University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Childhood metaphysical experiences
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

cause
Posted 11/26/2015 6:05 PM (#26749)
Subject: Childhood metaphysical experiences

UMS Student

Hello all,

I thought this would be a good place to describe our metaphysical experiences that occurred when we were children (If we are brave enough). People have told me that I am what some call an indigo Child. I have known metaphysics for a long time, until a teacher at a Catholic school believed it might be used to serve Satan. Something that I might have seen myself, but added "It might be used to serve God." I had 'imaginary' friends, contacted my fathers prayers, finished a lot of peoples sentences, and generally worried Nuns and clergy in more than one way. I had altercations due to this that lead to blows. But, I loved I The Church, and never wanted to leave it.

One day, at camp I once had a very vivid experience. I saw what appeared to be a little blue naked possibly sexless biped with directed eyes. I am to this day not sure what this creature was. Impossible puppet, homunculus, or emanated gnome. I cannot say. It was with a six year olds wonder and apprehension that I viewed this creature. I have felt there was a presence behind this presence. I have always thought that nature described the creature best. Hence, the classification gnome that I gave it. It has come into my thoughts throughout my life since I had the experience. Still and half crouched, I watched the creature walk through the woods, as real looking as the computer monitor now. When camp was over I brought my parents. Who where confused, by my complete assurance that a little blue man was around there somewhere. I have had many other manifestations, many. I never discounted these experiences. But, in my latter schooling I left it for a time.

The ladies that ran my school were convinced that the visions that I had were of the devil. I could have explained if I had been older, "This is neither good nor bad, but you might describe it as both good and bad. It is truly a blessing and a curse!" I lost contact with this life in a blur of candlelight, violence, and the presence of good intended priests and teachers. I learned art, won a couple of science fares, and the presence of God. I learned holiness, and the law of the divine. I would never give this up, even now. I forgot my old manifestations.

As a teenager I prayed meditated learned self hypnosis. I willed my mind into discipline, and never really fit in. I am told this is common to unaccepted young metaphysicians. I wish I had been accepted. That is neither here nor there. I was not. In my 30's I rediscovered my metaphysics. I never want to give it up! That simple. I need something that I have found in few places. UMS is the first training That spoke of this sort of thing. I suspect there are others out there that have had similar experiences. We all need to find a place. I live in a strict tradition. And, have found that even people like the Rosicrucians will reject the 'natural' ( If that is what I am ). It is challenged in so many traditions. Demonized in some of them. Are hard place is created by these institutions. Even public school was a nightmare, despite my good test scores.

I was doing college level work in 9th grade and in college two years later. It was enough of a burden that it got me nowhere. I sit poor and depressed, with a glimmer of hope. I hope others are urged to find there courage and post a few childhood experiences no matter how strange or small. I feel that these pages have meaning to me like no one else right now, even though intellectually this is not the case. All of you who are reluctant to post know that others will support you here. if they don't I will be disappointed in them, and suspect that others will too. 

Thanksgiving is a time for remembering puritans. I hope they have there heads on straight. Purity comes in many forms. Sometimes by water, sometimes by fire. May you be purified by both.

Pax vobiscum,

cause 
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 11/27/2015 11:17 AM (#26756 - in reply to #26749)
Subject: RE: Childhood metaphysical experiences

PhD Alumni

Hi Cause

I do not have many such ... I have always felt there was a world 'on the other side of the veil', but rarely have had direct access to it ... I once read that a contemplative had said the purpose of prayer is to wear thin the veil between the world and eternity ...

One memory that came to mind as I read your post is an old and vague memory as a child of our local newspaper printing a photograph of a cloud structure that it said was definitively the face of God ... another is of a dream I had years ago, which has stayed with me, of the most beautiful woman one can imagine, talking to me; she had the blackest of hair and the most vivid electric blue eyes.... I have never met her, but think of her from time to time and wonder who she was. She felt not of this world.

In terms of UMS, I agree exactly with your sentiments: I searched and searched and studied, but only in UMS have I found what my heart was looking for: its' synergy/energy of integration. When I started the programme I had been offered places on various academic PhD programmes, but they felt too much located in the head rather than the heart.

Your post also reminded me of a couple of other texts, not sure if you have come across them. One is my Evans-Wentz (the translater of the Book of the Dead): he published extensive research he had undertaken on sighting of what he termed fairies in Cornwall, Wales and Ireland, (or presences from that other realm), it was called, The Fairy Faith of the Celtic Folk. I have it on my shelf and it is gripping, first hand accounts from country people that are very persuasive.

The other book (also on my shelf!) is, The Story of San Michelle, by Axel Munthe, his autobiography of creating an animal sanctuary at the turn of the 19th/20th centuries on the Island of Capri, and stopping the shooting of migrating songbirds there. It is not the easiest of reads though. In it he tells a story of a vision not that different to that as described by you. That might be available on line, I will have a quick look now and report back ...

Here you go:

https://archive.org/details/storyofsanmichel005356mbp

Oh and isn't the net a wonderful thing - here is the Evans-Wentz text complete!

http://www.searchengine.org.uk/ebooks/34/10.pdf

ps, I once consulted a spiritualist about some life problems I was having, and I said I was about to go to the English Lake District: she said that there were indeed such things as fairies, but that they had mostly retreated from our access now, although some still lived in such remote areas as the Lakes

Enjoy ...

Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 11/27/2015 11:19 AM
cause
Posted 11/29/2015 11:16 AM (#26764 - in reply to #26749)
Subject: Re: Childhood metaphysical experiences

UMS Student

I have downloaded the PDF you offered. I intend to send it to my Kindle. I suspect that the entity in question was elemental in nature, because of a presence that I felt was behind it. I will think about it bit as I read the text you sent.

I hope others will post their childhood experiences here, as was my intent.

Be brave!

cause
Paul Joseph
Posted 11/30/2015 5:24 AM (#26766 - in reply to #26764)

PhD Alumni

Hi Cause

To save you wading through lots of unnecessary stuff, the relevant bit in Axel Munthe's autobiography is where he sits up in bed one night in the the arctic countryside, and sees a goblin sitting on the end of his bed: which he insists was a vision of a real personage. Considering he was was a formally trained physician, and served in the highest of European circles, that was quite a brave stance to take at the time he was writing (1920s+)

Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 11/30/2015 5:25 AM
cause
Posted 12/7/2015 9:18 AM (#26790 - in reply to #26749)

UMS Student

Paul,

I want to read this book! I hope it is interesting, although if I am truly spending time that should be spent elsewhere please let me know.

I have always thought that the experience that I had with the little blue creature had another presence behind it. I might have mentioned it before. I have also considered it to be an elemental force of some kind. Manikin, homunculus, or other explanations make more sense to me than if it were a simple nature sprite. I am unsure these things ever come unbidden. I know that I did not create it. But, there has been that presence behind it that has been obvious to me for some time.

I (of course) had other experiences with the preternatural and other phenomena. I would have instructive dreams. Some were rather frightening. For instance, I learned about death in a dream. Something I never questioned again. What I did not learn in this dream is where cats (or anyone else for that matter) go after they die. I wish I had the presence of mind to ask at the time. . .

Pax,

cause
Paul Joseph
Posted 12/7/2015 11:30 AM (#26791 - in reply to #26790)

PhD Alumni

Hi Cause

It is a bit of a rambling book (Munthe's), and so is a bit heavy going, but the relevant chapter concering the goblin, is chapter 7, page 88 (page 88 in my edition, it might vary in the pdf), and the chapter title is, Lapland. The goblin makes his appearance on page 105. This book was very famous in its day (early 20th century) and was reprinted many times. In the opening introduction (not on the pdf), Munthe says, that many people claim he has made up and embroidered his stories, to which his response is, they are all true, but people read what they want ... though he also says that he will insist to his dying day, that his encounter with the goblin was real, and that he hoped and believed the goblin was still somewhere out there in the wild forests.

Best wishes
Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 12/7/2015 11:30 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software