University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A Little About Reincarnation
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

bartholomew
Posted 2/28/2015 2:21 AM (#25892)
Subject: A Little About Reincarnation

OK some eastern religions take it for granted but never explain it's workings. Typical of the west we are skeptical. Christianity has little to say about. They seem to imply that we live once and that's it. If we are in India and mention it to a local we will hear, "so what else is new?". If we try to speak about it in America or in England we will often hear something like, "why would I want to come back as a cat?". I am going to try to set a few things straight in this post.

Both the Hindu and the Christian are correct.

The difficulty lays in the fact of the personality vs the soul. Most of us are personality centered. We identify with the "me" that we presently are and with the body that the "me" walks around in. Personalities are products of bodies. Genetics, environment and conditioning are the variables. The soul is a being apart. On it's own plane, the high mental, the human soul seems to be eternal since it lives for a very long time. Souls are not subservient to personalities nor are they parts of bodies. While the body is alive the soul connects to it through a gossamer thread. The soul never really leaves the mental plane. The identity of the soul grows all the time, seeking perfection through experience. There is nothing a personality can do which will result in "eternal condemnation". Even the soul that projected as Hitler will eventually be cleansed and return to Godliness. Once created nothing is ever lost.

Human souls are born in innocence on the mental plane. The first thing they learn is individualization. They move from a group identity to a singular. Now they are ready to come to Earth. Before a soul is finished it will needs to learn every lesson the Earth can teach. The eventual acquisition of wisdom is the goal. When the finals are passed the soul moves away to other greater challenges and will eventually become "godlike" in it's own right. It's destiny is to consciously cooperate with the creator.

Back to reincarnation.

We are born and we die. The personality perishes with the body except that it's ethereal and/or it's astral bodies may linger for a while. At the time of physical death the soul withdraws it's connection and with it the memories and deeds, all the lesson material derived from the lifetime just past. A time of judgment follows. The soul, with the help of it's guide, judges itself. Now free from the frailties of the personality mind this is easily accomplished. The successes are noted while the mistakes are marked for revisiting in some future time. With each lifetime the soul, through it's agent... the body, grows in experience. We can easily see now that the religious model of obedience and reward is somewhat apart from reality. We can also see that it is necessary for us to grow within such disciplines though so that we will do our very best while here. Later when a soul has projected thousands of lifetimes on Earth the personality becomes aware of it. When this happens things change rapidly. The Earth personality knows about the plan of the soul and wants to cooperate. It meditates to strengthen the connection and learns such techniques as denial of self. This greatly hastens the souls growth. With the passage of time and after many thousands of lifetimes on Earth, and perhaps other planets as well, the soul changes. It's colours are different as it achieves seniority. Beginner souls are white. After a very long time it no longer needs to project itself to a solid planet. Now it is purple in color. As a master soul, it can go to a "sacred" planet where it grows even more. Note: There is one sacred planet in our system. It is a gas giant. Remember that souls exists on and are made of mental "matter" and need not Earthly conditions to live and function. Note: Human souls do not express through animal bodies. Animals have animal souls. Souls come into sync with the brain of the host body. A human soul could never function in anything but a human body. Note: Souls cannot connect with a new baby (under construction) until the brain of that baby is fully formed. Note: Master souls have their own evolutionary tasks but many of them choose to work also with the Earth's population of junior souls. Thus we hear ancient stories and read scriptures that tell of visitations by Gabriel to various people in other times. Masters are still very active now. Though sometimes called "angels" they are not. Masters are our elder brothers and sisters. There are greater souls than Masters, yet they remain "human". The "gods" of the Old Testament (which Christianity never mentions) are no more than very advanced human souls. Note: Human souls have been existence for a very long time and new ones are coming in all the time. On Earth right now is a great mix of mostly junior souls and a few advanced. We come here as babes and leave as adults.

Can we see now that there are no loose ends in humanity? There are no injustices. A babe dies in the crib. Someone is born with terrible deformities. Mental illness. Why am I fat and ugly when my mate is a knock out beauty? Never mind. Through every conceivable human condition we acquire wisdom. The same applies to the parents and others surrounding the unfortunate. What may seem cruelty has no permanence and is never without purpose.

Recap: The personality lives once. It dies. The soul is comparatively eternal. The personality never comes back. In this Christianity is correct. The soul expresses through thousands of lifetimes. In this the religions of the east are correct. See how simple it all is? Great truths are seldom complex.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Ophiucus
Posted 2/28/2015 5:37 AM (#25893 - in reply to #25892)
Subject: Re: A Little About Reincarnation

Forum Administrator

Hi Bartholomew

Thanks for your posts - they are truly fascinating and, if I may say, ring very true.

Welcome here

Ophiucus
Paul Joseph
Posted 2/28/2015 6:17 AM (#25895 - in reply to #25892)
Subject: RE: A Little About Reincarnation

PhD Alumni

Hi Batholomew

Your discussion really helps me to make sense of a devastating loss I experienced this past year, of a dear and loved friend of mine who committed suicide.

I had always felt we had a deep soul connection, and the loss reverberates with me all the time still and I cannot move on.

Interesting what you say about personalities lingering for a while after death, then moving on, because that is very much the sense I had with my friend ...very very close presences after she had gone, then one day an actual waking vision of her being absorbed into a Higher Presence. I could recount that in more detail if it were of interest.

But in any event, the wider ramifications of your discussion are of equal sense ... and didn't I read somewhere the other day that a couple of strange objects had been seen passing across the face of Jupiter (I presume that might be the planet to which you refer ... although it might also be Nibiru, that other controversial planetary body, or not!)

Nice work here,
Thanks
Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 2/28/2015 6:18 AM
bartholomew
Posted 2/28/2015 3:46 PM (#25900 - in reply to #25892)

Suicides are met by guides who take them to a place of solitude. Here, for a while, the soul is surrounded by loving, comforting "airs/vibrations". Then the return to the family group of kindred souls where it is welcomed home. Now healing is completed and the objective assessment of the group's lives just past resumes. Sharing of experiences, yes and even laughter, are the order of the "day". When the time is right each soul prepares to take on a new personality so off they go again to Earth for another round. The only additional requirement of suicides is that, in some future time, they again confront the conditions that were once so unbearable. But this time they know more. The soul has a bit more wisdom born of experience.

Are the two of you soul mates? Maybe. If so you can be sure that both of you are benefiting from what either of you does. That relationship does not change just because of death. You may also be sure that the bond between you will remain strong, perhaps even stronger now. The usual method for a soul to communicate with a loved one who is still on Earth in a body is by constructing a message, seldom verbal... most often visual, and placing it where the incarnated partner will find it. Thus we have both waking and sleeping "dreams". This is not conjecture. It is reality. Be comforted by it. It is worth mentioning what we all sense. Human beings are naturally telepathic. We suspect this but don't know for sure. More about that some other time.

In the three years since my wife of 48 years suddenly passed she came to me twice, both times in unmistakable ways.

One may wonder why the necessity of souls projecting to a planet in the first place. Why not just learn while in spirit where conditions are not so harsh? The answer is that in the spiritual worlds we are sorted out into compatible groupings. We cannot be near those with whom we are incompatible. What, then, of experience; of wisdom born through adversity? Impossible. On Earth we are all together in a great mix and can get things done. There is another reason too but it is a subject within a topic which is beyond the scope and purpose of this forum.
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/2/2015 5:50 AM (#25911 - in reply to #25900)

PhD Alumni

Dear Bartholomew

I have been re-reading your posts; then went back and re-read the account of the vision I had after my friend took her own life (which I had written down at the time). I hope nobody here minds too much, but I have posted it here as it chimes so closely with what you are describing; and has given me much comfort.

I now need to ponder the soul-meaning of it all!

My thoughts are also with Bartholomew, and the loss of your dear wife of so many years ....

Every good wish and blessing,
PJ

Vision

I was lying half-awake half-asleep in the early morning. As is usually the case currently, N [the recently deceased] came to my mind and I thought to myself that her physical presence had faded from my experience of her of late, but I had still been having the strong sense of her presence in different ways and did not know what to do with all my feelings for her. Then gradually but quite quickly I had the sense of a strong bright light assembling itself in my mental vision, and had the very strong impression, realization, that the light was N in pure consciousness form. Then I had a further awareness that this was how I could continue to relate with her, as consciousness to consciousness. But as I had that thought, then something that P [a mutual friend] had said also came to me, about the Tibetan Buddhist tradition [that sometimes the soul waits around in this plane for a time before moving on]. This then connected with another realization that my continuing to relate with her on this plane might be impeding N’s ability to move on to where she ought now to be: that higher realm of consciousness, to get on with her higher eternal development. As that thought dawned on me, I then had a very strong impression of a well-built dark-skinned woman in a floral dress to the left of my inner vision, as if waiting for something, waiting for N, I sensed, inviting N to join her. The dark-skinned woman seemed to be a Very Important Person. So sensing what I ought to do, I drew the attention and light of N’s consciousness (if that is what it was), towards the VIP, who seemed to smile. N went into her, as if being absorbed into something even brighter and more beautiful. I have been left for the whole morning following, with a deep awareness of a higher realm of Light: it was as if I unconsciously - yet desperately - had called on the Light to help N (and me), and the Light came to welcome her in.

Edited by Paul Joseph 3/2/2015 5:52 AM
bartholomew
Posted 3/2/2015 12:00 PM (#25914 - in reply to #25911)

You needn't be concerned about your friend just passed. Your thoughts of her will not impede her in any way. She has moved back to her permanent home. Attempts by you to communicate with her are no inconvenience to her at all because they go to her via your own soul which is right there with her. Consider the differential in time too. On the mental plane there is a sensation of time but it is different than ours. As a rule the higher one goes in the spiritual universe the slower the passage of time. Thus we often hear of the "timelessness of God". On the highest plane which we are capable of knowing about there is no time at all. Generally time for those on the plane of souls is as follows. A year for us may seem like only a few minutes for them. This is variable of course depending upon the level of advancement of the soul. Souls leave Earth and return to the mental plane. This only takes a short time. It is the only "moving on" that they do.

Of interest here might be remembering the oft related dilemma of exactly how it can be that we have freedom of choice but God knows in advance how we will choose. This question has bothered philosophers through the ages. I wonder why since the answer is so very simple. Remembering the non-linear flow of time we may easily see that we are expressing from within it's currents; here we have a past, present and future... From God's perspective everything simply "is". There is no time thus no past and future for God. For this mighty mind there is only the present. We can easily see then that God has no difficulty in knowing our futures. This is still a bit too much for most of us but it becomes less so when we allow that our brain minds are limited by the three dimensional universe in which they exist. The higher we can send our minds the more we are able to understand. This is another good reason for proper meditations.

Note: Eternity is NOT the endless passage of time. The true meaning of this concept is an existence where there IS NO time at all. Again we see how simple the greater truths can be.
Supernatural3
Posted 3/7/2015 3:43 PM (#25948 - in reply to #25892)

PhD Alumni

I have very similar feelings about reincarnation. I do feel it's a choice though. A choice we choose. If we just are not up to it for a while, we are not forced as we have all eternity to try it again. At least that is how i feel. My issue is i cannot handle much of the negative aspects of being on Earth. I long for my real home.... unfortunately i have been diagnosed with some serious health issues that my prognosis isn't too good, unless i find a transplant. I have no fear of death what so ever. This scares many people around me because of this. Oh well....

Much love and hugs for positive experiences while here!
J
bartholomew
Posted 3/7/2015 4:12 PM (#25950 - in reply to #25948)

Greetings and thanks for the reply. Express as a soul, not a person. Be at peace knowing that all is well.
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/8/2015 8:04 AM (#25952 - in reply to #25948)

PhD Alumni

Hi Jill welcome back ... missed you .... sorry to hear of your illness .... what you say about the negative aspects of being on Earth resonated with my friend whose sensitive vulnerability made her life impossible for her to bear in the end....

... something Bartholomew said in another post was very helpful to me in his comment something to the effect that, the work on our selves we do here in some way counts more towards our soul development than what we can do in our, as you say, 'real home' - forgive me B if I mis-remember and am not deliberately misquoting - but the sense I took from that is that our continuing purpose here, whatever it is, has more value than we might initially perceive at this level/perspective of ours ...

...'for now we see through a glass darkly' perhaps
Supernatural3
Posted 3/8/2015 6:28 PM (#25961 - in reply to #25892)

PhD Alumni

I still have much reading (catching up) to do. But as far as reincarnation.... i have more than my fair share of lives lived. Right now i can say i am done.... but i most likely will change my mind again, and again, and so on. LOL

I wish we had a like button. (I am very used to FB). HA HA

HUGS
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software