University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Easter And Other Festivals
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 4/21/2016 5:58 PM (#27306 - in reply to #27302)
Subject: Re: Reflections On Easter

Expert

Dear Ophiiee our Mortarator,

It is very difficult for someone to offend someone like me. Having said that, I did not read anything in the post that was any more or less than the usual posts that we have all grown to do whatever it is we do when we read posts. 

As I have written before, I  would like folks to be aware that no ones post represents an official position of UMS; and,  just because some posts have a high and mighty tone purported to be from the highest authority, there always is another way of looking at things.

For instance, I have my own views about the nature and meaning of human suffering and feel that we should do everything we can to alleviate as much suffering anywhere and everywhere that we can. Contrary, one of our fellow posters of the "gang of three" sees suffering as a teaching tool, a lesson sent by a "god" to be learned for some future purpose that has always escaped my understanding even though that purpose has been posted several or more times.

I know I cannot change the mind of a "true believer" nor do I seek or want to. Also, I don't seek to win converts to my point of view, which is oftentimes unpopular and (yes) sometimes even wrong. My hope is that the dearest darling reader will think it over and decide for his/her/them selves, in an open and free environment with the unfettered exchange of ideas. 

But, this keeps us going...and perhaps will tweak the interest of a would be student, wishing to get into the fray!

With Great Love and Respect for All, 

Marty and still 0 cats......oh my!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Aquarius
Posted 4/22/2016 7:21 AM (#27308 - in reply to #27302)

UMS Guest

Dear Ophiocus,

As pointed out earlier, all my writings are intuitive and original ones that are not based on any of the traditional sources. They are coming to you directly from the Source of our being. All earlier teachings were valid at the time they were given because that was all we, the human race, could understand in those days. Now ever more of us are ready for the truth that flows directly from the Source into all who are capable of receiving it. That is what my work since its earliest beginnings has consisted of. It embraces and honours the teachings of every one of the many belief systems that our world has seen throughout the ages. The aim of my writings has never been to wipe out any existing spiritual knowledge. The intention behind them is the furthering of humankind’s evolutionary progress by updating and refreshing the old wisdom with new insights into ancient themes, thus assisting the expansion of our individual and collective consciousness.

I have not studied what any of the traditional sources have to say on spiritual issues, not in this lifetime anyway. Looking back from where I am now, that has been an essential part of my preparation for the work I have come to do. It ensured that I was unprejudiced against any of the religious/spiritual traditions of our world and approached the wide field of spiritual knowledge with an open mind. When I first started holding my insights down in writing, it felt like some kind of floodgates were opening inside me. The inflow of ideas to be developed and worked with was so great that I would not have had the time to study any of the usual spiritual subjects. Much later I found out that this is no longer necessary when one becomes a channel for the wisdom of the Highest. If anything, too much book knowledge and head activity can close down the heart-centre, which gets in the way of becoming an ever clearer means of communication.

The teachings of every one of the old belief systems came into being just the same as my contributions to the pool of spiritual knowledge have been doing for around twenty years. The only difference between the scribes of the days of yore and the modern one are their writing instruments. Their fascinating history ranges from:

Around 4000 BC, as the patriarchy had already been going for approximately 2000 years and was getting a firmer grip on our world, people scratched the surface of moist clay tablets with a bronze or bone tool.

Around 3000 BC the Egyptians developed a form of writing with pictures. For writing on papyrus scrolls scribes used thin reed brushes or reed pens.

1300 BC the Romans developed a form of writing by scribing into thin sheets of wax on wooden tablets. A metal stylus was used and when the writing was no longer needed, it was rubbed out with the flat end of the stylus. In Asia scribes used a bronze stylus.

The Dark Ages. As well as writing on parchment, the Anglo-Saxons used tablets filled with wax for notes and planning the layout of large books. They wrote on the tablets with a metal or bone stylus, that had a pointed end. Words were rubbed out with its flat end. 
600-1800 AD. Europeans found that writing on parchment with a quill pen altered the style of their writing. At first they used capital letters all the time, but later a faster styles with small letters was developed. Quill Pens first appeared in Seville, Spain, were the writing instrument from 600 to 1800 AD.

1790s. Pencil lead was invented at the same time in France and Australia.

1800-1850. A metal pen point was patented in 1803, but the patent was not commercially exploited. Steel nibs came into common use in the 1830s. By the 19th century metal nibs had replaced quill pens. By 1850 the use of quill pens was fading because steel nibs had been invented and were improved still by tipping them with hard alloys of Iridium, Rhodium and Osmium.

1884. The insurance broker Lewis Edson Waterman invented the first proper fountain pen.

1888-1916. The principle of the ball point pen dates back to the late 19th century when patents were taken out by John Loud in 1888 for a product to mark leather and in 1916 by Van Vechten Riesberg. Neither of these patents were exploited commercially.

1940s. The modern version of the ball point pen was invented by Josef Lazlo and Georg Biro. In the summer of 1943 the first commercial models were made. The rights to Lazlo's patent were bought by the British Government. The ball point pen proved to be more rugged than the fountain pen and because of this sales rocketed during World War II,  when the military needed robust writing implements to survive the battlefield environment.

October 1945. The ball point pen was introduced to the U.S. market. The pen was sold as the first pen to write underwater.  About 10,000 of them were sold at its launch in New York October 1945.

1953. The first inexpensive ball point pens became available when the French Baron Bich, the BIC Company, developed the industrial process for manufacturing ball point pens, which lowered the unit cost dramatically.

1960s. The fire or felt-tipped pen was invented by the Tokyo Stationery Company, Japan. Papermate’s Flair was among the first felt-tip pens to hit the U.S. market in the 1960s, and it has been the leader ever since. Following their initial success with felt-tips, manufacturers branched out with a variety of fibre-tipped instruments, including highlighters.

1980s-1990s. Roller Ball Pens. Roller ball pens have been made since the early 1980s. Unlike the thick ink used in a conventional ball point, roller ball pens employ a mobile ball and liquid ink which produces a smoother line. Technological advances during the late 1980s and early 1990s have greatly improved the roller ball’s overall performance since then.

1990s. Rubberised writing instruments to improve their grip were commonly used by companies.

From 1997 to date. Ring pens are mass produced. They are designed for writing without having to grip the pen with three fingers.

In the year 2016 modern scribes are blessed with having access to computers, word processors and the worldwide web for distributing the messages they are bringing.

Source: ‘The Ringpen Company History’

As far as White Eagle is concerned, I do not know what other people make of this concept. To me and in connection with my writings they are a group of guides in the spirit world, our true home. The name for me represents a symbol for the Great White Spirit, on whose mighty wings it is possible to lift our whole world into the higher and eventually highest realms and levels of understanding. From the beginning White Eagle messages entered my field of vision AFTER and not before I had written about something, as a confirmation that I should go ahead and share it with others.

With love - Aquarius

Edited by Aquarius 4/22/2016 2:56 PM
Aquarius
Posted 4/22/2016 8:39 AM (#27310 - in reply to #27308)

UMS Guest

The Wesak Festival

The ancient ritual of the Wesak Festival came to our world through the Masters of the Himalayan Mountains. Alice Bailey, the astrologer, writer and Christian mystic wove Eastern traditions into her work and helped to popularise this festival in the Western world. As you and I are now considering life from the spiritual viewpoint too, this festival provides us with an opportunity for finding a better understanding of this special time of the year on the Universal level.

The Wesak Festival is not just one day but covers the three month period between the Aries Full Moon – which coincides with Passover each year – and the Gemini Full Moon. Its date and time for this year is mentioned in the first paragraph of the previous chapter. The full Moon in Taurus is the highest point of the whole festival. Many other sages of our world have taught – and to this day still do – that the prophets and Ascended Ones are closest to the planet at this time and that the Great Plan for humanity for the following year is sent forth. At this very special time of the year God and the Angels are offering each one of us opportunities for projecting our personal group and planetary soul petitions for healing and change into the Universe.

It is not really a coincidence that the Jewish Passover, the Christian holiday of Easter, the Wesak Festival and the Spring Equinox all basically have the same themes: death of the old, followed by the renewal and rebirth of life’s forces – within the God’s great plan of life and with help from the highest realms. Even in the Aztec Temples of Mexico, the architecture of Chitzenitza was designed around the day of the Spring Equinox. At sunrise only on that day, the shadow of the serpent – their symbol of the life force, Chi, Kundalini, Shefa of other traditions – can be seen moving up the temple walls, and the renewed life force pouring into the Earth can be felt. The symbolic meanings of the resurrection of Easter, the freedom from persecution of Passover, the rites of the renewal of life in spring, all carry with them the energy of a new start after the darkness of winter.

The sages advise us to use this time as an opportunity for all manner of spring cleaning actions – inner and also directed into the world around us. Here are a few suggestions:
  • Write a petition or prayer to the Highest and put it in a place where it can be left untouched until the same time next year.
  •  Use one of the dates given to begin a new health practice that appeals to you, maybe a daily workout, yoga or the martial arts. 
  • Gather around you a group of friends for meditation, maybe praying for the healing of our whole world.
  •  Feed the homeless and/or visit a community of elderly people.  
  • Wesak is a good time for renewing old friendships, healing family wounds and  making amends with those who have become alienated. Even if the falling out  was not your fault, bear in mind that far too many people hand back their physical body without having been reconciled with loved ones.
  •  Make time to find out more about a tradition or spiritual practice you have wanted to study for a long time, but never got round to. Choose one and stay with it for a while.  
  • As the energies for new beginnings of all kinds are with us very strongly now, let’s make good use of it, if only by going somewhere we always wanted to see.
May the blessings of this season of renewal
be upon all of us and our whole world.

Edited by Aquarius 4/22/2016 11:54 AM
Aquarius
Posted 4/23/2016 7:56 AM (#27320 - in reply to #27310)

UMS Guest

White Eagle On The Wesak Moon And Festival

There now follows the essence of several White Eagle teachings. The first one is from ‘The Vibration of Light’ Stella Polaris June/July 2006: ‘There is nothing new under the Sun and nothing in life that has not happened before. Truth was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be. But with the process of evolution, there come round to the Earth plane certain cycles of light. We now refer to ‘light’ in the higher esoteric meaning of wisdom, i.e. spiritual understanding. At certain periods in humankind’s development there comes a fresh release of light, i.e. spiritual illumination. It is discharged onto the Earth plane as from great broadcasting stations on the higher planes of life. They are sending forth light in the form of knowledge and wisdom that quickens people’s intelligence and provides them with a comprehension of wisdom that for wise reasons up to the time of its appearance had to remain hidden from public view. This applies as much to the secrets of your environment as your own inner being.’

White Eagle ‘The Festival of Wesak’ Stella Polaris April/May 2006: ‘Can you perceive that all evil and suffering of your world may have been caused by what merely on the surface of things appears to be people’s selfishness when in truth it has been their souls crying out? Could it have been an outer manifestation of humankind’s secret inner yearning for the speeding up of its homecoming into the awareness of its true nature? The reason for this is that deep within all souls the next stage of humankind’s development is the merging of all into one single unit of siblinghood that is in friendship connected with all life. And so, what once started as a journey of spiritual infants on the descending arc of exploring the lowest and darkest corners of life in physicality, eventually ends with you kneeling before the throne of the Highest. You have evolved into a mature and responsible adult of whom the wise ones in charge of humankind can be proud. Maybe they will allow you to join their ranks if we apply for an apprenticeship.

‘Doubtless that is very difficult for you to imagine, but try to look the right way at everything that has always been happening in your world and still is. Whenever a soul is incarnated on the Earth plane, it finds itself nailed to the cross of earthly life, the oldest symbol known to humankind of its existence in physicality. Your whole race, as one entity is also fastened to this cross and you have been granted the gift of another lifetime to help your siblings to view everything that takes place as an essential part of your individual and collective evolutionary process, in the material as well as the spiritual sense. Do not fight against anything, but endeavour to go with the flow. When you learn to live in harmony with God’s laws and all life, there will be no more suffering.

‘The crucifixion story demonstrates this quite clearly. The esoteric gospels tell that Jesus was not present when his physical body was crucified. His spirit and soul had already withdrawn from the scene and he was observing it from the perspective of the highest levels of life. All of you eventually have to learn to treat your own problems and troubles, as well as those of your whole world, the same way. Do not allow yourselves to be crucified and tortured by anything. Viewing your life and everything in it from the angle of your Highest Self helps you to rise above the tests and trials of earthly life that are still in store for you, because of the Karma you once created, by looking for the learning that can be drawn from every situation. Recognise things for what they truly are, namely personal and collective evolutionary lessons and development phases that will pass. This stance helps you to surmount any problem you encounter, for you are then viewing it dispassionately through the eyes of your Highest Self, with whom you are ever more growing into one.

‘Humankind as a whole goes through the initiations depicted by the Jesus legend, just the same as every individual soul does. Each ones moves forwards and upwards at its own pace, slowly and by degrees, and at certain points on its journey it reaches another initiation. This expands the soul’s consciousness and advances it one more big step towards its spiritual emancipation of becoming increasingly God-like and consciously at one again with its Creator. This also happens to your planet and your world as a whole.’

White Eagle in ‘The Pathway of the Sun’: ‘The Wesak Festival is a period of stillness and preparation of mind and heart for the next great spiritual outpouring, the Christ festival, which takes place at the full Moon when the Sun transits Gemini. In a ceremony that is as old as the Earth, a festival is held in the highest spirit realms when the Lord/Lady Christ appears among Its disciples. Disciples are all those whose hearts and minds are open to receive the Christ Spirit and who have previously surrendered their whole being to It. When Its light fills every cell and atom of your whole being, mind and body, spirit and soul, they are healing and you are in the process of becoming a Christed one in your own right. When you tune the receiver/transmitter station of your earthly mind into the Christ vibrations, you are acting as Its channel and a special blessing can flow through you into all life, bringing an extra powerful outpouring of love and light, wisdom and truth onto the Earth plane that provides everybody there with fresh spiritual food.

‘Every year there are times when it is easier for those in earthly life to respond to and absorb the vibrations of the higher and highest levels of life. By doing this your own vibrations are raised. One of these periods is the Wesak festival and we on our side of life also feel the outpouring of the peace and wisdom of the Buddha power. The Buddha legend tells you that he came to the Earth plane from another world, a heavenly planet – a metaphor for the highest levels of life –, to bring the spiritual gifts of peace and wisdom to relieve the suffering of those in earthly life. The Buddha consciousness quickens humankind’s desire for wisdom and peace, siblinghood and love towards all creatures and all Mother Earth’s kingdoms.’

From ‘Stargazer’s Astro Files – Special Events’

Aquarius
Posted 4/23/2016 1:40 PM (#27327 - in reply to #27320)

UMS Guest

Dear Paul,

As far as White Eagle is concerned, I do not know what other people make of this concept. To me and in connection with my writings, they are a group of guides in the spirit world, our true home. The name for me represents a symbol for the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life and their only born son, the Christ Spirit. On the mighty wings of the wisdom and truth that for some time has been flowing directly from the heart of the Universe into ours, the Christ Spirit is lifting us above the myths, legends and superstitions of earthly life. By showing us the spiritual wisdom and truth that lies behind them and the fate that ultimately awaits us, the Christ Spirit empowers us to lift ourselves and our whole world into humankind’s true home, the higher and eventually highest realms and levels of understanding. From the beginning White Eagle messages entered my field of vision AFTER and not before I had written about something, as a confirmation that I should go ahead and share it with others. 

With love - Aquarius

mruppert
Posted 4/23/2016 2:56 PM (#27330 - in reply to #27138)
Subject: Re: Easter And Other Festivals

Expert

By Golly! We seem to be online at the same time.....WOW!

My dearest friend:
Your post 27308: As far as White Eagle is concerned, I do not know what other people make of this concept. To me and in connection with my writings they are a group of guides in the spirit world, our true home. The name for me represents a symbol for the Great White Spirit, on whose mighty wings it is possible to lift our whole world into the higher and eventually highest realms and levels of understanding. From the beginning White Eagle messages entered my field of vision AFTER and not before I had written about something, as a confirmation that I should go ahead and share it with others.

Your post 27327: As far as White Eagle is concerned, I do not know what other people make of this concept. To me and in connection with my writings, they are a group of guides in the spirit world, our true home. The name for me represents a symbol for the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life and their only born son, the Christ Spirit. On the mighty wings of the wisdom and truth that for some time has been flowing directly from the heart of the Universe into ours, the Christ Spirit is lifting us above the myths, legends and superstitions of earthly life. By showing us the spiritual wisdom and truth that lies behind them and the fate that ultimately awaits us, the Christ Spirit empowers us to lift ourselves and our whole world into humankind’s true home, the higher and eventually highest realms and levels of understanding. From the beginning White Eagle messages entered my field of vision AFTER and not before I had written about something, as a confirmation that I should go ahead and share it with others.

Now tell me, Aq, do you think that repeating this stuff time after time will change anyone's mind. I've known you a while now, and we share many things, but this is one thing I honestly don't understand!?!

Your pal,
Marty
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/23/2016 3:08 PM (#27331 - in reply to #27327)

PhD Alumni

Dear Aquarius

Thank you for your direct and clear response ...

Just to remark how nice it is to have some live discussion going on the the Board here and now ... you, Marty, me ... earlier on, Jill and Disa ...

For me there are facts of history that are evident in the here and now to which are done a disservice if we seek to dispell them as 'legends' ... yet, on a separate note, your point(s) about some things that lie 'behind', and a fate that 'ultimately awaits' can in my humble estimation actually dis-empower the present moment ... wherein everything, everything IS

(subsequent note of clarification, in case of any doubt, by everything, I mean the future and eternity too)

(hence the problem with any proposed split between spirit/matter)

My concern was not about the sharing with others, it is more the emphatic nature of the sharing

Otherwise as Marty says, prayers for Ecuador, and all others suffering, whether Syria, parts of Africa, elsewhere and always ...

We wish President Obama and his family further successful travels as they depart these shores,

And a blessed St George's Day to one and all ...

Love
Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 4/23/2016 3:22 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/23/2016 3:10 PM (#27332 - in reply to #27330)

PhD Alumni

This is getting to be just like the good old days ...
Aquarius
Posted 4/24/2016 7:18 AM (#27339 - in reply to #27330)

UMS Guest

mruppert - 4/23/2016 8:56 PM . . . do you think that repeating this stuff time after time will change anyone's mind. I've known you a while now, and we share many things, but this is one thing I honestly don't understand!?! Your pal, Marty

Dear Marty,

It was repeated only because Paul raised the same point again. The second time I went a bit further with clarifying the matter, which I hope to have done. It was not done to change anyone's mind, just to make it quite clear where I stand.

With love - Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 4/24/2016 10:06 AM (#27346 - in reply to #27330)

UMS Guest

Dear All,

It perplexes me that there is so much resistance against the White Eagle teachings among some of the students of a University of Metaphysical Studies, when White Eagle clearly is a group of spirit guides from the metaphysical realms of life. From time to time I include suitable extracts in my own writings. This I do when they can give us another slant and perspective, possibly a bit of additional information about the theme under discussion. I follow my inner guidance in all things and share with my readers whatever it tells me will benefit them, otherwise White Eagle quotes or any others would not be there.

I am sharing them here with you for the same reasons, but if that’s against your will and wishes, they shall be my command. Please let me know and I will  remove all extracts from White Eagle teachings, as far as I can trace them back, and not add any more of them in future.  

With love – Aquarius

P.S. The meaning of metaphysical, I have just looked it up, was explained to me as follows:

1) Concerned with abstract thought or subjects, as existence, causality, or truth. With first principles and ultimate grounds, as being, time, or substance.

2) highly abstract, subtle, or abstruse.

3) Designating or pertaining to the poetry of an early group of 17th-century English poets, notably John Donne, whose characteristic style is highly intellectual and philosophical and features intensive use of ingenious conceits and turns of wit.

4) Archaic. imaginary or fanciful.

Edited by Aquarius 4/24/2016 10:16 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/24/2016 12:27 PM (#27348 - in reply to #27320)

PhD Alumni

Because I am open minded and encourage everyone of us to challenge and consider our own positions

It is my Aquarius/Leo/Libra thing ...

Edited by Paul Joseph 4/24/2016 12:27 PM
mruppert
Posted 4/24/2016 1:13 PM (#27351 - in reply to #27348)

Expert

Good Sunday Afternoon Happy Campers:
The English of the 16th century would have said "tip for tap." Today, we say tit for tat. Unfortunately there is a lot of tit-for-tat going on in many threads.....and I've gotten involved in it. My motivation was, I thought, a noble one, but that does not matter.

My best advice is that any poster should reflect on what he/she/they post, not necessarily on the actual content of the post, but on the effect the post may have if interpreted in ways that the actual words do not suggest. Also, if a particular post contains a "hot spot" that seems to unnerve people, then that post should not be repeated, unless the purpose is contextually understood to not be offensive or intimidating.

What we have most of the time is lecture, confrontation and refutation followed by another lecture. This is not discussion. Explaining this any further is useless, and so.......

Remembering both Will "the Shake" Speare and Miguel de Cervesas (ooops....I meant Cervantes.....I may have had demasiado cervesa),
Burps and Besas,
Marty

"“Sancho, just as you want people to believe what you have seen in the sky, I want you to believe what I saw in the Cave of Montesinos. And that is all I have to say.” - Don Quixote by the Cervesa guy or maybe the Cervantes guy.

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/24/2016 1:38 PM (#27352 - in reply to #27351)

PhD Alumni

Mucho agreed friend Marty

Remember how long time ago I used to sign off as

Don Quixote de la (Axel) Munche etc ... that was when Lori was around...

there was recently a Radio BBC 4 play hypothesizing a meeting twixt Will shaxpeare [sic] and Miguel de Cervantes ... you might be able to find it over there .. only on on Friday last ..

My aplogogies to anyone offended by me for any part in this ... I am merely the chef at this exact time ....

Me too

PJ
Aquarius
Posted 4/24/2016 2:24 PM (#27353 - in reply to #27351)

UMS Guest

mruppert - 4/24/2016 7:13 PM . . . I may have had demasiado cervesa), Burps and Besas, Marty ". . .

Cheers y besos, mate.

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/24/2016 3:19 PM (#27357 - in reply to #27353)

PhD Alumni

"Sack, Hal, bring me more sack" [Henry IV prt 1, Falstaff, my misquote]

Sack being the strong wine drunken in Elizabethan times ... from Spain unless I am mistaken, which is possible, as indeed I also need more of it just now ...

Edited by Paul Joseph 4/24/2016 3:20 PM
mruppert
Posted 4/29/2016 9:24 PM (#27457 - in reply to #27138)

Expert

<p>Sooooooo........Easter is coming this Sunday, May 1st..........if you are OC (Orthodox Catholic) as opposed to RC (Roman Catholic) (and certainly no one would mistake that for something like Rosicrucian-woohoo AMORC.) Just as has happened before, things have been erased, but the sentiments remain UNLESS ALL are willing to let it go. If you have never been, then try to go to an OC Easter mass and celebration....don't go if smoke and incense bothers you. After, such beautifully decorated eggs......and the cakes.....yummers!!!!!!!!!! It ain't about religion, it's about the joy of spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peaze, Marty </p><p> Special to Aqua: from your post:<br /></p><p> <font size="3" face="times new roman,times">"3) Designating or pertaining to the poetry of an early group of 17th-century English poets, notably John Donne, whose characteristic style is highly intellectual and philosophical and features intensive use of ingenious conceits and turns of wit."</font></p><p> Yes, indeed, Aqua....you defined my metaphysics quite well, which has nothing to do with UMS.....too bad I am just the village idiot! <br /></p>

Edited by mruppert 4/29/2016 9:55 PM
Disa
Posted 4/30/2016 5:24 PM (#27473 - in reply to #27457)

Alumni

mruppert - 4/29/2016 9:24 PM

Sooooooo........Easter is coming this Sunday, May 1st..........if you are OC (Orthodox Catholic) as opposed to RC (Roman Catholic) (and certainly no one would mistake that for something like Rosicrucian-woohoo AMORC.) Just as has happened before, things have been erased, but the sentiments remain UNLESS ALL are willing to let it go. If you have never been, then try to go to an OC Easter mass and celebration....don't go if smoke and incense bothers you. After, such beautifully decorated eggs......and the cakes.....yummers!!!!!!!!!! It ain't about religion, it's about the joy of spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peaze, Marty

And so it is, Happy Easter to you, Marty and those who celebrate it.

May 1 is also the Celtic festival of Beltane. We used to have "May Day" celebrations in school...A pagan celebration in a a public school. Who knew? It was so beautiful to watch the children dancing in and out of the May pole in their fancy clothes as we awaited the announcement of the years May Day King and Queen.

Blessed Beltane to those who celebrate it. xoxox

Supernatural3
Posted 5/1/2016 1:28 AM (#27476 - in reply to #27138)

PhD Alumni

I do actually remember that. ... the dancing around the pole and May day celebration.

Happy OC Easter and May Day!

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/15/2017 5:02 AM (#28258 - in reply to #27138)

PhD Alumni

Rather than start a new thread I thought it would be nicely sentimental to be reminded and follow in the steps of tradition .....

Easter Greetings to everyone and all here

Hoping - praying - that the season can pass without the start of global nuclear annihilation .... but that if it doesn't, then resurrection is possible ...

Not sure if you can view the UK newspaper site, The Guardian, outside the UK, but if so, an interesting article, the second most viewed on-line today on it (the first being about North Korea):

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/14/what-is-the-historical...

The above has been hotly debated on these Boards many times ...

Take Care and Love All
Paul
mruppert
Posted 4/15/2017 5:16 PM (#28260 - in reply to #27138)

Expert

Hello Paul et aul:
And a Happy Easter to you all!
I hope that those who like hollow bunny ears get some and those that like solid bunny ears also get some.

Hopping down the Bunny trail,
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 4/26/2017 11:22 PM (#28275 - in reply to #27138)

PhD Alumni

I don't celebrate anymore really. ... no little ones to hide baskets.... don't miss it! But to those who love Easter, i hope it was very blessed!
Aquarius
Posted 4/1/2018 6:47 AM (#28646 - in reply to #28275)
Subject: Happy Easter

UMS Guest

Oh Joyous Easter Time

Oh joyous Easter time!
With wide open hearts and on bent knees
We join the celebration of the Highest realms.
Thanks and praise to You all for waking
The Divine spark,
The seed of the Universal Christ spirit,
From its slumber in
Ever more human hearts and souls.

Great White Spirit,
Father/Mother of all life,
All glory and honour be to Thee
For in this way sending the warmth and light
Of Your only born Son/Daughter,
The Universal Christ onto the Earth.
We welcome Its living loving spirit as the
True Saviour and redeemer of us and our world.

Blessings and best wishes
I am sending with this greeting
To the worldwide circle
Of my friends and spiritual family.
Healing and peace be with you and yours,
Forever.

And now please take a look at your
‘Easter Card’

With love and light,
Aquarius

mruppert
Posted 4/1/2018 7:07 AM (#28647 - in reply to #28646)
Subject: RE: Happy Easter

Expert

What a surprise!

The Easter Bunny gave us Aqua in an Easter basket

Happy Easter to you and all at UMS.

Christos a inviat

Adeverat a inviat

Peace, 

Marty

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/1/2018 10:42 AM (#28648 - in reply to #27138)

PhD Alumni

Blessed Easter All

Though more than a tad depressing given the direction of world events ... and in the UK, the level of anti-Semitism the appears to be being identified as arising from some senior members of the Labour Party, and not being addressed by the leadership is seriously worrying

Best
Paul
Supernatural3
Posted 4/7/2018 1:42 PM (#28651 - in reply to #27138)

PhD Alumni

Oh boy.... I'm sorry you are going through such rough times over your way PJ.... please remember, focus on the higher vibrations of love and let out that frustration... don't keep it bound up inside. Pound on some pillows.... go outside and just scream like Tarzan (then giggle cause that would be hilarious). Don't let these world dominating fools place a false illusion over your eyes of who you really are!

Happy Spring to everyone from a snow covered Ohio!
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software