University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Coming to the Earth... and leaving it again.
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

bartholomew
Posted 2/28/2015 6:35 AM (#25896)
Subject: Coming to the Earth... and leaving it again.

It's not complicated, really. As souls our permanent home is on the mental plane of existence. Between lifetimes we study and learn. We, with our fellow travelers, decide our futures. At a particular time we know that we will be coming back to the planet for the next lifetime. A new body and personality awaits with perhaps a sex change this time as well (no pun intended). What will we attempt this time? What lessons? What are our weak areas? After answering these questions we go "shopping" for suitable parents in preferred locales. We want parents that will provide us with both dispositional genes and conditions that will advance our agendas. Often we incarnate in small groups with pre-arranged intent. Soul mates is an expression we hear so often. As souls we live together in small groups. We help each other and often face the rigors of Earth living together. Siblings and spouses are the two most common soul mate arrangements. My soul mate in this lifetime is my now deceased wife. She waits for me. I have a few years to go. This is how it begins.

Now the lifetime.

When we die we leave our bodies behind. The soul recoups it's connective essence and works to assess the lifetime just past. But first the mechanics of death. The body has just died but we are still conscious as personalities. This is because of the ethereal and astral components which remain vital for a while. Usually it takes about three days for these to dissipate. We feel an urge to leave the vicinity of the Earth. We may hesitate for one reason or another but sooner or later we listen and obey. We move at a rapid pace now and as we travel we sense a familiar sensation. We've been on this road before. We feel much better now. Soon other souls rush to meet us. This is especially important for those of us who pass in abrupt, violent ways whereas a man who dies in bed of old age, peacefully, is more able to work through the transition without any discomfort. Being met is also especially important to those of us who had beliefs about what would happen after death. Usually it is our guide but sometimes others who are at the portal to welcome us home. Following this reception we go to a special place to be cleansed of heavy Earth vibrations. We are now ready to travel further in spirit. We rejoin our groups.

There are very few variables in the process described above. The method of death, whether or not anger was present and so on. These have to be considered. Negatives have to be considered but for most of us the passing is a happy homecoming.

Edited by bartholomew 3/2/2015 4:53 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Aquarius
Posted 2/28/2015 7:04 AM (#25897 - in reply to #25896)
Subject: RE: Coming to the Earth... and leaving it again.

UMS Guest

Very good indeed! Thank you for sharing your insights with us, dear Bartholomew.

I look forward to further instalments.

With love - Aquarius

Paul Joseph
Posted 2/28/2015 4:24 PM (#25902 - in reply to #25897)

PhD Alumni

Agreed Aquarius, me too ...

Good to have you here with us Bartholomew

Blessings
Paul
bartholomew
Posted 2/28/2015 5:13 PM (#25903 - in reply to #25902)

It would be helpful if you could perhaps suggest a topic...
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/1/2015 4:10 AM (#25905 - in reply to #25903)

PhD Alumni

Well, if you are open to that, that is a very generous and kind offer thank you ... though what you have been posting is very fascinating in any event!
bartholomew
Posted 3/1/2015 4:27 AM (#25906 - in reply to #25905)

Interacting with others helps me to learn also.
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/1/2015 5:54 AM (#25907 - in reply to #25906)

PhD Alumni

OK, then wonder if you had any thoughts about this question please:

How might we discover and then know, what our life's purpose has been here on this planet?

Meanwhile, I also must say that I am still reading and re-reading your earlier posts as there is much there to ponder ...

Best wishes

Paul
bartholomew
Posted 3/1/2015 4:27 PM (#25909 - in reply to #25907)

If the results of one lifetime were always evident in the next this question would be a bit easier to answer but this is not always the case. In simplest terms it's about self assessment. Do we, in the present time, have the maturity which is required for this? Can we see ourself as though we were a different person? The barrier beyond which is wisdom is the same for us all. It is the identity of "self". As long as we are yet strongly connected to the "me" that we see looking back at us from a mirror our vision will be limited.

Now for some meaningful answers.

Remember the soul mate? These good folk are generally much better able to see us with clear vision that we are ourselves. Along life's pathways it is they who will act as moderators for us. Note now that soul mates are not always in physical bodies, standing next to us. Often they remain as souls back in the spirit world. If they are in the physical you'll know it. If they are not then listen for the little voice of conscience which seems to nag at us when we need those little "course corrections" in life. And we all do. Remembering that in the spirit world souls live in small groupings wherein there are no secrets, within which even the smallest deceit is impossible and, most important, any element of competitiveness is wholly absent.... from this vantage point reassess your environment.

In general terms our life's mission is revealed through our strengths and weaknesses. I will give an example. The personality which is writing this note has a strong work ethic and is possessed of much better than average leadership skills. Time and time again it's it's life, though, in spite of these pluses the man has experienced personal failures. There has been a clear life's pattern of work, achievement and then episodes of self destructiveness which seemed to negate any prospect of temporal advancement. This has happened so often that the reasoning behind it is quite unmistakable. It has been subsequently revealed that in prior lives authority and ability was misused with the result of others being hurt. No need to look further into this because even if this picture is a little off the mark it is close enough for one to consciously make appropriate "corrections". There will always be other little nagging issues to consider but allow for situational imperfections and remember that here we are all thrown together into a great mix. Go out into the street in the busiest time of day and witness the great mass of humanity. Try to feel the jumble of energies which combined are unlike anything which exists back in our real homes in spirit.

Now another bit that will interest. The karmic picture which was painted just above is regarding a person, the person which sits at the computer in the northwestern USA. Remember that it is the soul of this man which is writing this, not the man himself. The soul knows much more than the man because it is the repository of all the learning from many, many lifetimes. The soul remembers all the lifetimes. Any individual personality which was used along the way normally cannot. So why is this important? That is easy to answer.

Life is unfair... Why me?

The answer to this is not difficult. Learn to leave the "me" out of the equation. Remember that the "me" of the present is probably not guilty of anything connected with life purpose. It may very well happen that the "me" will pay the piper though. Like other attributes the self is only a vehicle for action. It is most important then in discovering certain truths regarding purpose that we learn to become conscious as souls rather than as men. Only from the soul level is vision clear. This is another reason for the importance of soul mates. They almost always possess the spark of clarity which is so important. And let's not forget that we may act as mate to another as well. How will we fulfill this duty? Beyond any of the above is another very important point. Maturity. It is essential that we become at least a little spiritually mature. Since no beginner soul would be active on this forum it may be safely thought that some level of ability is present.

How to move beyond the personality? This is and always has been the primary purpose of meditation. Of course I mean high meditation. There is no real imperative that we learn to meditate before we can know anything in life. Many of us are in meditation when we least expect that such is the case. A mathematician, a business person, a musician busy composing, a design engineer and a priest seeking inspiration for a sermon are all meditating. There is no rule that states we must be a "new ager" doing a chakra opening routine. Please never think this. The religious traditions of prayer and answer is another good example. Does God answer our prayer? So often we hear "yes" to this question. I will tell you plainly that such answers come to us through our souls. Any communication to a man on Earth from the spirit universe is addressed to the soul of that man. most often it our own soul which answers us. The variation to this is regarding the soul mate. Remember they are closely bonded to us as souls. They may well "hear" an answer when we do not. In no other way is it done. This is a firm fact.

This leads us to what we call "intuition".

Some of us have it and some don't. As they say in Australia though, "no worries" because if we don't hear the answer chances are our soul mate will. In it's highest form intuition is the voice of our own soul though we seldom know this.

Summary.

Enough has been imparted at this point. Soul and soul mate. The voice of intuition. Meditation. A word of caution though. The personality and the soul mind are separate and quite distinct. One great mistake that those involved with metaphysics often make is that they fail to recognize this. The personality will often oppose the higher voice and work against it. Also the personality will add it's own selfish elements to what is received. This little fact is what lays behind the sometimes contradictory statements in the scriptures of religions. Scriptures may be inspired by God but they come to us through the fallible minds of men nonetheless. We should not fail to recognize this. On the individual, personal level the same is true.

In order to correctly ascertain our life's purpose and to act on what we discover we must first learn to discern the difference between soul and lower, personality, mind processes and to develop the wisdom to move successfully through these mazes. How do we do this? We learn to meditate. In it's essential form it is nothing more than sitting quietly for a few minutes each day. and clearing our minds of the busy thoughts which are there. We are so immersed in these that we don't realize it most of the time. Sit thus and try to rid ourselves of them however and see how powerful they really are.

True meditating is the art of setting aside the personality and becoming, while yet here on Earth, the soul. It is nothing more complicated than that.

May I make a suggestion?

Avoid allowing another person to guide you through any meditative process. Do not, under any circumstances, attempt any sort of chakra meditations and never concern yourself with kundalini. It is also a good idea to stay away from anyone who claims to be any sort of master. True master souls do not advertise themselves nor are they interested in receiving money. OK this seems harsh but it is sound advice. Our world is filled with well meaning but immature folks who want badly to be of assistance but who are ill prepared. Schools can provide essentials but only spiritual maturity, through meditation and experience, can allow us the wisdom which is also required.

Develop the habit of sitting quietly each morning for a few minutes before starting your day. Mornings are best because of the natural quiescence of ambient energies which result from the sun having been below the horizon for a period of hours. (The sun is a point of creation which is why it so often is considered as a god but it destroys also.) Work at quieting the busy mind. For a long time you will be conscious of how difficult this is but don't be discouraged and don't give up. When you receive a bit of success you will note some amazing things. Your sense of perception will change. Again do not entertain any expectations as they are products of the lower, busy mind which we are trying to move away from in the first place. Failing in this may well find us on the astral plane of illusion. Here is the abode of the trickster coyote of Native American lore. After a while, maybe a year or so, we are able to send our minds to lofty places. This happens all by itself. When this is achieved in a session then stop the meditation and begin your usual day's activities. We discover through this method that, later in the day, an idea suddenly pops into our head. When this happens we may be reasonably sure that it originates from the soul. Continue the practice of this benign, as opposed to directed... active, meditating and find that more and more we become conscious as souls while yet in the body. This is the goal. It takes time and effort. Note that we may find we are returning to the way we were as small children in a sense. Those little humans are still closely connected to where they came from as souls. "Come to me as little children" is a phrase found in Christian teachings. What I have described above is precisely the reason for this suggestion of old. When the holy man of the east lives apart from his fellows the above is what he is engaged in. He or she seeks living, real time, expression as a soul rather than as a man. But there is no need to be such a hermit. To be immersed in the everyday world is why we are here.

So what about life's purposes?

You could take a guess at them by self-examination of strengths and weaknesses (weaknesses often indicate purpose. They show us things to overcome) and probably be pretty close to being correct. Most of the time this is quite adequate. For those who want to move forward in a more proactive manner though what is given above about meditative techniques might be tried. Not only tried but adopted as life long habits. And what will we discover? After long experience we find that the little irksome things in life no longer bother us because we've raised our consciousnesses to our greater, eternal lives while still here on Earth. Instead of waiting for some reward after death we bring the reward to us while still here. Is that cool or what?

Time for my meditation...

Edited by bartholomew 3/2/2015 11:06 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/2/2015 4:49 AM (#25910 - in reply to #25896)
Subject: Re: Coming to the Earth... and leaving it again.

PhD Alumni

Thanks Bartholomew for taking the time and effort for such a thorough discussion.

You are truly inspirational

In gratitude

Paul
bartholomew
Posted 3/2/2015 11:00 AM (#25913 - in reply to #25910)

I occurs to me that I have suggested that there are things in life which must be overcome. If this is literally true then many of us may feel overburdened, in hopeless situations. I did not mean to say that soul purpose involves being pushed into a corner from which there is no escape. I'd like to clarify a bit...

Example: The soul purpose of this personality (me) is not to overcome the tendency for self-destructiveness. There is no need for me to work hard and literally conquer everything I meet on the path. It is much more important that I gain a full understanding from which acceptance can be employed. So... We might simply allow that a certain limiting factor does exist. Instead of fighting it all the time we will now simply allow it in much the same way that we learn to "work around" a physical limitation such as a missing limb. In my case I am content in the realization of my own limiting weakness. In fact, I've come to see a bit of wry humor in it.

What I am trying to say is that learning to live as a soul while yet on Earth is the single greatest thing a man can do. For this the habit of meditation is useful.

Edited by bartholomew 3/4/2015 5:28 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/2/2015 4:07 PM (#25915 - in reply to #25896)

PhD Alumni

Yes: although it seems to me that learning to live as a soul here on Earth can lead us to vulnerability, self-exposure and emotional - and possibly physical - pain.

Sometimes it would seem to be preferable to live in an exo-skeleton.

This is, if I am comprehending you correctly.

I have thought for a long time that it is our purpose here (on this planet) to become 'like' "angels". That is perhaps my way of expressing learning to live as a soul.

Yet as I say, that seems to involve leading an exposed and raw emotional existence, that others hereabouts perceive as weakness, or madness, or worse, and/or tend to exploit.

I hear what you say about meditation too.

Edited by Paul Joseph 3/2/2015 4:09 PM
bartholomew
Posted 3/2/2015 6:22 PM (#25916 - in reply to #25915)

As our centers of consciousness ascend our expectations tend to be neutralized. Another thing happens as well. The colors in our auras change. Others who interact with us, no matter if they are aware of it or not, will sense this through their own auras and react in ways which denote their dispositional inclinations. We all have been close to people who made us a bit uneasy. This is directly related to auric differences. These are the factors which determine relationships on the soul plane. There we cannot associate with those with whom we are not compatible. It is normal and even necessary then that while here on Earth we gain these experiences. As our centers of awareness moves out of the astral and into the high mental we find that we are no longer troubled by the actions of others. It's not because we have become smug but rather because we have replaced fear (astral) with love (mental and above).

Some of us are more acutely aware than others. Have you noticed how so few are answering my posts? This is not because of any lack of intellectual curiosity but due to a difference in auras which are outward indicators of soul plane vibrations. We tend to sort ourselves into groups here on Earth just like back in spirit. I, too, have moments when I experience pain when near others who are seemingly too aggressive. Slowly, a little at a time, I am teaching myself to, not change them but to change myself.

We are on Earth to advance ourselves through personal effort. First we have faith, then knowledge and finally wisdom. The Earth is temporary. It is a physical, ethereal and astral package within which we all live. We don't have to endure it though. We cannot make the astral go away but we can raise ourselves above it and thus become free. We do not escape from it. It's still there. We conquer it.

Have you ever wondered what a spiritual Master really is? A Master is a soul, like any other human soul, that has learned, finally, to subdue his/her own lower self. We are not here to change others but to change ourselves. When a soul has learned this he/she is finally freed from the need to reincarnate. Sure Masters know much more than we do but they weren't born that way. They spent thousands of lifetimes on Earth getting kicked around just like we sometimes do. A Master has raised his/her center of consciousness to far above the astral plane. They, even when on Earth, are far above what we would call fear. A Master is not a soul especially created by God for a certain purpose. A Master is not an angel. The angel Gabriel was really a master human soul. A Master is one who started out just like us and who has finally conquered his/her own lower self. A Master soul on Earth is physical, ethereal, mental buddhic and a bit higher touching the monadic. The astral component is missing. They can move through the astral without minding it. They are fearless not because they refuse to be afraid but because they have cleansed their auras of all astral plane components. This is why saints are depicted with golden glows. This is the goal that we all are working towards. It is inescapable. Do we have to not mind how others behave towards us? Well.... not minding while still on the astral is a "hard nut to crack". .So let's get busy and move ourselves forward. Let's leave the astral and all it's pain behind and to up to the high mental. We do this, not through wishful thinking but through developing a life changing habit of proper meditation. We can't bring others with us but we can get out of the astral and leave both expectations and fears behind. And how do we measure our success? After a while we find that others do not feel any need to meet us "on the battlefield of life". They become much less inclined to feel threatened, to act aggressively towards us. meditation gets us away from the astral plane and away from astral plane reactions by others. The Christian story of the lions and the lambs applies here. The aggressiveness of the lion was negated by the fearlessness of the lambs. It is a most superb metaphor that is so seldom correctly interpreted. In fact I've never heard it explained the true way. Bartholomew just clued me in. God didn't make this happen the lambs did and we are the lambs.

Please remember that there are all sorts on Earth and we are all mixed in together. We can fight it or we can manage it. Remaining in the battleground of the astral is how we live until we realize that we can never win at that game. We discover through trail and error that the real solution is to raise ourselves away from it all. This is what true and proper meditation is all about. It is also the reason I advise anyone to stay away from chakra meditations. Until we become Masters chakras are mostly ethereal and astral plane constructs.

May I end with one more story? Christians will remember Jesus going out into the desert to pray. They tell how Satan tempted Him and how He overcame. This also is a metaphor. What really happened is that Jesus went into the desert to commune with the Father through an extended period of meditation. Jesus was fearful because He knew that His public life and thus his suffering was about to begin. Satan did not tempt Jesus. What really happened is that Jesus was battling His human lower self who rose up in fear trying to escape destiny. Jesus did not rebuke Satan. Jesus rebuked His lower human nature. When Jesus came out of the desert he had finally left behind any vestige of (astral plane) fear. Note how I often quote bits of scripture? The truths of the Bible are layered. The superficial is for the younger soul. The more experienced look beneath and behind and find higher truths which need less faith to comprehend.

Sorry to be so wordy. What I am trying to impart is that none of the things you are concerned with will happen. I hope I am not being too preachy. If I am I ask forgiveness. I've been through all the same things that you are faced with.

Blessings to us both..

Edited by bartholomew 3/2/2015 6:30 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/3/2015 3:46 AM (#25917 - in reply to #25896)

PhD Alumni

Good morning Bartholomew (it is morning here in the UK!)

Thank you again, and your post is not at all wordy, or preachy. You have a way of putting the eternal truths into a very easy and comprehensive way; but also with a new nuance or two.

I was interested here that you mention Bartholomew because when next I had a question, my thought was to ask about your spirit guide.

Best
Paul

ps, you also mention few replies - well it looks like your thread has had 61 views, some of which are of course, mine.

Edited by Paul Joseph 3/3/2015 3:48 AM
bartholomew
Posted 3/3/2015 11:46 AM (#25920 - in reply to #25917)

I mention Christianity often only because I, as a German/Hungarian/American was raised in that faith but it is not the only religion in the world which leads men to successful living techniques. May I mention briefly the way that our soul normally interacts with us? As a child in a Catholic school I was taught that I had a guardian angel. Well each of us does in fact. Maybe we are aware of it or maybe not but our "angels" are really our souls. As each of us is connected to our soul we all have one. Whether of not we ever hear it's promptings is another matter. The "voice of conscience" is the voice of our soul. It's that simple. It's not an angel. It's us. Sometimes it's called the "overself". No matter.

Now remembering that souls live in groups and that each group has at least one member who is more advanced than the rest and serves as a guide to the others we can easily see how we, while here on Earth, can knowingly receive guidance from our spiritual guides. very seldom is a guide a master soul. Most often the guide is of intermediate level. A person here on Earth may serve as a guide to others without realizing it. This, too, is common. It's quite easy. The guide simply communicates with our soul which is still right there with it in the mental plane and we automatically receive the message. Now... how strong is this connection? That's another question. In the beginning when a soul has only projected to Earth a few times virtually nothing is known of any of this. It takes quite a while for the aura of the man to grow to the point at which conscious interaction is possible. But it happens sooner or later. It is doubtful that anyone who visits websites and/or forums like this one is so junior that he/she has no inkling of this higher reality. It is also likely that when such connections are first made that confusion follows. So often we are perplexed. We sometimes seem to be pulled in two directions at once or something like that. Because it can lead to a bit of unhappiness the connection to soul must be slowly and carefully built. We may well think we are going nuts and become afraid. This is probably why humanity has a tradition of evil spirits and demons. It is the fear of the unknown which lays behind such thinking. In truth there are no such things as "evil spirits" or "demons". Those are astral plane fear based non-sensical constructs which have no real power. OK I just said they don't exist then said they are on the astral plane. How can this be? It is because we have the ability to "create" on the astral. Our thoughts can take astral forms which can influence others. This is the reason we are bid "take care with what you think". Now this is a new topic altogether but I want to mention it now. Each time we entertain fears we are automatically on the astral where the fearful thoughts of millions of others wait for us. They represent the sum total of the fears and emotionalism of the planet. Thus avoiding the astral is good advice and I mention it often. It is the real reason we are taught high rather than chakra meditations. All of the chakras, solar plexus and below, are either on the ethereal or the astral planes. Going there in meditation can be quite sensational as those worlds are vibrant and colorful but in the long run it is a great waste of time.

It is mastry of self, conscious removal from the astral plane of existence which is the primary attribute of a master soul and little more. These great men and women are fearless because they have learned to deny fear by not going to where fear is. See how easy the idea is? This is why the Dali Lama is always smiling.

So... I've been aware of my "guardian angel" all my life. I'm nearly 73 now. About 26 years ago I discovered the identity of my guide while meditating one day. His name is Bartholomew. Who, exactly is he? I don't know. I do know that each soul has a name. Back in the spirit worlds we know each other by common names. After we are so advanced that we are no longer human we may move along to a different way of living but during this long period of incarnations on a planet we name ourselves for convenience. Is "Batholomew" the name used in some lifetime on Earth? I don't know that so I make no claims. It doesn't matter to me. I don't want to know. Keeping to the high roads in life is enough for me without new opportunities for self aggrandizement being thrown into the mix. But I am quite sure of the name of my guide and the connection is so strong now that I can enter the meditative state in a moment or two anytime I have the need. What does it feel like? Imagine an author or a composer, a rock and roll song writer getting "in the groove" as we used to say in the fifties. It's just the same except the reason and results are different. It feels the same because, guide or no, it's connection to our soul which is being made. So the reason for the link may vary. In the case of a guide we are consciously seeking a certain kind of inspiration. That's all there is to it. I rather like my guide being always ready to help me. I seldom join with him unless I am busy "pontificating" to another. Well sometimes when I'm writing for my own benefit too but I have no interest in using this for any selfish reasons. I think this is important.

There is another tidbit of information that you may find interesting. I certainly do. As souls we are in well defined groupings and have guides, sometimes one, sometimes two whose job it is to lead the others. There is a compatibility issue here. A guide from one group may not be qualified to serve in another because, unlike on Earth, in the spirit world associations between groups is very restricted. Only kindred souls may interact on a long term basis. So this goes for guides too because they are almost always not master souls and are not all powerful by any measure. What I am trying to say is simple enough. I wonder if you've thought of it. You and I are in an exchange of ideas via this forum. I am thinking that our souls and thus our guides may well be associated with each other in spirit without us necessarily knowing about it. This sort of thing happens all the time. The fact of distance is not a consideration. I'm speaking of us as souls and not as human personalities.

Interesting idea huh?

I have never cared for the poetic writings of others and have come to prefer a style of plain talking about spiritual matters. I am a commoner too. No doubt that helps. Bart is always there to help out so I never have to think about what to say. Somehow it always turns out to be appropriate to the occasion and need. I hope this continues.

So much for guardian angels.

Hope that bit was helpful.
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/3/2015 3:32 PM (#25921 - in reply to #25920)

PhD Alumni

Bartholomew

As regards your paragraph last but three, I have often reflected on how folk who are attracted to this Forum and who post, might have some kind of soul resonance, although I have have never been able to understand that; it has always seemed to me one of the contributions of UMS.

As regards your last paragraph, as you might have picked up if you had looked at earlier threads (much earlier!), I had some poetic ambition, although in the world of material success, that never came to anything.

I wonder what our resonance, which seems to exist, is about?

I have often had a sense of being parachuted into this world, and sense too, that I have a backtrackof numerous existences that in some way I have been trying to clear here.

As I have now become older - 61 last birthday a couple of weeks ago - I have lost any sense that I will ever make sense of this existence for myself. So your entry onto the Board and what you communicate, is spectacularly timely!

As I write, there is on TV a programme about recent discoveries regarding the solar system that indicate we know nothing about it at all - so another developing aspect of your recent posts.

Now also as I am older, the number of friends or others of mine who are passing away has increased considerably. Another intimator of mortality.

I am interested in the discernments you make between guides, advanced and/or Master souls; as these are rather different to what I thought before. Although what you say elsewhere about angels, is similar to what I had come to think.

I was only going to read your post, and not reply, also interesting, but I could not refrain from responding either!

But now I ought to go to bed ... late here and I have an early start tomorrow

bartholomew
Posted 3/3/2015 4:39 PM (#25922 - in reply to #25921)

May I make a couple of suggestions? It seems from what has been said that your life's work has progressed nicely and that now, your present age, might be a good time to begin the process of "consolidation". I mean that in a spiritual sense. As students we learn through lectures, study and testing, practice and finally experience in the real world. Apply this idea to our spiritual lifetimes. You have years left to you during which spiritual progress might make a quantum leap so to speak. Since any work accomplished while on Earth is far superior in effect to equivalent efforts made while in spirit this might well be the thing for you to do next. There is no need for you to make any traumatic life changes. You don't have to run off and become a monk or anything like that. What you might do though, if you agree, is to begin serious meditations each morning, as described earlier. Just ten minutes a day in the beginning. The purpose of these is realized when you become more strongly aware of your guide (your soul). This sort of deliberate act on our part is the single best way to develop higher awareness while yet on the Earth. Since we all realize this sooner or later, why not sooner? There is a little book called "The Quiet Mind" by White Eagle. This author does not engage in mere "feel good" lessons for us. The purpose behind his efforts is precisely the same as the benefits derived from daily meditations of the proper sort. And although he does not say so plainly the result of this practice will be the strengthening of the bond 'tween soul and man. Again this is not for "feel good" reasons. If it were it'd be a useless exercise. The reason for it is "trans-personal". When a human being while yet on Earth seeks to bring his soul into his personality consciousness (or rather his lower mind into sync with his high, soul mind) he is doing a great service for us all. Remember how the Christians talk about resurrection? The lower meaning is when we see that Jesus was raised to heaven. The higher, esoteric, meaning is when we bring heaven down to us. Each time a man does this the Earth is a bit of a better place for us all. Will Jesus come back some day to lead us all to "victory"? No. We fail to see that Jesus has given humanity the tools through his living example so that we can resurrect ourselves through our own efforts.

Does that make sense?

Please consider what has been posted about meditation. It has purposes which are far beyond ordinary thinking. But only when done correctly.

Blessings to everyone. Please spend a few days considering before you answer.

Edited by bartholomew 3/3/2015 5:05 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/4/2015 4:01 PM (#25929 - in reply to #25922)

PhD Alumni

Hi Bart

Was going to spend a few days, but after the day I had today, not much point (please read of my dream and real life encounters on those other recent posts responding to Aquarius).

As for meditation, I have been trying that on and off for many years. My suicidal friend introduced me to Bruno Groening most recently, 'Tuning in' that I mentioned on a Board post ages ago. That was a help, but seeing what happened to Bruno rather put me off. White Eagle I have on my shelf, and I think Aqua is very much into all that.

Many years ago, and in light of Gurdjieff's teaching, and also the Via Negativa, I felt that I had to even abandon meditation as even meditation is like this prayer (that was given to me by another person who was to go on take their own life

Dear Lord
Forgive me my three sins:
In contemplation I have clothed Thee who art formless
In prayer I have spoken with Thee who art ineffable
And in visiting temples I have ignored Thine omnipresence.

ie, we have to ultimately discard everything, and even the thought or prayer of anything, as anything, everything and nothing is an encumberance.

I am not sure any of it - knowing or not knowing, doing or not doing - helps very much.

I like what I interpret you interpret about our planetary and soul vibrations, so perhaps there is something somewhere.

There is much more I could say, but not now

Forgive my not waiting a few days.

Edited by Paul Joseph 3/4/2015 4:04 PM
bartholomew
Posted 3/4/2015 5:35 PM (#25930 - in reply to #25929)

When I feel overburdened I forget about everything and just carry on in ordinary ways. It's like doing laundry. Gives us a fresh start.

Blessings to us all....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software