University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mindfulness
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/21/2015 9:44 AM (#26256)
Subject: Mindfulness

PhD Alumni

Dear All

Thought I might venture forth with a new thread!

Wondered what our UMS community might think about the new trend for Mindfulness that seems to be finding itself everywhere from business management to mental health?

Interesting for me that such a traditional and ancient approach has now been taken up and used in so many ways - with the concomitant trend for a lot of people trying to make a lot of money out of it.

Wonder what others make of all that, and if you have found any particular approaches that work for you - or is it a case of old wine in new bottles; or new wine in old bottles?! Is it in some cases exploitative? Maybe my questions are evidence of why I am not a millionaire!

Best wishes everyone
Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 5/21/2015 9:45 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpha+omega
Posted 5/22/2015 8:47 PM (#26264 - in reply to #26256)
Subject: RE: Mindfulness

Veteran

Hi Paul

Well, you know the Eagle has to po0p to get anything done these days. Money is the Metaphysical Attractor, even though it is only a concept to quantify goods and services.

As for mindfulness, a brother showed up for Memorial Day Weekend even though this is Canada. His daughter and her husband are from the USA, where I have been banned laughably as a threat to US Jobs by DHS. They wouldn't let me go down to kick the tires of an auction aircraft unless I showed them all my finances, which I was unwilling to do because it would fold my hand to competing bidders. I suspect they eventually bought the aircraft, a smokin' deal, once I pointed them at it.

I tried to explain what happened on B'ak'Tun 13, my 57th birthday coincidentally.  A physics *accident* at the LHC in Geneva enabled nematodes to resolve the Tachyon Telephone Paradox and opened up a permanent "Wormhole." It so happens nematodes *are*, amongst other things like my faculty's students, Worms. From that point forwards, they could message through time to other nematodes, which have been around for 300 million years or more, and have been parasites in humans since Genesis 3.

Be "mindful" of that once you see yet another of their *Easter Egg's * in history. lulz

Edited by alpha+omega 5/23/2015 2:25 AM
Aquarius
Posted 5/29/2015 6:20 AM (#26295 - in reply to #26264)
Subject: RE: Mindfulness

UMS Guest

Dear Paul,

Please forgive me for taking so long to reply to your new thread. I meant to do this straight away, but got sidetracked into other things.

I see the revival of things like mindfulness as welcome signs of the Age of Aquarius. As mentioned elsewhere, it is one of the Air signs, and during lifetimes in one of them the development of our intellectual capabilities is the item highest on the agenda. The most urgent task facing all of us is getting our earthly mind under our control and mindfulness is just one of the tools for achieving this end.

Getting ever more tired of the machinery and chemicals conventional medicine has on offer, people for some time have been looking more and more for natural healing methods. Meditations and mindfulness are essential for the healing of our minds. As has been known for a very long time: a healthy mind in a healthy body. The mind controls the body and we can make ourselves sick through negative thinking patterns, but we can also heal our body through positive ones.

All these things together are an essential part of our individual and collective moving forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral of life.

With love – Aquarius

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software