have peace, even if we have to move into a new dimention to do it. Religion is a personal and private preference, same as sex. Non of nobody else's business!

Love to all
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/23/2017 6:10 AM (#28225 - in reply to #27193)

PhD Alumni

I just posted an 'Everyday Miracles' thread that also relates to some comments above ...
Love to all, especially the haters [ie, who need it most ..]....
Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 3/23/2017 6:11 AM
mruppert
Posted 3/25/2017 7:09 PM (#28231 - in reply to #27193)

Expert

Hi Wall Writers:
"One plus one equals two. That's all we've learned, but one plus one has never equaled two."- words uttered by Scarlett Johansson in the role of Lucy in the flick called Lucy. If ya got nothing to do, it is a very interesting movie...the science is a bit lacking, but the themes are dyn-O-mite!
And, I agree with the quote.......as we now see to be true in our age of facts and alternative facts and alternatives to the alternative facts........................

Pax,
Marty
Disa
Posted 3/25/2017 8:00 PM (#28232 - in reply to #27193)

Alumni

Lucy was a great movie. I agree with you regarding the themes. No one I know bothered to watch it.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software